Start by marking “The Deputy's Duty (Fitzgerald Bay, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Deputy's Duty (Fitzgerald Bay, #6)

The Deputy's Duty (Fitzgerald Bay #6)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Fitzgerald Family Secret

As the eldest of six siblings and deputy chief of the Fitzgerald Bay police department, Ryan Fitzgerald is a protector. Of his family. Of his community. But staying in control means keeping his distance...until Meghan Henry comes to town. Seeking justice for her murdered cousin, and safety for an orphaned-and missing-child, the daring journalist is...more
Published June 5th 2012 by Love Inspired (first published June 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Deputy's Duty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Deputy's Duty

Tamera Westhoff
I liked that all of the loose ends were tied up in the main murders, but wanted a longer epilogue. I thought it was a very sweet romance. It felt very real considering all that was going on. Everyone involved had very real emotions that they took their time to deal with, it wasn't just epiphany and easy life. I felt like there was a real closure, but would love another book of just weddings and a summary of everyone's next year.
Judy
The Deputy's Duty by Terri Reed
Fitzgerald Bay Series Book 6
Deputy Chief Ryan Fitzgerald is the oldest of the clan. The protector who watches over his family and doesn't have time for a relationship, especially with the pesky reporter who's been in town for six months trying to help solve her cousins murder. That's his job. When Ryan finds he's best off taking Meghan Henry with him instead of having her follow him...he finds another person he wants to protect.

Meghan’s last relation had been taken...more
Lisa
The final installment of the Fitzgerald Bay series (and the one in which Olivia Henry's murderer is finally revealed) concerns oldest brother Ryan and freelance journalist Megan Henry, who happens to be Olivia's cousin.

We first meet Meghan early in the series....she is determined to find her cousin's murderer, as Olivia was the only family she had left. The recipient of the note written to Olivia's "sweetheart" is revealed, as well as indiscretions from family patriarch Aiden Fitzgerald - which...more
Jena
Suspense, but no sex, but you WANT the characters to be together so badly and have their HEA... (and the heroine mentions "six little Fitzgeralds" at the end - so we know they're going have a very. abundant. family. wink wink ;)) The 4th Inspy I've ever read, but the first contemporary/suspense one, and I didn't know this was the "final book" in the Fitzgerald Bay series. So when the MAIN mystery was finally solved, I was like, "Oh, snap." (It's definitely an extreme plot, but it's a "Love Inspi...more
Vivian
Light weight reading. Had a hard time following the Fitzgerald family characters-maybe because I have not read the other books in the series. Did not like Aiden and then he comes out looking like a good guy with little consequences for his actions(or non-actions. The ending was a little to quick in a nice tidy wrap up.
Darlene Torday
This is one in a series written by different authors. A good ending to this story of the Fitzgerald clan's story of love and solving the murder from the first book. This is one of the better series I've read in the Love Inspired line of books.
Janis Kay
This was one of those Out-with-a-BANG! series finales that knocked it out of the ball park:] Yes, I really enjoyed it that much lol. This 'episode' involved the entire family and Ms. Reed did an OUTSTANDING job at balancing the plot (incl. the chemistry btwn Ryan and Meghan) and the subplot featuring the Fitzgerald family as they struggle with the family secret intro'd in the previous book.

All-in-all, this is awesomesauce and everyone should read it^_^
Gail
The final book in the Fitzgerald Bay series. Can't wait to see what happens to Ryan and Meghan. Hoping to find out more about about the Fitzgerald Secret and also who killed Olivia.Ryan and Meghan have a lot of adventures. The secret that Aiden Fitzgerald was keeping finally comes out. Olivia's killer is finally found. I really hate to see the series come to an end.
Janell
As the final book in the Fitzgerald Bay series, the underlying mystery was finally solved. Although fairly average, the plot was definitely a little too far-fetched for me. However, this line of suspense/romance books from Steeple Hill are very simple, Christian and clean which is a plus. Probably 2 1/2 stars.
Judine
I found this final Fitzgerald Bay book to wrap up the series nicely, although the time frame in which all six of the siblings find their lifemates (under a year) felt a bit forced. That said, I love that Ryan and Meghan were antagonists and then formed a realationship when they are forced to work together.
Bj Hoover
This is a Love-inspired Suspense from Harliquin, the 6th in the Fitzgerald Bay series. This one by Terri Reed is well-done and a very satisfying inspirational Romance. If you are looking for entertaining inspirationl books, by all means get some by Terri Reed.
Cathy Beckett
Final installment to Fitzgerald Bay series. It makes for a good read and a great ending. The authors of the series should consider do a series with the next generation. I want to know how the kids get by.

Nina
This is the last in the series Fitzgerald Bay, and I loved it. Just wish they would keep the series going, it’s really good, lots of action, with great characters. Loved the ending.
Jill
# 6 and last in the Fitzgerald Bay series. Love Inspired Suspense

Ryan Fitzgerald and Meghan Henry
Mbmcolon
Great ending to the series. I wish there were more Fitzgerald Bay stories.
Harlequin Books
Rettah
Rettah added it
Sep 28, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Tammy Wooding
Tammy Wooding marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Christine Mitchell mann
Christine Mitchell mann marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Genevieve Lewis
Genevieve Lewis marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Bunny
Bunny marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Leisa Wilkins
Leisa Wilkins marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
At an early age Terri Reed discovered the wonderful world of fiction and declared she would one day write a book. Now she is fulfilling that dream and enjoys writing for Harlequin's Love Inspired lines. She is an active member of both Romance Writers of America and American Christian Fiction Writers. She resides in the Pacific Northwest with her college-sweetheart husband, two wonderful children,...more
More about Terri Reed...
Scent of Danger (Texas K-9 Unit #5) Daughter of Texas (Texas Ranger Justice, #1) Treasure Creek Dad (Alaskan Bride Rush,  #2) Her Last Chance (Without a Trace, #6) The Secret Heiress (Protection Specialists, #2)