Start by marking “The DASH Diet for Weight Loss: Lose Weight and Keep It Off--the Healthy Way--with America's Most Respected Diet” as Want to Read:

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  8 reviews
The #1 diet plan in America for eating healthfully is now a weight-loss plan, too.

Unlike most diets, the DASH Diet is based on favorite foods you can find at the grocery store around the corner. It’s easy to follow, it won’t leave you hungry, and it’s built for long-lasting results. It’s also America’s healthiest diet. And
Published April 17th 2012 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about The DASH Diet for Weight Loss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The DASH Diet for Weight Loss

Carolyn Amundson
The motto of the diet is similar to Pritikin: eat a high volume of food, eat lower calories, and eat slowly. It's a pretty sensible diet that requires counting servings/exchanges rather than calories and recommends exercise. Not new information, but nothing crazy, either.

The book has the standard BMI chart and explains the problems with obesity. It also has a chart of how many calories you should be eating based on height and activity level. Based on the calorie chart, another chart says how ma
Joshua
The Dash Diet is a good plan for changing your lifestyle and regimenting your diet. The book, however, explains it so simply, it almost seemed like I was being talked to like a child. Instead of whole milk, drink nonfat. No crap. This would be a good read for someone with absolutely no idea of what is healthy and what is not.
Claire
This is a good book. It advocates a healthy diet that will allow you to lose weight and improve your health. I had recently read the Cinch diet book, which is pretty much the same diet. I have to say I preferred the Cinch book. The author seemed to cite more studies to back up her claims, and I prefer her recipes. Either book encourages the reader to eat a healthy, well-balanced diet.
Frances Ramsey
I'm paging through this one and it just looks too complicated. I should read the whole thing but I'm a little turned off by how complicated its seems. I was looking for something with more healthy recipes and a little easier to follow. Nope, not for me.
Chanah
For me this is a no as I need to go gluten free. I would't be able to follow this plan. It is highly acclaimed though so my take should no prevent anyone else from checking it out.
Martha Earl
Eat less junk and exercise more. Same as available free on government site. I am working on using the principles.
Lori
Seems like a very logical plan for those of us needing written directions beyond STOP putting food in your mouth.
Brandy Bones
Good sensible diet and research nice to understand but not written or organized in accessible format.
Alena
Alena marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Penny Nugent
Penny Nugent is currently reading it
Mar 11, 2015
Heather Cotton
Heather Cotton marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Alanna
Alanna marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Desiree
Desiree marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Claire
Claire added it
Sep 08, 2014
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Traci Menge
Traci Menge marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The DASH Diet for Hypertension The DASH Diet for Weight Loss Deadly Medicine: Why Tens of Thousands of Heart Patients Died in America's Worst Drug Disaster Prescriptions for Disaster: Hidden Dangers in Your Medicine Cabinet Lifespan: New Perspectives on Extending Human Longevity