Start by marking “Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation” as Want to Read:
Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation

Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation (Scandal in the Spotlight #1)

Red Carpet Confession!

Getting falsely arrested feels like a scene from a bad movie for rising star Lily Wild – especially when she discovers the conditions of her release: round-the-clock surveillance by world-class lawyer Tristan Garrett. Ignoring her attraction to the sinfully sexy man who crushed her youthful heart is getting harder by the minute!

Lily belongs to Tristan
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #3064, Scandal in the Spotlight Miniseries, 192 pages
Published May 2012 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation

Saly
An impressive debut by the author. Like all M&B's it has ingredients, like the hero judging to conclusions about the heroine, since he met her at 14 and saw she had a joint, the kiss they shared at 17 & then him kicking her out since he sees her with drugs & then believing her reputation, after all her parents were known drug users and her step-father's parties wild. He wants to shelter his little sister who was friends with her.

Six years later his sister is getting married and she's
Vashti
May 06, 2012 Vashti rated it it was amazing
Excellent debut novel by Michelle Conder.Enjoyed the heroine Lily and Tristan,the hero.There was sexual tension from the moment these two meet again after six years apart.Tristan helps to free Lilly from drug charges and she is placed in his custody untill everything gets settled.Lily is an actress and Tristan believes allthe pap press about her,untill he begins to realize that the stories were untrue.Enjoyed the dialogues between these two.Looking foreard to more futute stories by this author.
Booklover
Wonderful Emotional Second chance at love read,adored Lily,Tristan was jerk in start but redeemed himself as gets to know real Lily,both were hurt by their parents which coloured their present relation but enjoyed the journey from dislike to blossoming of love,all other secondary characters were fun,loved Lily-Jordana's friendship bond.

Overall a wonderful read
Recommend it
RLA
Mar 19, 2012 RLA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The hero Tristan is begged by his sister to try and get the heroine Lily freed from where she is being held after she was arrested for apparently smuggling drugs into the country. Tristan agrees but is less than happy about it as not only does he detest drug users, and he is certain Lily is one, but also has never approved of Lily and her wild ways. Lily is thankful that Tristan has been able to free her until he informs her that the condition of her release is that she has to remain in his cust ...more
Dalia
Mar 15, 2012 Dalia rated it it was amazing
Excellent debut for a very promising new author !!! You get sucked in from the very first page, the h/H are very likeable, even H s rude behavior towards h is justifiable in the storyline, & h, thou sweet, has backbone & stand up to H in every possible way, the attraction between h/H crackles all along & the simmering tension in every page of the book keeps you glued till the end . Can't wait for MC new book :-))
Sapheron
Very good first offering, and it helped that it was right up my alley (me love you long time). What really impressed me though was that most of the book was actually from the H's POV. We really got to know him, understand what made him tick and it definitely helped to see his explanation for some of the misjudgments he'd made about Lily. The world Michelle created was very faceted, there is the current stuff happening as well as very real consequences of what happened in the past in Lily's paren ...more
Kay
Mar 11, 2013 Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
4 Stars ~ Growing up with the notoriety of her celebrity parents drug overdose deaths, Lily has learnt not to let anyone see she cares. It's been six years since she's been home to London, and now returning to attend her best friend's wedding, Lily is detained at Heathrow because the sniffer dog has found narcotics in her tote bag. Her friend Jordana appeals to her brother to help Lily and with great reluctance Tristan agrees to help the drug addicted starlet. In his mind, Lily hasn't changed; s ...more
Tia
Mar 06, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it
Tristan had always despised Lily's behavior and when she was charged with having drugs in her bag coming back from Thailand, he thought it was typical. He had caught her with a joint when she was younger and caught her with cocaine when she was a teenager. When his sister begged him for help because she knew Lily didn't do it, he said he'd help but only because he loves his sister.

The only way Lily would be free is if she remained in Tristan's custody. He never believed in her at all, he always
Kate
May 20, 2012 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful debut book! It's so great when a new HP author can take some common HP tropes and make them new. This felt fresh and modern instead of the reworking the an old HP.
Alex is The Romance Fox
This is a great debut book for Michelle Conder.
Engaging characters...the hero, Tristan Garret, who just happens to be gorgeous titled (a duke complete with a beyond fabulous ancestral home!!!)and very rich is Lily Wild's (loved her name....Honey Blossom Lily)best friend's brother who she has been in love since she was a teenager.

He has a duty to continue the family's illustrious history by marrying the right woman ..read...rich, titled and so boring...and there is no chance whatsoever Lily fit
Jennie -  Webbweaver Reviews
Aug 18, 2012 Jennie - Webbweaver Reviews rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters, great hero and heroine, great story for putting them together under the same roof.
The hero, Tristan, is a pure alpha male. The heroine, Lily, maintains a quiet dignity throughout the story, despite being falsely pegged by the hero.
The coming together of these two is fabulously written emerging as really enjoyable read!
sbf20112011
Mar 06, 2012 sbf20112011 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars -- a great read. I liked the set-up and how the hero slowly came to see the heroine in a different light. It lacked a little oomph or something toward the end, which is why I knocked off half a star. But I still enjoyed it and was happy for the ending.
Jenny
Dec 28, 2012 Jenny rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this but I just couldn't. I think it's the plot that didn't appeal to me at all. I guess I am more into traditional old Harlequin themes and stories. This one was too modern for my old fashioned tastes.
Jen
Rating: 2.5/5

Pretty smexy stuff, discounting the hero's level of douchebaggery in the first half, which mysteriously mellowed to (melo-)(over-)dramatic levels by the end. So the hero makes no sense, so what?
Beth
May 19, 2012 Beth rated it liked it
Good first book. Will definitely look for her next one.
Could have done without the drug search scene. Really crossed a "ick" line for me.
Liked Lily a lot.
Vanessa
Jul 17, 2013 Vanessa rated it really liked it
Amber
The were two things that brought this story up from a one star (because most of it just PISSED me OFF). One was the very end, the confession scene. I liked it. Too bad he was such a douchebag for the rest of the story. I know a lot of women like that kind of hero, the protective douchebag who lets his prejudices blind him, but I just wanted to kick him in the balls. Repeatedly. If you like that kind of alpha guy, you'll like this story. If you're like me you'll enjoy fantasizing about beating hi ...more
Zainab
This is my first book written by the author, I loved it! The hero was all alpha and brilliant. He made his mistakes and corrected them. He figured out his own misunderstandings and apologised which is certainly new! The h was strong, resilient to insults and character defamation but she was sweet,innocent and vulnerable. She was the 'to love only once' type of girl. She waited her whole life for him and probably would if he rejected her. I adored the way she camouflaged her pain when he spoke ag ...more
Mlleelizabeth
Sep 18, 2012 Mlleelizabeth rated it it was amazing
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Summerita Rhayne
Oct 23, 2014 Summerita Rhayne rated it it was amazing
Crackling chemistry, sparkling dialogue and a well executed conflict. There's a lot to like in this book. The actor heroine and aristocratic lawyer hero who are connected through his sister being her friend, provide a refreshing change from the usual business tycoons and self made business women now usually found in Hqns.
Fiza
Mar 20, 2015 Fiza rated it liked it
quite liked the story!!
ofcourse a virgin heroine and the childhood lovestory is not new but the plot was a bit different. the characters were portrayed well except for the hero of the story who was quite difficult to figure out.
i hate such stories where the lead character is not known to the reader but yet the story had an edge. did complete it in a day, so strongly recommended!
Ayana
Mar 11, 2012 Ayana rated it liked it
3.5/5 STARS
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Scandal in the Spotlight
Category: Classic Romance
Mavis
Apr 03, 2013 Mavis rated it it was amazing
Love is always there, I like this books, because there's a lot of romance and drama
Tracie
Jun 25, 2012 Tracie rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
This was a good debut book and I'll look for the next when this author writes another book. I liked the back story and the set up. The characters were interesting and the story had a good flow.
Roanne
Sep 24, 2016 Roanne rated it really liked it
Having a bit of a reading drought but loved this book. I can always rely on a Mills & Boon to keep the bookworm hunger alive.
Great read from this author.
Dalyia
Jun 20, 2012 Dalyia rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, harlequin
I really enjoyed this book, it is a brilliant debut. The story is very fresh and totally twenty-first century in style.
Leona
Mar 13, 2012 Leona rated it really liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
A terrific first novel with strong protagonists and a very refreshing storyline. I will anxiously await more from this author.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Another fun, sexy HP read. The hero was bold. The heroine sassy. The supporting characters were-who cares?? His sister got on my nerves, actually. But that's just me.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Scandal in the Spotlight
Category: Classic Romance
  • Deserving of His Diamonds?
  • The Savakis Mistress (Modern Romance, #889)
  • Doukakis's Apprentice
  • The Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • Captive but Forbidden
  • An Offer She Can't Refuse
  • Playing the Greek's Game (What His Money Can't Buy #2)
  • The Power and the Glory (The Marshalls, #2)
  • A Christmas Night to Remember
  • In Bed with a Stranger (The Fitzroy Legacy #2)
  • The Playboy of Puerto Banus
  • The Restless Billionaire (Bad Blood #3)
  • The Power of Vasilii (Russian Rivals #2)
  • The Fearless Maverick (Bad Blood, #4)
  • Sex, Gossip and Rock & Roll
  • The Real Rio D'Aquila (Orisini Brides, #2)
After graduating from the University of Melbourne, Michelle Conder took a variety of jobs before packing her bags and traveling and working overseas. When none of the career opportunities she encountered grabbed her she returned to Australia and after more study decided to follow her lifelong dream of becoming a writer.

Michelle now lives in Melbourne with her husband and three children and when s
More about Michelle Conder...

Scandal in the Spotlight (6 books)
  • Heiress Behind the Headlines
  • Back in the Headlines
  • No More Sweet Surrender
  • A Game with One Winner
  • Rumors on the Red Carpet

“I didn't hear you complaining last night.'
'That's because I wasn't,' she argued.
'Then what's the problem?' he asked aggressively.
'There is no problem. We had a good time and now it's over.'
'Just like that?'