Start by marking “A House Full of Hope” as Want to Read:
A House Full of Hope

A House Full of Hope

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Before becoming a Christian, Mark Ryker ran with a bad crowd and broke hearts. Including his father's. Now a successful businessman, Mark has come home to Corinthia, Georgia, to make amends. But no one will forgive him. So when the widowed mother of four renting his dad's run-down house needs help fixing up the place, Mark gets to work. Pretty Hannah Hughes and her sweet k ...more
Published January 24th 2012 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about A House Full of Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A House Full of Hope

Lindi Peterson
I LOVE this book by Missy Tippens. This book has everything. Family values, family drama, hunky hero---really, can it get any better? I love Missy's writing in all her books, and this one is no exception. You'll love Hannah's children. :) And you'll love the promise of hope that comes unexpectedly from a guy Hannah hasn't thought about in years. Great story--must read!!
Kristi
I got this book from the library. I swapped it with another one. This has great characters, even the kids were funny and sweet. By the end it was so sweet, books like this always make me smile. I love sweet harliquin books.
Julie
Jan 16, 2012 Julie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: inspirational, romance,

Prodigal son romances are tricky. Rarely is an author brave enough to flesh out a tale where an entire town and a heroine are hard pressed to forgive a hero. Missy Tippens has bravely tackled the theme and produced a fine tale of forgiveness and love hard won. A real page turner, A House Full of Hope is also full of those moments when the reader goes, “I’ve done that” or “I’ve thought the same thing.” Realistically paced and detailed, this romance is also as an excellent lesson in the difficulty
Christy  Lashea
I'd been looking forward to another book from Missy Tippens since I finished A Family for Faith. When A House Full of Hope was available at eharlequin.com, I jumped at the opportunity to get it. The official release is February 2012. I ordered this book with 3 others. Once it arrived, I knew I would read it first. But with the chronic mayhem in my house, it wasn't long before A House Full of Hope became lost in my House full of Clutter. My 2 year old son grabbed the book - probably attracted to ...more
Dora Hiers
Wow! I can see why this book is a RITA finalist! Missy Tippens really knows how to ratchet up the emotional conflict.

After overcoming a troubled youth and building up a successful business in Seattle, Mark Ryker returns to Georgia to apologize to his father for his past. Saddened by his father's rejection but knowing he's right where God wants him to be, Mark determines to stay in town until he can get his father to talk to him. To pass the time while his father works, Mark makes some much need
Kav
Tippens knows how to pull at the heartstrings of her readers! I was engaged from the very first page...and enraged! I love it when authors play around with my emotions and Tippens definitely did that when she chose this difficult subject matter. There is so much conflict and so many injustices that my stomach gets into knots just thinking about it. And that's the key to a really good story -- one that leaves you thinking about it days after you've read it.

There's an important inspirational mess
Ausjenny
Thanks Missy for my copy of this book, I won it at Seekerville.

I enjoyed this book. We see Mark Ryker coming back to his home town after being a troubled teen. He has left behind some issues that many in the town won't let him forget. Hannah is now the mother of 4 children and trying to make a safe home for her children in Mark's fathers house. Mark is back and wants his father back in his house and thinks coming back should sort everything out. What he doesn't count on is that its isn't that s
Juli Anna
great story!!

Forgiveness is the key and this story shows it's not always easy. You must persevere even when it hurts and without God I think true forgiveness is impossible.
Kara
This is not a review, but I really enjoyed this book in every way. I love stories of redemption after a character has messed up. Mark has been accepted Christ into his life, but now he has been convicted to return to his hometown to seek forgiveness from his family and friends. I believe that Missy writes realistically how every character responds and how the journey of forgiveness really transpires. It doesn't happen overnight, but with prayer and love it's worth going after.
The kids in the sto
Jennifer Wilck
Very sweet read. Well written and the characters were lovely.
Claire Lyman
Maybe giving it a two star rating is a bit mean. I mean, it's really good in its genre. Readers want heroes with golden eyes (golden eyes? Can someone explain that to me please?) and strong arms, who work to earn others' forgiveness. And in real life I want that too. In real life I'd also take the cheesy lines. But what can I say? i'm a literary fiction girl. But it kept me reading (which is more than some lierary fiction does) and had me rooting for them, and there were a couple of times I well ...more
Wendy Sparkes
From Black Sheep to Father of Four

Lovely story of grace, forgiveness & restoration.
Lynsay
This book was amazing. I got really into it and didn't want to put it down, so I finished it in about 2 hours. It's a book that when you get into it, you'll want to yell at some of the characters and cry because their emotions come through so well. This is definetly added to my favorites book list.
Sandra Leesmith
This book was a finalist for the prestigious RITA award from RWA and it is no surprise to me. Missy does a wonderful job in portraying a true romance with believable characters with whom you really want to spend your time. Great job Missy and congrats on your finalist nomination.
Ponch
I really enjoyed this book by Missy Tippens. I found Hannah to be very relatable and it made it really easy to care about her and her 4 young children. I also liked that Mark was not prefect. He had made some mistakes and was having a very hard time getting past them.
Betty Largan-Evans
ug ... another tear jerker ... Missy made me feel like i was actually part of the family. There is nothing like being a cheerleader for God.
Diana S
A lovely story of forgiveness, hope and love!
Merrillee Whren
A book you don't want to miss.
PWRL
Apr 18, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
O
linda Morrison
linda Morrison marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Marissa
Marissa is currently reading it
Mar 22, 2015
Katie
Katie added it
Feb 10, 2015
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Cindy Coleman
Cindy Coleman marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Tabitha Vinson
Tabitha Vinson marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Cindy Coleman
Cindy Coleman marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Prodigal's Christmas Reunion (Rocky Mountain Heirs #6)
  • The Runaway Bride
  • The Cowboy's Lady (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #4)
  • Thanksgiving Groom (Alaskan Bride Rush #5)
  • Wildflower Bride in Dry Creek
  • Falling for the Fireman (Gordon Falls, #1)
  • Her Valentine Family (Claremont, Alabama, #1)
  • Treasure Creek Dad (Alaskan Bride Rush,  #2)
  • Look-Alike Lawman (Texas Twins, #4)
  • His Holiday Family
  • Hometown Family
  • The Nanny's Homecoming (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #1)
  • The Forest Ranger's Return
  • A Match Made in Texas (Chatam House #2)
  • His Mountain Miss (Smoky Mountain Matches, #3)
  • A Baby Between Them (Irish Brides, #3)
  • Reunited for the Holidays
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, # 1)
I live in Georgia with my wonderful, supportive, pastor husband (my very own real life hero even though he's not too handy around the house). We have three perfect children. Well, maybe not perfect, but they're loving and fun and are God's greatest blessings. To add chaos to the household, we have two dogs and a cat.

I was a stay-at-home mom for 16 years, writing for about 10 of those years. I own
More about Missy Tippens...
His Forever Love A Family for Faith Her Unlikely Family Georgia Sweethearts A Forever Christmas