Start by marking “Whatever It Takes (Bold As Love, #3)” as Want to Read:
Whatever It Takes (Bold As Love, #3)

Whatever It Takes (Bold As Love #3)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  733 ratings  ·  40 reviews
Their first year of college isn't what they expected. Emily is still struggling with the loss of her baby, while Jake seems to have no trouble with it at all. Emily is so conflicted about how to deal with the miscarriage. On top of that, she's having nightmares. Can Jake help his Sweetness? Will she allow him? Their relationship is suffering and Jake is determined to do wh ...more
Published June 10th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Whatever It Takes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whatever It Takes

Nikki  Peterson
Catching up with Jake and Emily four months down the road. We find them in college, working, and practice twice a day for Jake. They usually end up home exhausted by the end of the night. Still in love, but having to deal with the after affects from what happened after graduation. This is where I get cryptic. So if you haven't read the first two I'm not giving you any clue as to what has happened. Let's see if I can do this and still make sense, LOL. (No smart comments for the peanut gallery eit ...more
Thank you, Lindsay Paige, for giving me this book in exchange for an honest review.
This is the third book in the Bold As Love series. It was just an good as the two before it. Emily and Jake face new challenges in this one. They are both still mourning from their loss in I'm Yours. They learn that even though they are madly in love still, they have been taking each other for granted. Challenges come that bring them trials, and one big challenge, that helps them fall in love deeper all over again
P.A. Warren
Loved this book.You must read books 1 and 2 to follow book 3..or else you will be missing a major chunk of the story.The story takes up a few months after Jake and Emily start College.I could not put the book down.Its a great series of books that you really do not want to miss reading.Give the series a chance and you will definitely be sucked into Jake and Emily's life.
Michael Burhans
The third installment of Lindsay Paige's Bold As Love series continues the story of Jake and Emily. Sure they love each other, but is love enough to keep you together through all the ups and downs of life? What poses more of a threat the grind of learning to live busy lives together, or the unexpected crisis from outside that always strike you?

This book is a little more polished, a little more confident than I have seen before from Ms. Paige. I think she is also settling into what is going to

"To me, love is putting another person before yourself. Love is being completely mesmerized by a trait that is common in most people, but appears extraordinary coming from the one you love. Love means doing what's best for the other person, no matter what it means for you. Love is always there. Time can only strengthen love. I view love as a co-dependency. You can only love someone else if they allow you to and it
Liz Terek
Jake & Emily are young & in love. Going to college, working & hanging out with friends, they’re more or less an All American type couple. Emily, unlike most girls her age, is dealing with some pretty deep pain, though. Having miscarried four months earlier, she’s not finished grieving. Clouded by thoughts of her unborn, she’s become emotionally unpredictable.
While Jake is very busy as a student & aspiring NHL all-star, he is grieving in his own way. Vowing to be there for Emily
I couldn’t wait to get started on the third installment in the Bold as Love series.

This book has a few more challenges for Jake and Emily to tackle and there are times when you are not sure this relationship withstand it.

I will say Lindsay Paige did not disappoint me and I was thrilled with Whatever It Takes. Lindsay’s writing is great and I will say for a young woman herself she is doing a fantastic job and she should be so proud of herself.

I cannot say too much about this story as it hasn’t b
Krista Crider
I absolutely love jake and Emily's story, though this book goes by too quickly... Not in length but it switches topics quickly. There is no detail in how the "big" things happen.. I just feel like the author tried to put too many things into one book. But enough of the negative, after experiencing a traumatic loss jake and Emily go off to college to start their new lives together.,, only who knew it would be this hard? Emily and jake start drifting apart slowly, but rekindle quickly... I really ...more
Whatever It Takes is about an average couple, Jake and Emily. They’re busy with their jobs and schooling, and Jake is an aspiring NHL star. They both deal with the struggle of finding time to spend together, like any other couple nowadays. Having miscarried a baby four months earlier, they’re also still grieving the loss in their own ways. Jake doesn’t think about it as much as Emily does and she doesn’t understand how and why he’s like that, and she hides her grief from him. She has a good guy ...more
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I was so excited to get more Jake and Emily. Like I mentioned before, they are just really compelling characters that are easy to like and care about.

I love Jake's goodness and his love for Emily.

After book two, they faced some pretty tough challenges in their life and relationship and I couldn't wait to start this book to see what Paige had in store for them next.

I am happy to say that I wasn't disappointed at all.

While things were not easy for them in this installment either and they faced so
Julie(Reading By The Beach)
As seen on ->

Another installment with exceptional sweetness when it comes to romance. There was slightly more tension when there were issues that the characters needed to work through and that added more to the story. I felt that the characters were actually struggling instead of going through a preface of struggling without actually walking through it.

I do, however, feel that the characters are put through too many different emotional twists. For me,
I think this was by far the best book so far in the series.

Jake's and Emily's relationship is addicting, I couldn't put it down.

Jake is a sweetheart. He's so lovely. Nice guy ever-Perfect boyfriend.
He loves so much to Emily that he would do anything for her.

“Sweetness, I love you. So much. I wish I could take all of this pain away from you. I'll do
whatever it takes. Please, don’t push me away. I don’t know if I can handle that. You are my everything.
We lost the baby. I can’t lose you too.”
My hea
Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)
Did I enjoy this book: It was pretty good. I read it just about every free chance I had. It was another quick read that held my interest for the most part.

Again, as with I'm Yours, there were quite a few sex scenes that were rather explicit for a young adult crowd. The struggles between Emily and Jake were pretty real and difficult for first year college kids. Emily's continuing struggle and emotional breakdowns over her miscarriage dominated most of this book. At times, it was hard to like and
Rachael Woohoo
If you want to see more of my reviews, check out my blog @ Moosubi Reviews!

Note: I decided to do a series review for the first three books in the Bold As Love series, which includes Sweetness, I’m Yours, and Whatever It Takes. This review goes over what I liked / didn’t like in each book, as well as the series as a whole.

Series Overall Rating: 2.5 / 5

Disclaimer: The fact that I received free copies of this series in exchange for an honest review has not affected my rating. This review expresses
May 03, 2012 Fred rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Sweetness
Note: Although this review does not contain spoilers with respect to "Whatever It Takes," it does assume familiarity with the events of "Sweetness," and "I'm Yours." You should read those before you read "Whatever It Takes," and this review :-)

Have you heard that awesome new(ish) song, “Springsteen,” by Eric Church? It’s a bittersweet nostalgic reminiscence of a teenage romance that started at a Springsteen concert. It recalls the relationship’s arc in lyrics, song titles and echoes of melodies
Kristin (Kritters Ramblings)
Book 3 in a series that started with two teenagers in high school who were falling in love. The reader was taken into the sweet and tender beginnings of their romance. The second book took you through some turbulent times as they try to settle into a relationship. Now in Book 3 Jake and Emily are headed off to college and working through the speedbumps of life.

I adored finding out what was going to be next for this couple - I became a fan of theirs and wanted to know how they would handle being
Alright so, were do I start...

This is the third book of the series, and I really liked it, I thought that they weren't going to end up together. But Thank God they did, because I couldn't have stand if they were turn apart.
Jake and Emily are like this super young pair, but with the super strong and powerful love, I love the way Jake is always trying and don't give up. Emily has taken the worst parts in every story, don't ask me why, but she is always dealing with something. But that makes ever
review on

This review is going to be a bit short. I liked the book but there was some parts that were really rushed through. I really felt so bad for Jake and Emily in the beginning. They both were dealing with a lot of stress. First the baby, then college, and the stress of working their relationship becomes very fragile.

Well, here comes the difficult part, there was a twist in the book that I did not like. It is just my opinion! I felt that Jake and Emily were de
Jun 23, 2012 Amy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: romance
I was really excited to read this book as the 3rd installment for the Bold as Love series. While it's a cute book, I did not enjoy it as much as the other 2 books so far. I found the sex to a bit much for a YA book, like another reviewer stated. It just seemed a bit more explicit than needed for the level of the book. Another thing I was a bit thrown off by was the pacing. In some parts it seemed to go very slowly, but then the twist towards the end that changes everything? It seemed to happen V ...more
Whatever It Takes carries on from where book 2 I’m Yours. Emily lost the baby and I truly feel for her locking all her emotions up. It is hard for her but it’s also hard for poor Jake. He has to be strong for the both of them and she starts wondering if he is even bothered that they lost their baby.
This book was great with the sensitive issue of miscarriage and how a young couple copes with their grief.
I really like both Emily and Jake and was cursing when Kyle kissed Emily, cursing at him for d
Andrea Doss
wonderful continuation of the story
I'm hoping that the 4th book continues on about Jake and Emily becasuse I was left saying to my self "annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd!" so i'm really hoping that we get to see what happens. I feel like the story for them has not finished. Overall i like the series and its a good read but the plot leaves you with mixed emotions. There was too much happening in this book between her depression and the car accident that left her with 'loss of memory'. I stress again though I still liked the books :-)
With these being short books I understand the need to have more then 1, however I assume after this ending the will be another one and I just don't know why so much has to keep going me, the story has a hit a lull and I found it hard to continue to read even with the new characters introduced. Also the thoughts in Emily & Jake's heads were very formally spoken which for some reason bothered me.
"Whatever It Takes" is the third book in the 'Bold As Love' series. Filled with emotions, this romance/love story and the characters will keep you turning the pages within a fast paced plot. A nice quick read, but be sure to read the first two books to catch up.

This review is based on a complimentary copy which was provided for an honest review.
Jennifer Foung
Gah. A lack of commas is really getting to me, not to mention the monotnous first person narrative where one of the MC just talks at you. Sweetness is sort of a creepy/weird nickname too. This is another rare instance where I'm going to stop reading before the series is over. Two more books like this one? I don't think I can do it.
I loved the book. Emily and Jake have a lot more to deal with school, parties, working and sharing an apartment. They have new friends to interact with too. I don't want to give too much away but they have obstacles to deal with but they always find a way back to each other.

I won an advanced copy in a contest from the author
Well written story that covers post partum loss due to the miscarriage of a baby

While they are young an in their first year of college the loss isn't any easier.

Sad, realistic and touching on the strength young loves must have to pull together, communicate an stay together

Rhonda Bergamo
I love the characters and the struggles they go through to make their love stronger, wish there was a little more depth to certain paths of the story.

Overall good story and excited to see where the road of love leads Emily and Jake next.
Kristy & Kayla - My Person's Books
2.5-3 stars

Is there a release date for the 4th book?

I enjoyed all three books but at times situations seemed rushed. All three books were to short. I am looking forward to reading the 4th book
Q&A with Lindsay ...: Questions about Whatever It Takes 3 11 Feb 10, 2012 12:04PM
  • First Love (Now & Forever #1)
  • Emerge
  • Blinded (This, #6)
  • Wonderfully Dysfunctional - It Must be Genetic
  • A Song for Sophie
  • Fighting For You (Redemption Series, #1)
  • After Adam (A Teen Summer Romance)
  • Taking Charge
  • Saving Georgia
  • Guarded (Guarded Heart, #0.5)
  • The Paternity Test
  • Melting Away The Ice (The Ice Series #1)
  • Delayed Offsides (Crossing the Line, #2)
  • Come See About Me
  • Just For You (Escape to New Zealand, #0.5)
  • Shifting Pride
  • He Loves Me...He Loves You Not...
  • After Tuesday (These Days, #1)
Lindsay Paige is the author of multiple Young Adult, New Adult, and Sports romances. She also coauthors sports romances with Mary Smith. Along with writing, she loves reading, watching hockey, especially the Pittsburgh Penguins, and finding funny terrible puns and recipes on Pinterest. All the while, she is also focused on completing college.

Lindsay resides in North Carolina and is inspired by the
More about Lindsay Paige...

Bold As Love (5 books)
  • Sweetness (Bold As Love, #1)
  • I'm Yours (Bold As Love, #2)
  • Always (Bold as Love, #4)
  • Our Happily Ever After (Bold as Love)

“Love is putting another person before yourself. Love means doing what's best for the other person, no matter what it means for you. Love is always there. Time can only strengthen love. You can only love someone else if they allow you to and it applies to yourself. To be loved, you must place trust in another person.” 8 likes
“Love can either heal or destroy. Love is so powerful that it can sweep you up like a leaf in the wind. Up and down, twirling here and there. Hitting objects that stand in the way, making you stronger.
And sometimes a hand catches the fragile leaf and crushes it. Love is beautiful as well. That hand could
catch that leaf and hold it like a baby bird. Stroke it with care. Love is powerful. A lesson I will never ever forget.”