Start by marking “The Taming of the Rogue” as Want to Read:
The Taming of the Rogue

The Taming of the Rogue

Anna Barrett is more comfortable filling tankards at the White Heron Theater than shopping for corsets. Her "take no prisoners" attitude has earned her a tough reputation. Where she was once innocent and naive, now she's vowed never to be ensnared by a man again. Except Robert Alden is not just any man….

Gorgeous, dashing and decidedly reckless, this playwright has left a t
Paperback, Harlequin Historical #1090, 288 pages
Published April 17th 2012 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Taming of the Rogue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Taming of the Rogue

The One by Kiera CassMy Name Is Rapunzel by K.C. HiltonEnchanted by Alethea KontisThe Captive Maiden by Melanie DickersonEntwined by Heather Dixon
Wrapped in Clouds
29th out of 411 books — 77 voters
The Secret Keeper by Sandra ByrdTo Die For by Sandra ByrdAt the Mercy of the Queen by Anne Clinard BarnhillThe Boleyn King by Laura AndersenRoses Have Thorns by Sandra Byrd
Best Tudor dresses
48th out of 143 books — 57 voters

More lists with this book...

Fedora
Apr 20, 2014 Fedora rated it really liked it
An enjoyable read of seeming opposites.

Rob Alden is a handsome actor and playwright with the troupe that Anna Barrett's father oversees. Anna prefers to avoid the limelight and keeps the books and ably manages her father's household and the troupe from the background. While Rob's looks and clever manner do capture her eye, she knows how popular he is with the ladies and assumes that he'll never return her regard.

But Rob's hiding secrets, and eventually some of those pull Anna into his circles, e
Amy
Nov 12, 2014 Amy rated it liked it
I'd actually like to rate this at 3 1/2 stars. Robert Alden is a playwright and poet in the Shakespearean period. (The male model on the front cover even slightly resembles Joseph Fiennes from the movie "Shakespeare in Love"). But that's where the similarity ends between the book and movie. Anna and her father manage the theatre where Robert and other actors work. There is a lot of well-written visual detail and the love-making scenes are nice, and there was a bit of heart-string pulling for Ann ...more
Kate
Jun 02, 2014 Kate rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I went to high school with Amanda. Recently, I reconnected with her through Facebook, and when I indicated that I might like to pick her brain about her writing career I thought the least I could do was actually read one of her books.

I picked this one at random. It’s a short, light read filled with great descriptions, and the costuming.... She describes clothing so well I could almost feel it against my skin. Phrases like “buttons stuck in the stiff velvet” provide a delicious sort of pleasure.

I
Cindy
I really enjoyed this story. There was only a hint of suspense, but the story was more character driven, and how the hero and heroine dealt with their own baggage was compelling enough on its own to keep me reading. I would love to read more romances set in this time period, as the Elizabethan period was interesting and is sadly under-used.
Harlequin Books
"McCabe sweeps readers into the world of the Elizabethan theater, delighting us with a lively tale and artfully drawing on the era's backdrop of bawdy plays, wild actors and thrilling adventure." RT Bookreview, rated 4 stars

Read Excerpt
Amy
Dec 26, 2015 Amy rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this, because I felt as if it was short and sweet. Loved the hero and heroine; both very intriguing in their own ways. He had more to him than originally thought, and she was every bit the perfect girl to unlock him. Never read this author before, but I have a feeling I will be reading more of hers. ...more
Annie
Jul 21, 2012 Annie rated it it was amazing
A rich narrative that evokes a world long gone! Loved it even though I predicted who the villain was and how it would end.
Bluefly
Feb 03, 2013 Bluefly rated it it was ok
Che delusione, una noia mortale, non riesco nemmeno a finirlo. Dipende dai gusti, per carità, ma mi sa che io coi GRS ho chiuso.
erna
erna marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Lupus Umbra
Lupus Umbra marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Jorge Perez
Jorge Perez rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2016
Lo r n a J. Dodge
Lo r n a J. Dodge rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Roselle
Roselle rated it really liked it
May 24, 2016
merlene Garcia
merlene Garcia marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Debbie Toppan
Debbie Toppan rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2016
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Er1ka
Er1ka added it
Apr 25, 2016
Salma Bello
Salma Bello marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Celeste Lirette
Celeste Lirette marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Swathi Balasubramanian
Swathi Balasubramanian marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Viola Prins
Viola Prins marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Cindy mcguire
Cindy mcguire rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2016
Nathalie Michaud
Nathalie Michaud marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 04, 2015 08:15AM
  • An Escapade and An Engagement
  • A Dark and Brooding Gentleman
  • A Question of Impropriety
  • The Gamekeeper's Lady (Rakes in Disgrace, #1)
  • Captive of the Border Lord (Brunson Clan Trilogy #2)
  • Married to a Stranger
  • How to Disgrace a Lady (The Rakes Beyond Redemption #1)
  • Lady with the Devil's Scar
  • Lady Priscilla's Shameful Secret
  • At the Highlander's Mercy (The MacLerie Clan, #6)
  • Tempted by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #3)
  • The Last de Burgh (de Burgh, #7)
  • Outrageous Confessions of Lady Deborah
aka Laurel McKee (Amanda Carmack)

Amanda wrote her first romance at the age of sixteen--a vast historical epic starring all her friends as the characters, written secretly during algebra class (and her parents wondered why math was not her strongest subject...)

She's never since used algebra, but her books have been nominated for many awards, including the RITA Award, the Romantic Times BOOKReviews
More about Amanda McCabe...