Start by marking “Impossible to Resist (The Men of Wolff Mountain, #3)” as Want to Read:
Impossible to Resist (The Men of Wolff Mountain, #3)

Impossible to Resist (Men Of Wolff Mountain #3)

A Wolff mates for life...

Imposing and brooding, Dr. Jacob Wolff has built a wall around his heart as impregnable as the mountain on which he lives. Until, with one simple request, Hollywood beauty Ariel Dane knocks it down....

Ariel needs Jacob to pose as her lover. But weeks on location with the young, sassy extrovert torture the reclusive doctor...and her seductive body
Mass Market Paperback, 187 pages
Published June 5th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Impossible to Resist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Impossible to Resist

Susan
May 31, 2012 Susan rated it it was amazing
Very good book. I liked both Ariel and Jacob. Jacob had closed off his emotions after losing too many people who were close to him. He had been hurt too much to want to risk it again. When Ariel came to him and appealed to him as a doctor to help her out, he couldn't say no. But he was also leery, as she attracted him as no woman had in years. Ariel needed Jacob's help as a doctor. She couldn't risk anyone knowing of her health issues while she was filming her new movie, so she talked Jacob into ...more
Cj
Sep 24, 2012 Cj rated it did not like it
I thought it was stupid.

I didn't like the characters.
I didn't like the plot.
I didn't like all the illness & death.

It wasn't realistic and I couldn't relate.
☂ ℬrandi
This book is a typical Harlequin Desire length yet somehow it seemed really short. It's the story of the third Wolff brother, Dr. Jacob and a Hollywood starlet, Ariel Dane. Ariel has come to Jacob to ask him to masquerade as her boyfriend while shooting her next film in Antigua. She contracted malaria months ago and fears she might have another attack which would risk her Oscar-worthy role. If Jacob is there he can attend her and make excuses without revealing the illness.

I'm not sure why the s
Tima
Sep 09, 2012 Tima rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Dr. Jacob Wolff is wealthy and reclusive. So when a young actress comes to his office and asks him to be her personal doctor and stand-in boyfriend, he's a bit reluctant to agree. Ariel needs a fake boyfriend. Preferably one who is a doctor. She has something making her ill. If Dr. Wolff is her boyfriend and secretly treating her, no one will realize she's sick and she can continue her job without danger of losing it. It's the perfect plan; or so she thinks.

The premise for this story was amusing
Becky Condit
Sep 13, 2012 Becky Condit rated it liked it
I can’t say I hated it. I actually enjoyed it, even if the middle 150 or so pages was a repetition of the you-are-too-young-for-me (8 years is too young?) and you-don’t-want-to settle-down tropes. There was the intermittent story of Ariel’s mother’s serious illness to add a bit of angst, and a few other secondary characters to get to know a little bit, but overall, if you want a story to read quickly that won’t tax your brain this may be the one for you.

Please see my cmplete review on Sept. 22,
princessP
Sep 17, 2012 princessP rated it it was amazing
I don't normally read Harlequin Desire, but since I'm a member of Tell Harelquin, I read it, and was very surprised that I loved it! I thought Jacob was portrayed especially well--the guy is HOT!!! :) And while I didn't completely identify with Ariel all the time (she's a movie star, and I don't have much experience in That field, LOL), I really liked the two of them together. The book held my attention from beginning to end, and I really enjoyed it. It was a pleasant escape. If I see future boo ...more
Esther
What a nice change from most hero's that you read about now in that this one was honorable, sweet, kind, brilliant, but still alpha. And he was not a man whore!

Liked that heroine, she was beautiful, strong, kind and sassy (which I loved).

And I thought these two together was pure perfection. They had great chemistry, storyline, witty dialogue and hot (the beach scene was hot and beautiful).

A very pleasant and nice surprise in this read!
Rob
Sep 02, 2012 Rob rated it it was ok
This was just ok for me...a few things that bothered me were the frequent references to the age difference between Jacob and Ariel (it wasn't even that much), however it kept me thinking he was robbing the cradle, and then Jacob's little pet names for her just made it that much more disturbing. The Epilogue could have been better
Lisa
Sep 21, 2012 Lisa rated it liked it
Had more plot and emotion than most romance novels; I didnt mind the racy parts. It was a good read for a lazy afternoon.
Rebekah
Oct 01, 2012 Rebekah rated it did not like it
Impossible to Resist was Impossible to Finish.

I simply could not finish this . It was Awful.I'd give it less than half a star, if that were possible.
Jennifer Mcpherson
Sep 20, 2012 Jennifer Mcpherson rated it did not like it
Can't rate its a blah the story Ariel was playing was More interested than the novel itself...
Abigail Morales
Jun 09, 2012 Abigail Morales rated it really liked it
Oh Janice Maynard..... can you please write a three-story novel? Desire books are not enough.....
Jenny
Aug 06, 2015 Jenny rated it liked it
Sweet love story with 2 very likable characters!
Yazmin
Sep 30, 2012 Yazmin rated it really liked it
Jacob Wolff is a recluse in his mountain, helping those who can afford him and spending time trying to find a cure for cancer. After loosing his mother and aunt on a kidnapping, his best friend to an illness at a very young age and his fiancee to another illness he is not willing to risk his heart again. Ariel is an actress looking for a doctor to help her with her illness that nobody knows about, but he must pose as her boyfriend in front of everyone while she is filming the biggest film in her ...more
~♡~ Unsolved Mystery ~♡~
Sep 05, 2012 ~♡~ Unsolved Mystery ~♡~ rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Romance lovers
Recommended to ~♡~ Unsolved Mystery ~♡~ by: Given to me for an honest review

- My Description -
Dr. Jacob Wolff is in trouble.
Trouble means being hired by the super famous actress Ariel Dane.

Ariel & her mother take a trip overseas where Ariel becomes sick with Malaria.
She then enlists the good doctor's help in watching over her while filming a movie.
But (there's always a but, right?) she also wants the good doctor to pretend to be her boyfriend, for appearances sake only.

She doesn't want the cast and crew to know she's sick so Hello Dr. Wolff.

- My Review -
This b
Kelli
May 22, 2013 Kelli rated it it was ok
I'm a huge fan of the Alpha hero and I found that Jacob was just too much of a beta for me. (I generally tend to think that most doctor heroes are, so this is possibly just my own personal hang up.) There was a lot of story going on in this book and simultaneously not enough at the same time. I sincerely wish this had been a full-length novel. I think, possibly, I could have connected with these characters more. There were a lot of really cool bits and pieces to this book, lots of elements I tru ...more
Cristina
Feb 15, 2014 Cristina rated it liked it
Per la serie trama che vince non si cambia ecco la terza variazione sul tema: giovine virgulta entra dalla porta, ricco miliardario viene abbrancato da vampate di lussuria. Da uomo onorevole qual è aspetta almeno tre capitoli prima di strapparle coi denti i vestiti di dosso, e altri 20 circa prima di sposarla e renderla felice tutta la vita.

Tre stelline lo stesso perchè almeno i due protagonisti mi stanno simpatici.

:-).
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Men of Wolff Mountain
Category: Passion
RT's Top Pick! "Maynard's return to the Wolfe family opens another window into the heart of what it means to be family, and she once again nails it perfectly" RT Book Review, rated 4 1/2 stars
Marcy
Nov 05, 2012 Marcy rated it it was amazing
So far, this is my favorite of the author's 'The Men of Wolff Mountain' series. The relationship between stoic loner, Dr. Jacob Wolff and the sassy, independant actress Ariel Dane was just heart wrenching. I didn't want the story to end.
Cary
Jul 15, 2015 Cary rated it it was ok
I guess in some weird way I like this family of disfunctional men. I must cause I keep reading. Lots of premarital sex.
Carolynn Carey
Apr 21, 2013 Carolynn Carey rated it it was amazing
This was the first book by Janice Maynard I've read but it won't be the last. She writes extremely well, her characters are engaging, and the plot is gripping. I recommend her highly.
karen
Apr 29, 2016 karen rated it really liked it
Great love story. Even with tragedy in Jacob's life, ariel snd Jacob were both pure hearts and belonged together
Laurent
Laurent rated it it was ok
May 01, 2014
KC
KC rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2015
Beckie
Oct 13, 2012 Beckie rated it did not like it
Received to review from Tell Harlequin, just not my cup of tea. I skimmed through it.
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2012
Andrea Mihelich
Andrea Mihelich rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2014
Krista Chambless
Krista Chambless rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2014
Errin
Errin rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2013
Ashley E
Ashley E rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • A Very Private Merger (Dynasties: The Kincaids. #6)
  • A Tangled Affair (The Pearl House #2)
  • His Marriage to Remember (The Good, the Bad and the Texan, #1)
  • On the Verge of I Do (Dynasties: The Kincaids #4)
  • A Man of Privilege (Lawyers in Love, #2)
  • The Sheikh's Redemption (Desert Nights #1)
  • Honorable Intentions (The Landis Brothers #5 Billionaires and Babies #26; Wingmen Warriors #15; Landis/Renshaw)
  • Princess in the Making (Billionaires and Babies, #30)
  • Bought: His Temporary Fiancée (The Takeover, #4)
  • To Kiss a King (Kings of California, #12)
  • One Dance with the Sheikh (Dynasties: The Kincaids #5)
  • What Lies Beneath
  • Behind Boardroom Doors (Dynasties: The Kincaids #3)
  • The Paternity Promise  (Dalton Twins, #2; Billionaires and Babies, #28)
  • What Happens in Charleston... (Dynasties: The Kincaids #2)
  • An Innocent in Paradise
Janice Maynard came to the writing life early! When her third grade short story, “The Princess and the Robbers”, won a red ribbon in a school arts fair, Janice was hooked. She followed up that early success with a more commercial piece in the sixth grade… “Why My Mom Loves To Drink Coke”. No advance for that one, but she won a six-pack of Coke… remember those great little bottles?

In junior high Ja
More about Janice Maynard...

Men Of Wolff Mountain (7 books)
  • Into His Private Domain (Men Of Wolff Mountain #1)
  • A Touch of Persuasion (Men Of Wolff Mountain #2)
  • The Maid's Daughter (Men Of Wolff Mountain #4)
  • All Grown Up (Men Of Wolff Mountain #5)
  • Taming the Lone Wolff (Men Of Wolff Mountain #6)
  • A Wolff at Heart (Men Of Wolff Mountain #7)