Start by marking “The Monster Hunters (Monster Hunter International #1-3)” as Want to Read:
The Monster Hunters (Monster Hunter International #1-3)

The Monster Hunters (Monster Hunter International #1-3)

4.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,624 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
Monster Hunter International, Monster Hunter Vendetta andMonster Hunter Alphain one huge volume! Two New York Times bestsellers in together for the first time, and the first three entries in Larry Correia’s blockbuster Monster Hunter series.

Monster Hunter InternationalFive days after Owen Zastava Pitt pushed his insufferable boss out of a fourteenth story window, he woke u
Published May 29th 2012 by Baen

To ask other readers questions about The Monster Hunters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Monster Hunters

The Bone Gatherer by Jennifer AdeleTagged by Joseph M. ChironInterview with the Vampire by Anne RiceWorld War Z by Max BrooksApocalyptic Empire by Chris   Blake
Required Undead Reading
94th out of 240 books — 241 voters
Vlad the Impaler by Alan C. BairdAshes to Ashes by Wayne Gerard TrotmanHooligans by Chaz FenwickHarley Quinn, Vol. 1 by Amanda ConnerMojado by R. Allen Chappell
Gore and Mayhem
11th out of 30 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Kat  Hooper
Mar 12, 2013 Kat Hooper rated it really liked it
I've reviewed these separately at FanLit: http://www.fantasyliterature.com/fant...
Azhureheart
May 04, 2013 Azhureheart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Gun-nuts killing monsters for fun and profits.
I read these 3 books in less than a month. It's hilarious, entertaining as hell, action-packed and women are just as kick-ass as the men. It couldn't be any better.
I love the universe Larry Correia created. I love Owen's passion for his guns than can only be matched by his love for Julie. I love how crazy all the hunters are. And Harbinger is just epic. Epic. There is no other word for his awesomeness. The plot are well crafted, even the villains a
Erica Cole
Mar 04, 2013 Erica Cole rated it it was amazing
Loved every minute of these three and legion is fantastic too. Best books I've read in a looong time! messy situations brute force, lots of swearing and epic battles between good and evil. I should have waited tillthe whole series was done and dusted, but I'm an impatient SOB and have 0 self-disci@ine. Best books I've read in a looong time! messy situations brute force, lots of swearing and epic battles between good and evil. I should have waited tillthe whole series was done and dusted, but I'm ...more
Rachel
Jul 18, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I totally love these books. Owen Pitt has a decent job as an accountant, until a werewolf tries to eat him. Unlike most urban fantasy books, he reacts by enthusiastically throwing it out a 14th story window, and then dropping a desk on it to kill it. He discovers monsters are real, and a monster hunting organization offers him a job. And things just get weird when Owen eventually finds out the Old Ones are invading, and he's this generation's champion, born and raised to fight them.

These are a g
Ken
Jun 06, 2015 Ken rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good enjoyable reading time

I got book 1 for free and got hooked! So buying this 3 book set made the most since price wise! I am not sure if the next two books are the series end since there are several over arching plots happening. Very good reading time and I will be purchasing the next two. This series is unique because as I said there is an overarching plot in the series so far and the main plot in each book(s). The author must have the whole series outlined really well since the story(use) m
Mike Bunner
Nov 22, 2014 Mike Bunner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alright. Guilty pleasure time. The Monster Hunter series (currently at 5 books) are the adventures of the owners and employees of a private company that operate in the shadows hunting down and eradicating demons and monsters that have invaded our dimension. Governments are required by law to publish a bounty for each entity wanted and the government hunting agencies and the private companies compete to get them first. This is usually not on a friendly basis, and deals are sometimes made between ...more
Tom
Aug 13, 2012 Tom rated it liked it
While the first two books in this collection were a decent read, it's the third book that is the standout. You can see the writing getting better. Also there is a sense of uncertainty as to the outcome and how it is all going to go down.
Ryelor
Nov 11, 2013 Ryelor rated it really liked it
This omnibus of the first three Monster Hunter novels was a pretty good deal. Three books in one, you can't beat that. U read Correia's first book, Monster Hunter International, a few years ago. I read it between a pretty intense, masterfully written series that was very intellectually taxing. MHI came as a breath of fresh air because it was a fun, action packed romp that I could read for enjoyment--just what I needed after reading numerous thousand page books that left my brain feeling like oat ...more
Donald
Feb 17, 2013 Donald rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
This is an omnibus of three novels: Monster Hunter International, Monster Hunter Vendetta, and Monster Hunter Alpha.

After reading Monster Hunter International I can tell you it is one action packed thrill ride. This first installment brings the reader out to page 448 of 1191 and the bullets fly nearly nonstop. There are all sorts of monsters and the PUFF (bounty) money on these things paid out by the government is incredible. If you live through the hunt.

The story follows Owen Pitt, Accountant,
Sissors
Aug 13, 2013 Sissors rated it liked it
While it is personal of course, I really liked the settings of the book. While sometimes I feel the book was a bit too 'slow', I think overall it was a well written book with a good storyline.

However now it comes: To properly enjoy it you need to be a conservative US right wing voter. I am from Europe myself, I expect the author to see everyone from Europe as a communist, and really after a while the constant hammering about how the government is evil is getting boring. Often it doesn't add anyt
David Dalton
This review is just for the 1st book in this collection: Monster Hunter International (MHI, #1) by Larry Correia. I will come back and add to my review of this omnibus collection after I read the 2nd and then 3rd books.

For MHI, I loved it! More monsters than you can shake a stick at, tons of blazing guns, ammo galore, some gore, and plenty of action! Like reading a Buffy the Slayer story and Buffy is on a sugar high. Fun - fun - fun! The end of the world as we know it - - - Unless one of the newest Monster Hunters, Owen Z. Pitt, and his fellow mons
Kurt Korfmacher
Oct 16, 2013 Kurt Korfmacher rated it liked it
3.5 Stars for the first book.

Owen Pitt's world is turned upside down when his obnoxious boss suddenly turns into a werewolf and attempts to eat him. After throwing his former boss out a window, Owen joins a secret mercenary group known as Monster Hunter International and begins a career of keeping the world safe from supernatural baddies. Along the way he has to figure out a way to keep both his crush and the world from falling into utter darkness.

Overall the book is entertaining, with good voic
Jean-paul Jarboe
Apr 28, 2014 Jean-paul Jarboe rated it really liked it
Very entertaining book. If you're a fan of the the Dresden Files series you will like this series as well.

I really like how Larry Correia turns a phrase and caught myself highlighting a lot of the dialog because it was so fun and clever.

My only real issue with the series was the detail Correia went into on guns. It's the right call for the character, but I found it a bit tedious.

That said, I'd recommend this series to anyone.
Lisa
Sep 11, 2013 Lisa rated it it was ok
Shelves: abandoned
This is for the first book in this omnibus, "Monster Hunter International". This book started off great - just a few pages in there was a humdinger of a battle between Owen, the main character, and a werewolf. Then it proceeded to Owen going to Monster Hunter International boot camp where some interesting secondary characters were introduced. I enjoyed the interactions between Owen and his comrades. Just barely out of boot camp, Owen and his team get into another big knockdown with some vampires ...more
Kathy
Feb 12, 2014 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

I've been looking for a great book to read for awhile and this one was excellent! Lots of action, and the characters are well developed. Seems like most fantasy/sci finances books are written for teens.... This book has characters that have experienced life (and seen the dark side of a supernatural life).
George Ashmore
Mar 04, 2014 George Ashmore rated it it was amazing
I actually read each of the stories when they came out in paperback but needed a BIG book for vacation. I read each one another time and plan to do that again. Great writer with excellent characterizations and truly original twists--just " Vendetta" in the middle and meet some truly original gnomes.
Jordan
Mar 24, 2015 Jordan rated it liked it
The reason I chose this Book is because i like the storyline. The author is Larry Correia. I rated this book 3 stars because it got boring in some chapters where nothing went on. The genre of this book is fiction because of the monsters. The book title is Monster Hunters.
Mike
Jan 14, 2015 Mike rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
perfect

Each of the books has its own unique charm. Each book is great. Have fun googling the names of all the guns! I suspect the third book was the best, but they were all great.
Ian Baldwin
Oct 29, 2014 Ian Baldwin rated it it was amazing
Great book series. These books blend comedy/horror and action all together. It kind of reminds me of a cheesy 80's horror movie but it keeps the attention and draws you in until the end.
Laura Curtis
Nov 01, 2015 Laura Curtis rated it it was amazing
I stayed up all night to finish the first book, and raced through the next two as fast as I could. Then I sent three people the ebooks as gifts. Fast-paced and FUN.
Rob Mcbride
Jul 31, 2015 Rob Mcbride rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great storytelling

Never thought I'd like this type of book, heart pounding action though the whole story Harbinger is the man. Can't wait for more.
Scott Wozniak
Jun 23, 2015 Scott Wozniak rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book contains the first three books of a crazy intense series about a mercenary group that hunts monsters, keeping the public safe and happily ignorant.
Paul Cannon
Jun 12, 2015 Paul Cannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MHI delivers

Mr. Correia creates characters I believe and care about, especially the ones I don't care for at all. I found the stories comfortable in being grounded in lore and refreshing in the twisting he has wrought. Thoroughly enjoyable.
David Bayne
Feb 28, 2014 David Bayne rated it really liked it
Larry Correia is a master at gun lore. Here is a guy who gets it right. Lots of fun, bullets, babe's, and dead monsters, what could go wrong.
Bruce Young
Jul 09, 2014 Bruce Young rated it it was amazing
OMG I LOVED IT! Can't say my fiancee was too happy about me being up until 2AM reading on my kindle app though. It's an addictive read.
Aaron Byers
Mar 25, 2014 Aaron Byers rated it it was amazing
Definitely not a brain-builder, but clever and full if self-deprecating humor. Violent with an underlying cheer for the best in humanity.
Jason Fischer
Feb 18, 2014 Jason Fischer rated it it was amazing
This was bloody EXCELLENT. So much fun, and I lost count of the scenes that made me say "HELL YEAH!!!"

The story is clever, the characters vivid, and each instalment of the Monster Hunter series is a page-turner of the highest order. I am definitely a fan.
Michelle
Jan 12, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
I read this series at the suggestion of a friend of mine, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. It took me a little to get drawn in to the story, but Larry sure was able to make me care about his characters. When I started Alpha, I thought it'd be my least favorite, but it turned out to be my most. I'm looking forward to checking out Legion!
Georgia
Mar 27, 2015 Georgia rated it really liked it
Think of this series as a campy B-Horror movie monster hunting series and you'll love it!!
Gwyn Harley
Jan 20, 2016 Gwyn Harley rated it really liked it
Definitely B grade stuff here, very silly but LOTS of fun. Don't read it thinking it's going to be the next (enter your choice of ground breaking literary genius here). Rather, take it for what it is. People with lots of big guns killing lots of big monsters with maximum bad assitude. Enjoy :)
  • Circus of Blood (Deacon Chalk: Occult Bounty Hunter #2.5)
  • Leviathan
  • PRIMAL Unleashed (PRIMAL, #2)
  • Plaza: An Archaeological Thriller
  • Oh My Goddess! Volume 28
  • Slaughterhouse (The Retreat #2)
  • Spree (Codename: Chandler #2)
  • Hell and Gone
  • Reflexive Fire
  • Velocity (Judd Bell & Corey Purchase, #1)
  • Nightbringer
  • Hex in the City (Fiction River, #5)
Larry Correia is the New York Times bestselling author of the Monster Hunter International series, the Grimnoir Chronicles, and the thriller Dead Six.
More about Larry Correia...

Monster Hunter International (5 books)
  • Monster Hunter International (Monster Hunter International, #1)
  • Monster Hunter Vendetta (Monster Hunter International, #2)
  • Monster Hunter Alpha (Monster Hunter International, #3)
  • Monster Hunter Legion (Monster Hunter International, #4)
  • Monster Hunter Nemesis (Monster Hunter International, #5)

“Why can’t we ever fight cute, helpless monsters? Like the ones on Sesame Street?” 14 likes
“The sight of so many guns, mostly deer rifles and duck guns but with a smattering of black rifles and riot shotguns, made him glad that this was going down in a rural area where people still had their heads screwed on right about personal defense.” 8 likes