Start by marking “When Truth Is Gangsta: A Novel” as Want to Read:
When Truth Is Gangsta: A Novel

When Truth Is Gangsta: A Novel

4.53 of 5 stars 4.53  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  8 reviews
After the gruesome murder of his parents, a young boy plots to rule the streets of Detroit, but first he must contend with a corrupt mayor and a serial killer murdering drug dealers.

At age eight, an assault team storms Walker “Ruffneck” Story’s rural Pennsylvania family compound, killing both of his parents. With the butler’s help,
Published May 22nd 2012 by Strebor Books

To ask other readers questions about When Truth Is Gangsta, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Truth Is Gangsta

Sheena  at Hot Eats and Cool Reads
This book was phenomenal. It is everything you would expect of a street lit novel, and it was addictive from page one. Ruffneck is ruthless. At age 8, his parents were murdered right in front of him, and from that point forward, he was dead set on revenge. Detroit is the perfect setting for Ruffneck's gritty and dark story, and the storyline was exciting throughout the whole book. I loved the serial killer tie-in and especially liked the scene inside the Michigan Central Train Station, which I g ...more
Denise Baliruno
I think this book is awesome! It is one of those books that have your interest piqued from the word 'Go,' a sheer page turner that gets you spellbound... It has an array of characters that seem to come to life with every turn of the page. Honestly I cant fault this book. The plot is flawless to every point and yet realistic in its depication of Gang culture and life...What can I say more? Was Hooked from the beginning...couldnt put it down till I finished...and I so recommend it!
Reader's Paradise

This is my third book by this author, the first under the pen name Tecori Shelton and I have come to believe this author enjoys writing about life’s situations. Whether it’s about women being taken advantage of, family drama or loyalty, his pen won’t settle on one genre and the outcome results in 5 and 4 star book ratings.

Let me first start by saying I didn’t get the title until I sat in front of the “urban dictionary”, yea I will admit it I don’t read much street literature but I enjoy reading.
African Americans on the Move Book Club
To be honest I have to admit that (urban fiction) is a new genre for me. This journey with Ruffneck was full of twists and very well written character descriptions. Here is a story worth giving time to as we follow Walker on his quest to forge his own empire while seeking revenge, simultaneously had me wanting to be his cheerleader, sitting on the edge of my seat in one instance and cringing in another.One could surmise that Walker 'Ruffneck' Story's future was laid out for him in the very begin ...more
OOSA
Collision Course

Walker ‘Ruffneck’ Story Jr. can't recall his parents’ faces. All he knows is that his life changed overnight. The one person who can help him understand his legacy, Granny Sinclair, won't.

While bidding his time, until Granny Sinclair finally reveals the truth, Ruffneck is building his street team preparing to war with the big boys. Before Ruffneck can fully unleash his plan, he's caught and locked up for two years. While serving his time, Granny Sinclair and his cousin are kille
Tanya Wright
This book held me captive from the very beginning!! It is an intense account of life in an urban city which I can relate to by all means. The main character Ruffneck led an explosive life which was fueled by a childhood tragedy. I love the way that the author tied the story together and kept me wondering what was going to happen next in this mans life. It also has a cliffhanger of an ending that makes you anticipate the arrival of the next book! Bring it on Mr. Sheldon I am waiting!!!
Ares
Tecori Sheldon (Thomas Slater) has totally out done himself. This was the best urban book I have read in a long time. This should be a movie. The characters are so real. I could not put this book down. Page by page kept me wanting more. Walker Story Jr is a bad brother. If you liked Run with the Pack by Thomas Slater you will love, love, love When Truth is Gansta!
Deeric
Deeric marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Christine Foteva
Christine Foteva marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Keem Band
Keem Band marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Tru Essync
Tru Essync marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Bettie
Bettie added it
Jul 12, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Tia
Tia marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2013
Mirrlees
Mirrlees marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Ruth Gebrehiwot
Ruth Gebrehiwot marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2012
Sarah added it
Sep 01, 2012
Shizz P
Shizz P marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2012
K Nikki  Waden
K Nikki Waden marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2012
*~CONN!3~
*~CONN!3~ marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2012
Lesa Jones
Lesa Jones marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2012