Waters Run Deep

Waters Run Deep (Bayou Bridge #1)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Getting attached to someone nearly sidelined agent Annie Perez's career. So she's not about to make the same mistake twice. This latest undercover assignment in Louisiana—acting as nanny for a famous couple under threat—suits her perfectly. She can investigate quietly and under the radar. That is, provided she can stay clear of way-too-suspicious detective Nate Dufrene.

Eas...more
Published May 1st 2012 by Harlequin

Susan
Good book. Annie is in Louisiana posing as a nanny to help protect a little boy. She is also investigating who is making the threats against the family. When the threats continue in Louisiana Nate gets involved. He's pretty sure she's hiding something but he's certain that she isn't involved in the threats. Neither one expects the intense attraction between them and Annie is especially wary. The more time they spend together the more each one starts to hope for a future together.

I liked both Ann...more
Lady Lioness
I had the pleasure of sitting next to Liz Talley at the RWA's Librarian's Day luncheon. She has a delightful Southern-type accent and thoroughly baffled my Yankee self with a story involving her dog and a fence. It took me longer than I'd care to admit before I figured out that the aforementioned fence probably wasn't a chain-link like I was used to, but something more unique to Southern climes. In any case, I used my phone to request this title at my local library before I even left the table....more
Patricia Solla
This romantic suspense story, set in the bayous of Louisiana, is quite interesting. The reader is introduced to an undercover bodyguard (former FBI agent) who is acting as the nanny for a young boy who is the son of two famous people involved in making a movie set in the bayou. The boy is the subject of some threats against his life and the nanny needs to find out who is the culprit. The house where everyone is staying is quite interesting. The male romantic lead is caught up in the family dynam...more
Niki
This is the story of a private detective who goes undercover for a wealthy "Hollywood" family that has had threats on their sons life. The detective takes the newly vacant role of nanny to help solve the threats. Of course there is a hot police detective who is also trying to help solve the crime also. As most romances quick, easy and predictable.
Cassandra
I won this book in a goodreads giveaway. What a great read on Mothers' day! I started it early in the day and finished by the afternoon. The characters were likable and the story line was plausible. There were many ups and downs and the sub-story was heart warming on Mothers' day.
Mallory Gaile
I was already a Liz Talley fan before I read this book so I wasn't at all surprised that I liked it. However it wasn't a mere like that kept my laundry unfolded and the floor unvacuumed, I couldn't put it down. This is my fave by her so far. Keep 'em coming Liz!!
Krystean
Different and I enjoyed that a lot. Lot's of spelling mistakes which were annoying because they didn't look wrong but just used the wrong tense of a word which somehow made the word fit until you finished the sentence and realized it made no sense.
Gjbates
Miniseries: The Boys of Bayou Bridge
Category: Heart & Home
Audio Sample
Emily
Love this book!! Love all the southern descriptions. Love the characters. Love the mystery. Love the romance. I can't wait to read the rest of these!!
Karen Wise
Another fabulous book by Liz. Loved it. I read from cover to cover in one night!( well ... night to early morning).
Jane
I made four WTF notations after the 60 percent mark. The story really fell apart at the end for me.
Keanna Lewis
A classic romance story that is intruiging, but yet suspenseful.
Joy
Not bad, but not as good as her Oak Stand books.
Misha Crews
Misha Crews is currently reading it
Jul 23, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Carol
Carol is currently reading it
Apr 12, 2014
Maureen Howard
Maureen Howard marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Mary Pitre
Mary Pitre marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Anna Esque
Anna Esque marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
My life has always been papered with novels. From traditional Harlequin romances to epic books like Lonesome Dove, my reading interests are vast. I can't imagine a life without coffee, hot tamale candy and a book in hand. I write romance, but I read every genre...except sci-fi. But I can be persuaded.
More about Liz Talley...
Vegas Two-Step A Taste of Texas A Little Texas The Way to Texas The Spirit of Christmas