Three Brides, No Groom

Three Brides, No Groom

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  832 ratings  ·  121 reviews
Three women meet at their fifteen-year class reunion…and discover that their lives have taken unexpected directions.

Back in their college days, Gretchen Wise had been engaged to a top law student. Carol Furness, head cheerleader, had said yes to the school's football hero. And Maddie Cobain was the girl who'd fallen for a professor.

Now the three of...more
Published June 26th 2012 by Harlequin MIRA (first published September 1st 1997)

Gigi Ann
Three women meet at their fifteen-year class reunion …and discover that their lives have taken unexpected directions. Back in their college days, Gretchen Wise had been engaged to a top law student. Carol Furness, head cheerleader, had said yes to the school's football hero. And Maddie Coolidge was the girl who'd fallen for a professor. However, all three brides were left at the altar, so to speak, at the last minute the grooms backed out on the weddings.

Now the three of them gather around a po...more
Leslie Hayden
Once again Debbie Macomber has drawn in an audience based off of her contemporary romances. They are thoughtful and uplifting, heart warming stories to curl up and read on a rainy day. While reading this book after hearing the stories of the three women I instantly felt a connection to each story because of how she enthralls her readers with such real live scenarios and feelings in which we all have felt. I was almost disappointed after each story when hearing their newfound men did not work out...more
TaureanDelight {Leah}
This book almost made me really mad. In it you'll find the stories of three different women who at the completion of their college days find out the men their engaged to marry all turn out to not be the one. Gretchen, Carol and Maddie tell their stories individually and take the reader through the aftermath of their heartbreak. Yet in all of their situations they each end up spending time with men that they knew from school (these three men graduated at the same time as the women) but never real...more
Caroline
3.5 stars, I did enjoy this book but wished it had been 3 short stories as I didn't like the way the 3 stories all stopped and then were quickly summed up in the epilogue. Basically three women return to college for a reunion, they all stop by a fountain and get talking about what has gone on in their lives in the past 15 years. Each has their own story of love lost and found and betrayal etc, the individual stories were good but all finished abruptly at crunch time, then in the epilogue they al...more
Stephanie
Cute read. I love her books....good heartfelt stories.
Debbie
I'm a little bit embarrassed to say that I enjoyed this book. It's a quick read that is extremely formulaic, yet I found it interesting and really wanted to find out where the story of each character would lead. I wish the three women hadn't been quite so much alike, and the men pretty much blended together personality-wise also. Nearly all of the dialogue could have been said by any one of them. However, even though I far prefer books with twists and turns, I'm honest enough to admit that I was...more
Lauren
This book was quite amateur. Almost seems like the author was in a rush to write and publish this book but didn't pay attention to the poor grammar and word errors. I don't think the author got this proof read carefully before publishing. Short and fast read, there was no real plot line, just wanted to get it over and done with.
Ajasiri
Too predictable, the dialogue was lacking and the characters impossible to care about. I felt better knowing this was one of her older books. I enjoyed Blossom Street Brides, but this was hard to get through.
Cheryl
This book was like three short stories linked together with the conclusions blended at the end. It seemed somewhat disjointed for that reason. The stories themselves were good, but I had to skip to the end to get the happy ending for each couple before I could move on to the next part. I would've preferred whole books on each story.
Bette
I am about to give up on reading Debbie Macomber. This is the second book in a row of hers that I have been disappointed in.
Three college classmates meet at their 15 year reunion to discover that each of them had been dumped by their college sweethearts that they were scheduled to marry. The three girls take turns telling their story to one another. Macomber could have written one of the stories and said "ditto" for the other two, because they are all the same with different names and a few dif...more
JoAnn Bell
A fun easy read to escape back to college days and romance.
Ann
Easy read, predictable ending, but sweet story.
Ivy
This is "vintage" Macomber. She has definitely improved with experience. It was a fast, fine read, but really nothing spectacular. It was formulaic, and very predictable. Three spurned brides-to-be, who all wish for some type of revenge. None of them end up seeking that revenge except in the hope that their former fiancees will ultimately live to regret giving up such "wonderful" girls. Fast, easy and barely worth it. Better than really late night TV.
Just - The romance reader
I finished all but a chapter in one sitting so that tells you the I enjoyed this book ALOT! All three of the ladies were great with very touching stories. It really hugged me that you were left hanging at the end of each of their stories until I got to the epilogue and realized that wasn't the case. Each lady had a painful struggle with love but eventually got a happy ending just maybe not the one she dreamer of as a college girl fifteen years ago.
Laura Dogsmom
I listened to this book in audio format to make house cleaning time more enjoyable. I was not expecting any deep thinking required and wanted to be entertained with a good story. This book fit the bill. I liked the first part best, and was not disappointed in the following stories, although by the third bride I was ready for it to move a bit faster.

I appreciated the epilogue which filled in more of the story. She did not leave us hanging.
June
What a fun story. My first Debbie Macomber read. Suggested by my favorite author. :) Three acquaintances brought back together after graduating from college 15 years earlier. The life they thought they would have compared to what they ended up with. In the case of these three they ended up so much better off than they could have. The story was fast paced and kept my interest with no problem. Now to go find more of Ms. Macomber's books to read.
Lindsay
This book fallows the story of 3 ex college classmates who meet up before their reunion and swap stories of why they didn't marry the men everyone thought they were going to marry.
Naturally it ends with a happy ending, which annoyed me a bit. Call me bitter, but the likelihood that a guy who breaks your heart is going to come back and everything is all lovely is pretty slim. But that's your typical Debbie book. Not very realistic.
Virginia Mackmin
I loved how she had three different stories wrapped in one book. The ending of this book is great.
Deborah Darsie
Jan 07, 2013 Deborah Darsie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Debbie Macomber fans, Contemporary romance
Recommended to Deborah by: friends
Good stories are a staple for Mrs Macomber, this book did not disappoint.

Three young women about to graduate from college were in their college relationships that each ended in disillusion and a new maturity. We spend more time learning about what led them to yet another crossroads and only in the epilogue do we discover how their lives proceeded.

Jenny
Mar 10, 2013 Jenny rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jenny by: Mindi A
Shelves: romance
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!

A very quick read consisting of 3 love stories with the central theme of broken engagements of 3 women graduating from Queen Anne University in Seattle and reconnecting at their 15 year reunion.
Michele
This is the first Debbie Macomber book I've read. It was a nice, easy read, and had a predictable happy ending.
I enjoyed it. Sometimes you need a predicatble happy ending.
The characters were nice, the whole book was nice, and I think that's fine.
I'll explore some more of Ms. Macomber's books, I believe I have a large library to choose from!
Joanna Warrens
I bought this in the airport and it is a great book to read on a plane. It is a reprint of an old book-I didn't enjoy it as much as the Blossom Street books but it was the only book by Macomber in the store. She is my go to author for very distracting times such as travel and jury duty. No matter what I can always keep focused on her books.
April Suter
Three girls, three different backgrounds but one common thread: ready to graduate from college and their engagements are smashed. Fifteen years later they meet at the college reunion, and share their tales of love and heartache.

Debbie has updated this edition, the ending is not predictable-- still one of her best!
267 pages
Catherine
With each Debbie Macomber book I read, I seem to be enjoying them more and more. This book was adorable and sweet. Three women tell their three different stories about men they dated in the past. It was exciting to find out who they actually ended up with in the end. Macomber's books always seem to be easy, quick reads.
Constantine
Nice reading, the book is the story about three girls and their relationships. The nice thing is that they meet for a reunion after 15 years and each tells her own story. The nice thing about the book is that the three stories are separate from each other. This makes the reading easier. Recommended for any romance lovers.
Deann Doolittle
Just when I think I have read most of Debbie Macombers books, my mom hands me one to read that I haven't heard of. She is one of my favorite authors and I really liked this book. Three stories in one but kept a fast reading pace. Stories of trials but with happy endings. Thanks mom for letting me borrow the book.
Niki
This is the second book that I read by Debbie Macomber and it was like the first a fast, fun, easy and clean romance. This book you can tell by the title was almost like three short stories of girls who know each other vaguely in college where they were engaged and then there worlds all fell apart.
Nancy
Another escape read while I was in Florida. Three sorority sisters meet at the campus fountain the afternoon before their 15th reunion. Each relates their personal story as to why they didn’t marry the man they were engaged to at graduation. And, how they connected with the man they did marry.
Patty
Apparently Macomber has trotted out something she wrote a long time ago. Fortunately, for her, she's gotten a little better. So formulaic, she used the formula for 3 stories in one. Also, her description of physical romance she was rather clinical with words like "exchange" and "introduction".
  • Flirting with Disaster (The Charleston Trilogy, #2)
  • The Ladies Room
  • Woodrose Mountain (Hope's Crossing,#2)
  • My Big Old Texas Heartache (Cedar Dell, #1)
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • The Mistress (Great Chicago Fire Trilogy, #2)
  • Making Spirits Bright
  • Blue Skies
  • Christmas at Copper Mountain (Copper Mountain Christmas, #4; Taming of the Sheenans, #1)
  • Maui Heat
  • Queen of Broken Hearts
  • Stakeout for Love
  • Megan's Hero (The Callahans of Texas, #3)
  • Springwater Wedding (Springwater, #7)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #...more
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)