Start by marking “Midwife Cover” as Want to Read:
Midwife Cover

Midwife Cover

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  6 reviews
An FBI agent and a midwife prove opposite s do attract

FBI agent Brady Masters thought his mission to infiltrate the Lost Lamb Ranch and take down a human trafficking scheme was about to end, but it was only just beginning.… Now he needed the help of Petra Jamison, a gorgeous free spirit who had dropped out of the FBI to become a midwife. Going undercover with her as a marr

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Intrigue #1343, 224 pages
Published April 3rd 2012 by Harlequin Intrigue (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Midwife Cover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midwife Cover

Susan
Good book, but the blurb isn't quite correct. I don't recall their identities being compromised or Brady being told to walk away. When Brady and Petra first met, it was obvious they were complete opposites. Brady is a by-the-book, gotta have a plan kind of guy. Petra left the FBI over their rigid rules and became a midwife. She is more of a touchy-feely, heavy into New Age feelings. Brady asked Petra to assist him in going undercover at a home for unwed mothers that is a suspected site for human ...more
Debbie Heaton
In Miles’ romantic suspense novel, FBI agent Brady Masters is on a mission to infiltrate the Lost Lamb Ranch over a case involving human trafficking. But to do that, he had to team with a midwife to solidify his cover as a married man. Much to his surprise, Brady soon discovers that he likes Petra Jamison as a partner in every way. When their cover is blown, Brady is ordered to stand down. Obeying commanding officers went with the job, but denying his feelings was a whole different ballgame.

Mil
Diana Hockley
I don't know why this novel wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. It had everything going for it - the mystery, the gorgeous hero, the gorgeous heroine, the secondary love story and of course, the babies.

I think it could be because the idea of an FBI agent "dropping out" to become a midwife was a little bizarre. This is just my opinion, but it didn't seem realistic somehow, even though one has to suspend disbelief in romantic fiction!

The book was well-written and paced, pleasant enough, b
Wendy Lincoln
It was an okay book. I wasn't exactly thrilled because on the back of the book it says that their identities had been compromised and he was ordered to end the assignment. I am not sure where that part of the book went. I went cover to cover and it wasn't there. The ending was pretty stupid. It just basically ended. It wrapped up so simple, really? It was a disappointment.
Kate Vale
This book left me not sure I understood what the author was trying to do. Close down a baby trafficking racket, but then discover illegal organ stealing? Both? Or was it simply a way to bring the FBI profiler together with the midwife, former FBI woman?

Perhaps it ended too soon or not soon enough. To say I was dissatisfied is probably the best I can do.
Heather Willson
Interesting plot. Corny conclusion. Seems like the author was limited on page count and sprinted through the climax and summation.
Willow Bark
Willow Bark marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Lawanda Mckenzie
Lawanda Mckenzie marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Debra
Debra added it
Jun 24, 2014
Jane Dugan
Jane Dugan marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Camy
Camy marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Amber Long
Amber Long marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2013
Fernande
Fernande marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Julia Harrison
Julia Harrison marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2013
Maria Pedersen
Maria Pedersen marked it as to-read
May 20, 2013
Anna Domańska
Anna Domańska marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2013
Cassie grew up in a small town at the very tip of southern Illinois. A tomboy, she spent most of her time outside and got into big trouble for breaking the trellis while climbing out her second-story bedroom window.

When her family moved to L.A., major culture shock ensued. She discovered that grapefruits grew on trees, television offered more than two channels, and all the other girls had breasts.
More about Cassie Miles...
Colorado Abduction (Christmas at the Carlisles, #1) Mommy Midwife Criminally Handsome (Kenner County Crime Unit, #4) Unforgettable Baby Battalion (Daddy Corps, #6)