Start by marking “The Beautiful Ones” as Want to Read:
The Beautiful Ones

The Beautiful Ones (The Hinton Family #1)

In a sequel to Unforgettable, successful businesswoman Ophelia Missler never had time to look for Mr. Right--much less find him. Now she's engaged to a wealthy entrepreneur and about to experience the wedding of her dreams. But for some reason, she can't stop thinking about her longtime best friend Solomon Bassett. She never suspected that Solomon has secretly adored her f ...more
Published May 22nd 2012 by Harlequin Kimani (first published September 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Beautiful Ones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beautiful Ones

°BeauutiLovve
A really good series....
Shawnette
Jul 19, 2007 Shawnette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Beautiful Love Story

Ms. Byrd has done it, AGAIN! "The Beautiful Ones" is a brilliantly written sequel to "Unforgettable". I can't believe Solomon loved Ophelia for 25 years and she NEVER knew how he felt, talk about an unrequited love! Solomon learns of Ophelia's engagement to Jonas Hilton, another wonderful man, but is he the "Right Man"?!!!. As her lifelong friend, Solomon should be happy for her, but, how can he be happy when the ONLY woman he's ever loved is marrying another? Solomon wishe
Tqwana
Mar 19, 2011 Tqwana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shh I'm reading!
Awwwww. What a pleasant surprise! The structure of this book reminded me of a movie or a TV show: a woman meets a man in an airport lounge and invites him to pour his heart out about the one who got away. A childhood crush, a perfect fiancee, and a beautiful woman. I wouldn't think that would work so well in print, but Ms. Byrd did a fantastic job developing a romance in flashback format. A breezy summer read and now I HAVE to look up the Hinton series and follow the brothers.
Monica
Jun 10, 2012 Monica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a beautiful love story, a page turner to say the least. I enjoyed the characters and loved reading a little about Marcel and Diana from the first book. I would recommend it...:-))
Kimberly
Mar 17, 2011 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Loved how this story was told. The surprise for me was the end.
Lauren
May 02, 2014 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sharon
Nov 03, 2012 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the Ophelia and Solomon's story. I was happy that Solomon and Ophelia ended up together. Even though I felt bad for Jonas. I have always been a fan of true love. Their love was a true love story even though the had not always openly admitted it to each other. Everyone around them was aware of their love. I thought it was a sweet love story. I am a fan of Adrianne' storytelling's style. I love love all of her books!!!
Karen
Jul 24, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adrianne-byrd
This was a beautiful and most rewarding love story. Although I felt a little sorry for Jonas, I was still secretly rooting for Ophelia and Solomon to get together because their love was 25 years in the making and to me the made the better couple. Now in the next installment of the Unforgettable series, I hope that sassy Toni Wright and Jonas find true love...they both deserve and need it. Awesome read!!!!
Tamara
Mar 02, 2013 Tamara rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It asked the basic question, do best friends make the best lovers. Jonas Hinton was a good man who believed himself to be in love with Mrs Right. Yet, I think deep down somewhere he knew that the relationship between Ophelia & Solomon was more than just friends. Their friendship ended up being love everlasting.
Malika
Aug 04, 2012 Malika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I went back for this one...in August '12 it was 2 ☆..."Will they, won't they? By page 120, who cares! Just wanted to get to the end and call it done!"

Got to say now, I really liked this book on the second read!
Amanda
Nov 13, 2015 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, they've been best friends for 25 years, but she has never even heard of a couple that he knows well enough to be godfather to their three sons? That's ridiculous. She may have somehow managed to never meet them, but to never even have heard of them in seven years?
Latoya
Jan 30, 2016 Latoya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love it

Still good to the very last word!!!!! I love this series and I'm glad Solomon got it right and got his love story!!!! But this is not the end but the beginning of the Hinton Series!!!!!
BW Diva
Feb 12, 2013 BW Diva rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book it was a great story!!!!! I was happy that Ophelia & Soloman finally followed their hearts!!!!
Kyra Gates
Oct 24, 2012 Kyra Gates rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adrianne Byrd
Recommended to Kyra by: No one I'm a fan!
Wow! Where in the hell is the 10 button when you need one. Absolutely a great read.
Jaylis
May 12, 2013 Jaylis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this story. It was sweet and endearing and I found myself rooting for them to get together. I definitely enjoy Byrd's books and I look forward to the King's series.
Love hurtswick
Oct 10, 2012 Love hurtswick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it
Arlene Wilson
Dec 23, 2015 Arlene Wilson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
25 years to say I love you "

This was a good book I'm glade Jonas took it pretty good in the end. And sol got his girl.
Marie Antoine
Oct 07, 2014 Marie Antoine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book

this is book is another great writing! This is a must pick up and read. with good characters and beautiful romance.
Candace
Apr 21, 2011 Candace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great romance from Adrianne Byrd.
Michelle
I love this book Solomon was to die for Ophelia had to be crazy not to notice him Jonas wasn't all that to me he was to possessive for me!
Glenda
Jun 29, 2014 Glenda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I truly enjoy this author's writing, however, this one fell a little short for me. It was an enjoyable and quick read, but it was also a predictable read.
Ariana
Dec 14, 2016 Ariana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the book...but it was just so much back and forth. She basically had to break another man's heart just to realize she loved her best friend.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Hinton Bros.
Juanita Hicks
Juanita Hicks rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2013
Dafort
Dafort rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2011
Pat Cromwell
Pat Cromwell rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2014
Erika
Erika rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2012
Carolyn D. Gregory
Carolyn D. Gregory rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
  • Surrender to a Donovan (The Donovans #8)
  • One Night With You
  • A Lover's Mask (The Ramseys, #3)
  • Private Passions
  • One Special Moment
  • A Guilty Affair
  • Until The End of Time
National Best-selling author Adrianne Byrd has always preferred to live within the realms of her imagination where all the men are gorgeous and the women are worth whatever trouble they manage to get into. As an army brat, she traveled throughout Europe and learned to appreciate and value different cultures. Now she calls Georgia home.

Looking back, Adrianne believes her passion for writing began
More about Adrianne Byrd...

The Hinton Family (4 books)
  • Feel the Fire