Start by marking “Sneed B. Collard III's Most Fun Book Ever About Lizards” as Want to Read:
Sneed B. Collard III's Most Fun Book Ever About Lizards

Sneed B. Collard III's Most Fun Book Ever About Lizards

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Lizards are cool. Literally. They are ectotherms, which means they can’t make their own heat. That’s why you see many types of lizards basking in the sun, seemingly doing nothing at all. That’s the life. But make no mistake, lizards have very busy lives—looking for food and avoiding being food. Popular science writer Sneed B. Collard III gets down and dirty with all kinds ...more
Published February 1st 2012 by Charlesbridge (first published January 1st 2012)

Be the first to ask a question about Sneed B. Collard III's Most Fun Book Ever About Lizards

Jim Erekson
Okay, so this is the first in a stack of informational books. It takes on a very wide topic--all lizards--which the author notes represents over half of all reptiles. So this photograph-oriented book is completely topical, and each 'chapter' (there's a TOC at the front)takes on an aspect of interest for the topic.

Collard provides copious text for each section of the book, in a joking voice that reminds me a little of Kratt's Kreatures from the 1990s on PBS (I guess they have a newer animated sh
Roberta Gibson
I have to admit it was the title that caught my eye when I spotted Sneed B. Collard III's Most Fun Book Ever About Lizards by Sneed B. Collard III at our local library. What middle-grade child can resist a title like that?

To say Sneed Collard's book is special is an understatement. First of all, the text is written is a conversational, second person style that is relaxed and friendly. He starts out with "Meet Joe Lizard," detailing the life of "your average" western fence lizard. Sometimes book
Sharon Lawler
Informational text accompanied by captioned photos on every page, glossary, index. Whether it's a pet lizard, or a lizard in the wild, information is here.
Pam
I learned a lot in this book about lizards (did you know they are also called saurians?). So many interesting facts that children will love learning about. I thought it was interesting that scientists measure lizards without their tail length (for a few reasons, one being that they often lose their tails). Pictures are amazing. Seeing a komodo dragon (a lizard that can eat people - luckily they only live in Indonesia!) will be fascinating for children (creepy for me!). High quality non-fiction!
Edward Sullivan
Entertaining and informative with great photographs.
Linda
fantastic photographs accompanied by interesting text
Lisa
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Nikole
Nikole marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2013
Claire
Claire added it
Oct 04, 2012
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2012
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy) marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2012
Mary Ann
Mary Ann marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2012
Sneed B. Collard III is a biologist, world traveler, speaker, and author of more than forty books for young people, including Flash Point, Dog Sense, and Double Eagle. Collard holds degrees from the University of California at Berkeley. He lives in Montana.
More about Sneed B. Collard III...
Double Eagle Dog Sense Animal Dads Flash Point The Governor's Dog is Missing (Slate Stephens Mysteries, #1)