The Forbidden Ferrara (Ferrara #2)

The Forbidden Ferrara (Ferrara #2)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  378 ratings  ·  45 reviews
A Ferrara should never share a bed with a Baracchi - however high the stakes!

Dark-hearted Santino Ferrara has always remembered how long-legged, hot-tempered Fia Baracchi felt in his arms - much to his frustration. Then a million-dollar business deal throws them together, and keeping his distance is no longer an option.

But Fia is living a lie. If it's ever discovered that

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Presents #3068 Larger Print, 256 pages
Published June 2012 by Harlequin

Fiona Marsden
Aug 28, 2012 Fiona Marsden rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: If you like hot and steamy with good storyline
Recommended to Fiona by: Author Preference
Don't ask me how it happened. It was supposed to be just a little peek before bedtime. I read the excerpt on the authors site and it finished at a point of maximum impact. I just wanted to know what came next. What came next was 1am and it was all over bar the clean up.

Fia is a resiliant woman who responded to her loveless childhood by building herself a little family around her restaurant to provide a loving environment for her son. Having watched the Ferrara family from a distance as a child,...more
Saly
I love the elder brother's story, sadly this didn't have the same emotional intensity and pull and ended up only being an average read. The h/H families have feuded for years mainly because the heroine's family isn't willing to let it go. Three years ago the h/H spent an explosive night together then all hell broke loose, her brother died and the hero was blamed even though it was her brother who had stolen his car.

Three years later the hero wants their families to end the feud and finds out tha...more
Leona
I so enjoyed this book...second chances is my favorite trope, and when in the hands of a writer like Sarah Morgan, you can't help but get a 5 star read.

I actually enjoyed this one more than the first book. I felt this one really delivered a much more loving story. For me, the first was a little too dark. Especially the way Christiano refused to take responsibility for abandoning his wife....The fact that he didn't take the time to truly understand what happened, lessened him. I also couldn't res...more
Jennie
Well, I really really enjoyed this book. The second story is about the second Ferraro brother , Santo. He's fabulously sexy and arrogant to match ! Fia, the heroine, has had such a tough life, I cried for her. But she's a survivor.
Santo ends up eating humble pie and doing his utmost to win the love and respect of Fia after a shaky beginning.
This story is great, in the usual tradition of Sarah Morgan !
RLA

I have been waiting for this book to finally land in my hands for ages! I loved the first book in this duet by Sarah Morgan (Once a Ferrara Wife...), so I was pretty excited about this one.

I have to be honest and say that I was a little disappointed with this one. I'm not saying this is a bad book, it most definitely is not! I just felt it wasn't quite there.

I usually love a 'secret baby' book but there has to be a good reason for the baby being kept secret - in this book I don't really...more
willaful
If I hadn't already read a thousand secret baby HPs, I might really like this. I liked Fia, a successful but affection starved heroine from a very dysfunctional family. Her wistfulness about Santo's loving family is touching. Still, at its core it's the same old story -- you had my baby, now you must marry me! You only married me for the baby and you don't love me! Tired of it.
Mandi Schreiner
There is a nasty feud on the coast of Sicily between the Ferrara family and the Baracchi family. The two families hate each other for many reasons but that isn’t stopping Santino Ferrara from wanting to expand his hotel onto Baracchi land. His family thinks he is crazy and the Baracchi family would never in a million years sell their land to him. But what they don’t know is Santino and Fia Baracchi had a passionate night three years ago. When it was over, they both walked away and never spoke ag...more
Dalia
Another highly emotional book from the wonderfully talented Sarah Morgan !!
Despite the feud between their families, Santo & Fia shared a very passionate night. Three years later, when santo walks into FIa s restaurant, he has the chock of his life : he has a son.
Santo is an alpha hero to whom family is everything. He always get what he wants, and he wants to marry Fia for the sake of his son Luca. With his "" my way or no way" attitude, he is too cruel to Fia. Not for once does he...more
Ethar
I absolutely loved it , I was crying by the end of the book . He was so amazing with her but not the begging , he was horrible , I wanted to shout my lungs of the things he said to her. He blinded himself of the good things she did just because he was angry she did n`t tell him about his son . Did not stop for a second to think what happened to her after that night. the good thing is he tried his best to fix his mistakes.And I loved her , she is very good mother and a strong woman even if she di...more
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
My Reviews: HarlequinJunkie Romance Reviews

Sarah Morgan Bravo!

Ever since I read about dark smoldering Santo in Once a Ferrara wife, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this book and Santo was delicious for use of a better word. Wow!

Back story: Santo and Fia’s family have feuded over the years, so it comes as a shock to Santo when he learns that one night of passion with Fia resulted in a pregnancy and a son he hasn’t know about for 3 yrs. Santo decides to make right by Fia and Luca and proposes...more
Desere
Review by Desere

The Forbidden Ferrara by the wonderfully talented Sarah Morgan is the second book about two very delicious and incredible bothers.

Santo has always gotten whatever he wanted and this time around he will not only have his son but he will at any and all costs have the one and only woman responsible for turning his blood to boiling point and not only in anger but in pure unbridled passion.

Fia's character is that of a strong,independent,hard working and loving single mother who having...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
I love Italian heroes and the Ferrara brothers, Cristiano & Santo are absolutely fabulous. Having first met Santo Ferrara in the first book Once a Ferrara Wife I was really looking forward to his book.

This is such an emotional, gripping, romantic and passionate tale of two people with so many obstacles in their way to finding each other.

It’s like reading Romeo & Juliet just that here we have the bitter feud between the Ferrara & Barrachi families and Santo & Fia do not die at the...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

I thought that Cristiano was a tough nut to crack but his brother, Santo has a more challenging situation to deal with in The Forbidden Ferrara as readers are treated to an unusual spin in this engaging romance. You know the old saying, “The grass is always greener on the other side”? In this story it’s the truth and the conflict is compelling and fascinating.

Imagine a woman who yearns for a family life filled with love, affection and...more
Jenny
I hated the first book so I was very reluctant to read this one but I am glad I did. The first story had an awful heroine and a flat doormat hero so I couldn't connect with it. But this one was emotional and intense. It was a story full of chemistry, passion, true love and second chances to get it right and fighting for what you want.

I loved Santos from the moment he entered the story. He’s hot, sexy, possessive and 100% alpha. Most importantly he is instantly smitten with his son and becomes a...more
Kat Morrisey
I have been hooked on Harlequins lately. I think part of it is that they are sweet, sexy, low on angst (there is some, but it's not OTT) and the writing is usually pretty solid. And this is defintiely the case with the author of this book. I knew that going in, since I just finished Once a Ferrara Wife... days before. And I was looking forward to reading Santo's story.

I knew going in I would have a bit of an issue with this book. Secret pregnancy tropes make me uncomfortable-I think it's all my...more
Tia
When the hero saw the heroine and discovered he had a son from one night of passion, he aimed to make it right. So he married not because he had t but because even when they were mere teenagers, he loved her. She loved him too, so she married him hoping he would eventually love her. When the misunderstandings get sorted out, things become clear, they were made for each other.

It was a totally sweet and enlightening book. I was uber glad to see another Ferrara book out there.
Tracie
I loved Once a Ferrara Wife... so I had high hopes for this book. Sadly it didn't live up to my expectations.

For about 3/4 of the book Santos is an unmitigated ass. He is unnecessarily cruel to Fia and controlling and demanding. It is his way or no way at all. Despite all evidence of Luca being well cared for he insults Fia's parenting and accuses her of all unthinkable things just because her last name and the family she came from.

I liked Fia in the beginning of the book. She worked hard to be...more
Vashti
This is Fia's and Santino's book and while it did not have the emotional punch as Laurel and Christiano's story I enjoyed this one quite alot.Three years ago Fia and Santio spent an erotic night of sex and a pregnancy resulted .She never told him about the baby because there was contention between the two families.One night Santino shows up at her resturant and finds out he has a son.The story moves along nicely,progressing to the couple marring for the sake of Luca,their son.Fia carries around...more
Julie Bonello
USA Today best-selling author Sarah Morgan is at her inimitable best with The Forbidden Ferrara, a dazzling tale of bitter feuds, dark secrets and illicit passion guaranteed to hold readers spellbound from start to finish!

The Ferrara and Baracchi families have despised each other for generations and their long-standing feud shows no signs of abating with the passing of time. Bitterness and hatred had turned these two families into sworn enemies and nobody can ever envisage them ever getting alon...more
Joyfully Reviewed
Three years ago, Santino Ferrara and Fia Baracchi shared a very intimate night. A night that Santino just knew that Fia needed something, and he offered her comfort with no words being spoken just being there for her. But after their one and only night both of them locked it up and didn’t ever cross paths again until Santo wa looking to expand the family business. However, the land they need is now owned by the Baracchi family, their enemies for the past several generations! Santo seeks to obtai...more
Booklover
This was a good read for me,liked the way Santo tries to make his marriage work but two things irritated me first

-Santo's reaction when he found out about Luca,if Fia was at fault for keeping the child then he is also equally at fault cause he never bothered to ask or check back after one month even if then Fia had kept the pregnancy then his reaction would have been justified

-Fia was very weak character,her jumping to conclusions and constantly thinking negative about herself frustrated me.

Othe...more
Trudy Miner
The Ferraras and the Baracchis have been feuding for generations but Santino and Fia grew up together and one night they got together briefly. Now, three years later, Santino wants to buy Baracchi land for his hotel development and he comes to Fia's Beach Shack restaurant to discuss the matter with her where he gets the shock of his life! Forced into a marriage that she didn't want for Luca's sake, can Fia and Santino overcome their childhoods, bury the family feud and find love?

I loved this sto...more
J.R. Newell
This book was a bit uneven for me. The first half was a pure category romance cliche (secret baby and a dominating alpha male hero insisting on marriage). But instead of meekly giving in to the hero's demands to get married, the heroine showed some spunk and stood up for what she believed was best for herself and her son. Of course, by the middle of the book, the marriage took place but after that is when the story really took off for the better. The relationship gained depth, the characters wen...more
Missy
A hot steamy passionate sweet read. Loved the fight she put up not to show her emotions but wanted a loving family enviroment for her son and tried her best to suceed; she does a good job too.
Christine
The first page immediately grabbed my interest- the story is very intriguing and the descriptions are very accurate. Up to now all I can say is GREAT!!!

I just finished it- their passion leaps off the page! The plot is AMAZING! Will definitely read another book by Sarah Morgan. I just could not put this one down. I started reading it at about one in the morning and I thought that only half an hour had gone by, but when I looked at the alarm clock it was actually 3.30 - I could not be bothered!!!...more
Virna
I enjoyed this book.
Matilda
When you 've enjoyed the previous book of the series and the next one has won a award, the expectations are high.Well, too high actually and in immense danger of crashing and burning.
This is what happened in this case.I expected too much and didnot get it.
A forgetable book just like countless others.
My real rating is 2,5 stars
Ceci
To be honest, I didn't expect much of this book but i wanted to read it because i really love the first book. It was a train wreck all over the book. Horrible characters who made really dumb or stupid choices. To over the top... and i could go on why i didn't like the book. Shame because Once a Ferrara wife... was really good.
Joanne
I really enjoyed The Forbidden Ferrara though like many other reviewers, I think the first one (Once a Ferrara Wife) is better.

In saying that I just love Sarah Morgan's books :) and love her larger than life heroes who just smoulder with sexuality and literally walk off the page!
  • The Sultan's Choice
  • Scandal: Unclaimed Love-Child
  • Nicolo: The Powerful Sicilian (Orisini Brothers, #4)
  • His Majesty's Mistake
  • Craving the Forbidden
  • His Ring Is Not Enough
  • Cupcakes and Killer Heels (Brothers & Sisters, #2)
  • An Indecent Proposition
  • Return of the Moralis Wife (Mills & Boon Modern)
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • The Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • First Time Lucky?
  • Unlocking her Innocence
  • Forgotten Daughter (Bad Blood, #7)
About Sarah

USA Today bestselling author Sarah Morgan writes hot, happy contemporary romance and her trademark humour and sensuality have gained her fans across the globe. She has been nominated four years in succession for the prestigious RITA© Award from the Romance Writers of America and has won the award twice, in 2012 and 2013. She also won the RT Reviewers' Choice Award in 2012 and has made n...more
More about Sarah Morgan...
Doukakis's Apprentice Once a Ferrara Wife... (Ferrara #1) Sleigh Bells in the Snow (O'Neil Brothers, #1) A Night of Scandal (Bad Blood, #1) Ripped (Miller Sisters, #1)

“Even though he'd dragged on his jeans in a hurry, he looked utterly spectacular. Indecently handsome and more masculine than any single member of the species had a right to look.” 2 likes