The Rebel Rancher

The Rebel Rancher (Cadence Creek Cowboys #2)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Unlocking the rebel's heartWith his break-your-heart smile, rodeo star and rebel Ty Diamond has a reputation that should have Clara Ferguson running scared-not straight into his arms!

Ty knows he needs to take it easy with Clara-her past has left her with a bruised heart and she's determined never to rely on a man again. But Ty isn't all he seems-and his gentle side shakes...more
Published June 5th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Rebel Rancher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rebel Rancher

RLA

First of all, a huge thank you to Donna Alward for sending me a copy of this book.

I don't read a lot of the Harlequin Romance line (I'm more of an angst-loving Presents reader!), but I do like the line and I know that Donna Alward writes some of the best. She also writes brilliant cowboy stories, you should all know by know how I can't resist a cowboy, and this one is no exception.

A Rebel Rancher is sweet to it's very core. Full of heart wrenching reality, as well as heart warming hope, all wrap...more
Sandy M
This is my first Donna Alward book, and I find the heartwarming story here quite charming. Her characters burrow under your skin quickly, and you find yourself sinking deeper into the sofa to live and love with them.

Ty has come home, at the behest of his brother, after their father’s stroke. Having never really gotten along with his dad, he’s determined to make inroads with him this time, especially when it comes to the ranch and the ideas he has in mind to move into the future. But for all the...more
Susan
Very good book. I really liked Clara when I first saw her in the previous book (The Last Real Cowboy). She had been through so much, but still had the courage to move on and fight for a new life. In this book, I could see how far she had come - she has a job that she likes and is getting better about not hiding in the shadows. When she meets Ty, she has heard all about his reputation. But she sees something in him that reminds her of herself, and finds herself in the unusual position of trusting...more
Tara
What a great read!

Tyson (Ty) comes home to Diamond Back Ranch and meets Clara, his father's nurse. She's straightforward yet thunderstruck by her attraction to Ty.

He's the playboy rebel come home to see if he can make amends with Virgil his father and his brother Sam.

Little clues such as Ty leaning over the sink to finish off a home made sweet and opening the doors for women around him make us realize, as the reader, that he may have had several "Buckle Chasers" in his past but he's still a gent...more
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Jen
Book provided by the author for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

The Rebel Rancher is your typical Harlequin book. Because it’s under 200 pages, it’s pretty simplistic in plot. I mean, there’s not much diverting from the basic romance. Don’t get me wrong, I know what to expect when reading these stories – a fast read, with a solid story line. And with Donna Alward’s newest release, we get just that. Nothing more and nothing less.

In The Rebel Rancher, the reader...more
Carrie Felton
Predictable and not.

Predictable and not.

This story was not just the same as Angela's and Sam's story, which I was kinda worried it would be so that was nice. but, while there were some slight twists, overall or was pretty easy to predict what was coming.
E. R.
Moving story, with the heroine's abusive past heart-wrenching yet bittersweet at the same time. I'm glad that the heroine found happiness with the hero, and the hero found himself in this book. Nice story.
Cici
Fun second book in the series. Very sweet story. The Butterfly House is current and relevant?
Anna
Canadian cowboys... Not what I expected...
PWRL
Feb 15, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
A
Allie
Allie added it
Sep 02, 2014
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Katie Kelly
Katie Kelly marked it as to-read
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Lena
Lena marked it as to-read
Krystal
Krystal marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Nicole
Nicole added it
May 30, 2014
Mariana Bezerra
Mariana Bezerra marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Rakisha
Rakisha marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
A busy wife and mother of three (2 daughters and the family dog), Donna Alward believes hers is the best job in the world: a combination of stay-at-home mom and romance novelist.

An avid reader since childhood, Donna always made up her own stories. She completed her Arts Degree in English Literature in 1994, but it wasn't until 2001 that she penned her first full-length novel, and found herself ho...more
More about Donna Alward...
Hired by the Cowboy (Windover Ranch #1) Sold to the Highest Bidder Rodeo Rebel (Texas Rodeo Barons, #0.5) Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle The House on Blackberry Hill (Jewell Cove, #1)