Start by marking “A Sentimental Traitor” as Want to Read:
A Sentimental Traitor

A Sentimental Traitor (Harry Jones #5)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  16 reviews
A missile tears a passenger plane from the skies over London. Everyone on board is killed, including thirty-seven special children. As terror turns to international chaos, can the government survive...?
Who would have killed them? And why? When Harry Jones starts searching for answers, he stumbles into the middle of a plot that stretches from Russia to the Islamic revolutio
Published February 16th 2012 by Simon & Schuster UK

To ask other readers questions about A Sentimental Traitor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Sentimental Traitor

Jim Thornton
A quick read, but compelling.

Strongest Harry Jones book yet I think. Don't go looking for intellectual stimulation, but if you'd like a straightforward thriller, give this a go.

Recommendation? Read.
Dave
Not for me this one. Got 150 odd pages in and had to put it down.

There was nothing really happening. The idea had so much potential but all I really got from it was akin to a boring day at the office. It was readable, but I've better books to be going on with.

The writing style was so-so, story telling very slow with nothing of value bulking it out.

Characters were thin, cold, with an odd sense of perversion.

The author's knowledge of how internal government and the EU work was probably on the mon
Bev Taylor
a harry jones thriller

a missile tears a passenger jet from the skies over london killing all ob board inc 37 american children of embassy officials

were they the target or someone/thing else?

harry jones starts searching for the answers and whilst doing so finds him declared bankrupt, losing his status as mp and also being accused by the police if sexual assault and murder

all in a days work!

eventually he finds the culprit but even then all is not as it seems

bev

Rachel
This was my first Michael Dobbs book, having seen the original House of Cards many years ago I was interested to see what this would be like. Certainly not as good as House of cards but a fairly fast moving thriller with plenty of political intrigue and the ability to make the EU sound almost interesting (an achievement in itself).

An interesting opening sequence but some of the main protagonists decisions were a little difficult to believe. Good enough that I would try another one.
David Lowther
With Dobbs' novels you know what you're going to get; some nice people, some horrible people, a totally implausible plot and some interesting locations. Its been like that since House of Cards.

A Sentimental Traitor is bang up to date. The government is tottering and the economic forecast is bleak. Terrorism is a global threat. There are several threads to the story. Once these start to come together, the pace picks up and it becomes a bit of a page turner. The hero (and heroine) are both vulnera
Yla Delarosa
I had always been drawn to stories that not only depicts real life situations, but also something that is about crime-solving and deceit and characters outsmarting each other. I think this book didn't fail to give a very mind-blowing opening and each turn of event just kept getting interesting.

Once I started reading this book I just cannot put it down. I want to know what will happen next and it has kept me wanting to keep turning the page so I can find out how it will end. This book has given m
Myrna Roach
Great political drama worth reading. It took me a while to get into the British politicians minds but once I got it, it was a great book.

This was my first Michael Dobbs read and I intend to add to my collection.

Great writer.
Colin David
As always well written although the "destruction" of Harry Jones by a European Security Agency is a bit far fetched: nothing in the EU is that efficient!
Alec Hyde
Fifth in the Harry Jones series. Great characterisation, plot and dialogue - up to the final few chapters. Felt like an anti-climax, after all the plotting and action, in the way the denouement was arrived at. Personally, I'd like to have seen more - retribution against the evil-doers; greater explanation for what lay behind it all; just felt a little rushed towards the end. Otherwise, would have given five stars.
Jane
A nicely paced political thriller in the Harry Jones series. Easy to follow without a huge, confusing reveal at the end that leaves the reader scratching their head, but instead this one eased you along with just enough information for to follow both sides of the plot.
Kathie
Although I'm new to the Harry Jones thriller series, I'll be looking for more from this author. With a setting in England, the story was a little slow to develop, but heated up quickly and was hard to put down.
Brett Collins
I have got in to Harry Jones series of books and this one was great
Out and out thriller.
Miss M
Pure rubbish. I'm shocked this is the same author who gave us Francis Urquhart.
Marleen
Marleen is currently reading it
Dec 06, 2014
Gonzalo Pardo
Gonzalo Pardo marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Gmoney.gold
Gmoney.gold marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Michael Dobbs was born on the same day, in the same hour as Prince Charles in 1948.

He is the son of nurseryman Eric and his wife Eileen Dobbs and was educated at Hertford Grammar School and Christ Church, Oxford University. After graduating in 1971 he moved to the United States.

In the USA he attended the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts, which he
More about Michael Dobbs...
House of Cards (Francis Urquhart, #1) Winston's War (Winston Churchill #1) Never Surrender (Winston Churchill, #2) To Play the King (Francis Urquhart #2) Churchill's Triumph (Winston Churchill #4)