Start by marking “Always in My Heart” as Want to Read:
Always in My Heart

Always in My Heart (Harts in Love #1)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  119 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Home is where her heart is...

The oldest of three adopted daughters, Callie Hart has always lo ved being the protector of the fa mily. But now she is all grown up—with a young son of her own to protect. Callie can’t wait to show him off when s he reunites with her two sisters in Ohio. But that also means coming face to face with the lover she left behind.

Nigel Williams is

Published April 17th 2012 by Harlequin Kimani

To ask other readers questions about Always in My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always in My Heart

willaful
An accident (or was it?) has left Callie more conscious of the fact that her son has only one parent, and coming home for her aunt's funeral is the perfect time to finally tell her ex that he has a child. Nigel is the perfect dad and the reasons they broke up don't seem very important anymore... but can Nigel ever forgive her for running away and lying to him?

If I were rating solely on the writing, I’d give this 2 1/2 stars. The style is bland and there’s a lot of grating repetition; when every
Debbie
This was a good story. Great start to the series. Loved the romance between Nigel and Callie. Can't wait to read the other two.
Toni
The three Hart sisters have been estranged for years because of an argument between Natalie and Deanna (oldest sister Callie didn't want to choose sides). When their Aunt Jeannie, who raised them after their mother dropped them off and disappeared, dies, they reunite in Ohio for her funeral. Dealing with the death of someone so dear to them forces the sisters to confront what has kept them apart and that includes the secret that Callie, who years ago ran away to live in Florida, has kept from ev ...more
Lady Raven RAVE!

BRIEF SUMMARY

After almost ten years, Callie has return home with her son to attend a funeral and to connect with family and friends, in particular, Nigel, her ex boyfriend that she left behind so long agao. Now that she has seen him she has a secret to tell him.

THOUGHTS
This was a sweet story about reunited love. Although I found it to be sweet, I thought it was ok. The flow of the story and the storyline between Nigel and Callie had simplicity to it th
Kimberly
Kayla Perrin always give you good love stories. This one was a little different in the since of the character finding out about the secret on his own, but was told up front. I really liked that.
Kristi
Very cute contemp love story!
Tia
This book had quite a bit going on in it. A missing mom, abandoned kids, sibling rivalry, aunt's funeral, stalker husband, car accident, long lost love and a runaway pregnant young woman. It was an interesting read. Although, I wasn't impressed and the storyline didn't pull me in. The pacing was okay but with so much going on I felt like I never got into the meat and potatoes of the story. The romance revolves around Callie and Nigel. They were once mad about one another but are now coming toget ...more
Rhonda
4 STARS
You never know what a person is feeling or why they do something without asking and being honest yourself.
I liked Always in My Heart the first book about 3 sisters who have been away from each other over 8 years ago.
A lot of the Hart Sister's problems are thier mom dropped them at her sister's and told them she would be back soon. So
far they have not heard from her since she abandon them.
Callie Hart has just arrived to her Aunt's funeral she has not been back for over 8 years, She only s
Barb Klein
“Always in My Heart” by Kayla Perrin was not my first choice of a great book. Sisters Callie, with son Kwame in tow, Natalie and Deanna are together in their hometown of Cleveland after a long estrangement for the funeral of their aunt who acted as their surrogate mother when their own mother abandoned them. No one knew about 9 year old Kwame because Callie left town when she learned that she was pregnant. In the ensuing years, she made a new life for herself and her son. Kwame’s father Nigel, d ...more
Melody Fuller
I liked this book and am looking forward to reading the rest of the series. Oh I wish I had more hours in the day to really read more. It takes me a really long time to get through a book now. I've totally turned into an audiobook book fanatic. Too bad this title isn't on audio and available in my library. I know shame on me for not reading in print book more often. It's just not enough hours in a day and with the audio format I can read and work too it's a really pleasurable experience too like ...more
Kim
This was a good read. I like how it got down to the big storyline surprise with Callie & Nigel right away and didn't wait 10 or 15 chapters to do so. It really kept me interested, and not reading chapter after chapter waiting for the big reveal. Nigel was a strong character. He had every reason to be royally pissed about his situation, but he really kept it all together and showed himself to be a remarkable man. Callie, her whole angle was a bit weird and I really didn't understand the whole ...more
Judith
4 out of 5. A compelling romance that deals with the inner struggles of three sisters to find their way back to one another after over a decade of estrangement, while two former lovers must deal with the needs of their son, a youngster who has formerly been unknown to his father and a kid who really is smart and open about his needing the connection his father provides. It's a really entertaining book and one that lovers of romance, especially interracial romance should read.
Dafort
Always in My Heart is the first installment to Kayla Perrin's Heart series and it was a good read. Nigel and Callie were college sweethearts that a disagreement led to Callie leaving and keeping a secret from Nigel. It takes a life altering event and a funeral for Callie to realize she must reveal her secret to family and Nigel. Callie is reunited with her sisters and must try to make amends with the man she loves.
Reshemah
Very good start to the series. This book really draws you in to the drama that you know is going to unfold in the rest of the series. I like how it was more going on in the book besides the Hero and Heroine's problem. I look forward to reading about the other two sisters and I want a book about Tamara and one about Marshal.
Theresa
Not bad but I had a difficult time believing that none of her family would ask her questions concerning her son and her not returning home for 10 years.I could actually believe her son not asking questions considering I have experienced what her son went through.
Danielle
This is a good book. I loved Nigel's strength even though Callie did him extremely wrong. The reason for Callie's disappearance did not seem strong enough for her actions to me. But in all, I think Nigel was the character that carried the book.
Marilyn Diamond
I love a great romance book when the twists and turns come together.. Excellent I can't wait to find out more information regarding their mother.
Charlotte
Loved this book. Enjoyed the characters Nigel and Callie and the way their storyline was developed.
Sonia
Enjoyed the storyline all the emotions flowing thru the book seemed real u also felt it.
Cf
First book by author will continue series.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Harts in Love
Lyrical Honey
Lyrical Honey marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Sylvia
Sylvia marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Sweet Southern Nights (Kimani Romance)
  • Diamond Dreams
  • Pleasure Rush
  • Desire a Donovan
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General)
  • Imagine Us
  • Private Arrangements( Steele Series, #10)
  • Our First Dance
  • To Desire a Wilde (Wilde In Wyoming, #3)
  • The Beautiful Ones
  • Kiss Me, I'm Irish
Obsession Getting Even The Sisters of Theta Phi Kappa: A Novel Getting Some We'll Never Tell