Start by marking “When Truth Is Gangsta: A Novel” as Want to Read:
When Truth Is Gangsta: A Novel

When Truth Is Gangsta: A Novel

4.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  19 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
After the gruesome murder of his parents, a young boy plots to rule the streets of Detroit, but first he must contend with a corrupt mayor and a serial killer murdering drug dealers.

At age eig
Published May 22nd 2012 by Strebor Books

To ask other readers questions about When Truth Is Gangsta, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Truth Is Gangsta

Denise Baliruno
Oct 23, 2012 Denise Baliruno rated it it was amazing
I think this book is awesome! It is one of those books that have your interest piqued from the word 'Go,' a sheer page turner that gets you spellbound... It has an array of characters that seem to come to life with every turn of the page. Honestly I cant fault this book. The plot is flawless to every point and yet realistic in its depication of Gang culture and life...What can I say more? Was Hooked from the beginning...couldnt put it down till I finished...and I so recommend it!
Sheena  at Hot Eats and Cool Reads
This book was phenomenal. It is everything you would expect of a street lit novel, and it was addictive from page one. Ruffneck is ruthless. At age 8, his parents were murdered right in front of him, and from that point forward, he was dead set on revenge. Detroit is the perfect setting for Ruffneck's gritty and dark story, and the storyline was exciting throughout the whole book. I loved the serial killer tie-in and especially liked the scene inside the Michigan Central Train Station, which I g ...more
Reader's Paradise
Jul 27, 2012 Reader's Paradise rated it really liked it
Shelves: review

This is my third book by this author, the first under the pen name Tecori Shelton and I have come to believe this author enjoys writing about life’s situations. Whether it’s about women being taken advantage of, family drama or loyalty, his pen won’t settle on one genre and the outcome results in 5 and 4 star book ratings.

Let me first start by saying I didn’t get the title until I sat in front of the “urban dictionary”, yea I will admit it I don’t read much street literature but I enjoy reading.
African Americans on the Move Book Club
To be honest I have to admit that (urban fiction) is a new genre for me. This journey with Ruffneck was full of twists and very well written character descriptions. Here is a story worth giving time to as we follow Walker on his quest to forge his own empire while seeking revenge, simultaneously had me wanting to be his cheerleader, sitting on the edge of my seat in one instance and cringing in another.One could surmise that Walker 'Ruffneck' Story's future was laid out for him in the very begin ...more
OOSA
Aug 19, 2012 OOSA rated it liked it
Collision Course

Walker ‘Ruffneck’ Story Jr. can't recall his parents’ faces. All he knows is that his life changed overnight. The one person who can help him understand his legacy, Granny Sinclair, won't.

While bidding his time, until Granny Sinclair finally reveals the truth, Ruffneck is building his street team preparing to war with the big boys. Before Ruffneck can fully unleash his plan, he's caught and locked up for two years. While serving his time, Granny Sinclair and his cousin are kille
Tanya Wright
Jun 17, 2012 Tanya Wright rated it it was amazing
This book held me captive from the very beginning!! It is an intense account of life in an urban city which I can relate to by all means. The main character Ruffneck led an explosive life which was fueled by a childhood tragedy. I love the way that the author tied the story together and kept me wondering what was going to happen next in this mans life. It also has a cliffhanger of an ending that makes you anticipate the arrival of the next book! Bring it on Mr. Sheldon I am waiting!!!
Punkin
Jan 26, 2015 Punkin rated it liked it
a good book
TAMEKA
TAMEKA is currently reading it
Jun 12, 2016
Luschus Beth
Luschus Beth marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Deidre
Deidre marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Staci Arbor
Staci Arbor marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Deeric
Deeric marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Christine Foteva
Christine Foteva marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Keem Band
Keem Band marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Yellagirlgc
Yellagirlgc rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2014
Tru Essync
Tru Essync marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Bettie
Bettie added it
Jul 12, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Daniel Starzec
Daniel Starzec rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2013
Tia
Tia marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2013
Mirrlees
Mirrlees marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Ursula Lenori
Ursula Lenori rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2012
Angel
Angel rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2012
Risha Richardson
Risha Richardson rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2012
Ruth Gebrehiwot
Ruth Gebrehiwot marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2012
Kimberley
Kimberley rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2012