Start by marking “Hollywood Hypocrites” as Want to Read:
Hollywood Hypocrites

Hollywood Hypocrites

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  32 reviews
THE BOOK YOU’RE ABOUT TO READ WILL PISS YOU OFF.

Are you sick of self-important celebrities preaching against “global warming,” yet flying private planes to their countless homes? Fed up with lectures about charity and philanthropy from miserly rockers who will do anything for a tax break? Disgusted by leftist stars decrying the evils of the S...more
Published March 13th 2012 by Threshold Editions

To ask other readers questions about Hollywood Hypocrites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hollywood Hypocrites

Patrick
I'd give this book 100 stars if I could. Quick, fun read exposing the Hollywood nitwits for what they are. If listening I annoying celebrities tell you how to live your life only to do the exact opposite gets on you nerves this book is for you. It amazes me how the Hollywood elite preaches about the dangers of global warming while riding on their private jets or cutting down trees to build tennis courts in their backyard. How about the way they talk about the rich not paying enough in taxes yet...more
Diana
I'm looking forward to reading this book, because I'm tired of the hypocrisy.
Michelle
Mattera told his readers that reading this book would "...piss you off." It did, but it also made me laugh. I've always seen most celebrities as hypocritical, but examples - such as Leonardo DiCaprio lecturing the ignorant commoners about our carbon footprints, then driving away in a fleet of suv's to the airport & taking a private jet to one of his several homes - is only the tip of the iceberg! Mattera manages to cushion the blow a bit with his humor & wit. So I was educated and entert...more
Frank Butry
Typical of the so called royalty here in the USA, most actors have no clue of the real world, and are the biggest hypocrites in the world, this book bares all, and the best has got to be the pages on Barbara Streisand.
Steven Shroyer
This book is brutal and scathing. Mattera pulls no punches taking on the left wing's celebrity mouthpieces and doing so in a way that is also hilariously funny. Mattera's writing style may not be for all tastes but I enjoy it because it is the style of an author who is genuinely pissed off and it comes through in every word of this book.

Get this book and give it a spin, you may end up thinking differently. Oh by the way F**K DAVID GEFFIN!!!!!!!
Kdesoto
I thought this book was interesting. Some language. Amazing the lifestyles people live and then act differently. Like owning acres of acres of land and not having to pay many taxes because you have someone keeping bees on it so you are a farmer. (that was a badly worded sentence) Those are the people that really like President Obama and have the money to back him up.
Judie Hatton
Great facts and lots of humor. It is interestng that these people find tax loop holes and then turn around and tellt the rest of us that we need to assist and pay more. These people also preach to me about saving the environment and then get in their jets. Luckily Mattera adds humor, otherwise it would have been so frustrating to read.
Jeanne Morigeau
My favorite point in this book is that if you let a celebrity know they are a liability to their preachy cause, they will shut up and disappear.

I remember a long time ago several celebrities were bad mouthing teachers until somebody pointed out they were all high school dropouts. That shut them up!
Miriam Brown
Thought Provoking!

Enjoyed the style used to point out how the Hollywood Hypocrites push for the majority to donate until you've nothing left to give while the HH's look for ways to hide and protect what is theirs. Unbelievable, disgusting and outrageous!

Melissa
Very well documented and with an easy to read style. I really did appreciate all the sources in the back of the book so if I thought something was out of context I could go and find the quote to check it out.
Robert Glover
This is the second book of Jason Mattera's I've read and both are interesting (the other being "Obama Zombies"). Keep in mind that he's not just criticizing Hollywood, but rather the hypocrisy of specific individuals in the entertainment industry. From singers espousing the working class and big government who skip out of paying taxes to anti-gun, anti-violent rappers and actors who want to literally beat sense into conservatives, to racists who masquerade as high-minded, equality-conscious "pro...more
Julie
Loved it. Mattera provides facts and humor. Made me laugh out loud througout the book.
Dachokie
Salient Points Drown in Sea of Sarcasm ...

Jason Mattera has proven himself to be a talented leader among young conservative pundits regardless of whether one agrees with his point-of-view. While his first book "Obama Zombies" came across as both fresh, witty and well-sourced, his follow-up book, HOLLYWOOD HYPOCRITES, is somewhat of a letdown.

HOLLYWOOD HYPOCRITES does effectively hammer home the "do as I say, not as I do" message that so many celebrities use to sucker their legions of adoring fa...more
Gary Braham
I am only few the first few chapters of the book, and already need to write something as a review. My review could range from anywhere between 1-3 stars. The content is pretty good, but the style is so over the top, it almost makes the book unreadable. He seems to be going for Ann Coulter style, but on steroids. It's like a bad impersonation of what liberals think right wing talk radio sounds like. I've found the style to be very jarring, especially right after reading "Primetime Propaganda" whi...more
Daniel
Don't get me wrong. Hollywood being so hyperbolic about everything opinionated is all so thoroughly entertaining to me. It is, however, seemingly just not too sensible or practical. And it can certainly be viewed as overtly preachy or slightly condescending.

But I can't have it both ways either.

I live in the greatest country in the world because my country has Hollywood, and, to a lesser extent, because the headquarters of the UN and off-Broadway are also located within the US of A.
Liz
Don't read this if you wish to have your favorite hollywood actors/celebrities put under the same microscope normally used for colorectal screenings. I like Bono, but after reading this I think he's a bit of an ass-hat. While Mattera's bold writing style seems to suggest he's "blowing the lid" off of whatever he's choosing to write about, most of this information is pretty well known and not a huge shock to me. News alert: Michael Moore and Alec Baldwin are liberals!! Clutch my pearls!
Beth
No real surprises and it is a bit of a rant. This listing of who's who in the Hollywood do as I say not as I do world. He does make a good point about tax policy. If you are a wealthy person who honestly thinks that wealthy people need to pay more in taxes than byvall means do so.
Attn Dept G Bureau of the Public Debt P. O. Box 2188 Parkersburg, WV 26106-2188
Any person whobwants to send extra money to the US Government can just use the above address.
Lana Glover
The hypocrisy of the Hollywood "elite" is astounding. How do they live with themselves? This book points out many of the worst offenders and will definitely make you rethink about how you spend your entertainment dollars. I don't want to waste another cent on these jerks.
Vicki
This book did get me angry reading about all the usual suspects and their liberal hypocrisy. I thought the author went over the top, however, in trying to be snarky and clever. A little of that goes a long way and you start looking like you're trying too hard.
Rebekah
If he hadn't called names so much, I would have given this 5 stars. I get that it's part of his schtick, but the facts speak for themselves; he didn't need to be quite so inflammatory. If you can get over that part of things, this is an interesting and quick read.
Beth
Interesting look at the hypocrisy of those trying to tell others how they should live their life as they do the exact thing they tell you not to do. Eye opening at times, but could have been written more objectively with just the facts laid out.
Fredrick Danysh
The author lambasts Hollywood and media types for what he perceives to be hypocritical actions. He says that they feel certain rights should be denied the average citizen while they keep them for themselves and take public money.
Elyse
It was fascinating to hear how some famous people live, but I didn't like the authors tone when writing about it. He called names and was condescending, but the facts that he cited were disturbing.
Annie
May 09, 2012 Annie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
The author is a little toooo right wing for my liking, but I always love to read about the absurdity of celebrities.
Cara Ellison
Rather tepid recounting of Liberal hypocrisy. Not terrible, but just not something that gripped me.
John
Interesting book - putting in one place all the info that's available. Fun read, but not earth shattering.
Yvonne O'connor
Whiny at times, but certainly skewers the leftist hollywood for their many hypocritcal ways.
Alice
Nothing new or noteworthy that has not already been published on news or websites.
Taylor
I appreciate the sarcasm in this book very much.
Cheryl
Fun read!! Like the author's style.
Jason Mattera is a New York Times bestselling author and the youngest editor of a national periodical, Human Events.

In 2010, Mattera’s debut book, OBAMA ZOMBIES: How the Liberal Machine Brainwashed My Generation (THRESHOLD EDITIONS) landed at #14 on the New York Times bestseller list.

Mattera has appeared on virtually every major talk radio and television program, including: The O’Reilly Factor, H...more
More about Jason Mattera...
Obama Zombies: How the Liberal Machine Brainwashed My Generation Crapitalism: Liberals Who Make Millions Swiping Your Tax Dollars Obama Zombies 10 Habits of Decidedly Defective People: The Successful Loser's Guide to Life

“There's just something about progressive charities and celebrity-backed causes that makes every "charity" they create or touch turn into a money pit or a scandal.” 1 likes