Start by marking “Legends of the Dragonrealm: Shade” as Want to Read:
Legends of the Dragonrealm: Shade

Legends of the Dragonrealm: Shade (Dragonrealm #8)

4.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  100 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
An exciting new novel set in the fantasy world of New York Times bestselling author Richard A. Knaak’s Dragonrealm series.

New York Times bestselling author Richard A. Knaak’s unforgettable Legends of the Dragonrealm series continues with this spellbinding tale of a powerful sorcerer trapped in a purgatory of his own making.

Survivor of a once-mighty race of sorcerers, th
Published September 18th 2012 by Gallery Books (first published August 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Legends of the Dragonrealm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legends of the Dragonrealm

Jeff
Oct 09, 2012 Jeff rated it it was amazing
This book reveals answers to many mysteries from earlier in the series; and presents new mysteries as well. Nothing is simple and much is at stake for the mighty as well as the average person. By the end, there are discovery, triumph, and great loss --- as well as hints of future possibilities.

Long-time readers should enjoy the tale. Mr. Knaak provides sufficient back-story information for new readers to follow the story.
I personally recommend the entire series.
Timothy McNeil
Feb 28, 2013 Timothy McNeil rated it really liked it
Shelves: dragonrealm, fantasy
It is somewhat petty to let one paragraph of lazy writing and one instance (p. 279) where the wrong character's name is used (Cabe substitutes for Shade) keep this from getting a five star rating. So I'll say that I'm keeping it at four stars for the simple reason that the 'real death' of Gerrod Tezerenee feels so out of character with how the entire Dragonrealm stories had been structured to that point.
Still, I'm a huge GT fan and I think that Knaak has done a much better job developing Valea t
Kevin
Nov 12, 2012 Kevin rated it it was amazing
A very welcome return to the Dragonrealm! This book goes deep into the history of the Realm's most engmatic character as well as some surprising revelations about some of the Dragon Kings. I cannot recommend this book if you have never read anything from the Dragonrealm series previously. There are the Legends of the Dragonrealm omnibusses out there that I highly recommend for any fantasy sword and sorcery fans. Well written and avoids a lot of the cliches prevelant in the genre. Knaak delievers ...more
Barbara Huskey
May 03, 2013 Barbara Huskey rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won a copy from the Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

My son is very excited that I won this book. He loves Richard A. Knaak's books.

5/3/13 - I finally managed to dig this out of my son's room and read it myself. I enjoyed this book a lot. It was good and well written. I do wish that I had read the series prior to this book. I feel like the story was complete enough and interesting enough, but it definitely felt like I was missing some background story. It made me want more, that's for sure.
Donna (Jaevenstar)
Oct 07, 2012 Donna (Jaevenstar) rated it really liked it
Richard Knaak's writing style is so rich and vibrant. Every single word is carefully selected and builds the action so well! This is not a book you can rush through or you will get lost. The beautiful language sucked me into the story right away.

PS. Can I just tell you I think it is so cool that this author is involved in the World of Warcraft franchise!
Jacob
May 17, 2013 Jacob rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I read this book before I read any of the other's, it made me alittle upset because I should of read the series before Shade (so if you read this my suggestion is to do so) it was an amazing book and I went and bought all four of the other books thank you Richard Knaak you have open my world to reading. Thumbs Up.
Jack Leone
Feb 01, 2014 Jack Leone rated it really liked it
Great story, linked all the other characters and their pasts together, what I didnt like was the plot twords the end, everyone had there own evil plot so I was getting confused on what was really happening. Shade is the man..
Literary
Mar 10, 2013 Literary rated it did not like it
Mandy's Review:

Unfortunately, this book was a disappointment to me. Before I begin what I didn't like, though, let me say what I did like.

First, the cover is absolutely gorgeous! When you see the book in person, instead of just a picture at the top of a blog post, the colors really pop and are exciting to look at. It was the main reason why I decided to give this book a chance. I mean, if the cover is this exciting then the story inside has to be also ... right?

I also enjoyed the cast of charact
Rob
Nov 30, 2015 Rob rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great world

Probably the best book in an already excellent series. Well crafted and well written. I can't wait to see what the next books will bring.
Filip Kadera
Jul 02, 2014 Filip Kadera rated it really liked it
Shelves: vlastním
Tak teraz Dragonrealm prekvapil, je to po Ohnivom drakovi najlepšie.
Matthew
Jul 10, 2013 Matthew rated it really liked it
This was kind of a standalone, but it takes place in a larger universe after much has happened. While I was able to read it as a standalone, I couldn't help but feel that I was missing out on a lot of background lore. This book isn't in a numbered series, but I feel it should be read as though it were. Knaak has a habit of using strange sentence structure in wording that sometimes left me reading the same sentence multiple times before understanding it. Apart from that its a great book. I'm goin ...more
Robert Aldrich
Dec 29, 2013 Robert Aldrich rated it it was ok
I just could not get into this novel. I finished it, but only because I made myself. I have a lot of love for the original books in this series, but since I have grown as a reader, I guess I want more. Everyone we meet in this book as some kind of epicly powerful wizard, always pushing themselves to the limit of their power, yet they always have more and without the real need to rest, they are always ready for more.

Corey Grozelle
Feb 11, 2015 Corey Grozelle rated it really liked it
boy its wow wee that is interested story. i didn't know theres a lot of dragons to stand order. and that was really good moment that she kissed someone forgot hes name. but o well.
Michal
Feb 19, 2016 Michal rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-library
This book is one of the best books of dragonrealm series. Finally, the story of Shade is show and is quite unexpected and still the end brings new questions and new possible stories! :)
Ruth Kyle-devendorf
Jan 17, 2013 Ruth Kyle-devendorf rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Not as good as his previous books, Or perhaps it was not as good due to the fact that he tried to end the series in the last 5 chapters. =( =(
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Tyler Vento
Tyler Vento rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Brittney
Brittney marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Jessica Johnson
Jessica Johnson rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2016
Carina Verónica
Carina Verónica rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Vali Neagu
Vali Neagu marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Lord
Lord marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2016
David
David marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Benjamin
Benjamin marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Allen
Allen marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Vicky
Vicky is currently reading it
Feb 06, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Chris Weber
Chris Weber rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Jack
Jack rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2016
Trevor
Trevor marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Nice Review for Shade! 1 5 Aug 06, 2012 12:48AM
  • The Silver Sword (The Ea Cycle, #2)
  • Called to Darkness (Pathfinder Tales)
  • The Tower of Bones (Three Powers, #2)
  • The Office of Shadow
  • Eloah's Amulet (Book 1 of 4)
  • All That We See Or Seem
  • The Dragon's Doom (Band of Four, #4)
  • Falling From Eternity
  • How to Cut a Cake: And Other Mathematical Conundrums
  • UnGuarded
  • Time Pullers
  • Oracle of the Morrigan (Hallowmere, #6)
  • Iron Hearted Violet
  • Deception Peak
  • The Shen Counter
  • The Kronos Interference
  • Shadows of Perception
  • Path of Beasts (The Keepers, #3)
Richard A. Knaak is the bestselling author of Dragonlance novels, Dragonrealm (his own creation), six novels for Blizzard Entertainment's Diablo series, and six works in the Warcraft universe. He has also written five non-series fantasy books.

More about Richard A. Knaak...

Dragonrealm (8 books)
  • Firedrake (Dragonrealm, #1)
  • Ice Dragon (Dragonrealm, #2)
  • Wolfhelm (Dragonrealm, #3)
  • Shadow Steed (Dragonrealm, #4)
  • The Crystal Dragon (Dragonrealm, #5)
  • The Dragon Crown (Dragonrealm, #6)
  • The Horse King (Dragonrealm, #7)