Start by marking “Sea Fire” as Want to Read:
Sea Fire

Sea Fire (Pirates #2)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  477 ratings  ·  28 reviews
What can a beautiful captive say to a handsome, ruthless pirate? Anything but “no.”
He was her husband, her lover, the pirate who seized her body, then stole her heart. Lady Catherine Aldley fled England to make a home with the infamous Jonathan Hale in Carolina. But their perfect life was shattered when Cathy was summoned to England to her ailing father, and discovered th
Published February 28th 2012 by Pocket Star (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Sea Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sea Fire

Gentle Rogue by Johanna LindseyThe Corsair's Revenge by Jane GodmanThe Windflower by Laura LondonAcross a Moonlit Sea by Marsha CanhamWrong Kind of Paradise by Suzie Grant
Best Pirate and Privateer Romances
16th out of 67 books — 47 voters
Cloudy With A Chance Of Marriage by Kieran KramerOffbeat Love Stories and More by Jennifer K. LaffertyThe Key by Lynsay SandsIn Bed with a Highlander by Maya BanksLord and Lady Spy by Shana Galen
That Girl on the Book Cover
50th out of 77 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Melissa
Remind me how thing guy is a hero ... was it when he called her a whore, slut, or bitch? Or was was it when he raped her after saving her from a rape? Or the multiple of other times he raped her? Or when he slept with another woman? Or when he kidnapped her child? I like the bad boys and redemption but there is no redeeming this character.
Regan Walker
4 and Stars - Sequel as Exciting a Pirate Story as the First

Once again, I disagree with the low reviews.

This is the sequel to Robards’ ISLAND FLAME and it involves the same hero and heroine two years after their “happily ever after” in book 1. I gave the first story 4 and stars and pretty much dismissed the low reviews as I’m doing now. Like the first one, this is an 80’s bodice ripper, so accept that going in, but it is very well done and I recommend it.

Robards knows how to write historical
This is the worst book I have ever read. This would make battle-hardened feminists weep blood.
Mayra
I bought the audio book from the store last week, 03/07/13 and I had no idea this was an "80's bodice ripping" anything. I have never heard of that term but it explains so much about the format. I will now make sure to look at publishing dates prior to making a purchase.

Imagine my shock to hear cussing, raping, verbal and physical abuse from the "hero." I am on the 5th CD (with 6 more left) and I wish she had let her "hero" hang. I try to skip around but almost every track (so far) had his call
Victoria Angelone
Really really good, I am breezing through it. So captivating, aggravating that Kathy can't just tell her pirate the truth so he can stop hurting her. This book is so good, though I didn't read the others in the series, it doesn't matter I'm still enjoying it immensely. I can't wait til I finish.
I gave this book 2 stars for one reason only. Mr. Jonathan Hale! The story was well written and there was certainly a lot going on to keep your interest, I just couldn't get past Jon's behavior. Between degrading Cathy, sleeping with another woman and rape u
Joanne
This is the second of 2 books for this great historical romance!!Both characters are stuborn as hell, they go through many dangerous adventures, but finely make it through.......good reads!!!!!!
Maranda Melton
couldn't put it down. I even shed tears in some parts. I'm so happy about the outcome in the end.
Maldivianbookreviewer
One of the worst books ever that I had the misfortune of reading. My review: http://bit.ly/cXWeSt
Kavitha
Good one! Enjoyed it & couldn't put the book down until I finish the book. :)
Fern Yeo
I felt I could identify with this book. I've not read #1 book before, but it didn't bother me too much. Unlike the vast majority of love stories, this is not about characters meeting for the first timeand falling in love. The couple are already married (and here's the twist) and they grapple hard as their love is challenged and Jon/Cathy clashed repeatedly esp as Jon is overcome by his insecurities.

I cringed inwardly whenever Cathy retorted in spite to admit things she hadn't done as she's baite
Cristina Contilli
Letto in traduzione...

La cosa migliore di questo romance è, secondo me, lo spunto iniziale: dopo la morte della madre il protagonista, Joss, rintraccia il nonno, a cui vuole consegnare delle lettere, scritte appunto dalla madre che ne era la figlia illegittima, ma, avendo una piccola impresa commerciale e comandando personalmente una delle navi che posasiede, Joss non immagina certo che sua nonna era una schiava né che il nonno, sconvolto dall'emozione nel conoscerlo, venga colto da un infarto e
Elle
Marilyn
I received this book thru good reads. This is quite a story. Cathy can get into alot of trouble by being stubborn and having a mind of her own. She gets into alot of trouble with this. She finds out her marriage to Jon isn't legal. Her love towards her husband saves him from death and she has to marry another. She falls from one problem to another. Sarita was a woman after Jon from the first time she saw him and Cathy had to fight to keep Jon from Sarita on the ship, but it didn't work completel ...more
Mskychick
Oh my god, that was horrible. Rapey 80s old Skool idiotic drivel. Absolute tripe
I'm disgusted with myself that I kept skimming to the end, when about 40% through I had decided I hated them.
Eve
It was fun to read a sequel to Island Flame, but the style of Karen Robards suffered a low blow in this one. Just sex depicted cheaply. At least, Island Flame was a little best written.
Christina Vanderford
This is the second story of cathy and jon. I found it to be just as good as the first one. Wow they go through alot. I really enjoyed reading this book and highly recommend.
Fre06 Begum
Apart from that incident with the other woman I actually liked this book better then the first.. I just love crazy jealous hero's!!!
Lovelybutterfly revolus
Horrible book, it was just a stupid woman who on multiple occasions condoned her own rape. And a stupid man who never felt any regret for his actions. Don't read it if you can help it.
Lorelle
Mar 16, 2012 Lorelle rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: BR READERS
When you read a romance novel from the early 80's, you know what to expect. This is a true bodice ripper of a book. There is sex, violence, rape and forced seduction, travel, big age difference, passionate verbal sparing, infidelity, incarceration, bodice ripping, long absences and misunderstandings. I really think this was a much better read than most of the reviews I've seen. You need to take this book in context and enjoy the ride.
ibNell
Another true Bodice Ripper. Did not enjoy this one as much as the first in the series. I liked the plot, but the verbal sparring that I enjoyed in Island Flame was a little excessive in this book.All the misunderstandings came to quickly - one right after another with no breathing room. Still a fun and easy read that takes you everywhere, with no holding back (as you would expect in a Bodice Ripper).
Giaghazal
Nice work, although i felt like seeing domestic drama/ reality show but i loved their first novel so much that i can't 'not love' this one.
Tanya Lea
Meh, would have helped it I realized this was a sequel....but I still got by. This book came up as a recommendation for me, otherwise I probably wouldn't have read it. I didn't hate it, just sorta lost interest. The back and forth miscommunication of a love story got old for me. Hence the low star review.
Dianna
I just found this book depressing with the constant bickering and dishonesty. It was also unnecessarily smutty for a romance novel. I didn't think there was much of a story line w/o the fighting and sex there'd been no story at all. I read about 3/4ths of the book and through it down. Ugh!
Drucilla
I didn't know that this was a sequel so I was really lost. Be sure to read the first one before you read this one. Other than that, the plot was one of those "if they had just told the truth none of this would have happened" plots. Kinda frustrating and done a million times.
Ale *en busca del próximo bookboyfriend*
Este es el libro más aburrido, predecible que he leído.
Esperaba más del segundo libro, ya que de por sí no me gusto Jon en el primer libro, pero en este.
Oshrat
  • Desert Hostage
  • The Pirate and the Pagan
  • Velvet Chains
  • My Lady Vixen
  • A Pirate's Pleasure (Cameron Family Saga #2)
  • Savage Surrender
  • Captain's Bride
  • Captive Passions (Captive, #1)
  • Crimson Rapture
  • Wicked Loving Lies (Morgan-Challenger, #3)
  • Fire & Ice
  • Never Call It Love
  • Embrace and Conquer
Karen was born on 24 August 1954 in Louisville, Kentucky, USA. She has been writing since she was a teenager. She sold her first short story, when was very young, and was published in the December 1973 Reader's Digest, but she cannot sold her first romance novel until 1981, when she was 24. After it, she dropped out of law school to pursue her writing career. Today, a regular on the New York Times ...more
More about Karen Robards...

Pirates (2 books)
  • Island Flame (Pirates, #1)
Shattered Bait One Summer The Last Victim (Dr. Charlotte Stone, #1) Shiver