Start by marking “The Sorceress of Belmair” as Want to Read:
The Sorceress of Belmair

The Sorceress of Belmair (World of Hetar #4)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  748 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Magic coursing through his blood, Dillon, son of the Domina of Hetar, follows his path to the forgotten world of Belmair. Summoned to marry the king's daughter and inherit the throne, Dillon discovers Belmair is beautiful, enigmatic and seductive—as is his strong-willed new queen. What's more, Hetar's brightest star may hold the key to his ...more
Published June 19th 2012 by Harlequin HQN (first published May 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Sorceress of Belmair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sorceress of Belmair

Kim
This is a 4th book installment from World of Hetar by Bertrice Small. It is a historical romance/fantasy world where people like fairies, ancient being, giants, dragon, mermaids, flying horse, etc. exist. I absolutely adore this series for combining my two favorite, historical romance and fantasy stories. It is for adults due to the large amount of sex that exist in it. Beside that, it’s full of rich fairy tale fantasy and historical setting that literally take you to another world and just ‘wow ...more
Mena
This is, by far, my favorite World Of Hetar novel.

Upon purchase, I was scared that after the ridculous price I paid for it (can anyone tell me why this book ranges anywhere from $35 to $200+ dollars when it came out merely two years ago?) that it would end up being like A Distant Tomorrow; important to the overall plot of the series, but not one I would go back and read for fun. Fortunately, it turned out to be the best of them.

It would appear Bertrice Small seems to have a penchant for simple a
Kristen
I love Bertrice Small's books because they are frothy, fluffy mindless fun - kind of like eating marshmallows - absolutely no nutritional value but they sure are yummy!\

This was no exception. Cinnia (the Sorceress of the title), the nubile (naturally), beautiful (well of course!) and willful (what fun would the book be if she was docile?) daughter of the dying King of Belmair is expected to marry the next King when Pops heads off into the great hearafter.

Oh did we mention that here in Belmair,
Dana
I have always enjoyed the World of Hetar books by Bertrice Small. Very romantic and quite steamy, these fantasy books never let me down. Belmair, the new world that is introduced to the readers, includes a new cast of characters including a dragon and a group of mermaids. With the help of older characters, like Kaliq, and Lara's mother and brother, the magical team uses all their strengths and tricks to accomplish their goals.
Although the book was based around Lara's son Dillon and not Lara her
Athena Ninlil
I loved how there were more multi-dimensional characters than in the last one, the third book of the saga Twiloght Lord where Lara was just a Mary Sue and Kaliq and her mother were just so annoying. The sorceress of Belmair follows the story of the other world Belmair from where Hetarians came from and the two leads are its Queen Cinnia and Dillon (Lara's son who it's revealed he's reallt Kaliq's son) who is elected King by the highest authority in Belmair, the female dragon Nihndrug. The tale h ...more
Casandra
Picked this up at wal-mart the other day because none of my fav author's have anything that came out, read the back and bought it, am half way through now, and I love this world, going to buy the first three in this series!!!
Betsy
Bertrice Small is always good. Sex and magic, dragons, fairies, & wizards! She has great attention to detail. This is #4 in the World of Hetar. Will have to look for the next one.
Cornelia
This was wonderful, I loved it.
Melissa
Another great book in the Hetar series! This time we do see Lara but the focus of the book is the story of her eldest child Dillon. Dillon and Cinnia end up having many twists and turns in their book and make just as awesome of a story as the ones about his mother Lara do. A whole new world is explored in this book filled with just as much magic and romance as the first three books. Yet again I devoured this Hetar book and desperately wished the fifth was out.
Liz
I like the hetar books and this one was good too. I liked Dillon and Cinnia. Cinnia was a good strong character and Dillon was a good Alpha Male. I did enjoy the little story of Nidhug and Cirillo. The story was interesting because once Dillon and Cinnia are married they have figure out where the women of Belmair are dissapearing too. Once Cinnia is abducted it is up to Dillon and her to make things work again. I have to say that I do miss Lara and I can't wait for her and Kaliq to finally get t ...more
Annette
Dec. 2014 I picked this book up at the library book sale and enjoyed it this time.

I've really loved Bertrice Small over the years. Rosamund, Lara..so many of her books. I have many of them. This series is not holding my interest though, and I wish it would. Dragons, love, fairies..everything I love. I find it repeats information until I'm skipping pages as the same stuff is explained again to another member of the family, so we are to read the same information over and over.
I don't know. I jus
Lexus
Loved this book and it was about a different character this time! Will write a whole review once I'm done reading the series.
Jo
Nice addition to the series which introduced a new "world" in Belmair. Glad that there was a dragon (what a fantastic character Nidhug was, love her!). There were nice additions to the various magical folk in Hetar/Belmair. Expect the typical Small storyline in an interesting new world with all new political situations. On the down side, in my copy the editing was pretty bad - typical errors that spellcheck wouldn't find - you/your she/he, tense errors, etc. I found that quite distracting.
Brianna Courtney
This is my least favorite of the series but still a great book. I found it to be a little slower paced and didn't love it as much. I like that the other books revolve around Lara and this one primarily follows her son Dillion. Still a great read but only if you've read the rest of the books in the series first.
Mandi
Oct 23, 2008 Mandi rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mandi by: my boss
this was ok but i couldn't get through it. It didn't hold my attention very well and it just kept going back to the other books that I had already read and didn't need a review of just not what i expected
Lindsey
A great read by one of my favorite authors.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The World of Hetar
Category: Fantasy
Kashii
it was cool i enjoyed it....
Megan  Castillo
Megan Castillo marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Caron
Caron marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Rhonda
Rhonda marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Brenda
Brenda added it
Jul 23, 2015
Sara Stevens
Sara Stevens marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 21, 2015 01:29PM
  • The Destined Queen (Umbria, #2)
  • Daughter Of Light (Merlin's Legacy, #3)
  • The Cat (Sons of Destiny, #5)
  • When Love Commands
  • Alliance (Alliance #1)
  • Insatiable
  • Beneath A Midnight Moon
  • Mage of Clouds (The Cloudmages, Book 2)
  • Surrender in Moonlight
  • My Lady Vixen
  • The Pagan's Prize
  • Savage Summer
  • Blood of Egypt (Witch Fairy, #8)
  • Bedeviled Angel (Works Like Magick, #2)
  • Fire & Ice
  • Sword of the Highlands (Highlands, #2)
  • The Star Witch (Fyne Witches, #3)
Bertrice Williams was born on December 9, 1937 in Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA, the daughter of Doris S. and David R. Williams, both broadcasters. She studied at Attended Western College for Women and Katharine Gibbs Secretarial School. On October 5, 1963, she married George Sumner Small, a photographer and designer with a History Major at Princeton. They had a son Thomas David. She has ...more
More about Bertrice Small...

World of Hetar (6 books)
  • Lara (World of Hetar #1)
  • A Distant Tomorrow (World of Hetar #2)
  • The Twilight Lord (World of Hetar #3)
  • The Shadow Queen (World of Hetar #5)
  • Crown of Destiny (World of Hetar #6)
Skye O'Malley (O'Malley Saga, #1) The Kadin All the Sweet Tomorrows (O'Malley Saga #2) This Heart of Mine (O'Malley Saga, #4) Wild Jasmine (O'Malley Saga #6)