Start by marking “Nate (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #3)” as Want to Read:
Nate (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #3)

Nate (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #3)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  132 ratings  ·  19 reviews
To Rescue His Child, A Determined Cop Will Put Everything On The Line

On the day Lieutenant Nate Ryland's baby daughter is kidnapped, he finds hope in the most surprising of allies: Darcy Burkhart, a woman he never thought - never wanted - to see again. But Darcy's son has also been taken and there's nothing that will keep them from bringing their children home. Unfortunate

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Intrigue #1324, 224 pages
Published January 3rd 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Nate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nate

Julie Miller
I'm a big fan of Delores Fossen's romantic suspense books, so it was no surprise to me how much I enjoyed this story. I've been reading her Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch miniseries, and have enjoyed all of them. She writes a great, modern cowboy hero, and the heroines she matches them with are well-deserving of their protection and their hearts. I think if you're a fan of the series, you'll find there's a Ryland brother to suit whatever your taste in heroes might be.

NATE's story especially resona
Gabriella Hewitt
This is the third installment in Delores' Fossen The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch. In this story, we meet Nate, a widower and lawman with an 18 month old daughter to raise. It was bad enough when his wife was killed, but when his baby girl is kidnapped, his world comes crashing down. Darcy is a defense attorney who has often come up against Nate in the court of law. The fact her baby boy is also kidnapped forges an unlikely alliance between the two frantic parents.

Fossen keeps the pace running
Susan
Excellent, fast paced book. I'm glad that Nate and Darcy already knew each other at the beginning of the book, otherwise the romance would be too much of a stretch for me. This was very well done, with incredible action and mental activity, as well as the sexual tension. Both Nate and Darcy had feelings of guilt related to the deaths of family members that had influenced their career choices. It also gave them a common bond. I enjoyed seeing them as they dealt with the crisis. I also enjoyed the ...more
Paula Legate
I love this series of books. Each book is a stand alone, and the series does not need to be read in order.

Darcy, and Nate knew each other from sparing in the court room. Darcy was the defending lawyer, and Nate was the lawman that wanted the slim he arrest put behind bars.

The story starts out intense. Darcy's son, and Nate's daughter was kidnapped from their preschool. The enemy lines started to blur as the two had to work together to find the kids. They may have been enemy's in the court room
Cassandra
I couldn't put this book down. It was action from the first line to the last line. Nate is the third installment in The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch series. I have enjoyed every one of these books in this amazing series. I am a huge fan of Delores Fossen's books. They never disappoint me!
Rebecca Crowley
Although I thought the fast-paced suspense was awesome, I couldn't keep track of all the peripheral characters and once I realized that the brothers' names rhymed I couldn't take their alpha-ness seriously. Apart from Nate the other Rylands are Grayson and Mason, and Kade and Dade. I flipped backward to see if they were meant to be twins but couldn't find that detail, if it's there.

I was also slightly disappointed in the lack of engagement with the heroine's job as a defense attorney. I thought
Hbeebti
This was really good. Only issue was it was too short. The ending was kinda rushed. I need to find the first two now.
Sara Mitchell
Nate Ryland and Darcy Burkhart don't really like each other. They've faced off in the past, Nate a cop despises Darcy the defense attorney. However, they have to set their dislike apart when their children are kidnapped. Someone intends to use their children as leverage in getting what they want. I liked Nate's story, he is a tough widowed cop who clearly loves his daughter.The suspense and romance was well written and it was a good read.
Vivien
This is my favourite of the series so far.

It follows the same kind of plot points as the book before namely that all the Rylands hate the heroine (her crime....she's a defence attorney, although admittedly in the last book she was defending the man responsible for Nate's Wife's murder), but she slowly wins them around.

The book starts with the abduction of the son and daughter of respectively Darcy and Nate. What follows then is the search for the children and solving the mystery of who kidnapped
Debbie Heaton
In Fossen's romantic suspense novel, Lieutenant Nate Ryland's daughter is kidnapped, as is Darcy Burkhart's son. In Darcy, Nate finds an unlikely ally. Teaming together to bring their children home, Nate is accustomed to dealing with the worst society has to offer, but even he can't predict the enemy's next move. As the search continues, Nate finds himself admiring the woman he once saw as his greatest opponent. To his surprise, he also finds himself desiring her in a way he never thought possib ...more
Rebekah
Exciting read with some steam. Quick enjoyable read.
Kelly
Excellent read! There were a few eye rolling moments over how quickly things progressed for the two leads but this wasn't the first book in the series so maybe they were both mentioned before. It was definitely good enough for me to want to look up the other books! Thank you so much to my wonderful friend Louise for giving me this book for my birthday!
Sara Tieszen paschal
I was really sick of the "mercy"....this was my least favorite read of the series. It is okay, just highly redundant.
Lena Diaz
I liked it. Fast read, great pacing. Lots of action, which I love.
Hannah  Ruth
Miniseries: The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch
Clare
3rd book in the series and another great read
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Sherry Roberts
Sherry Roberts marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Ladeana
Ladeana marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Jo-ann
Jo-ann marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
  • Corralled (Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co., #5)
  • Colby Law (Colby Agency, #48)
  • Secret Identity  (Cooper, #8)  (Cooper Security, #1)
  • Kansas City Cowboy (The Precinct: Task Force #2) (The Precinct #18)
  • The Lost Girls of Johnson's Bayou
  • Finding Her Son
  • Guns and the Girl Next Door
  • The Spy Who Saved Christmas (SDDU, #10)
  • The Marshal's Witness
  • Navy SEAL Security (Brothers in Arms, #1)
  • For the Baby's Sake
Thank you for finding me on Goodreads!

Here's my bio:

USA Today best-selling author, Delores Fossen, has sold over 75 novels with millions of copies of her books in print worldwide. She's received the Booksellers' Best Award for romantic suspense, the Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award and was a finalist for the prestigious Rita . Her books have been featured in Woman's Day magazine and Vogue. I
More about Delores Fossen...

The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch (8 books)
  • Grayson (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #1)
  • Dade (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #2)
  • Kade (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #4)
  • Gage (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #5)
  • Mason (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #6)
  • Josh (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #7)
  • Sawyer (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #8)
Kade (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #4) Grayson (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #1) Dade (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #2) Gage (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #5) Mason (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #6)