The Beautiful Ones

The Beautiful Ones (The Hinton Family #1)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  162 ratings  ·  19 reviews
In a sequel to Unforgettable, successful businesswoman Ophelia Missler never had time to look for Mr. Right--much less find him. Now she's engaged to a wealthy entrepreneur and about to experience the wedding of her dreams. But for some reason, she can't stop thinking about her longtime best friend Solomon Bassett. She never suspected that Solomon has secretly adored her f...more
Published May 22nd 2012 by Harlequin Kimani (first published September 1st 2005)

Shawnette
A Beautiful Love Story

Ms. Byrd has done it, AGAIN! "The Beautiful Ones" is a brilliantly written sequel to "Unforgettable". I can't believe Solomon loved Ophelia for 25 years and she NEVER knew how he felt, talk about an unrequited love! Solomon learns of Ophelia's engagement to Jonas Hilton, another wonderful man, but is he the "Right Man"?!!!. As her lifelong friend, Solomon should be happy for her, but, how can he be happy when the ONLY woman he's ever loved is marrying another? Solomon wishe...more
Shh I'm reading!
Awwwww. What a pleasant surprise! The structure of this book reminded me of a movie or a TV show: a woman meets a man in an airport lounge and invites him to pour his heart out about the one who got away. A childhood crush, a perfect fiancee, and a beautiful woman. I wouldn't think that would work so well in print, but Ms. Byrd did a fantastic job developing a romance in flashback format. A breezy summer read and now I HAVE to look up the Hinton series and follow the brothers.
Tqwana
Monica
This was a beautiful love story, a page turner to say the least. I enjoyed the characters and loved reading a little about Marcel and Diana from the first book. I would recommend it...:-))
Kimberly

Loved how this story was told. The surprise for me was the end.
Lauren
Glenda
I truly enjoy this author's writing, however, this one fell a little short for me. It was an enjoyable and quick read, but it was also a predictable read.
Sharon
I enjoyed the Ophelia and Solomon's story. I was happy that Solomon and Ophelia ended up together. Even though I felt bad for Jonas. I have always been a fan of true love. Their love was a true love story even though the had not always openly admitted it to each other. Everyone around them was aware of their love. I thought it was a sweet love story. I am a fan of Adrianne' storytelling's style. I love love all of her books!!!
Karen
This was a beautiful and most rewarding love story. Although I felt a little sorry for Jonas, I was still secretly rooting for Ophelia and Solomon to get together because their love was 25 years in the making and to me the made the better couple. Now in the next installment of the Unforgettable series, I hope that sassy Toni Wright and Jonas find true love...they both deserve and need it. Awesome read!!!!
Tamara
I really enjoyed this book. It asked the basic question, do best friends make the best lovers. Jonas Hinton was a good man who believed himself to be in love with Mrs Right. Yet, I think deep down somewhere he knew that the relationship between Ophelia & Solomon was more than just friends. Their friendship ended up being love everlasting.
Malika
I went back for this one...in August '12 it was 2 ☆..."Will they, won't they? By page 120, who cares! Just wanted to get to the end and call it done!"

Got to say now, I really liked this book on the second read!
Jaylis
I really liked this story. It was sweet and endearing and I found myself rooting for them to get together. I definitely enjoy Byrd's books and I look forward to the King's series.
Michelle
I love this book Solomon was to die for Ophelia had to be crazy not to notice him Jonas wasn't all that to me he was to possessive for me!
BW Diva
I really enjoyed this book it was a great story!!!!! I was happy that Ophelia & Soloman finally followed their hearts!!!!
Kyra Gates
Oct 25, 2012 Kyra Gates rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adrianne Byrd
Recommended to Kyra by: No one I'm a fan!
Wow! Where in the hell is the 10 button when you need one. Absolutely a great read.
Candace Cottrell
Another great romance from Adrianne Byrd.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Hinton Bros.
Nakristianna
Nakristianna marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Marian Sesay
Marian Sesay marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Altia
Altia marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Nali
Nali added it
Jun 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
National Best-selling author Adrianne Byrd has always preferred to live within the realms of her imagination where all the men are gorgeous and the women are worth whatever trouble they manage to get into. As an army brat, she traveled throughout Europe and learned to appreciate and value different cultures. Now she calls Georgia home.

Looking back, Adrianne believes her passion for writing began...more
More about Adrianne Byrd...
King's Passion Sinful Chocolate Two Grooms And A Wedding She's My Baby Body Heat