Start by marking “A Tangled Affair (The Pearl House #2)” as Want to Read:
A Tangled Affair (The Pearl House #2)

A Tangled Affair (The Pearl House #2)

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  101 ratings  ·  24 reviews
They'd been embroiled in a hot, secret affair. Until Lucas Atraeus's and Carla Ambrosi's feuding families were merged by marriage and business. Suddenly the situation was …complicated. Burned by the past, Lucas has never let his heart rule his head. Now, with Carla closer than he had ever imagined she would be, their affair must end.

Saying goodbye to such intense passion i
Published June 5th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Tangled Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Tangled Affair

Saly
There were times I seriously wanted to harm the hero for the treatment of the heroine but the reason I am giving this book 4 stars is because it pulled me in, the way it was written, full of angst and drama.

The h/H met two years ago when their siblings were engaged and one night the anal type-A heroine gave up her virginity to the hero and became embroiled in a two year secret affair. Secret because the broken engagement between their siblings had hurt the heroine's sister and she did not want t
Tia
The hero and heroine were lovers and when the relationship was becoming much more intimate than the hero intended, he decided to break it off. So he involved another woman and hurt her immensely. Then he found out she might be pregnant, so he asked her to marry him. Only to find out he was going to ask the other woman to marry him. When the heroine finds out she's not pregnant, she leaves him. Only for out hero to discover he does in face love our heroine.

The hero was such a dick! I'm serious, h
Kate
Overall rating -- 2.5 stars

I wanted to like this book, but I could only take so many conversations that include the following phrases, statements or questions: (view spoiler)
Susan
This was a good book, mostly. I liked Carla. She had been with Lucas, even though it was secretly, for two years. She knew she was in love with him, and even though he had been rather reserved lately, she thought he loved her too. Then he suddenly broke things off and was seen with another woman. Lucas felt things were getting too serious with Carla, who reminded him of a bad experience with a woman several years earlier. He felt fine with an affair, but when he started getting too emotionally i ...more
Patrice
Sep 27, 2012 Patrice rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: romance kovers
This is a Harlequin Desire book the second in The Pearl House series by Fiona Brand. I found this to be a quick read. You dive right in and it keeps you going. I love books that grab you and hold your attention throughout the story.
This was the story of Carla Ambrosi and Lucas Atraeus. When they first meet it is during a time when their families are feuding and it wouldn’t benefit anyone to know that the two of them were carrying on an affair. So for personal reasons for both of them, they kep
Booklover
This was a good story,adored Carla,she stood up for what she believed but when it came to Lucas she was weak,Lucas a jerk almost till the end otherwise the book had me gripped from start till the end,Lucas's actions has made me doubt his love for Carla and also there was no grovelling which disappointed me.

Lu Bielefeld *Hates.Cliffhanger.Endings!*
Jerk, selfish, manipulative, SOB...
Linda
Two years ago, Lucas Atraeus had a mad secret affair with Carla Ambrosi. Their families were riyals in the business world until Ambrosi Pearls hit financial troubles and his brother's engagement to her sister fell apart. Lucas had vowed after his marriage to a spoiled party girl when she died in a car accident that he wouldn't ever trust his heart and he knew Carla said she didn't want committeemen but her eye's betrayed her...........

Carla Ambrosi missed Lucas since he had been in the states fo
Julie Barrett
A Tangled Affair by Fiona Brand
Couldn't really get into this book as I felt bombarded with a ton of names that didn't seem to pair up with who they were to pair up with, their spouses. Although a bunch of places are mentioned there is no real detail to them, as to take me away from where I'm physically at right now. I didn't feel any part of this book. I did read she had to break up the couple because she just might be pregnant but he was going to marry the other woman anyways.
That just doesn't
Goobledybook
Second book in the Pearl House miniseries. It was better than the first book, 'Breathless Bride', which I felt was a 3-star book. The characters were more fleshed out, and in a 150pg book, all the content matters. Although Lucas was infuriating at times, the writing was compelling enough that I never disliked him...surprisingly. I really liked Carla. She is hard working, loyal and doesn't take Lucas's shit--what's not to like?

Hope the next book is about Zane, the third brother, even though the b
Kristin Anders
This book was reviewed by me for The Season for Romance. Once the review is posted I will post the text here.

Unless it takes too long, then I will post the text and hope they get around to posting the review on their site.

Disclaimer: No compensation was received for this review. eARC courtesy of The Season for Romance.

Kathy B. (Tx)
I was sent this book by Harlequin to read and review. I was a bit lost at the beginning because it was the middle book of a 3 book miniseries, but after all was read and done, I did enjoy the story. I'm a fairly new regular reader of the Desire line, but I can already tell these books are for me. I enjoy reading about people that are wwwaaayyy richer than I am, and all the family dramas that go with that wealth.
Adriana
I disliked both of the main characters from the start and the over-the-top drama that permeates the entire storyline was worse than a sacharine overdose.
I found this book had no redeeming qualities. Everything from how the heroine could never commit to one thought to how the so-called hero acted like a caveman towards his supposed love was enough to make this a book that I regret the 30 minutes I spent reading it.
Cami
This Harlequin Desire book was an easy, fast, and uncomplicated read. Lucas Atraeus was a bit too pushy and overbearing for me and Carla Ambrosi seemed to forgive too easily. I prefer female characters to have a bit more backbone. It wasn't too terribly exciting, but it did have some poignant moments near the end. As expected, everyone lived happily-ever-after.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Pearl House
Category: Passion
"Brand fires up the burners with spitfire Carla and possessive Lucas, layers on miscommunication and pride and then lets the results build to a fiery conclusion guaranteed to make readers gasp." RT Book Review, rated 4 1/2 stars
Foggygirl
A decent story, but a little too heavy on the macho alpha male lead character and I now remember why I stopped reading the Harlequin Desire books. Most of them are less than 200 pages so I found them to be too quick a read.
Mem
HD2166 Jun12 read #3 first so I'm reading these backwards. Lucas fights his feelings for Carla because a a previous girlfriend.s selfish actions lead to her own death. Lucas is determined to stay away from love.
Allison
I didn't like how it started off with Lucas breaking up with Carla. I immediately didn't like the characters and it prevented from engaging with them and having any desire to finish the book.
Khristine Doiron
I really enjoyed this book until the end, then I found it got too back and forth. The main character kept changing her mind and by the end of it I didn't care what she decided.
Donna
Fiery and passionate hero and heroine. Well rounded and motivatede characters. Fast paced and deeply emotional at the same time. Great read.
Don't Stop Reading
Worst hero ever. Possessive, controlling, soooo unappealing. The heroine was immature. I read this for free for a survey site.
Ladyacct
Thought the hero was quite the idiot but an okay read.
Mysterious
I wanted Carla to have more spine.
Ethar
I really liked the book .
Theresa Day
Theresa Day marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
T. Martin
T. Martin marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Eileen
Eileen marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Fiona Brand has always wanted to write.

After working eight years for the New Zealand Forest Service as a clerk, she decided she could spend at least that much time trying to get a novel published.

Luckily it took five years, not eight, before Fiona wrote her first award-winning novel.

She has won the Australian Romantic Book of the Year award (category section) twice, one of her novels was listed
More about Fiona Brand...
Cullen's Bride (March Madness) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #914) Blade's Lady (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1023) Body Work Marrying McCabe (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1099) Gabriel West: Still The One (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1219)