Start by marking “Hometown Family (Sawyers #1)” as Want to Read:
Hometown Family (Sawyers #1)

Hometown Family (Sawyers #1)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  22 reviews
INSPIRATIONAL ROMANCE
Book 1-The Sawyers

Since when is prodigal son Matt Sawyer a small-town farmer surrounded by kin? Since the terms of his late father's will demand he stay in Harland, North Carolina. Terms that attorney and hometown gal Caty McKenzie has to ensure are carried out. Matt left Harland years ago and never looked back. But running the farm and spending time w
Published April 17th 2012 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about Hometown Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hometown Family

Janine
"Hometown Family" by Mia Ross is the first book I have read by Ms. Ross and I loved the book. I cried and laughed, along with finding Matt and Caty sense of humor downright warped and so much like my own.

This is a different type of coming home book. There is no long lost love that one person left behind only to reconnect with. Don't get me wrong those are good but at times a bit over done. This time someone was not running because of their bad boy reputation but because of something else that I
Michelle
Family
Book 1

Matthew Sawyer is seen as the black sheep, having left home after high school to sow his wild oats. He's the only one who refused to have a relationship to God. But when his dad dies suddenly from a heart attack, Matthew finds himself trying to bond with his three siblings (all have their own story in future books). He meets sweet lawyer, Caty McKenzie, who was where she was because of Matt's father. When she gives them the terms of the will, Matt decides he has no choice but to stay
+ Dragonfly+
Won this book from first reads yay! A touching book about things you try to run away from but is that what really what you should be doing. Good little book. Caty meets up with Matt again after many years and she is there for him when he needs someone. I am loving these Love Inspired books! "If you can believe, all things are possible"!
Susan
I liked Hometown Family a lot. I didn't realize it was an inspirational book until I started to read it, and found myself thinking of God and faith (in the book) as additional characters. Very well done.

Speaking of characters, I enjoyed all of them and believe that the author Mia Ross is a very good writer. There were a couple of unexpected plot twists that were interesting, the characters were well-developed, and the book moved right along.

My only suggestion to readers is to ignore the one spot
Tiffany
Hometown Family by Mia Ross was a good book. This is a short romance story but sometime those are just the perfect book to read after reading something not so pleasant or to in depth. This book didn’t disappoint.
Both the main characters are returning to their small hometown, from a big city, after the loss of someone they were close to. Caty is returning hoping to follow her dreams. Matt is coming back to say goodbye to the father that he hadn’t really been too close with as of late. He doesn’
Ausjenny
Firstly thanks to Mia for my copy, she kindly sent me one to save me having to wait till it came to Australia.

This is a good debut book. Caty is a lawyer who is back in her home town due to a funeral and as the attorney for the deceased has to deal with the family. Matt is the oldest son who doesn't want to be back on the farm. Matt left the farm as soon as he finished school and hasn't wanted to return, the place has memories he would rather not deal with. For Caty Harland is a place she grew
I picked this up from my collection of books for some quick, clean, and light reading. As I got further into the story I began to realize that I had already read this one. (I have some books I have purchased but have yet to read. I thought this was one of those.) So, even though this was a re-read, I still liked it and finished it.

This is "Christian Chick Lit" for sure.

Story synopsis: Matt Sawyer reluctantly returns to his hometown in Harland, North Carolina abiding by the terms of his late fat
Teresa
A sweet little story that I would classify as a faith-based romance. Caty, a young lawyer, returns to the home of her youth to attend the funeral of a dear friend. There she re-connects with Matt who happens to be the eldest son of the dead friend. Matt has been semi-estranged from his family for years due to his lack of desire to stay on the farm that's been his family's main source of livelihood forever. Matt and Caty clash from their first meeting.

Circumstances have brought the two of the tog
Kav
What an amazing debut novel! Practically read it in one sitting it was that good. Hometown Family was such a pleasure to read. The characters are engaging -- and I'm hoping that Matt's large family will provide the impetus to create more than a sequel or two. Ross has also created an incredible town full of neighbourly folks and I'm not ready to say goodbye to any of them -- especially Ruthy.

This book is pure romance and I love how Ross took the time to develop it. There's nothing artificial or
Dee Schwinn
This was a fast read, a good plot, nice characters and a resolution. It is just what I expected from an inspirational fiction book. Everyone needs to read a book like this every once in a while. It gets 3 stars because is was fine --not what I would keep on my shelves but I am glad I read it.
Travelling Sunny
I received this book for free through Goodreads first reads. It was sweet. Completely benign as far as Harlequin books go, but this was an Inspirational Romance, so that makes sense. Until this book, I'd never even heard of that genre. Cute.

I'll admit that I teared up in the last two chapters. I'm occasionally a mushy sort of reader, but I appreciate a good happy ending! There's a lesson to be learned from our heroine about staying true to yourself. I plan to pass my copy along to my 13 year old
Anne
Pick this book up when you are feeling down in the dumps! With characters rich in faith and values it is truly uplifting! With everything going on in our country and world today it was nice to escape with a quick-read book that showed how family and personal relationships can be enhanced with faith. By taking a romance story and adding a small amount of inspiration, made the plot more real and the characters more personal.

Thank you to Mia for sending me a free copy and thank you to all of you ou
Madonna
Glad to receive "Hometown Family" through the GoodReads program.

I enjoyed reading it very much. Light romance and a beautiful story about loss and love in a family who needed both. A small farming town where two good people met again after growing up and learned that trust and love go hand in hand, and that faith strengthens both. I have read many Inspirational Romance books and found this right up there in the well written department.

Thanks to Mia Ross for writing a relaxing and fast read...al
Keely Richmond
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. I really enjoyed this book. It was easy for me to just keep reading, and very hard to put down. I have never really read anything with any sort of religious undertone, but I have to say that it was nothing major, and didn't hinder the focus of what the story was. It was a very uplifting book that always made me feel delighted and happy the times I did have to put it down. I would definitely read more books from this author, as well as ...more
Diana
I recieved this book as a part of Goodreads First Reads. This book is a first by the author and after reading it I am looking forward to reading more. It's a sweet romance with the two main characters coming back to their hometown after tragedy/setbacks in the big city. The Faith aspect is dealt with honestly and wholeheartedly by people who practice what they preach. It's refreshing to see Christian belief's spoken about as it is in this book. I recommend this book to Christian romance readers.
Madelyn
I really enjoyed Hometown Family - an inspirational story that pulled at my heartstrings with a cast of realistic characters. Caty and Matt are a couple you are rooting for as they deal with the twists and turns of life and its conflicts. A great read!
Jalynn Patterson
I liked the back and forth relationship between Matt and Caty. And then when the visitor showed up during church. What a surprise. You can practically see the anger on Caty's face. Really good read.
Amazing book read it twice. both times had a hard time putting the book down. In the book theres alot of healing, and forgiveness to be done but all and all worthwild read
Brittany
I received this book through the First Reads giveaway program on Goodreads.

A sweet and simple romance book about healing and forgiveness.
Christina
This is a story about a loner boy and a loner girl who take a leap of faith and put their trust in each other. A very endearing story.
Claudia
First time for me to read this author, a nice story with good lessons to be learned.
Sandy
I loved this one. Caty and Matt are one of my favorite fictional couples.
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Lisa Crenshaw
Lisa Crenshaw marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Karen Gregory
Karen Gregory marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Linda Hockman
Linda Hockman marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
  • Second Chance in Dry Creek
  • A Baby Between Them (Irish Brides, #3)
  • Her Surprise Sister (Texas Twins, #1)
  • The Promise of Home (Mirror Lake, #5)
  • Rocky Point Promise
  • Carbon Copy Cowboy (Texas Twins, #3)
  • Montana Dreams
  • Her Valentine Family (Claremont, Alabama, #1)
  • The Rancher's Reunion
  • Mistaken Bride (Irish Brides, #2)
  • Winning the Widow's Heart
  • Look-Alike Lawman (Texas Twins, #4)
  • The Marshal's Promise
  • Her Lone Star Cowboy (Mule Hollow Homecoming, #2)
  • The Bull Rider's Baby (Cooper Creek, #2)
  • Christmas Gifts: Small Town Christmas\Her Christmas Cowboy (The Cowboy Series, #9)
  • Daddy in the Making (New Friends Street, #2)
  • Child of Grace
Mia Ross loves great stories. She enjoys reading about fascinating people, long-ago times, and exotic places. But only for a little while, because her reality is pretty sweet. Married to her college sweetheart, she's the proud mom of two amazing kids whose schedules keep her hopping. Busy as she is, she can't imagine trading her life for anyone else's--and she has a pretty good imagination.
More about Mia Ross...

Sawyers (4 books)
  • Circle of Family (Sawyers #2)
  • A Gift of Family (Sawyers #3)
  • A Place for Family (Sawyers #4)
Jingle Bell Romance (Holiday Harbor #2) Rocky Coast Romance (Holiday Harbor #1) Sugar Plum Season (Barrett's Mill #2) Blue Ridge Reunion (Barrett's Mill #1) Seaside Romance (Holiday Harbor #3)