Start by marking “Inner Circle” as Want to Read:
Inner Circle

Inner Circle

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  201 ratings  ·  52 reviews
Evelyn Lozada, the breakout star of VH1’s hit reality show Basketball Wives, brings you her first novel in the hot new series, The Wives Association.

Against her mother’s wishes and her own reservations, Eve Inez marries Los Angeles Leopard’s superstar wide receiver, Chase Landon, and finds herself in a close-knit circle of friends who are al
Published June 12th 2012 by Cash Money Content (first published June 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Inner Circle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inner Circle

Joi
The Inner Circle is a story loosely based on alleged Basketball wife Evelyn Lozada's life and experiences. Eve Inez is a smart beautiful paralegal that works for one of the top sports agencies in Miami Florida. Eve's beauty is so enticing that she is used on more then one occasion as bate for the many football and basketball players that come through the agency. While working her dream job Eve meets a baller who Will not take no for an answer. Chase Landon is the smooth superstar wide receiver o ...more
Samantha Janning
I’m a big fan of sports, reality shows, and novels. So when I was asked to review Inner Circle, the first novel in The Wives Association series written by Evelyn Lozada, I was obviously sold. Lozada is currently married to NFL star Chad Ochocinco, and her books (co-authored by Courtney Parker) are loosely based on her knowledge of what it is like to be an athlete’s wife. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from this book, but as someone who constantly says she is in love with men such Aaron Rodge ...more
Elaine
I read this in a day and a half, only because I wanted to get through it, and thought it would get better. It didn't. The book came across like a stereotypical 'black' movie. There was a lot if neck rolls, rolling of the eyes, threats of beating someone's ass, chiles and bitches. Pretty much what you see Evelyn and Tami doing on BBWs, is what this book is about.

The book needs heavy editing, many grammatical mistakes. Some scenes were just too long.

If you watched Evelyn on BBWs, consider yourself
Natasha
I was skeptical at first, not sure if I liked the narrator's voice but it grew on me and I enjoyed her slight variations to sound different for other characters. If you like drama and scandal, there's enough here to keep you engulfed. I'll definitely be reading or listening to the following books to come in the series.
Monique
Yeah I got to finish a book in a day!! Too good to be true but a lazy clean-up Sunday with football in the background, Thanksgiving leftovers still available to eliminate dinner and a read that went by oh so fast I am loving how December starts :)-this book was just like my guilty pleasure reality tv shows like Basketball Wives, the Real Housewives etc. and went into the seemingly glamorous lives of impossibly beautiful women being wined and dined and married to very attractive, talented men wit ...more
Lauren Ummel
The writing was elementary and had a lot of mistakes. It was also repetitive with sayings and trying to be clever. I felt like Evelyn was bragging a little bit through the main character about all that she has, and using her own sayings and merchandise in the book was no coincidence. However, the story was intriguing and it was fun to try and figure out which characters in the book were the ones in real life and what was true and what wasn't. I read it in one day and will only read the next one ...more
Chivon
I enjoyed this book. I read it in two days because it was a page turner. I only rated it three stars because the content was to be expected. A bunch of athletes wives dealing with crazy drama. I was pleasantly surprised that the book was not predictable, although the type of drama was, how that drama unfolded was not. Love the characters, and I really thought Evelyn did a good job with this story, it was better than I thought. yes, there were lots of mistakes in text.
Roxie D
OMG.
I love trashy reality tv, and have been watching Basketball Wives for a few years. Naturally, when my library got this in, I had to check it out.
It was so appallingly bad that I couldn't even get halfway through it.
There were MULTIPLE times for multiple characters where the sex scenes were suuuuuper duper rapey, but she wrote it off as their man just being super duper into them. That was off-putting.
Also, if you absolutely loooove the 1% and hearing about how they're disconnected from realit
Roxana
I initially thought when I grabbed this book off the shelf that it was a biographical book but when I realized it was a novel I was iffy about liking it. It actually turned out to be a decent book and the main character reminded me so much of Evelyn that I kept hearing her voice as I read. I was just a little irked by the ending. I hate to be continued. Drives me bananas! Overall its a book worth trying.
Brililah

If Evelyn had wrote this book before her fame off the reality show nobody would be so into this new series of books to come this book was very poorly written to me it was not good until the last two chapters throughout the book it was way to easy for me to predict and be correct about everything was going to happen....I would not recommend this book or read the next book in the series
Molly
Oh my goodness...the ending of this book shocked me so much. This was a very entertaining book. As a fan of Basketball Wives, I felt like I could hear Evelyn's voice reading the book to me!
C.
I was actually surprised by this book. I picked it up at my library, not really expecting to like it. I loved it. I can't wait until the next book.
Deuce Bigelow
Just like watching an episode of Basketball Wives...
Shawna Hansen
I listened to the audio book. This book is very physical, so if messy. slurpy sex scenes aren't appealing, this book may not be one you'd enjoy. I had to make sure to turn the volume down and close the moon roof when I was at red lights. This book is a fascinating insider's look at the lifestyle of some incredibly rich and self-absorbed celebrity wives. Every now and then one of the wives seems to be a little deeper than you expect, but then it all reverts down to primal needs - Gucci, lunch in ...more
Tanya Jackson
MY DISCLAIMER: Since I have yet to write or publish a novel of my own, I prefer not to speak negatively of other people's work.

However, this was not good, sorry.
Gold-digging, label name-droppping, and bitch this and bitch that was so annoying to me I could not even finish the book.
Sandra Atueyi
Evelyn Lozada is a business and successful woman. She did a really good job. Inner Circle (Wives Association) is a good book to read. I like the concept and vibe book. Evelyn Lozada take her time to write for this book.

I'm a fan of the Evelyn Lozada. Evelyn Lozada is my role model. I have never judge who she is. The main character of Eve is a business, successful, friendly, honor, talent, model, and lovely woman for this book. She helps lot of people in this book. She is also a wonderful wife an
Shannan Hicks
It's not ever going to win a National Book Award, but a mindless read for a Sunday afternoon. Definitely check this out from the library or borrow. DO NOT spend money on this.
Taj'mah Spencer
book was dumb a lot of cussing and poor behavior in the book she should of just wrote a tell all book she's not a good story teller
Ashley Lauren

Here's the thing, for what it is, Basketball Wives drama in novel format, it's pretty good. It was very exciting and enthralling. However between the degrading behavior of women and minor typos, I was slightly annoyed by the portrayal of women with access to so much money. Other than that, I will be reading the sequel for entertainment because there are apparently plenty of woman who actually live with this type of behavior and drama and I'm totally entertained by it.
Nicole Westley
I was totally impressed by what I read. I truly believe this was the Evelyn Lozada that I should of met on BBW.

If you have not read this book, please go and pick it up you will not be disappointed. I loved the way that Evelyn kept her loyalty to the girls throughout this whole book.

I would of NEVER in a million years thought JACKIE was the way she was, especially the way she came off on BBW of LA. Totally blew me in this book.

I can't wait for part 2.
Karen
It was entertaining. lol at a few moments. The song gucci, gucci kept coming to mind.
Nikki Archer
I like the story it was good it about married rich woman and their famous basketball husband .So when two wives husband get caught up cheating. eve come up with the Association it to take care of your self when your man try to leave you dry with nothing. then eve runs in problem with her Husband and from they it a hold like action. i must say this book keep you reading till the end

Rakia
I was ready to hate this book because I'm not a fan of the Evelyn on Basketball Wives. Unfortunately for me the book is not that bad. It's actually entertaining up until the too predictable ending. The main Character Eve starts behaving as they do on Basketball wives which annoys me. I always feel like they are too old to be fighting and throwing drinks at parties.
Glam
Aug 01, 2012 Glam marked it as to-read
This book was just OK, lots of errors and CMC has way too many heavy hittin authors on there team for this book to be just be OK. I didn't hate the book it just didn't really do anything for me at all. I'm hope they request one of there other authors to help Evelyn of on the next book of this series...
Tanisa Bernard
i was all set, not to like this book. but if you like the style of author niobia bryant, then you'll like this book. it was fast-paced and a quick read. it made me laugh out loud and frown in anguish but it is definitely one to read:)! i hear there's a sequel coming soon!
Kanika
Plot was very predictable. She made the characters based on the women from the basketball wives. I struggled to finish it. At some points I found myself glazing over words. I will not be reading the next book...if that ever happens.
Stacey Nelson
It was an interesting read. I won't purchase the next installment but rather borrow from the library. It was not all that different from the other books on the market. Nothing to make me run and tell my friends to read it.
Ti'Africia Lucas- Woodard
Not at all what I expected. I got through it because I was listening to it on CD. I know if I had to actually read it, I would have put it to the side. It was fast paced but I felt like something was missing.
Latwoia
I'll read a second installment. I enjoyed the book more than the show simply cause this is fiction. Can't believe grown women really act like this but they do. The narrator of the audiobook is awesome.
Cristina Vela
It was okay... I was expecting a better story line. The last few chapters got good, but there were some times when the book dragged, especially in the beginning. I hope the second book is better!
Reading Between C...: Inner Circle - Thoughts.... 3 6 Oct 28, 2013 01:01PM
  • Stories from Candyland: Confections from One of Hollywood's Most Famous Wives and Mothers
  • Power & Beauty: A Love Story of Life on the Streets (Power & Beauty, #1)
  • Deer in the Headlights: My Life in Sarah Palin's Crosshairs
  • The DIVA Principle®: Secrets to Divine Inspiration for Victorious Attitude
  • Bouncing Back: I've Survived Everything... and I Mean Everything...and You Can Too!
  • Never Make the Same Mistake Twice: Lessons on Love and Life Learned the Hard Way
  • Darius Jones
  • Six Weeks to OMG
  • The Naked Mom: A Modern Mom's Fearless Revelations,Savvy Advice, and Soulful Reflections
  • Murderville (Murderville, #1)
  • Dancing Lessons: How I Found Passion and Potential on the Dance Floor and in Life
  • Red Carpet Suicide: A Survival Guide on Keeping Up With the Hiltons
  • Sweet Revenge: The Intimate Life of Simon Cowell
  • My Son Marshall, My Son Eminem
  • Take Big Bites: Adventures Around the World and Across the Table
  • Control the Crazy: My Plan to Stop Stressing, Avoid Drama, and Maintain Inner Cool
  • Killing Willis: From Diff'rent Strokes to the Mean Streets to the Life I Always Wanted
  • My Life with Stephen