Start by marking “Longing for Home (Mirror Lake, #4)” as Want to Read:
Longing for Home (Mirror Lake, #4)

Longing for Home (Mirror Lake #4)

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  175 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
It seems like the perfect solution: hotel mogul Alex Porter will manage his sister's small-town bed-and-breakfast while she honeymoons. But he gets more than he bargained for when he finds himself clashing with feisty café owner Kate Nichols. Suddenly he's organizing church outings and playing surrogate dad to the foster children Kate takes in. Alex is used to taking charg ...more
Published December 20th 2011 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about Longing for Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Longing for Home

Andrea
Aug 22, 2012 Andrea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Longing for Home is the fourth book in Kathryn Springer's Mirror Lake series. Alex and Kate clashed--I mean met--for the first time at the end of A Place to Call Home, the first book in the series. Right away, I thought they should get their own story.

I love when an author takes a character I can't stand, shows me what makes him tick, and makes me love him. Alex Porter is one such character. To this point in the series, he is the rich city boy who thinks he knows better than everyone about every
Brindi
**4.5**

this should have been 5 stars but the editing was horrendous!!!! I was thoroughly annoyed. however, this was by far my favorite story in the series. I just adored Alex and Kate, and I thought their interactions with each other were real and witty. I was rooting for them the entire time. And my favorite: the way God was shown in this novel. sometimes subtlety works on the heart the most. LOVED THIS COUPLE.
Karina
Jan 29, 2012 Karina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So far a very typical romance, which is starting to annoy me. The two characters are both gorgeous, they have a physical attraction, but seemingly incompatible values and they get on each other's nerves. They'll fall in love against their better judgement, which everyone around them sees, but they are currently denying. I suspect there's going to be at least one major confrontation between them after they have accepted that they are in love (which is typical for stories like that). Meh... I don' ...more
Anna Marie
Nov 03, 2013 Anna Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SOOOO very happy that this book was back on track!

Yes, I'm working my way thru the Mirror Lake series. And (((mostly))) I'm loving them. As much as an ex-Christian who can't stand it when her Savior is called by that incorrect de-Hebrewed moniker, Jee-zus, can. I deal, for the sake of the story, but bristle, every time.

This is Kate and Alex's story - both of whom have been in all of the previous Mirror Lake books. Kate is the feisty red-headed cafe owner who is a whirling dervish, a woman who ta
Charline Bonham
Sep 08, 2014 Charline Bonham rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alex Porter is a hotel mogul and he ends up running his sister's bed-and-breakfast while she honeymoons for 2 weeks. He can't cook so Abby has her best friend do the cooking and the sparks fly.
Kate and Alex cannot be in the same room without an argument. He thinks Kate lets people take advantage of her not realizing she loves to help people. Read to see if she can help Alex understand the concept of drive him away.

Ruth F. Creamer
Aug 02, 2015 Ruth F. Creamer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Longing for home

I have read the first four books in this series and have enjoyed all of them. Each one is special in a different way. This one brought in two little children that were broken, but a loving community helped mend their spirits.
jeanine Piselli
Feb 28, 2016 jeanine Piselli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the messages sprinkled throughout the book

Enjoy the continuing story connecting the characters, looking forward to reading the next book. I have to say I was a little surprised at some of the grammatical errors in the book.
Karen
Feb 08, 2016 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alex Porter is in Mirror Lake to give his sister away and ends up staying to help during her absence with the honeymoon. Kate Nichols runs a cafe in town and will help out in the kitchen of Abby's B&B during her honeymoon.
Mary M
Feb 27, 2014 Mary M rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was okay - liked it, would read more in the series but not desperate to do so. Late updating good reads - I think I might have rated it higher right when I read it but after a month, I'm already a bit fuzzy on the details.
Crystal Memmott
Longing for Home is a very good, clean, romance story. I enjoyed getting to know the main characters, Kate Nichols and Alex Porter. I enjoyed their arguments, Kate's spunky spirit, and Alex's arrogance. It was fun to watch as Alex changed his priorities and fell in love.

My parents own a Bed & Breakfast establishment, so I could relate to that part of the storyline. I loved the small-town setting near a lake. This was a fun story and I was disappointed to finish reading it; I didn't want the
Carol
Apr 25, 2013 Carol rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although this book stood on its own, I think I would have enjoyed it more if I had read some of the previous books in the series. A lot of characters kept popping up who were clearly from other books. Most of the Love Inspired books that I have enjoyed were more spiritual than overtly religious as this book was. Still an enjoyable read.
Lindsey
Aug 26, 2012 Lindsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alex Porter and Kate Nichols. A romance story were they both disdain on another, then grudgingly admire the other, and then fall in love.

Favorite quote:"Is this a good time to mention that placing a tape recorder under a person's pillow and playing subliminal messages only works in the movies?"
heather
Jan 10, 2012 heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was so uplifting and inspiring in so many ways and the romance was perfect it wasnt dirty or vulgar at all it was just wonderful hands down it was good!
Teresa Merriman
Mar 06, 2014 Teresa Merriman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read!
Crystalstar Hall
entertaining. great read. I loved it and cant wait to read more from this author.
Rob
Jan 26, 2012 Rob rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful well written story, very uplifting as well as entertaining
Kami Reeve
Clean, enjoyable, predictable, Christian romance novel. I enjoyed it.
Marg
Jan 13, 2012 Marg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x2012
I enjoyed this book and the series. I look forward to the next one
Jeanne
Apr 26, 2012 Jeanne rated it liked it
Sparks fly between a hotelier and a cafe owner.
Harlequin Books
Maureen
Oct 29, 2013 Maureen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
light reading
Marybelle
Marybelle marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Margaret Turi
Margaret Turi is currently reading it
Jul 23, 2016
Ensley
Ensley marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Dawn Hendrickson
Dawn Hendrickson rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
  • Home to Stay
  • Lilac Wedding in Dry Creek
  • Falling for the Fireman (Gordon Falls, #1)
  • The Cowboy's Homecoming (The Cowboy Series, #8)
  • A Love Rekindled
  • Hometown Hearts (Granger Family Ranch #7)
  • The Last Bridge Home
  • Daddy Lessons (Home to Hartley Creek, #2)
  • Leah's Choice (Hannah's Daughters, #4)
  • Seaside Reunion (Starfish Bay, #1)
  • Christmas Gifts: Small Town Christmas\Her Christmas Cowboy (The Cowboy Series, #9)
  • Private Eye Protector (Heroes for Hire, #5)
  • Her Surprise Sister (Texas Twins, #1)
  • A Man to Trust
  • A Home for Hannah (Brides of Amish Country, #6)
Kathryn Springer, winner of the 2007 Write Touch Reader’s Award (long contemporary), grew up in a small town in northern Wisconsin, where her parents published a weekly newspaper. As a child, she spent many hours sitting at her mother’s typewriter, plunking out stories, and credits her parents for instilling in her a love of books – which eventually turned into a desire to tell stories of her own. ...more
More about Kathryn Springer...

Mirror Lake (6 books)
  • A Place to Call Home (Mirror Lake, #1)
  • Love Finds a Home (Mirror Lake, #2)
  • The Prodigal Comes Home (Mirror Lake, #3)
  • The Promise of Home (Mirror Lake, #5)
  • Making His Way Home (Mirror Lake, #6)