Start by marking “His Marriage to Remember (The Good, the Bad and the Texan, #1)” as Want to Read:
His Marriage to Remember (The Good, the Bad and the Texan, #1)

His Marriage to Remember (The Good, The Bad, and The Texan #1)

Rafferty Vs. Rafferty
Her heart breaking, Bria Rafferty is about to hand-deliver divorce papers to her husband when he's knocked unconscious. Now he remembers nothing of the past six months. Not Bria's unhappiness. Not the harrowing event that made her walk out the door. Sam thinks they still live together at the Sugar Creek Ranch. That his money is all she needs. That eve
Published June 5th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about His Marriage to Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Marriage to Remember

Booklover
Christa Runge
Apr 21, 2012 Christa Runge rated it it was amazing
His Marriage to Remember by Kathie DeNosky

Brianna Rafferty showed up at Sam Rafferty’s latest rodeo to get him to sign their divorce papers only to watch him have a horrific accident with one of the bulls. When Sam regains consciousnesses he doesn’t remember the last six months, so he doesn’t remember that Bria and he were on the verge of getting a divorce. Bria is unsure of what to do but his brothers (not biological brothers, 6 troubled teenage boys that were sent to the Last Chance Ranch inst
Jenny
Mar 14, 2016 Jenny rated it liked it
Sam and Bria are getting a divorce because he is a workaholic and wasn't there for her when she had a miscarriage 5 months ago. Now she has returned to get his signature on the divorce papers, but an accident causes him amnesia and he doesn't remember that Bria has left him. Bria decides to live with him until his memory returns and pretend they are still married. Sam's memory returns soon but he is determined to win back his wife so he hides that fact from her.

Angsty emotional book. I would ha
Kate
Jun 30, 2012 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall rating -- 3.5 stars

I enjoyed this book, but it left me unsatisfied. The characters were likeable, the storyline was good, the plot was wrapped up at the end, but it just didn't seem to have a lot of substance.
Paige
Jun 22, 2012 Paige rated it it was ok
Shelves: i-own, nook, 2012-books
HIS MARRIAGE TO REMEMBER was a pretty quick read with few complaints.

Just as Bria Rafferty is delivering her husband Sam divorce papers for his signature, he’s injured at their charity rodeo when he gets distracted by her arrival.

With short term memory loss, Sam doesn’t remember the last six months: The pending divorce, Bria’s miscarriage and all her arguments on how miserable she is with him constantly being on the road with his livestock company.

When his brothers ask her to move back into t
Susan
May 06, 2012 Susan rated it it was amazing
Good book. Bria and Sam still loved each other, but Bria couldn't live with him anymore. When she returned to the ranch to care for him after his accident, he didn't remember their pending divorce. Bria found that it was difficult to play the part of happily married under those circumstances, but she didn't want to cause Sam any stress by reminding Sam. Having him at home caused them to spend more time together, making her remember what it was like when they were first married. Sam started getti ...more
Cogito_ergo_sum
Dec 21, 2013 Cogito_ergo_sum rated it it was ok
The author did an okay job of emotionally connecting the reader to the characters, however the plot was kind of boring. Maybe Basically, it's because it was too predictable. Are Harlequin books supposed to be predictable? The recent one I read was also predictable. Does one browse a bookshelf thinking, "Hmmm, I want to read this kind of plot today. Aha! This book promises me this exact plot, there is no room for me to be surprised with something I didn't ask for"?
Maybe I'm reading the wrong genr
Tia
May 08, 2012 Tia rated it it was amazing
Heading to the rodeo to meet up with her hero to give him divorce papers was the heroines only option until she sees her hero being attacked by a raging bull. Now the hero has lost his memories, the last six months in his life. Before their marriage fell apart, before she lost their baby with a devastating miscarriage and before he demanded a divorce. So now the heroine is stuck playing it out until the hero gets his memory back. It's not a hardship for the heroine in the sense because she still ...more
Kaycee ❤️
3.5 Stars!

His Marriage To Remember was a pretty quick read and a delightful one. I was surprised at how I enjoyed this mattiage-on-the-rocks trope since I try yo avoid them as much as I can. Maybe because of the way Kathy Denosky wrote this. It was well written and believable. The author had me emotionally connected to Sam and Bria, I feel the pain they both experienced and felt the happiness when they found the happy ever after the deserved.
Cyndi Delia
Jun 25, 2012 Cyndi Delia rated it really liked it
Kathie DeNosky always writes a great book and this was no exception. she does a fab job on telling a great amnesia story. it was well done and believable bria and sam made a great couple. I look foward to reading more about sams brothers.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Good, the Bad and the Texan
Category: Passion
Ann Lorz
Jul 06, 2012 Ann Lorz rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, cowboys
As always a well written story. I enjoyed reading about how Bria and Sam worked out their issues. It's always fun falling in love. Some people get to do it twice with the same person.
Fiona Marsden
Jul 16, 2012 Fiona Marsden rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who love reunion stories
Recommended to Fiona by: Author Prize
This was one of those nice stories about nice people. Sam and Bria's marriage has broken down and on the day she comes to the Rodeo to deliver the divorce papers, Sam is distracted by her and is injured by a bull, losing his memory.
Sam is not one of those hard uncompromising alpha males who insist on dominating his wife. He just wants to be the best husband and provider he can be and he can't understand why Bria doesn't see and appreciate that.
Bria is just tired. Tired of being alone while Sam b
Connie N.
#1 in The Good, the Bad and the Texas romance series

This is a fairly nice contemporary romance, in the Harlequin Desire style (which means it's quick and easy and light). Our hero has had a difficult upbringing, ending up in a foster home and becoming a highly motivated and successful adult. Although, because he hasn't shared his background with his wife and because he is a guarded workaholic, she's now in the process of divorcing him. When he's injured by a bull at a rodeo, he loses his memory
Melody Cox
May 19, 2016 Melody Cox rated it liked it
This was a pretty fair read. I do love Kathie DeNosky's books. She's a great wordsmith and paints a beautiful picture with her words.

Sam and Bria have filed for divorce but when she tracks him down to give him the papers to sign he's seriously injured by a bull. Now he's also got amnesia.

Bria doesn't really want the divorce but she feels heartbroken and betrayed that his business always comes first...like when she miscarried five months ago and she had to go through that alone because he was awa
Biggaletta Day
Dec 26, 2016 Biggaletta Day rated it it was amazing
I like Kathie DeNosky's (KDeN) books and this was no exception. It was a straight line romance with a few surprises but KDeN delivered on the emotional. Sam was good but stubborn in a way. And after finding out about his past it made sense. Bria was okay and still sore from losing her baby so...

I guess if there was one thing I didn't get was they went out for two years and were married for three so I guess I do understand a review that said Bria seemed very shrew and judgemental. Like after gett
Arielle
Jun 09, 2012 Arielle rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Women who need a quick escape, and men who need tips
At first I was real suspect. I'd never read a Harlequin book before. Repetitive at times (constant phrases to the effect of "it had been so long since she felt this way after such and such happened" etc.). It was like a constant recap. The story was told from both his and her point of view--without making it obvious. The shifts were seamless. The pacing was excellent. Never too slow, never too fast. A quick and easy read.
Barbara
Apr 03, 2013 Barbara rated it it was amazing
This was, hands-down, the best Desire I have ever read.

I was literally crying from about page 3. (That has never happened before.) You can just see the love between the hero and heroine from the start and though I know that we'll eventually get our happily ever after (it is Harlequin, after all), the two characters wanting different things in life seems so insurmountable that I really believed it.

It was my first Kathie Denosky and I will definitely be reading more of her!
Mem
D2161 Jun12. Sam Rafferty is headed towards divorce because he is to busy working. His wife, Bria, left when he was to busy to come home when she had a miscarriage 5 months ago. Now she has returned to get his signature on the divorce papers, and he gets knocked out by a bull. His memory is missing the few months and doesn't remember that it was 3 months ago she left him and the ranch.
Nicky
Jul 30, 2013 Nicky rated it liked it
This was okay. I'm glad Sam learned his lesson and that they both seemed to get what they wanted. I'm really looking forward to book 2. That little scenario looks really interesting w/ Ryder and Summer.
Karen
Jul 10, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it
1st in a series. Hurt in an accident, Sam loses his memory of the last six months...and that his wife Bria was divorcing him. A touching story of a couple who obviously love each other but have a hard time communicating with each other. A great start to The Good, The Bad and The Texan series.
Radiant
Dec 03, 2013 Radiant rated it liked it
Bria has to reconsider her divorce when her husband Sam is met with rodeo accident...can the few weeks help them both come closer again?
It was a overall nice book!
Beth Owens
Sep 04, 2013 Beth Owens rated it really liked it
Shelves: the-best-of-me
Such a good book. I loved that she stuck to her guns and let him come to her.
Carol
Mar 23, 2014 Carol added it
Never give up Hope
GuisBell
Mar 09, 2016 GuisBell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bueno
Me gusto, la forma en que una pareja se enfrenta a situaciones que pueden destruir su relación y sobre lo superan y esa relación se hace más fuerte ♡♡♡
Roub
Feb 14, 2013 Roub rated it liked it
nice one but i guess i like books when there is angst between hero and heroine. so i could not quite appreciate this one
Melissa Maxwell
Oct 23, 2012 Melissa Maxwell rated it it was amazing
Review to Come.
Judith
Aug 21, 2012 Judith rated it it was amazing
4.5 - I really enjoyed this story. I thought the author did an amazing job with the characters, especially the siblings and I would definitely read the other books to come along in this series.
Brad
Jul 18, 2012 Brad rated it really liked it
I had to read this book , I heard that it was really good..I have to say reading this book in a matter of hours it was really good!!!
  • A Very Private Merger (Dynasties: The Kincaids. #6)
  • What Lies Beneath
  • An Inconvenient Affair (The Alpha Brotherhood, #1)
  • A Tangled Affair (The Pearl House #2)
  • Impossible to Resist (The Men of Wolff Mountain, #3)
  • Wrong Man, Right Kiss (Gage Brothers #2)
  • On the Verge of I Do (Dynasties: The Kincaids #4)
  • Seducing His Princess (Married by Royal Decree, #3)
  • Waking Up in the Wrong Bed
  • The Christmas Love-Child (Snow, Satin and Seduction)
  • A Real Cowboy (Rich Rugged Ranchers #2)
  • Whatever the Price (Hollywood #2; Billionaires and Babies, #31)
  • The Divorce Party (The Delicious De Campos, #1)
  • Return of the Moralis Wife
  • How to Ruin a Reputation (The Rakes Beyond Redemption #2)
  • His Majesty's Mistake (A Royal Scandal, #2)
  • Princess in the Making (Billionaires and Babies, #30)
Kathie writes at night with country tunes playing from a local radio station while the rest of the world sleeps. It's the quiet time of the night that inspires her to craft her stories with a unique style of sensuality, interspersed with a little humor.

Kathie has been a Romance Writers of America Golden Heart finalist twice. Her June 2001 release, His Baby Surprise, received the National Readers'
More about Kathie DeNosky...

The Good, The Bad, and The Texan (6 books)
  • A Baby Between Friends (The Good, the Bad and the Texan, #2)
  • Your Ranch...Or Mine? (The Good, the Bad and the Texan, #3)
  • The Cowboy's Way (The Good, the Bad and the Texan, #4; Billionaires and Babies, #53)
  • Pregnant with the Rancher's Baby: Reclaimed by the Rancher
  • Tempted By The Texan (The Good, the Bad and the Texan, #6)