Start by marking “The Detective's Secret Daughter (Fitzgerald Bay, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Detective's Secret Daughter (Fitzgerald Bay, #3)

The Detective's Secret Daughter (Fitzgerald Bay #3)

4.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  156 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
It's been ten years since Victoria Evans left Owen Fitzgerald and Fitzgerald Bay behind. Now she's returned, looking for a safe place for herself and her nine-year-old daughter. A daughter who bears a striking resemblance to Owen. Why would Victoria keep their child a secret? Owen wants answers, but has to focus on the murder that's rocked Fitzgerald Bay. And when Victoria ...more
Published March 6th 2012 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Detective's Secret Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Detective's Secret Daughter

Judy
Jan 16, 2016 Judy rated it it was amazing
The Detective’s Secret Daughter by Rachelle McCalla
Fitzgerald Bay Series Book 3
Owen Fitzgerald loves his family and his town. As a police officer life has been a bit hectic lately. The murder of a nanny who was employed by his brother Charles has the town on edge and the Fitzgerald’s in the spotlight. On top of all that the one gal he ever loved has returned to town. Rumors have it that her daughter is Hank Monroe’s, a fellow officer. Seems the rumors may not have been what they seemed to be tho
Cathy Beckett
May 13, 2012 Cathy Beckett rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-books-read
Third book in Fitzgerald Bay series. McCalla writes the middle brother, Owen, story. The book opens with hotel/cafe owner, Victoria Evans, running down the street after making a cookie delivery to her business. Her safe has been broken into and her 9 year old daughter has called the police.

Owen Fitzgerald has come to check things out. He sees his girlfriend from high school and her daughter. Her daughter Paige has called the police. Owen interviews Paige and realizes that he is her father. Some
Gail
Apr 26, 2012 Gail rated it really liked it
This is the 3rd book in the Fitzgerald Bay series. I am liking it so far.I probably would have never started this series if I hadn't won the second book in the series in a first reads free giveaway. I am loving this series. I had it figured out who was terrorizing the Sugar Plum Cafe. I just can't seem to figure out who is trying to frame Charles for the murder. I think I might know but I guess I will have to wait and see or see if my idea changes. Looking forward to reading the other half of th ...more
Evelyn
Jul 05, 2012 Evelyn rated it it was amazing
This Love Inspired suspense is a really good clean, quick, story. There seems to have been six different books released in 2012 in this series, each written by a different author. The series is about law enforcement siblings fighting for justice and family on Fitzgerald Bay. I checked the website and it seems there is something called the LIS that unites these authors who don't meet physically, but hand off the series to the next author after finishing their portion which is primarily about one ...more
Rachelle
Jan 15, 2013 Rachelle rated it really liked it
The Detective's Secret Daughter is a stand-alone book within a group of books called Fitzgerald Bay. The characters are common throughout the books but they are written by different people. This book has romance and suspense as a body is found and the guilty party has to be found. It also solves a crime that everyone thought was already solved. I must admit I picked up this book because the author and I have the same first name. I certainly am glad I did.
Nina
Apr 26, 2012 Nina rated it it was amazing
Another very good book in this series of six, so it's not too expensive to own. Again set in Fitzgerald Bay, a woman left as a girl, comes back with a child, and starts a business only to have problems with the man that killed someone in the first book. This is another fast paced story, good characters too. Next one is The Widows’ Protector which I am reading now.

Matthew Morgan
Mar 25, 2012 Matthew Morgan rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-read
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I became attached to the characters and found myself wanting to know what happened and unable to put the book down until I did. A very nice story too.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes a murder mystery with romance included or the other way round. You'll find yourself unable to put it down too.
Judine
Jul 24, 2012 Judine rated it it was amazing
I really like how Owen and Victoria's relationship is rekindled when Owen learns of their daughter. This is especially true since they both are trying to do what's best for Paige, and their renewed love comes about as a result of their time together.
Nellie
Aug 23, 2012 Nellie rated it really liked it
I love this series. Clean, christian values, with romance, and suspense. Fun series, each book by a different author.
Janis Kay
Oct 17, 2012 Janis Kay rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-fic
Another great read in this awesome series:) Can't wait to get to the rest!
Mistyblue
Sep 23, 2012 Mistyblue rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
Loved it!
Robin
Aug 12, 2012 Robin rated it liked it
My first time reading this author. Victoria Evans returns to Fitzgerald Bay after being away for ten years, to run an inn and raise her daughter, Paige - and to introduce her to her father, when the time is right. Owen Fitzgerald, a police officer, was in love with Victoria when they were in high school, but on the night that her father crashed his car into Owen's cousin's car, killing both drivers, Victoria left town. As did Hank Monroe, who also had a thing for Victoria, and who is now a polic ...more
Judith
Nov 11, 2014 Judith rated it liked it
I've read a few of this author's books and this is definitely not her best book. I found it slow, hard to keep me motivated in finishing it. In fact, I walked away from it a number of times to read another book. I also didn't see where much of the book has anything to do with the Fitzgerald murder mystery. It is an ongoing mystery, and should have been part of this book.
Darlene Torday
Feb 23, 2014 Darlene Torday rated it really liked it
Well written continuing story by different authors. Each main character is a member of the same family. This author did well in keeping the story flowing and interweaving the past history of the hero and heroine and why the hero never knew he had a daughter. One of the books I felt compelled to keep reading as quick as I could to see what would happen next.
Hannah Verville
Aug 18, 2015 Hannah Verville rated it really liked it
This is the first book of the series that I have read so they were obviously holes of the story that I did not understand. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed the story and the character development. It was a nice easy read one day and would be willing to read more of the series.
Courtney
Feb 06, 2016 Courtney rated it really liked it
Really good build up of suspense. My only complaint is that the last page was a quick jumble which I felt would have flowed better if it had taken an extra page or two and gone a little slower. Wish it was mandatory to put book 3 of 5 and ends with loose ends
PAM WILLIAMS
Feb 04, 2015 PAM WILLIAMS rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

The story line kept me involved and was hard to put down. I am truly enjoying this series. Looking forward to next book in series.
Anne
Apr 13, 2014 Anne rated it it was amazing
Great story with a very interesting mystery and lots of action. Will definiteltly read the rest on the series.
Janell
May 29, 2012 Janell rated it liked it
This line of suspense/romance books from Steeple Hill are very simple, Christian and clean. This is the third in the Fitzgerald Bay series. The main mystery was solved but the second underlying mystery is still ongoing. This one seemed a little far-fetched to me. Even the title was a bit dramatic; or perhaps I've just been reading too many of this type of mystery. :-)

Ok for a quick, simple read but not a lot different from other books in this genre. Probably 2 1/2 stars.
Kerri
I won a copy of this book through the Goodreads First Look Giveaway. Despite the mystery not being much of a mystery this was not a bad read. To me it was pretty easy to pick out the bad guy. It was a decent story, clean, and had some Christian values packed in so it is something I would let my daughter read. I liked it enough that I wouldn't mind reading the other books in the series.
John Hanscom
Maybe 3 1/2. This review goes against others I have written in the past - I generally a n ot fnd of books that telegraph the ending. This book, however, was well enough written that, though it was fairly obvious WHAT would happen, I cared about HOW, and the people TO WHOM it was occurring. Not great literature, but a nice, sweet read.
Scharlotte
May 08, 2012 Scharlotte rated it it was ok
This is a quick super easy read, unfortunately I knew who was doing all the B&E about 5 chapeters in so there was no real "suspense" in it for me. Basically I read these books to shut my brain up at night so I can go to sleep! These type of books are great for that for me!
Jen
May 05, 2013 Jen rated it really liked it
It was good, but s lot of questions unanswered. its like the author ran out 8f time or ideas.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Fitzgerald Bay
Category: Inspirational Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Fitzgerald Bay
Category: Inspirational Romance
Lynn Spencer
DNF - just couldn't get into the secret baby plot
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Pearl T
Pearl T rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 18, 2015 01:21PM
  • The Lawman's Legacy (Fitzgerald Bay #1)
  • The Rookie's Assignment (Fitzgerald Bay, #2)
  • The Widow's Protector (Fitzgerald Bay, #4)
  • The Deputy's Duty (Fitzgerald Bay, #6)
  • The Black Sheep's Redemption (Fitzgerald Bay #5)
  • Trail of Lies (Texas Ranger Justice, #4)
  • Risky Reunion (Protecting the Witnesses, #6)
  • Formula for Danger (Sonoma, #2)
  • Dangerous Melody (Treasure Seekers #2)
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • Survive the Night (Lost-Inc., #1)
  • Point of No Return (Missions of Mercy, #1)

Fitzgerald Bay (6 books)
  • The Lawman's Legacy (Fitzgerald Bay #1)
  • The Rookie's Assignment (Fitzgerald Bay, #2)
  • The Widow's Protector (Fitzgerald Bay, #4)
  • The Black Sheep's Redemption (Fitzgerald Bay #5)
  • The Deputy's Duty (Fitzgerald Bay, #6)