Start by marking “Healing Dr. Alexander” as Want to Read:
Healing Dr. Alexander

Healing Dr. Alexander

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  66 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
This was not his professional plan. Dr. Jack Alexander—dedicated surgeon and humanitarian—never expected an accident would end his time in the O.R. Nor did he expect to have to abandon his aid work. Now, back in Atlanta, he's faced with rebuilding his career...…his life. And his hope for the future comes from the least likely source—the little family next door.

From the fir
Published May 1st 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Healing Dr. Alexander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Healing Dr. Alexander

Cheating to Survive by Christine ArdigoBeautifully Awake by Riley MackenzieWhen Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa JamesJust One Last Night… by Amy AndrewsPleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione
Doctor/Medical Romance Heroes
83rd out of 282 books — 214 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
Novels With People's Names in the Title
363rd out of 881 books — 132 voters

More lists with this book...

E_bookpushers
Good comfort read. Likable characters who had a lot of depth. The children acted like children which was great to see. I do wish the scene when they were informed that Dr. Alexander was staying for good had been included. I think that would have resulted in the need for a tissue and happy tears. The smexy times were seriously intense. More then I expected with a category. I need to go back and get the previous book.

This is what I needed during this tough week.
Amy Summers
May 23, 2012 Amy Summers rated it really liked it
Hot! Hot! Hot! I really enjoyed the story, and the depth of the characters.
Susan
Aug 13, 2012 Susan rated it it was amazing
Very good book. We first met Jack in In the Beginning, when he was instrumental in bringing Dr. Amanda Jones, to save her life. Now it is his turn to come home. While working as a surgeon in Somalia, Jack was shot, injuring his hand in such a way he can no longer do surgery. Now he is in Atlanta, working at Amanda's clinic, trying to figure out who he is and what to do with the rest of his life. All he can really see is what he can't do, which makes him feel less of a man. When he moves in next ...more
Kate Vale
Nov 19, 2013 Kate Vale rated it liked it
Sophie Connors, lawyer, has two young sons, who captivate Jack Alexander, a doctor who has yet to learn how to heal himself after being shot by Somali criminals.

Sophie decides to take him on as a new "project," only to fall in love with him, NOT what she intended. Falling in love is way too dangerous, not something she wants to endure again, along with the breaking of her heart. Once is enough.

But Jack has fallen for her, too. Like her, he fails to recognize it until he, too, can't help himself.
Gail
I read this one before but never marked it down. It's a good read. Hero is recovering from gunshot wounds acquired while working with a Doctors without Borders type organization in Somalia. A surgeon shot in the hand, he's trying to deal with the damage and the changes in his life. The widow with two young, extremely rambunctious boys who live next door do a lot to drag him out of his self-pity. Lots and lots of angst and a fair bit of drama. Good stuff.
Nancy Anderson
May 24, 2015 Nancy Anderson rated it it was ok
What happened 2 this series?!? WAY too explicit sex!
Won't be reading anymore if this is the standard.
Christy
Jun 11, 2014 Christy rated it really liked it
3.5. Well written super romance.
Anne
Jun 01, 2014 Anne rated it liked it
3.5
Wendy
Jun 25, 2012 Wendy rated it really liked it
HEALING DR. ALEXANDER was a good read. There where times when the scenes felt a little disjointed, they'd be in the foyer then the bed with no idea of how they got there. The ending left me wanting to know more. I'd like to know ho the boys felt but overall it was a good read. I read it quickly and will be looking for more of Ms. Wolff's work.If you like SuperRomance's line you will enjoy HEALING DR. ALEXANDER. The story is touching, emotional, steamy, and engaging. A wonderful edition to your l ...more
Dani Moore
May 28, 2012 Dani Moore rated it it was amazing
Dr. Jack Alexander never expected to be shot. His work in Africa was healing the sick and wounded.
Now he's back in the states, Atlanta, and his days as a surgeon are ended. He is bitter, frustrated and feels like his useful life is over.
Sophie Connors is a widow with two young very active sons. It seems her new next door neighbor is out to keep them busy. She isn't about to look a gift horse in the mouth!
See how this unlikely couple's relationship develops!
Mona
Aug 30, 2013 Mona rated it liked it
My Rating System
3 stars - Good book. I enjoyed it.
4 stars – Struck a chord, made me think or question
5 stars – Something about it haunted or stayed with me long after I finished it. Unforgettable.
**********************************

A Harlequin Super Romance filled with unrequited love, new love, and the damaged psyche of a doctor who can no longer perform surgery. Mildly entertaining.
Maria
Apr 25, 2013 Maria rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this story, it was a good surprise. I think that the author is very good in character and plot development. The attraction between hero and heroine and the sexual involvement were handled in a very smooth and plausible way, avoiding clichés that are usual in this kind of books. I'll be looking for other Tracy Wolff's books.
Yona
Dec 27, 2012 Yona rated it really liked it
It was one very good book, but it needed epilogue.
Danielle Wellman
Aug 04, 2013 Danielle Wellman rated it liked it
Wish the ending was a little more detailed.
Christine
Jul 29, 2012 Christine rated it liked it
The ending is far too abrupt
Alexa
Alexa added it
Jul 17, 2016
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Susanna
Susanna marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Ruth Lafler
Ruth Lafler rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Jasmine
Jasmine rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2016
Mick Loves Books
Mick Loves Books marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
José Groeneweg
José Groeneweg marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Noel
Noel marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Victoria pearce
Victoria pearce marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Shamona Hagan
Shamona Hagan marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Tiana
Tiana added it
May 14, 2016
Johanna
Johanna rated it liked it
May 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
2003596
Tracy Wolff collects books, English degrees and lipsticks and has been known to forget where—and sometimes who—she is when immersed in a great novel. At six she wrote her first short story—something with a rainbow and a prince—and at seven she forayed into the wonderful world of girls lit with her first Judy Blume novel. By ten she’d read everything in the young adult and classics sections of her ...more
More about Tracy Wolff...