Start by marking “Undercover Bodyguard (Heroes for Hire, #6)” as Want to Read:
Undercover Bodyguard (Heroes for Hire, #6)

Undercover Bodyguard (Heroes for Hire #6)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  183 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Bakery owner Shelby Simons can't deny a stalker is after her. Still, knowing she's at risk is one thing. Admitting she needs a bodyguard is quite another. Especially when the bodyguard is Ryder Malone. The former SEAL is too big, too tough and way too attractive. Yet Ryder won't take no for an answer. If she can't find a place for him in her life, he'll make one, working u...more
Published April 3rd 2012 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Undercover Bodyguard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undercover Bodyguard

Paula Legate
I loved the story line, and all the charactors in this book. Shelby is very independent, working hard at her bakery. She does not want to depend on Ryder to protect her. She does not want to fall for him. She had some bad relationships before, and is content to stay single. As the threats against her heats up, so is the growing emotion she feels for Ryder. She tries to run from her own feelings, but we all know we can’t do that… I really enjoyed this book. The old lady is this book made me laugh...more
June
Love anything by Shirlee McCoy. She keeps the story interesting from word one. And most of the stuff I've read is series stuff so even when the story ends it's not really over, you get to revisit the characters again in the next book or two or three.

I liked the way this story flowed, how the relationship came to be so naturally over time. Three Forever.
Judy
Undercover Bodyguard by Shirlee McCoy
Heroes for Hire Book 6
Shelby Simons is done with men. She had two strike-out relationships behind her and wasn’t going for the third. She happily worked at her bakery, Just Desserts with the special people she helped out by hiring them. And then trouble began when she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Along with a stalker she gained an unwanted bodyguard, an unwanted handsome bodyguard. She really did not want the feelings the man stirred to life in h...more
Farah
Mar 01, 2014 Farah rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: books
Joy Henley
The overall story was good, and I'd recommend it. I enjoyed the plot itself, and the ending was satisfying.

However, as an editor, I noticed several minor hitches in the structure and proofreading. It's not enough to keep someone from liking the book, and those who aren't story geeks like me probably wouldn't notice anything wrong.

The one thing I found irritating was that the back cover copy described the heroine as having a stalker. By the end of the book, that seemed to be very much not the cas...more
Jasmine
A great little before-bed read.

A quick and fun read, Undercover Bodyguard, will keep you on the edge of your seat with the danger and licking your lips at all the bakery goodies.

The characters were likable, each has their own struggles but they also have their faith. Shirlee McCoy did a nice job teaching lessons on trusting God and taking a chance on people in an entertaining way.

One thing I enjoyed about this book is the location. How often do you see a novel set in Spokane, Washington. Having...more
Booklover
The book was a good read and very entertaining. It was not realistic based on the things the main character went through. It is marketed as a Christian book, but I am not so sure. What do you think?
Dora Hiers
Shirlee McCoy always plops you right into suspense and danger, one reason I love her books so much. A stalker, a murder, and a tough former Navy SEAL make for some heart-racing action that doesn't let up from start to finish. Shelby Simons used to believe in "forever" love, but not anymore. Not after a humiliating breakup and two failed relationships. While Ryder Malone protects Shelby from an attacker, he determines to convince her that "forever" love is possible is she chooses the right guy, h...more
Susan
3 1/2 stars. One of the better Love inspired suspense romances I've read.
Northern
One of the better stories in this line, but the formula is running thin. How about Christian suspense without being shackled in the romance thing? It's really not adding to the book--it's like it's always added as an afterthought. Like a heavy curtain you've draped around a window that could really stand on its own if only given the chance. How about just straight Christian suspense? Oh, the possibilities!
Carolyn E
Mar 04, 2012 Carolyn E rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
As always, another great story from Shirlee McCoy and Harlequin's Love Inspired Suspense. It has been a while since I read anything from this author, and I really enjoyed Undercover Bodyguard.
John Hanscom
Pretty average fair, which is a shame. The author is a good writer, and some of her descriptions are wonderful. It s sad the book just sort of started and just sort of ended, and - SPOILER ALERT - toward the end two new characters were introduced to resolve the issues, in sort of a deus ex machina maner.
Eris Kelli
I can honestly say I enjoyed reading this book. There were times when I just had to know what was going to happen and times when I had to force myself to keep reading, (I'm not good during the lulls). I loved the leading lady most of the time and really like the leading man.
Karen Kirst
Shirlee is one of my favorite suspense authors, and this book doesn't disappoint! The chemistry between Ryder and Shelby leaps off the page and sucks you in. I was sorry to reach the last page and really looking forward to the next installment of this series.
Nina
Very good book, tons of action, fast paced. I love the characters, but wanted to know if the hero helped the grandma, and if the girl that didn't kill anyone got out of jail. Great read.
Kelli
Overall a very sweet love story. I was kind of hoping there would be more of a twist with who the killer was but I was happy with the ending for Shelby.
Melinda
Good, suspenseful storyline, but a little cheesy. It really deserves 2.5 stars for writing, but McCoy is a good story-teller. Fun, quick read.
Sherri Kearley
This book was definately not lacking excitement. Although I am not sure that one heroin should take so many trips to the hospital.
Gaylee
Started reading yesterday morning and finished last night before I went to bed. Good reading.
Nicole
I liked the book a lot. Funny, suspenseful, romance, and made me hungry for a doughnut.
Wendy Lincoln
It was a very good book. I couldn't put it down once I started reading it.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Heroes for Hire
Category: Inspirational Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Heroes for Hire
Category: Inspirational Romance
Mollie Borden
Good mystery. Kept the who-done-it till close to the end.
Doris Pearson
exciting, enjoyed, romantic story
Mbmcolon
Loved the twists and turns!
Nicole Hulsey
It was a really great book!
Jen
great book
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Safe by the Marshal's Side (Witness Protection) Running Blind (Heroes for Hire, #3) Tracking Justice (Texas K-9 Unit, #1) Fugitive (Heroes for Hire, #8) Navy SEAL Rescuer (Heroes for Hire, #7)