Shades of Truth

Shades of Truth

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  16 reviews
MISSION: HIDDEN IDENTITY
Big city detective Ethan Reed is working deep undercover at a Christian youth detention center. The kind of place he spent some harrowing time in as a kid. Ethan’s mission: ferret out who’s recruiting resident teens for a drug ring. He expects help from the lovely, devoted director of Hope Manor. But Kim Corbett won’t tell Ethan anything— even when...more
Published March 6th 2012 by Love Inspired (first published March 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Shades of Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shades of Truth

Katy Lee
Non-Stop Action!

This book did not lull at any point. There was always something to pay attention to, and the surprises around many corners kept you guessing. I love Sandra's many play on words. Her writing is so creative and visual. She knows exactly how to say the right amount of words, and in many cases with the right amount of humor, to get her point across.

This is the second book in her Undercover Series, and she has proven to have what it takes to take it on. I loved her hero's inner confli...more
Jessica Nelson
I really enjoyed reading Shades of Truth. Orchard's underlying themes of truth and forgiveness in a undercover policeman scenario has always interested me, but what I love most about this book is that I had no clue who the villain would be!
The story is about Kim, a compassionate youth worker who is trying to save her father's facility for troubled youths from losing its funding. Enter Ethan, the undercover policeman determined to unearth who is recruiting young kids from the facility to deal dru...more
Betti
Well written, with characters that kept me wondering which one would turn out to be the villain. I really felt for the hero as he struggled with forgiveness, and found the spiritual references give us all something to ponder. I really enjoyed this book, and look forward to reading more by this author!
Melanie
I debated on whether to give this 4.5 or 5 stars, but since the story was so good, I decided on 5.

One thing I particularly liked was how Ginny (from Deep Cover) was is this book. It was great to see how things were with her.

The characters in Shades of Truth were great! I loved Ethan - he was my favorite character in this book. Kim was another great character, but she sometimes frustrated me because she didn't tell Ethan all of what had happened at the time.

The mystery is Shades of Truth was rea...more
Alison
I really enjoyed this. The characters were well developed, and there was good chemistry between the h/h. I liked the mystery aspect of the story as well. Sometimes these "suspense" imprints aren't all that suspenseful, but this one was full of action and kept me guessing.

On the spiritual side, I liked this book's message. Secrets and guilt really are terrible burdens, and just about every character was struggling to come to terms with choices they made.
Dancer
MISSION: HIDDEN IDENTITY
Big city detective Ethan Reed is working deep undercover at a Christian youth detention center. The kind of place he spent some harrowing time in as a kid. Ethan's mission: ferret out who's recruiting resident teens for a drug ring. He expects help from the lovely, devoted director of Hope Manor. But Kim Corbett won't tell Ethan anything-- even when she's threatened and attacked. When Ethan discovers what Kim is protecting, his guarded heart opens just a bit wider. Enough...more
Kav
This edge-of-your-seat suspense has enough sharp turns to give you whiplash! Orchard keeps her readers on their toes from the very first action-packed scene. My head was spinning with possible suspects...or maybe it was because of the hunky hero, Ethan Reed. Talk about a knight in shining armor exploding onto the scene! Every girl's dream -- except for Kim's. Not that she doesn't appreciate an attractive man with a rescue gene. What girl wouldn't? But life's too complicated to go there...right?...more
Vivian
Ethan comes in like a knight in shining armor and ends up needing some rescuing of his own.
Anne Gooch
This is a good suspense/love story (more of a suspense to me). I normally don't read the Love Inspired books but I picked some up while back for .50 a book at the used book store for quick reads and to give to friends/family. I was waiting for a book to come in so I decided to try this book and I really did enjoy this book and I will be looking for more from this author and the Undercover Cops.

Shades of Truth had me from start to the end and I would keep saying I will go to bed after this chapte...more
Debbie Heaton
In Orchard’s inspirational romantic suspense, detective Ethan Reed is undercover at a youth detention center similar to the one he grew up in. His mission: determine who is recruiting resident teens for a local drug ring. The director, Kim Corbett is resistive in cooperating with the detective especially after she is attacked. When Ethan stumbles across the reason for her uncooperative behavior, he realizes this is probably the most dangerous assignment he has ever pursued.

A good addition to the...more
Kelley
Well it is 2:00 am and I just finished this book. I began it at 5:00pm yesterday. I really enjoyed the suspense of the story . . . Wondering if everyone would be alright in the end. The characters felt like real people that you wanted to care for and could not just put the book down and leave. My only problem was I wish that there was a bit more of an extension of time at the end. Well now I will have to get the first book of the series.
Eva Hamilton
I had no idea who the villain was until the end of the book!
Very likeable characters with a touching sub-plot that dealt with a dying family member.
A great read!
Loree Huebner
Romantic Suspense and more...I enjoyed Shades of Truth. Sandra is a novelist to watch. I look forward to reading her 3 book series from Revell coming next summer.
John Hanscom
Maybe a little less, but this was one of the better ones - good story, well written, and without poor editing.
Kereasa Reynolds
Great story. Non-stop action. Loved how Sandra Orchard kept you guessing what was to happen next.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Undercover Cops
Category: Inspirational Romance
Reba
Reba marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Emma Lou
Emma Lou marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Dkbahr
Dkbahr added it
Aug 12, 2014
Kathi Poplar
Kathi Poplar marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Susan Strohmaier
Susan Strohmaier marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Debra
Debra added it
Jun 23, 2014
Megan 'ross' charlton
Megan 'ross' charlton marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Love Inspired Books: Love Inspired Suspense Giveaway! 2 14 Apr 02, 2012 01:31PM
The Sweetest Roma...: Halrequin Love Inspired Giveaway! 1 4 Mar 26, 2012 09:17AM
Fans of Christian...: Goodreads Giveaway Feb 26-Mar4 7 7 Feb 26, 2012 12:32PM
I live in rural Ontario with my real-life hero husband, college-age children, and a young husky with a fetish for rubber boots and remote controls.

Although I taught high school math before starting my family, my childhood dream of becoming a writer never strayed far from my thoughts. I dabbled in writing how-to articles and book reviews, but for many years, needlecrafts, painting, and renovating...more
More about Sandra Orchard...
Deadly Devotion (Port Aster Secrets, #1) Blind Trust Deep Cover Critical Condition Fatal Inheritance