Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation

Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  150 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Red Carpet Confession!

Getting falsely arrested feels like a scene from a bad movie for rising star Lily Wild – especially when she discovers the conditions of her release: round-the-clock surveillance by world-class lawyer Tristan Garrett. Ignoring her attraction to the sinfully sexy man who crushed her youthful heart is getting harder by the minute!

Lily belongs to Tristan...more
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #3064, Scandal in the Spotlight Miniseries, 192 pages
Published May 2012 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireLosing It by Cora CarmackPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
Modern Day Virgin Heroines
87th out of 477 books — 213 voters
A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley ColeBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireLothaire by Kresley ColeFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesDevil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas
The One and Only
476th out of 492 books — 214 voters

More lists with this book...

Saly
An impressive debut by the author. Like all M&B's it has ingredients, like the hero judging to conclusions about the heroine, since he met her at 14 and saw she had a joint, the kiss they shared at 17 & then him kicking her out since he sees her with drugs & then believing her reputation, after all her parents were known drug users and her step-father's parties wild. He wants to shelter his little sister who was friends with her.

Six years later his sister is getting married and she's...more
Vashti
Excellent debut novel by Michelle Conder.Enjoyed the heroine Lily and Tristan,the hero.There was sexual tension from the moment these two meet again after six years apart.Tristan helps to free Lilly from drug charges and she is placed in his custody untill everything gets settled.Lily is an actress and Tristan believes allthe pap press about her,untill he begins to realize that the stories were untrue.Enjoyed the dialogues between these two.Looking foreard to more futute stories by this author.
Booklover
Wonderful Emotional Second chance at love read,adored Lily,Tristan was jerk in start but redeemed himself as gets to know real Lily,both were hurt by their parents which coloured their present relation but enjoyed the journey from dislike to blossoming of love,all other secondary characters were fun,loved Lily-Jordana's friendship bond.

Overall a wonderful read
Recommend it
RLA
The hero Tristan is begged by his sister to try and get the heroine Lily freed from where she is being held after she was arrested for apparently smuggling drugs into the country. Tristan agrees but is less than happy about it as not only does he detest drug users, and he is certain Lily is one, but also has never approved of Lily and her wild ways. Lily is thankful that Tristan has been able to free her until he informs her that the condition of her release is that she has to remain in his cust...more
Dalia
Excellent debut for a very promising new author !!! You get sucked in from the very first page, the h/H are very likeable, even H s rude behavior towards h is justifiable in the storyline, & h, thou sweet, has backbone & stand up to H in every possible way, the attraction between h/H crackles all along & the simmering tension in every page of the book keeps you glued till the end . Can't wait for MC new book :-))
Sapheron
Very good first offering, and it helped that it was right up my alley (me love you long time). What really impressed me though was that most of the book was actually from the H's POV. We really got to know him, understand what made him tick and it definitely helped to see his explanation for some of the misjudgments he'd made about Lily. The world Michelle created was very faceted, there is the current stuff happening as well as very real consequences of what happened in the past in Lily's paren...more
Tia
Tristan had always despised Lily's behavior and when she was charged with having drugs in her bag coming back from Thailand, he thought it was typical. He had caught her with a joint when she was younger and caught her with cocaine when she was a teenager. When his sister begged him for help because she knew Lily didn't do it, he said he'd help but only because he loves his sister.

The only way Lily would be free is if she remained in Tristan's custody. He never believed in her at all, he always...more
Kay
4 Stars ~ Growing up with the notoriety of her celebrity parents drug overdose deaths, Lily has learnt not to let anyone see she cares. It's been six years since she's been home to London, and now returning to attend her best friend's wedding, Lily is detained at Heathrow because the sniffer dog has found narcotics in her tote bag. Her friend Jordana appeals to her brother to help Lily and with great reluctance Tristan agrees to help the drug addicted starlet. In his mind, Lily hasn't changed; s...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
This is a great debut book for Michelle Conder.
Engaging characters...the hero, Tristan Garret, who just happens to be gorgeous titled (a duke complete with a beyond fabulous ancestral home!!!)and very rich is Lily Wild's (loved her name....Honey Blossom Lily)best friend's brother who she has been in love since she was a teenager.

He has a duty to continue the family's illustrious history by marrying the right woman ..read...rich, titled and so boring...and there is no chance whatsoever Lily fit...more
Jennie
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters, great hero and heroine, great story for putting them together under the same roof.
The hero, Tristan, is a pure alpha male. The heroine, Lily, maintains a quiet dignity throughout the story, despite being falsely pegged by the hero.
The coming together of these two is fabulously written emerging as really enjoyable read!
sbf20112011
4.5 stars -- a great read. I liked the set-up and how the hero slowly came to see the heroine in a different light. It lacked a little oomph or something toward the end, which is why I knocked off half a star. But I still enjoyed it and was happy for the ending.
Jen
Rating: 2.5/5

Pretty smexy stuff, discounting the hero's level of douchebaggery in the first half, which mysteriously mellowed to (melo-)(over-)dramatic levels by the end. So the hero makes no sense, so what?
Beth
Good first book. Will definitely look for her next one.
Could have done without the drug search scene. Really crossed a "ick" line for me.
Liked Lily a lot.
Vanessa
Amber
The were two things that brought this story up from a one star (because most of it just PISSED me OFF). One was the very end, the confession scene. I liked it. Too bad he was such a douchebag for the rest of the story. I know a lot of women like that kind of hero, the protective douchebag who lets his prejudices blind him, but I just wanted to kick him in the balls. Repeatedly. If you like that kind of alpha guy, you'll like this story. If you're like me you'll enjoy fantasizing about beating hi...more
Mlleelizabeth
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Jenny
I really wanted to like this but I just couldn't. I think it's the plot that didn't appeal to me at all. I guess I am more into traditional old Harlequin themes and stories. This one was too modern for my old fashioned tastes.
Tracie
This was a good debut book and I'll look for the next when this author writes another book. I liked the back story and the set up. The characters were interesting and the story had a good flow.
Toni Davids
Absolutely adored this story. One of THE best HP's I've ever read. Unique premise. Fantastic characterisation and a superb writing style that draws you in and keeps you hooked. Highly recommended.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Another fun, sexy HP read. The hero was bold. The heroine sassy. The supporting characters were-who cares?? His sister got on my nerves, actually. But that's just me.
Leona
A terrific first novel with strong protagonists and a very refreshing storyline. I will anxiously await more from this author.
Dalyia
I really enjoyed this book, it is a brilliant debut. The story is very fresh and totally twenty-first century in style.
Yosira
It has been a long time since I read a really good book from M&B.
My top M&B book in 2012
Mavis Alvarado
Love is always there, I like this books, because there's a lot of romance and drama
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Scandal in the Spotlight
Category: Classic Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Scandal in the Spotlight
Category: Classic Romance
Rizka F  Ryuichi Asami
uwwww covernya keren ... harus beli ini ...
Ayana
  • Enemies at the Altar
  • The Sultan's Choice
  • Unlocking her Innocence
  • His Majesty's Mistake
  • The Fearless Maverick (Bad Blood, #4)
  • Strangers in the Desert (The Al Dhakir Brothers #1)
  • The Real Rio D'Aquila (Orisini Brides, #2)
  • Once a Ferrara Wife... (Ferrara #1)
  • A Spanish Awakening
  • The Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • Craving the Forbidden (The Fitzroy Legacy #1)
  • The Good, the Bad and the Wild (Brothers & Sisters, #3)
  • Sex, Gossip and Rock & Roll
  • The Return of the Renegade (The Scandalous St. Claires #1)
  • Forgotten Daughter (Bad Blood, #7)
  • An Indecent Proposition
  • A  Royal World Apart (Call of Duty, #1)
After graduating from the University of Melbourne, Michelle Conder took a variety of jobs before packing her bags and traveling and working overseas. When none of the career opportunities she encountered grabbed her she returned to Australia and after more study decided to follow her lifelong dream of becoming a writer.

Michelle now lives in Melbourne with her husband and three children and when s...more
More about Michelle Conder...
Living the Charade His Last Chance at Redemption Duty At What Cost? The Most Expensive Lie of All Socialite's Gamble (The Chatsfield, #3)