A Kind of Magic

A Kind of Magic

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  12 reviews
"The man I marry must dote on me..." Rosie already knew the sort of man she wanted to marry-and Fergus Cameron couldn't be further from that ideal! Arrogant and determined to always get his own way, he was much too sure of himself for Rosie's peace of mind.

Yet he had also made it clear that he, too, had decided on the girl he wanted to marry...but did his plans include he...more
Published June 5th 2012 by Harlequin (first published July 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about A Kind of Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Kind of Magic

Leona
This was an okay read by Betty, but definitely not one of her cornerstones.

The heroine was sweet and impulsive. The hero a little brusque at times, but likable. Unlike her earlier work, you get to know his POV quite early on. A great travelogue of Scotland and that point alone made it worth reading.
Christy Olesen
Sep 15, 2013 Christy Olesen rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Christy by: Favorite author
I've read this book more than once. It takes place in the West Highlands of Scotland, a place I've visited and would love to visit again. I love all Betty Neels' books. If you want to escape to a time before technology and social media took over our crazy society, when life was simpler, try one of her books. If you like a dishy, courteous, and wealthy hero, try one of her books. This book isn't a doctor/nurse story, but the majority of hers stories are. She was a nurse before she retired and sta...more
Lana Kamennof-sine
What can I say? Betty Neels wrote gentle, somewhat traditional love stories. The setting was interesting - highlands of Scotland. Although the characters were typical wealthy male & deserving female there was an attempt at inserting a greater spark of independence in the female character.

Still it was a sweet read & someday I hope to travel in that area :-)
Mina
A quick read...an old fashioned love story....Fergus was a bit abrupt and came across as stuffy....Rosie was more likeable...her patience with granny was almost saintly...I would have lost mine a long time ago...the author painted a lovely picture of small scottish life...especially enjoyed when she wrote about food...could go for a nice high tea.
Colleen
This book was very charming. I didn't really feel the spark between the characters and certain things could have been concluded better but nevertheless it was a good read and left me with a smile on my face.
Sir Fergus Cameron was a gem of a character.
Susanna
Have read several of books by this author and they are great, easy, clean, reads. The same basic story line in all I have read so far but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying each one. Light and easy with HEA.
Deborah Darsie
Classic Neels, slight twist on location (Scotland) and the nationality of the families involved and the level of independence of the female lead.
Allison
Nice book. Also a nice change having it set in Scotland rather than holland.
I really love this author and enjoy the simple and wholesome stories.
Christie
Betty Neels is always just what the doctor ordered.
Mada Boulineau
Mada Boulineau marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Brittney
Brittney marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Jeri
Jeri added it
Aug 14, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Teresa Da
Teresa Da marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Betty Neels was born on September 15, 1910 in Devon to a family with firm roots in the civil service. She said she had a blissfully happy childhood and teenage years, which stood her in good stead for the tribulations to come with the Second World War. She was sent away to boarding school, and then went on to train as a nurse, gaining her SRN and SCM, that is, State Registered Nurse and State Cert...more
More about Betty Neels...
An Old-Fashioned Girl (The Best Of Betty Neels) The Quiet Professor Cassandra by Chance A Girl In a Million (The Best of Betty Neels) Winter Wedding