Dangerous Sanctuary  (Susanna Horenbout and John Parker, #1.5)

Dangerous Sanctuary (Susanna Horenbout and John Parker #1.5)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Artist Susanna Horenbout is commissioned by King Henry VIII to paint a picture of the ceremony in St. Paul’s Cathedral to commemorate the capture of the French king Francis I in battle. While working on a sketch before the ceremony begins, Susanna overhears a bitter nobleman hinting at violence to the King, and she realizes she might be the only one who can stop an attack...more
Published March 6th 2012 by Simon and Schuster (first published February 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Sanctuary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous Sanctuary

Edie Ramer
This has everything I love in a story of any length. Smart characters who do brave things because it's part of who they are, and an unstable villain who has a reason for going a little crazy. Throw in the very realistic danger and the wonderful ending, and this is a reader's gem. Because of its short length and the enjoyment it gave me, I know I'm going to read this at least a few times.
Misty Rayburn
Official review coming soon.
Stephanie ♥Loves Adrian Ivashkov♥
Another amazing story about Susanna Horenbout and John Parker.
Dangerous Sanctuary is a short story set between the first book, In a Treachrous Court, and the second book, Keeper of the King's Secrets.

This story begins with Susanna working on a painting of the ceremony in St. Paul's Cathedral to celebrate the capture of king Francis from French I. By coincidence Susanna overhears word of someone who's thinking about hurting the king.
With Parker not able to reach the bitter nobleman until it'll...more
Amy R
This was a fun short story about Parker and Susanna from In a Treacherous Court!
Dana Nelson
I love this author's work but this very short story does not add to the series in the least.
Kim
I really enjoyed this little novella about Susanna and John! A great interlude to keep fans of the series (and the couple) happy before reading book 2, Keeper of the King's Secrets. Definitely made me that much more anxious to begin the next book as soon as possible.

Fans will enjoy this as just one more small reason to love Susanna and John's story.
Julie Clarahan
I totally love this series. I found it quite by accident and have devoured every book since. This was a lovely short story. I am so looking forward to the next book.
Orlaya
Orlaya marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Danielle Rose Poiesz
Danielle Rose Poiesz marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Shari Anton
Shari Anton marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Steph
Steph marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Carrie Slager
Carrie Slager marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
4521954
Michelle Diener writes historical fiction and fantasy. Her Susanna Horenbout & John Parker series includes IN A TREACHEROUS COURT, KEEPER OF THE KING'S SECRETS and IN DEFENSE OF THE QUEEN. Set in the court of Henry VIII, it features the real historical figures of artist Susanna Horenbout and Henry’s Keeper of the Palace of Westminster and Yeoman of the King’s Robes, John Parker.

Other historic...more
More about Michelle Diener...
The Emperor's Conspiracy In a Treacherous Court (Susanna Horenbout and John Parker, #1) Keeper of the King's Secrets  (Susanna Horenbout and John Parker, #2) Banquet of Lies A Dangerous Madness