Diamond Dreams

Diamond Dreams (The Drakes of California #1)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  120 ratings  ·  32 reviews
As the only daughter of Southern California's most famous wine dynasty, Diamond Drake devotes all her waking hours to the family business. Burned by love, she's not sure she ever wants to fall in love again. But construction millionaire Jackson Wright is sweeping her up in a whirlwind romance. Is he the real thing? Or will the sinfully sexy bachelor prove to be all flash a...more
Published March 20th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Diamond Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diamond Dreams

Lady Raven RAVE!
http://www.romancenoveljunkies.com for readers

BRIEF SUMMARY
Set in Southern California, Diamond Drake is apart of the Drake dynasty who owns a vineyard. Although she's a daddy's girl, she works hard as she is apart of the family business. As they are looking to expand on the vineyard, she has to work in close proximity to Jackson 'Boss' Wright, owner of Boss Construction.

THOUGHTS

I love romance novels that involves family and this book was an exception. While reading this story, I enjoyed myself...more
Elise Marion
This is my second Kimani romance and I have to say that after all I've heard about it I am pretty underwhelmed. The characters were bland and uninteresting and the dialogue was corny. I wasn't a fan of the writing style and just about threw my kindle across the room when the author used the term vajayay in the middle of a sexy scene....seriously. Not for me, I'm afraid. The story ideas were interesting but not executed in a way that made me care about these people.
Yolanda
Vintage Dreams

I am very impressed, enlightened and wowed at the level of research and time dedicated to this wonderful novel. Romantic and Steamy indeed.
Diamond Drake, heiress to wine vineyards inherited as far back as slavery, has put her love life on pause after being in a relationship that did not quite go in the direction she would have liked. She delves completely into the renovation that will turn her family' vineyard into a world sought out resort. Sought out by Oprah herself. She has...more
Jackie Roberts
This is the first Zuri Day book I have ever read. I really enjoyed Diamond and Jackson's story. I loved that Diamond was her own woman and didn't let Jackson's past sway her from finding true love. The first book in the Drakes of California series is amazing. Next up Donovan's story!
Kathy
I started and finished this in approx 6 hours. As usual Zuri has done her thing. Love the story line and it was HOT HOT HOT.
Monique
Diamond Dreams by Zuri Day - 4 stars

There is nothing like a flaming hot romance and Day delivers with this one. Diamond Drake is the marketing/public relations director for her families multi-million dollar wine dynasty. Diamond is in the middle of transforming a portion of the property into a high end day spa and resort. Enter construction millionaire, Jackson "Boss" Wright, sexy and the best in the field (in both love and work). The flames are sparking and in more ways then one but all that gl...more
Priscilla
In Diamond Dreams, her first Kimani Romance novel, Zuri Day gives readers a juicy romance to start the summer. The middle child and only daughter of Donald and Genevieve Drake, Diamond had a lot to prove. As director of marketing and public relations, Diamond was in charge of one of the company's biggest expansion project - turning Drake Vineyard into Drake Wines Resort & Spa. To do that, Diamond made sure that she reviewed everything from construction to interior design. As the project near...more
Rhonda
3 STARS
A nice story line but too many love scenes for me and the mystery not much of a story line.
The settings sound lovely I would like to stay their.
Diamond Drake works for her family vineyard. Her designs a major part of the hotel and spa they are building. Even though her brothers tease her that she got the job because she kept turning it in time after time.
Dexter and Donovan Drake work along with Donald their father and company founder.
The vineyard has been in their family over a 100 years...more
Beverly
Zuri Day has once again written another enthralling story that captures the excitement and magic of romance. Sassy Diamond Drake is not only a curvy gorgeous BAP but is also an astute businesswoman who is in control of all situations. Diamond is now in charge of the expansion project tuning her family-owned Drake Winery into Drake Wines Resort & Spa, leaving no time for dating. This excuse holds true until a run-in with Jackson “Boss” Wright and sparks fly in many ways. Jackson is not intima...more
Toni
You know I love a good romance series! Diamond Dreams is the first in a new series by Day featuring the Drakes of California. This one is set in the Napa Valley, wine country, as the Drakes own a vineyard there on land owned by one of their ancestors. Diamond is the only girl in her family and the marketing director for the vineyard and works hard to prove that she is just as good as her brothers and father. Jackson Wright is a contractor working on a new hotel on the Drake property and his init...more
Antoinette the Book Junkie
Diamond is the consummate BAP (Black American Princess) in wine country California. She has been nursing a broken heart for some time after her ex-fiance refuse to set the date for their wedding but late she finds out that he is now married to her look-alike.

Jackson (Boss) is a man's man. He comes from a broken home early in his life but had it changed around completely by he uncle and aunt before their death. He meets the undeniable beauty that Diamond turns out to be and wants so much more.

Tha...more
Kim
This was a solid read, but I did feel like there was a little something missing that I just couldn't put my finger on. The storyline was good, but it just wasn't a page turner. I do have to say that the sex scenes were very high on my erotic meter, so that was definitely a plus for this book. Diamond and Jackson had good chemistry, but the love between them just came too quickly for me. The whole courtship spanned a few weeks, and it didn't seem like their love really developed in that time, mor...more
Deloris
I thought this was a cute sexy story Diamond and Boss are a good start to whats going to be a wonderful series. The chemistry for this couple was Hot and heavy they did it in some daring places because they could not keep their hands off of each other. Diamond was a ride or die chick who happened to be a princess, she stuck by boss no matter what I liked that about her. The unconditional love Diamond had for Boss was great because they came from two different places,he was so afraid that she wou...more
D.lee
I loved it!! I don't have a single complaint. Jackson had serious swagger and although Diamond initially gave the impression of being the spoiled little rich girl, she showed she could truly be a ride or die chick. She tried to resist Jackson, however he had other plan and wasn't having it. I loved the tight bond between the Drakes. Maybe because my family is similarly bonded. I liked the fact that there was none of that break up to make up nonsense that usually runs ramped in romance novels. It...more
Cocoa Faye
Loving this series. Reading them out of orderbut love the Drakes. gotta read Donovan's story then on to the morgan men. can't wait!
Melissa Burnett
I didn't think this was Zuri's best work. I've only read a couple of her books and they were way better then this one. I didn't really connect with the characters, particularly the main character, Diamond. The book was only 218 pages, it was a quick read, so for me it didn't leave enough time to truly develop the characters. It wasn't a terrible story I just wasn't in love with it. It was way too quick of a read for me, predictable and really nothing going on that interest me.
Reshemah
I can tell from the first book that this is going to be a very romantic and funny series. The chemistry between Diamond and Jackson was so hot. The thing I liked most about the book was the humor. I love a good love story that can make me laugh. I can not wait for the next book in the series. I think Donnavon Drake is going to have his hands full with Marissa and we get more humor from the rest of the Drake clan.
Crystal
Mar 25, 2014 Crystal rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
I adored Diamond's and Jackson's story. I love when either person tries to play hard to get when they know resisting is pointless. And when they give into the desire and passion, it makes me happy. I love to live through these books. I can't wait to read more about the other Drakes.
Velicia Tillman
The story do Diamond Drake and Jackson Wright was a good read. The setting of California was very familiar and enjoyed reading about areas I grew up in Los Angeles and San Diego. The background on the Wineries was very informational. A very realistic love story for 2012.
Kimberly
Loved this story! The attraction between Diamond and Jackson, was explosive. Two strong will minds coming together and joining forces was awesome. Both having there own issues to face they still over came and found there way.
Sistaharlem
I absolutely loved this book. I want to know where is a Jackson Wright in real life. This book was sexy, funny & yes romantic. The romance scenes were HOT! Cannot wait until the next book in the series to come out.
Tonya Lee
Diamond is a go getter and woman of her own despite her family and privilege. She finds a love that does not align with her life but takes the chance. Cannot wait to read her brother's stories!!!!
Debbie
The story was good, kinda dragged on for a bit and it seemed the characters jumped from sex to love almost immediately, but it's a great story to read on a slow day.
Danielle
This was a good book. It kept me interested. The attraction between Diamond and Jackson was amazing. All of us need a Boss in our lives!!!
Brenda
OMG!! I loved this book. Great everything!! Now on to book 2 "Champagne Kisses"!!
Lisa G
Another great book from Zuri Day. This author writes great romance book.
Tracy Hale
I loved this book. Diamond and Jackson were a very cute couple.
Marilyn Diamond
Great read for the Drake family. Can't wait to read more..
Renee  Daniel Flagler
My girl Zuri pushes the limits of romance! I love it!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Drakes of California
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Zuri Day is a hopeful romantic. She believes in happy endings, half-full glasses and dreams coming true. That's why she's thrilled to be a contributing writer to this genre...one of her favorites!

Zuri doesn't remember exactly how old she was when she picked up her first romance novel, but she does remember it was love at first sight. "It was probably a Harlequin," she recalled during a recent inte...more
More about Zuri Day...
Lessons From A Younger Lover What Love Tastes Like Body By Night Lovin' Blue Love On the Run