Start by marking “The Rebel Rancher (Cadence Creek Cowboys #2)” as Want to Read:
The Rebel Rancher (Cadence Creek Cowboys #2)

The Rebel Rancher (Cadence Creek Cowboys #2)

Unlocking the rebel's heart With his break-your-heart smile, rodeo star and rebel Ty Diamond has a reputation that should have Clara Ferguson running scared-not straight into his arms!

Ty knows he needs to take it easy with Clara-her past has left her with a bruised heart and she's determined never to rely on a man again. But Ty isn't all he seems-and his gentle side shake
Published June 5th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Rebel Rancher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rebel Rancher

RLA
May 22, 2012 RLA rated it really liked it

First of all, a huge thank you to Donna Alward for sending me a copy of this book.

I don't read a lot of the Harlequin Romance line (I'm more of an angst-loving Presents reader!), but I do like the line and I know that Donna Alward writes some of the best. She also writes brilliant cowboy stories, you should all know by know how I can't resist a cowboy, and this one is no exception.

A Rebel Rancher is sweet to it's very core. Full of heart wrenching reality, as well as heart warming hope, all wrap
Sandy M
Jun 10, 2012 Sandy M rated it really liked it
This is my first Donna Alward book, and I find the heartwarming story here quite charming. Her characters burrow under your skin quickly, and you find yourself sinking deeper into the sofa to live and love with them.

Ty has come home, at the behest of his brother, after their father’s stroke. Having never really gotten along with his dad, he’s determined to make inroads with him this time, especially when it comes to the ranch and the ideas he has in mind to move into the future. But for all the
Susan
May 11, 2012 Susan rated it it was amazing
Very good book. I really liked Clara when I first saw her in the previous book (The Last Real Cowboy). She had been through so much, but still had the courage to move on and fight for a new life. In this book, I could see how far she had come - she has a job that she likes and is getting better about not hiding in the shadows. When she meets Ty, she has heard all about his reputation. But she sees something in him that reminds her of herself, and finds herself in the unusual position of trusting ...more
Tara
Aug 04, 2012 Tara rated it it was amazing
What a great read!

Tyson (Ty) comes home to Diamond Back Ranch and meets Clara, his father's nurse. She's straightforward yet thunderstruck by her attraction to Ty.

He's the playboy rebel come home to see if he can make amends with Virgil his father and his brother Sam.

Little clues such as Ty leaning over the sink to finish off a home made sweet and opening the doors for women around him make us realize, as the reader, that he may have had several "Buckle Chasers" in his past but he's still a gent
Chris Coulson
Dec 16, 2016 Chris Coulson rated it really liked it
An enjoyable sweet romance
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Jen
Book provided by the author for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

The Rebel Rancher is your typical Harlequin book. Because it’s under 200 pages, it’s pretty simplistic in plot. I mean, there’s not much diverting from the basic romance. Don’t get me wrong, I know what to expect when reading these stories – a fast read, with a solid story line. And with Donna Alward’s newest release, we get just that. Nothing more and nothing less.

In The Rebel Rancher, the reader
Christine
Mar 29, 2015 Christine rated it it was ok
I'm having trouble with this series. I've read a few really good books by Donna Alward like The House on Blackberry Hill. This book feels like it was written by a different author. I started to read the next book in the series and already a chapter in I want to quit.
Donna
Apr 16, 2015 Donna rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, canadian, 2015
I was looking forward to this book but found it less engaging than the previous one in the series. I liked Clara but never really connected with Tyson although he was a fairly complex character. I also never felt the connection between the two main characters. Even with these issues though, it was still a pretty good read.
E. R.
Moving story, with the heroine's abusive past heart-wrenching yet bittersweet at the same time. I'm glad that the heroine found happiness with the hero, and the hero found himself in this book. Nice story.
Carrie Felton
Jul 24, 2014 Carrie Felton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Predictable and not.

Predictable and not.

This story was not just the same as Angela's and Sam's story, which I was kinda worried it would be so that was nice. but, while there were some slight twists, overall or was pretty easy to predict what was coming.
Cici
Aug 27, 2013 Cici rated it really liked it
Fun second book in the series. Very sweet story. The Butterfly House is current and relevant?
Kobie
Sep 20, 2014 Kobie rated it really liked it
love that this is set in Canada. a nice change from Texas.
PWRL
Feb 15, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
A
Carole
Carole rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2013
Christina Spindler
Christina Spindler rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2017
Starre Wynd
Starre Wynd rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2013
Constance S. Gilbert
Constance S. Gilbert rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2014
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2016
mary elam
mary elam rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2013
Ann-Louice
Ann-Louice rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2014
Laura rated it did not like it
Oct 24, 2013
Briona Grafe
Briona Grafe rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2014
Rina
Rina rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2012
Lynne
Lynne rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2012
Krissi
Krissi rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2016
Carla Hansen
Carla Hansen rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Last Woman He'd Ever Date
  • Divine Secrets of the Ta-Ta Sisterhood: Pledging the Pink Sorority
  • Platinum Promises
  • Skirt-a-Day Sewing: Create 28 Skirts for a Unique Look Every Day
  • Timber Creek (Sierra Falls, #2)
  • Waking Up to You: Waking Up to You / Overexposed
  • Eternal Vows
  • Highs in the Low Fifties: How I Stumbled through the Joys of Single Living
  • The Rake's Redemption (The Everard Legacy, #3)
  • Modern Dating: A Field Guide
  • Death and Mr. Right
  • Too Dangerous to Desire (Lords of Midnight, #3)
  • Bachelor Unclaimed
  • Iris Has Free Time
  • Honey Pie (Cupcake Club, #4)
  • Beauty's Beast (The Tracker, #4)
  • As You Wish
  • Montana, Mistletoe, Marriage
While bestselling author Donna Alward was busy studying Austen, Eliot and Shakespeare, she was also losing herself in the breathtaking stories created by romance novelists like LaVyrle Spencer, Judith McNaught, and Nora Roberts. Several years after completing her degree she decided to write a romance of her own and it was true love! Five years and ten manuscripts later she sold her first book and ...more
More about Donna Alward...

Cadence Creek Cowboys (5 books)
  • Little Cowgirl on His Doorstep
  • A Cowboy to Come Home To (Cadence Creek Cowboys #4)
  • A Cadence Creek Christmas (Cadence Creek Cowboys #5)
  • Her Rancher Rescuer