Start by marking “The Cattle King's Bride (The Langdon Dynasty #1)” as Want to Read:
The Cattle King's Bride (The Langdon Dynasty #1)

The Cattle King's Bride (The Langdon Dynasty #1)

The last person Mel Norton expects to see on her doorstep is James "Dev" Langdon. His killer smile makes Mel's heart flutter uncontrollably once more...though she's vowed never to fall for him again.

Dev has returned to take his childhood sweetheart back to his family home - Kooraki Station - for only there can she finally lay her demons to rest....

In the heart of the swelt

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Romance #4303, 192 pages
Published April 3rd 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Cattle King's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cattle King's Bride

Caro
May 30, 2015 Caro rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: h-mnb-s
A pretty good book. It has some twists, complex characters, scheming, strength, and a good ending. I really wanted to knock some of the characters upside the head though, and give one in particular the harder version of a b* slap. She was definitely conniving. Overall a good read and something to read for passing time, but might get a little wound up with.
Roub
Jul 08, 2014 Roub rated it liked it
the plot was awesome! i minused two stars bcoz the book was more focused on family saga than romance. these 2 were childhood sweethearts, they had an on and off affair but cud not give way to more. it was a very delicate situation as they cud very well be bordering on the incestuous line! sirina had damaged amelia. she was indeed the slut everyone accused her of! amelia, as a small kid, took her mother's side. she did not know how machiavellian her mother was really like! the book was realistic ...more
Pia Winther
Feb 09, 2013 Pia Winther rated it did not like it
The plot was effy at best. So much going on. Everybody jumping to conclusions (well mainly Mel). Suddenly a witchdoctor and what not.

I did not enjoy this book. The plot seemed forced. It could have been a good book, but... No.

I didn't like the heroine. I understood that she has some sort of personally trauma due to her childhood but I don't think that it constituted what she does to the hero. Who just seems so nice. I wouldn't have put up with her.
Diane
Apr 10, 2012 Diane rated it liked it
i freely admit it--i have all of this author's books and enjoy them over and over again. however, i continue to believe that her older books from the 70's and 80's had more of a story and plot. this one, however, was interresting, ion that the villain of the book was the heroine's mother in the present, and the hero's grandmother in the past.
Susan
I liked Dev. He loved Mel and wanted to marry her. He was incredibly patient with her. Mel had major issues thanks to her mother's position as "housekeeper" (mistress) to Dev's grandfather. The mother was also a first class bitch and pathological liar. I understood Mel's issues, but I just didn't like her. I was glad to see everything work out at the end. I hope the next book is better.
Kat Evans
May 02, 2014 Kat Evans rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance lovers
Recommended to Kat by: no one
I like how this story took its time getting all the issues worked out. The author did not rush through any important parts. Very heartwarming.
tiffany johnson
tiffany johnson rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2016
Aileen
Aileen rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2014
Sripriya Manishankhar
Sripriya Manishankhar rated it it was ok
Nov 19, 2015
Gigi
Gigi rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2015
Helen Morar
Helen Morar rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2014
Raquel
Raquel rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2015
Bruja Fea
Bruja Fea rated it really liked it
May 19, 2016
Alisha
Jan 07, 2014 Alisha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.4
Betsy
Betsy rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2012
Betty
Betty rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2016
Kathy
Kathy rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2012
Fre06 Begum
Fre06 Begum rated it it was ok
Aug 29, 2015
Celeste Lirette
Celeste Lirette rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2016
Shona Gibb
Shona Gibb rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Ivy
Ivy rated it did not like it
Jun 07, 2016
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Langdon Dynasty
Category: Classic Romance
Serena
Serena rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2015
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Langdon Dynasty
Category: Classic Romance
Maria T. Villegas
Maria T. Villegas rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
May 16, 2013
Alix
Alix rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2015
Patricia Jones
Patricia Jones rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Patricia Castro
Patricia Castro rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2012
Margaret Way was born and educated in the river city of Brisbane, Australia. Before her marriage she was a well-known pianist, teacher, vocal coach and accompanist, but her hectic musical career came to a halt when her son was born and the demands of motherhood dictated a change of pace.

On a fortuitous impulse she decided to try her hand at romance writing and was thrilled when Mills & Boon ac
More about Margaret Way...

The Langdon Dynasty (2 books)
  • Argentinian in the Outback