A Baby Between Them (Irish Brides, # 3)

A Baby Between Them (Irish Brides #3)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  137 ratings  ·  17 reviews
The Foundling's Family
For two months, Nora Murphy has cared for the abandoned infant she found on their Boston-bound ship. Settled now in Faith Glen, Nora tells herself she's happy. She has little Grace, and a good job as housekeeper to Sheriff Cameron Long. She doesn't need anything more-not the big family she always wanted, or Cam's love....A traumatic childhood closed C...more
Published June 5th 2012 by Love Inspired (first published June 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Baby Between Them, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Baby Between Them

Alyssia
Rarely do I feel a dire need to review a book, but this one stands so far out among the same old, same old, ho-hum historical, I just had to put in my two shillings. Heroine Nora Murphy is as refreshing as she is relatable to every woman who feels she’s nothing special, whether by looks or personality. She’s learned to accept her lot in life (really, who hasn’t been there?), but her kind nature and independent spirit attract Sheriff Cameron Long, who’s as strong and deliciously multi-dimensional...more
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Irish Brides
Category: Inspirational Romance
Paula-O
"A Baby Between Them" by Winnie Griggs (3rd book in Irish Brides series)

Another author-another sister's tale in this last book in the series.
Nora Murphy came to America on the ship "Annie McGee" along with two sisters. Nora loved children and when a family was in need of a nanny for the trip she happily took the job. Not long into the trip she found an abandoned newborn on the ship and took over its care while everyone searched for the mother. The three sisters took turns helping with the baby a...more
Amy

Griggs is one of my favorite LI authors. This one did not disappoint. I liked that Grace (the "baby between them") was not the focus of the story. Too many of these types of books use babies/children as a clutch, where the woman falls in love with the man's children, and then realizes she loves the man, or vice versa, or raising a child brings the man and woman together. Griggs uses Grace to help bond Cam and Nora, but Grace is not their only nor their primary bond.

(view spoiler)...more
Susan
Very good book. Nora is settled in Faith Glen, taking care of Grace and working for the sheriff. She has told herself that she will be happy as she is - she will not risk her heart again after having it broken back in Ireland. Cam refuses to think of a family for himself after things that happened as a youth make him feel he is not able to take that risk. Nora starts a bakery business for herself as a way to supplement her income. She also finds herself spending more time with Cam. After learnin...more
Julie
Jun 02, 2012 Julie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Irish brides, inspirational historical romance,
Some books strike a chord because of your own life. With Irish ancestry and two younger sisters, I was naturally attracted to the Irish Brides Love Inspired Historical trilogy about three sisters who make a new start in America. But it was the writing trio of Cheryl St. John, Renee Ryan and Winnie Griggs that really caught my attention.

In “A Baby Between Them,” Winnie Griggs wraps up the adventures of the Murphy sisters with the tale of Nora, the oldest sister responsible for an abandoned infan...more
Nellie
I liked this book. It was predictable, but clean, and easy to read. It's worth reading, but not super exciting. This is the 3rd in a series, but written by different authors. From the book: Nora Murphy has cared for the abandoned infant she found on their Boston-bound ship. Settled now in Faith Glen, Nora tells herself she's happy. She has little Grace, and a good job as housekeeper to Sheriff Cameron Long. She doesn't need anything more-not the big family she always wanted, or Cam's love.
Lana
I won this book as a goodreads giveaway and I enjoyed it very much. It is a Christian historical romance, and it was wonderful to read such a positive, uplifting story. The plot was definitely predictable, after all, we read romance because the heroine always gets her true love. What set this book apart for me was its wholesome tone and the caring of the characters for everyone, no matter how flawed. For light summer reading, I recommend this book.
Lyn Morgan
I enjoyed reading this book. A spunky heroine, a dreamy hero and the most adorable baby ever are among the characters of this one. As always Winnie Griggs has given us a solid story with just the right combination of problems, a hint of ages old mystery and that oh-so-satisfying happily ever after ending.
Highland-dreamer
Nora's story was very good. I liked her character, but thought it took forever for her and Cameron to fall in love! Or at least it took forever for them to realize it. :) I enjoyed their story, and getting updates of the other sisters as well. It was a nice epilogue at the end.
Karen Kirst
This is a heartwarming story, very engaging characters and a nice progression of the romance. I really enjoyed reading about Sheriff Cameron Long and Nora Murphy because they start out as friends and slowly come to care more deeply for each other. Very nicely done!
Annie

My favorite line was:

"Then Nora's expression softened into a smile. "Isn't it a wonderous thing how, twenty-six years ago, the Almighty was already laying the groundwork so that me and my sisters would be taken care of in our time of need."
Fedora
A fitting conclusion to this trilogy--I enjoyed this one as well. All three are enjoyable reads, and are sweet reminders of the goodness of God and the graciousness of His love and forgiveness.
Sandie Mixa
A very sweet story of giving, unselfishness and giving people second chances. I loved this 3rd in a series about 3 Irish immigrant sisters.
Karen
This is a very good book. I am glad I read this book. It is christian based and has family values. Based in the 1800's.
Erin
I liked this sequel to Mistaken Bride. Another fast, clean read.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Irish Brides
Category: Inspirational Romance
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Sydney
Sydney marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Marianne Maughan
Marianne Maughan marked it as to-read
JJ
JJ marked it as to-read
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, # 1)
  • Mistaken Bride (Irish Brides, #2)
  • The Bridal Swap (Smoky Mountain Matches, #2)
  • The Baron's Governess Bride (Glass Slipper Brides, #2)
  • The Runaway Bride
  • Engaging the Earl
  • The Homesteader's Sweetheart (Wyoming Legacy #1)
  • The Unlikely Wife (Bowen, #2)
  • Mail-Order Holiday Brides: Home for Christmas\Snowflakes for Dry Creek
  • Their Frontier Family (Wilderness Brides, #1)
  • The Earl's Mistaken Bride (The Parson's Daughters, #1)
  • Love on the Range
  • Family Lessons (Orphan Train, #1)
  • Mail Order Cowboy (Brides of Simpson Creek, #1)
  • The Champion (Love Inspired Historical)
  • The Husband Campaign (The Master Matchmakers, #3)
191160
Winnie Griggs grew up in south Louisiana in an undeveloped area her friends thought of as the very back of beyond. With her two younger siblings and another family of two siblings for playmates, she spent many an hour exploring the overgrown land around her home, cutting jungle trails, building forts and frontier camps, and looking for pirate ships on the nearby bayou.

Once she ‘grew up’ she found...more
More about Winnie Griggs...
The Hand-Me-Down Family Handpicked Husband (Texas Grooms, #1) The Proper Wife The Bride Next Door (Texas Grooms, #2) Second Chance Family