Start by marking “Lady Priscilla's Shameful Secret” as Want to Read:
Lady Priscilla's Shameful Secret

Lady Priscilla's Shameful Secret (Ladies in Disgrace #3)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  153 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Outspoken Lady Priscilla is the only woman in London brave enough not to simper at Robert Magson. As the Duke of Reighland, he needs a wife and this captivating woman would surely keep life interesting!

Despite the obvious sexual attraction between them, Lady Priscilla doesn't wish to marry—ever—for she hides a shameful secret. Surely a duke deserves more than a ruined woma
Published April 17th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Lady Priscilla's Shameful Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Priscilla's Shameful Secret

Karyn Gerrard

Third book in a trilogy, a trilogy I certainly recommend. I preferred the first two books in this set, what garnered the 4 stars was the hero, Robert Magson, Duke of Reighland. A great bear of a man, he is not classically handsome, nor particularly poised, but he turns out to be swoonworthy and maybe too good for the heroine, who I was lukewarm about since book 2. When he goes into full "Duke" mode, I was cheering him on. Heartily recommend this trilogy, nicely done, Christine!
Cris
The first interaction between the hero & heroine was unique and promising. But I disliked the hero very quickly. (He's rather disappointed when he acknowledges to himself that "he could not exactly break [the heroine's] spirit with a rough bit and a whip." p. 39) Possibly the author intended to carry on the simile she'd established with the acquisitions of a wife as being similar to purchasing a horse. If so, she didn't succeed.

It's not the worst romance I've read. The writing itself is comp
Tonileg
So let's pretend that we are living about two hundred years ago and we're a well born young lady in London noble society....
What do you do when you have to hide the fact that you are no longer a chaste virgin, but your nasty mean father is in the midst of marring you off to the highest born title that he can arrange?
Well you try to sabotage the courtship with rude frank talk, but unfortunately and unbeknown to Lady Priscilla, the new Duke likes that kind of challenge so she only attracts him lik
Susan
I loved this book. Priscilla doesn't intend to marry. She foolishly eloped the previous year with an unsuitable man, did not marry him, and was assaulted by him in the process. She did this in an attempt to escape her father. Now she attends few functions, as her father won't allow her to attend anything where her sister is present (see Book 2 - Lady Drusilla's Road to Ruin), and he and her stepmother are pressuring her to marry. Her father has encouraged the Duke of Reighland, as a way to get r ...more
Marina Andreou
This is my second book of the Writer-Author Christine and believe me it worth it!!!!I want to say that is continue with the first book-LADY DRUSILLA'S ROAD TO RUIN.I didhnt know that.The company in Greece didhnt say nothing at all.I start with this book first.It was excellend.Fabulous..All the concept all the storie..i didhnt imagine that the book and expecially the hero and the heroine make me so badly finish in ONE day the book.What can i say for the hero Robert and how help the Lady Pricela w ...more
Mymyworm
Christine Merrill a encore une fois su m’embarquer dans l’aventure avec une héroïne qui, à la base, n’avait pas mon adhésion. Le duo que Priscilla forme avec Robert est délicieux. Au delà de l’histoire qui présente quelques longueurs, c’est cette tentation de chaque instant qui les anime et qui devient de plus en plus pressante qui est absolument enivrante.

Ma chronique : http://songedunenuitdete.com/2014/02/...
Michelle
I loved the humor in this series. I really think that I love the guys in this book in reverse order, as their personalities. I was glad to see that Priscilla grew up. As I said Robert was my fave. I think they were well suited. I enjoyed reading this series.
Nancy
This was an enjoyable Regency. Everybody loves a hero who believes he has flaws, yet still acts with honour and dignity. I would like to have met Robert, Duke of Reighland, myself! If you've a few hours to spare you will be drawn into the tale of the disgraced noblewoman, Priscilla, who finds true love with a man who has just been elevated to the highest ranks of the 'ton'. Robert's recent elevation to Dukedom means he can overlook the ostracism of the 'fallen woman' that was a part of the Regen ...more
Kirsti
This was in a two pact with the book I previously read "Society's most Scandalous Rake" and it was by far the better of the two- in fact, comparing them may have made me rate this one higher than I might have because I really did not enjoy the one before.

I really liked the back story to the main character, Priscilla. It seemed like a trap many young girls may have fallen into at the time. So a much better regency romance, and I would recommend this one to others.
Aspoon
This book was an okay read. I really enjoyed the authors "Inconvenient Wife" better. This book got a little long in the tooth for me...I mean it really should have ended by Chapter 13. It seem like the ending was rushed. The hero was off and on...one minute he was being such a sexy gentleman and just like a light switch he was being a rude jerk...I couldn't understand it...I like the book but I wouldn't read it again. And in a day or two I'll completely forget about it...
Katy Budget Books
Karla says: For some reason, I haven't read a Harlequin Historical in a long time. I had this in my TBR pile and was intrigued by the title. I was captivated from the first chapter and read the book in one sitting. I like the romance, and the hurtles each of the characters had to overcome. This is a book I did not want to end. Since I started with the third book of the series, now I need to find books one and two. Definite recommend..

Mem
Spoiled girl ruins herself with an ill advised plan of making her father send her sister and herself to one of his estates. Of course this does not go as planned, her sister marries and Priscilla is returned to their father. Now she is the center of gossip and her value on the marriage is gone. Her father's political savvy attracts a suitor. Twists and turns some expected others not, enjoyable read. I will look for more by this authou.
Karla Hodde
Countess Of
The heroine is snippy and bitchy and has made enough mistakes to be believable. The hero is alpha and strong but has his own demons from the past. The beauty of this story is the way the hero forces the heroine to become a stronger person rather than just sweeping her up in his arms and doing it for her. Good go-to-bed read.
Maya
This book could not be more frigid, blah and boring. Lady priscilla was the worst heroine I have ever read about. The only saving grace was His Grace Robert.
Priscilla was spoiled, self centered and shallow.
I keep imagining this book being told by robotic voices with no feelings or expressions.
Linda
This is the second novel I've read by the talented Christine Merrill, and once again it did not disappoint! With vibrant characters, witty dialogue and an engagingly fun plot, this regency romance is one not to be missed!
Nikoleta
Το συγκεκριμενο βιλιαρακι με ξαφνιασε με την καλη εννοια. Διοτι αν κ ξεκινησε ως βαρετο εξελιχθηκε σε αρκετα ευχαριστο, μπορω να πω οτι σε συγκεκριμενα σημεια πολυ πολυ ευχαριστο!!
Gail
Heroine eloped to Gretna Green, then changed her mind about ever marrying at all. But there's this Duke her dad wants to marry her off to... I thought this one was very well done.
Barbara
Not nearly as good as the first book, or even the second. I did not really like Priscilla but Robert was fine. Just a small story that wrapped up the series.
Amy
This is one of those books that's ok if you don't think about it too much....but if you give it some thought, it will really piss you off.
Welzen
No me ha terminado de gustar, algo superficial en determinados momentos.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Ladies in Disgrace
Category: Historical Romance
Carito Cárdenas guevara
De esta trilogía este fue el que más me gustó... muuy bueno!!
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Ladies in Disgrace
Carolyn Raich
Carolyn Raich marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Jahaira Rodriguez
Jahaira Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 22, 2015 09:24AM
  • How to Ruin a Reputation
  • Seduced by the Scoundrel
  • Some Like to Shock (Daring Duchesses, #2)
  • Montana Bride
  • An Escapade and An Engagement
  • Rake with a Frozen Heart
  • Unlacing the Innocent Miss (Regency Silk & Scandal, #6)
  • The Laird's Forbidden Lady (Gilvrys Of Dunross, #1)
  • The Last Cahill Cowboy (Cahill Cowboys, #4)
  • Unbuttoning Miss Hardwick
  • The Rake to Ruin Her
  • The Taming of the Rogue
  • Born to Scandal
  • Lady with the Devil's Scar
  • The Captain and the Wallflower
Christine Merrill has wanted to be an author for as long as she can remember. But one thing stood in her way: touch typing.

Six weeks spent on an IBM Selectric in her Sophomore year of high school proved that she would never be able to produce one readable page of manuscript, much less several hundred.

Twenty years passed, and she found ways to pass the time: marrying her high school sweetheart; hav
More about Christine Merrill...

Ladies in Disgrace (3 books)
  • Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception (Mills & Boon Historical)
  • Lady Drusilla's Road to Ruin
The Inconvenient Duchess (The Radwells #1) Miss Winthorpe's Elopement (Belston & Friends #1) Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception (Mills & Boon Historical) An Unladylike Offer Paying the Virgin's Price (Regency Silk & Scandal, #2)