Start by marking “Undercover Bodyguard (Heroes for Hire, #6)” as Want to Read:
Undercover Bodyguard (Heroes for Hire, #6)

Undercover Bodyguard (Heroes for Hire #6)

Bakery owner Shelby Simons can't deny a stalker is after her. Still, knowing she's at risk is one thing. Admitting she needs a bodyguard is quite another. Especially when the bodyguard is Ryder Malone. The former SEAL is too big, too tough and way too attractive. Yet Ryder won't take no for an answer. If she can't find a place for him in her life, he'll make one, working u ...more
Published April 3rd 2012 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Undercover Bodyguard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undercover Bodyguard

Paula Legate
Feb 16, 2013 Paula Legate rated it really liked it
I loved the story line, and all the charactors in this book. Shelby is very independent, working hard at her bakery. She does not want to depend on Ryder to protect her. She does not want to fall for him. She had some bad relationships before, and is content to stay single. As the threats against her heats up, so is the growing emotion she feels for Ryder. She tries to run from her own feelings, but we all know we can’t do that… I really enjoyed this book. The old lady is this book made me laugh ...more
June
Jul 04, 2012 June rated it really liked it
Love anything by Shirlee McCoy. She keeps the story interesting from word one. And most of the stuff I've read is series stuff so even when the story ends it's not really over, you get to revisit the characters again in the next book or two or three.

I liked the way this story flowed, how the relationship came to be so naturally over time. Three Forever.
Ash
Oct 10, 2015 Ash rated it it was ok
Was boring. No explanation for murders was given. Heroine kept on pushing the hero away and then suddenly she is saying I love u to him.
Farah
Oct 12, 2013 Farah rated it it was ok
Shelves: books
Judy
Apr 09, 2012 Judy rated it it was amazing
Undercover Bodyguard by Shirlee McCoy
Heroes for Hire Book 6
Shelby Simons is done with men. She had two strike-out relationships behind her and wasn’t going for the third. She happily worked at her bakery, Just Desserts with the special people she helped out by hiring them. And then trouble began when she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Along with a stalker she gained an unwanted bodyguard, an unwanted handsome bodyguard. She really did not want the feelings the man stirred to life in h
Kim
Mar 03, 2015 Kim added it
I love this book. This book is about a Bakery who owner Just Desert name Shelby Simmons who own a pink cadalliac that she calls "OLD BLUE". She was on her way to make a deliver went her car would start so she pick up the boxes of pastry and starting walking. As she approached her distraction their was a man in sunglass and hooded sweater running pass her. She begun to feel someone was watching her and the man gave her the creeps. As she got closer the Mauria house a black SUV with darkened windo ...more
Joy Henley
Jun 22, 2013 Joy Henley rated it really liked it
The overall story was good, and I'd recommend it. I enjoyed the plot itself, and the ending was satisfying.

However, as an editor, I noticed several minor hitches in the structure and proofreading. It's not enough to keep someone from liking the book, and those who aren't story geeks like me probably wouldn't notice anything wrong.

The one thing I found irritating was that the back cover copy described the heroine as having a stalker. By the end of the book, that seemed to be very much not the cas
Jasmine
Sep 06, 2013 Jasmine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great little before-bed read.

A quick and fun read, Undercover Bodyguard, will keep you on the edge of your seat with the danger and licking your lips at all the bakery goodies.

The characters were likable, each has their own struggles but they also have their faith. Shirlee McCoy did a nice job teaching lessons on trusting God and taking a chance on people in an entertaining way.

One thing I enjoyed about this book is the location. How often do you see a novel set in Spokane, Washington. Having
Cathy Beckett
Oct 02, 2015 Cathy Beckett rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-books-read
Loved this installment in the Heroes for Hire series. Shelby is being hunted by the person who murdered her friend, Maureen Lewis. The murderer wants her dead and will stop at nothing to get what he wants. Her friends and employees have other plans. They hire bodyguard, Ryder Malone, to protect Shelby. They have both been hurt by people that they thought loved them but the feelings they begin having for each other make them rethink their vow to stay single.
This book is one of McCoy's better book
Dora Hiers
May 03, 2012 Dora Hiers rated it it was amazing
Shirlee McCoy always plops you right into suspense and danger, one reason I love her books so much. A stalker, a murder, and a tough former Navy SEAL make for some heart-racing action that doesn't let up from start to finish. Shelby Simons used to believe in "forever" love, but not anymore. Not after a humiliating breakup and two failed relationships. While Ryder Malone protects Shelby from an attacker, he determines to convince her that "forever" love is possible is she chooses the right guy, h ...more
Northern
Nov 23, 2012 Northern rated it liked it
One of the better stories in this line, but the formula is running thin. How about Christian suspense without being shackled in the romance thing? It's really not adding to the book--it's like it's always added as an afterthought. Like a heavy curtain you've draped around a window that could really stand on its own if only given the chance. How about just straight Christian suspense? Oh, the possibilities!
John Hanscom
Pretty average fair, which is a shame. The author is a good writer, and some of her descriptions are wonderful. It s sad the book just sort of started and just sort of ended, and - SPOILER ALERT - toward the end two new characters were introduced to resolve the issues, in sort of a deus ex machina maner.
Melissa Wardwell
Mar 30, 2015 Melissa Wardwell rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this Mystery/ Suspense story. It was easy to read and follow.
I felt bad for Shelby and admired her bravery. She went through it. Most would want to give up after the first event she went through.
I loved the weaving in of the theme of trusting God's hand on your life.
I will definitely keep Shirlee McCoy on authors to read list.
Carolyn E
Mar 04, 2012 Carolyn E rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
As always, another great story from Shirlee McCoy and Harlequin's Love Inspired Suspense. It has been a while since I read anything from this author, and I really enjoyed Undercover Bodyguard.
Karen Kirst
Sep 19, 2012 Karen Kirst rated it it was amazing
Shirlee is one of my favorite suspense authors, and this book doesn't disappoint! The chemistry between Ryder and Shelby leaps off the page and sucks you in. I was sorry to reach the last page and really looking forward to the next installment of this series.
Eris Kelli
Sep 29, 2012 Eris Kelli rated it liked it
I can honestly say I enjoyed reading this book. There were times when I just had to know what was going to happen and times when I had to force myself to keep reading, (I'm not good during the lulls). I loved the leading lady most of the time and really like the leading man.
 Reader007
Mar 19, 2014 Reader007 rated it really liked it
The book was a good read and very entertaining. It was not realistic based on the things the main character went through. It is marketed as a Christian book, but I am not so sure. What do you think?
Jen
Jun 11, 2013 Jen rated it it was amazing
great book
Kelli
Nov 26, 2013 Kelli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall a very sweet love story. I was kind of hoping there would be more of a twist with who the killer was but I was happy with the ending for Shelby.
Sherri
Jun 28, 2012 Sherri rated it really liked it
This book was definately not lacking excitement. Although I am not sure that one heroin should take so many trips to the hospital.
Judine Brey
Jul 14, 2016 Judine Brey rated it liked it
I love Ryder's personality and the fact that he is so careful with Shelby. That said, the mystery angle fell pretty flat - the trail to the murderer came too easily and too late in the novel.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Heroes for Hire
Category: Inspirational Romance
Susan
Apr 02, 2014 Susan rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars. One of the better Love inspired suspense romances I've read.
Gaylee
Aug 11, 2012 Gaylee rated it really liked it
Started reading yesterday morning and finished last night before I went to bed. Good reading.
Mollie Borden
May 13, 2013 Mollie Borden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good mystery. Kept the who-done-it till close to the end.
Jill Twigg
Jun 06, 2016 Jill Twigg rated it it was amazing
I love books where the character makes me laugh out loud.
Melinda
Feb 09, 2013 Melinda rated it liked it
Good, suspenseful storyline, but a little cheesy. It really deserves 2.5 stars for writing, but McCoy is a good story-teller. Fun, quick read.
Mandy Huot
Jun 07, 2015 Mandy Huot rated it it was amazing
absolutely loved this book. I see a lot of myself in shelby. great book!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Heroes for Hire
Category: Inspirational Romance
Nina
Aug 10, 2012 Nina rated it it was amazing
Very good book, tons of action, fast paced. I love the characters, but wanted to know if the hero helped the grandma, and if the girl that didn't kill anyone got out of jail. Great read.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 26, 2015 10:53AM
  • The Innocent Witness (Protection Specialists, #1)
  • Trail of Lies (Texas Ranger Justice, #4)
  • Lost Legacy (Treasure Seekers #1)
  • The Widow's Protector (Fitzgerald Bay, #4)
  • Danger on the Mountain
  • Race Against Time
  • Face of Danger
  • Undercover Pursuit (Missions of Mercy #3)
  • Princess in Peril (Reclaiming The Crown, #1)
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • Fatal Secrets  (Protecting the Witnesses , #5)
  • Code of Justice
  • Double Identity
  • Dead Wrong

Heroes for Hire (9 books)
  • Running for Cover (Heroes for Hire, #1)
  • Running Scared (Heroes for Hire, #2)
  • Running Blind (Heroes for Hire, #3)
  • Lone Defender (Heroes for Hire, #4)
  • Private Eye Protector (Heroes for Hire, #5)
  • Navy SEAL Rescuer (Heroes for Hire, #7)
  • Fugitive (Heroes for Hire, #8)
  • Defender for Hire (Heroes for Hire, #9)