Start by marking “The Power Trip” as Want to Read:
The Power Trip

The Power Trip

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  2,377 ratings  ·  342 reviews
Five dynamic, powerful and famous couples are invited on the maiden voyage of a Russian billionaire's yacht. Could this be the trip of a lifetime?A Russian billionaire and his state of the art yacht. His beautiful and sexy supermodel girlfriend. And five dynamic, powerful and famous couples invited on the yacht's maiden voyage.

A senator and his lovely but unhappy wife. A v
Published September 27th 2012 by Simon & Schuster UK (first published April 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Power Trip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power Trip

Joni
I have to be honest here...don't waste your time. It's been awhile since I've read one of Ms. Collins books and I was very disappointed. I kept waiting for the story to go somewhere and for something (anything) interesting to happen. All you get is the same thing over and over with absolutely no substance. I know (and expect)that she gets down and dirty but how many times can you read about the various couples sexual adventures? After you've read about one encounter between a pair it's more of t ...more
Cheryl
Aleksandr Kasianenko has a big birthday surprise planned for his mistress, Bianca. He is going to throw a birthday bash on his huge yacht named of course, Bianca. Aleksandr invites five couples: Senator Hammond Patterson and his wife, Sierra; movie star, Cliff Baxter and his lover, Lori; celebrity footballer, Taye Sherwin and his wife, Ashley. Singer, Luca Perez and his boyfriend, Jeromy. And journalist, Flynn and his friend Xuan.

Sergei Zukov is on a vengeful mission to eliminate Aleksandr. Ser
Book Addict Shaun
Jackie Collins is my favourite author. I can still remember the first time I read Chances, it then became my favourite book of all time, replacing The Godfather and it hasn't changed since. Every time I read Chances it is like I am reading it for the first time, and unfortunately the book is that good that Jackie has not beat it and probably never will. However The Power Trip was one hell of a read and I loved every minute of it.

I love Lucky Santangelo and every time Jackie announces a new book
Elizabeth
Dear Ms Collins,

It had been about 15 years since I read one of your books. Thank you for not doing anything less than a full Jackie Collins with this one. Anyone else - anyone - I would condemn the predictable plot, the repetitive vocabulary, the cliched sex scenes, the completely 2-dimensional characters and their hugely stereotyped dialogue. But not you. You are a national treasure and I love you.

Best wishes, and I look forward to the sequel (because don't think I didn't notice how you left a
Autumn Blues Reviews
Listen for the sizzle!

This is the second Jackie Collins audiobook I have listened to and I will have to say I am always impressed by how much work goes into her audiobooks. Jackie Collins has a complete cast for her audiobook series and you really get a complete feel for all the characters through the voice overs. In The Power Trip readers listen in anticipation as the famous couples are invited on the luxurious Yacht birthday cruise headed for the Sea of Cortez for Bianca, a supermodel and the
M
The Queen is back!

I loved this... It was a throwback to the Jackie Collins that had me spending hours reading her book during my summer holidays from school – it’s so good to have her back on form. I’m not sure if it’s because she’s gone back to the more ambitious, grandiose novels she used to write, or if it’s just because this is the first novel in ages not to feature the increasingly annoying Lucky and the rest of the Santangelos (although I do fear we haven’t seen the last of them – althoug
Gail
Oct 19, 2012 Gail rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
I thought I'd read this after seeing a 5 star review in my local paper by a (usually) trusted critic. I struggled to get into it until the actual trip, as there were so many characters and the plot didn't seem to be going anywhere fast. I was going to give up on it but am glad I finished it, although its nowhere near as good as Jackie's much earlier work, eg Lucky.

It's mostly a sex romp with a bit of intrigue thrown in for good measure, which is Jackie's trademark, but this one fails to hit the
Judy
I'm too old to consider anything I really enjoy a "guilty pleasure", so I must say that reading this book was a pure pleasure! I refuse to feel guilt.

Engrossing, wild characters and plot, total escapism, and I really couldn't put it down.

I probably won't remember much about it in a month, except for the fact that I really was caught up in it! I totally recommend this, if you promise not to feel guilty for enjoying it.
Theresa Stevens
Today is the day I have to return this book back to the library... wow this is the fastest time I have read a book that is not a textbook!
I have read Jackie Collins before.... but the first few chapters of this book 'dateline(s)' took a little getting use to; like an indepth intro to all the characters that were to feature in this 'Power Trip'. And after settling into the book for a good solid 'feet up armchair read' I started to enjoy and really get into the intricacies of the plot.
Alek, Bianc
JC
As always, Collins offers some mindless downtime but this might be her most ridiculous offering yet. I mean, pirates. I feel that Collins' characters are getting more and more shallow as the years progress (is this a commentary on modern celebrity? I don't think so), and her plots more wafer thin. Personally, I would rather go back to her old school stuff - Hollywood Wives and Lucky - because they always featured at least one redeemable character (nope, didn't even really like the noble Flynn an ...more
Antonello Fiore
All I could say after reading The Power Trip is, WOW! Jackie Collins provides an excellent set-up of all the characters invited to the yacht. Once the trip starts, so does all the animosity. I had a hard time putting the book down. I approve the fact that she divides each scene into mini-chapters. That way, I need to keep on reading and the story does not drag. Suspense and thriller is constantly present from the beginning to the end of the trip. I don't want to spoil it, but I have a feeling th ...more
Nicola
Heidi Addison
I had not read a Jackie Collins book in 20 years and I really enjoyed this book. It's a raunchy and fun story. The great thing about many of Ms. Collins stories is that many of her characters resemble real life celebrities. What fun. There is nothing deep and meaningful in this book, but it was a lot of fun to read and I did like some of the characters and dislike others.
Casee Marie
When Russian billionaire Aleksandr Kasianenko plans an elaborate birthday celebration for his supermodel mistress, Bianca, no detail is overlooked. A custom super-yacht on the mystifying Sea of Cortez, exquisite cuisine, personal tours of private islands, and a finitely detailed guest list of five of the world’s most powerful couples will make Bianca’s thirtieth birthday an historic one. Among the party are UK celebrity footballer Taye Sherwin and his interior designer wife, Ashley; Latin music ...more
Jeanne
This was the first Jackie Collins novel I've read / listened to outside of the Lucky Santangelo stories. I must say she had some very sterotypical characters: the overly dramatic gay interior designer; the beautiful model who thinks the world revolves around her (and according to her wealthy, married boyfriend, it does); and the pervert politician who treats his wife poorly (but refuses to allow her the divorce she wants as she is the perfect "future First Lady") and sleeps with whomever he desi ...more
♥ Marlene♥
Sep 18, 2013 ♥ Marlene♥ rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who needs an easy read but is not easily offended by sex.
Shelves: fiction, romance, kindle
A few days ago I was reading the first book of a YA dystopian/Utopian series called Legend. I had been patiently waiting to read this series because I prefer to read books when a series is completed.

Well, read half and I was a tad bored. Then all of a sudden I remembered how I used to love Jackie Collins books. Same with Jacqueline Susan and Judith Krantz. I had to read a book like that I decided. So looking through my library, I picked this book.

Lots of talk about sex. women and men all love to
Rio (Lynne)
3.75 stars. After Jackie's last couple of duds, I thought I was done because she had lost her smutty magic. Instead of completely giving up, I decided to just get this one from the library. Happily, this one had the old school Jackie flare. Like all of Jackie's books you have the spoiled Hollywood types based on real stars, this time Taye and Ashley (the UK footballer and designer wife) Cliff (the Oscar winning, will never get married aging star) Luca (the latin gay heartthrob) with his snooty q ...more
Samantha Janning
I received a copy of The Power Trip by Jackie Collins in exchange for an honest review.

Oh, Jackie Collins is a naughty lady. I just can’t get enough of her books! While I was initially bummed out that I wasn’t going to be visiting Lucky in The Power Trip, I soon got over that qualm. What a juicy tale! There are so many characters and we get a POV from each of them, but in signature Collins style it’s effortless to keep them apart. You never know what one of them is thinking or what the next act
Jan
i love Jackie Collins, she could teach the author of 50 Shades a lot but this book is not her best. It is good, it is easy to read but it lacks something of the Collins I love so much. Without doubt though she remains an exceptional writer and I love her work but after the promise on the first page, I was disappointed that the story lacked.
I would still recommend it, but it just lacks some of the ingredients of previous novels that make me like her so much. Still, maybe if these authors of so ca
June
...perhaps the last guilty pleasure (of 2014) to complement the seriousness of my work and harshness of New England winter.
Captivating plot, dialogs are full of bad language though, I relish.
Birgit

Firstly I have to say thank goodness this was not another Lucky Santangelo story, I think she has been done to death and I'm well and truly over her. It was good to read a stand alone with a whole bunch of different characters, the usual few self obsessed narcissistic bunch and the few heroes here and there, all extremely beautiful and ruggedly handsome of course. It wasn't as raunchy as some of her previous books, quite tame really. All in all a good easy read with a good epilogue where she gi
Missye
Typical Jackie Collins: lots of sex, scandal, intrigue, mystery, glitz, glam, money, beautiful bodies and shady characters. She knows what works and can almost do this novel style in her sleep . . . but it's a fun, getting-away-fromo-life vacation read that works for wherever you happen to be dipping your feet in for a soak.

Centering around the lives of a model, a Soviet mogul, a professional NFL player, his wife, two gay lovers (one of which is a shameless sponge), a Senator, his page, a photo-
Cathryn Chapman
I read this because I'm currently writing my own women's fiction series, and wanted to see what a really successful author like Jackie Collins had to offer (to pick up some tips, perhaps)... I have to say, I really enjoyed it!

The writing itself is fairly straightforward, I mean, we're not here to absorb highbrow literature... but the plotting is really clever. The book opens with a murder, and I honestly had no idea who died and who did it until the end! For me, that's very impressive, as I norm
Marie
I can't help it. I love me some trashy Jackie Collins every so often. Sometimes there is nothing more pleasurable than getting lost in her mindless, gossipy, sex over the top, stories. She makes me laugh out loud at some of her ridiculous characters and scenarios. Once in a while, it is exactly the escape I need. Always a kick to follow the flawed lives of the uber rich and famous. Love it !
Alona Perlin
Jackie Collins does it again. She introduced many interesting characters in this book. This was not like her regular people that live in Beverly Hills. This cast had other interesting people in it and the story had a very exciting twist to it! I really enjoyed it. I hope she continues to write books about the rich and famous more and morme!
Donna
Contrary to some of the negative reviews I just read, I thought this was a great book. Fans of Jackie Collins will not be disappointed, and this book is sure to entertain any true fiction lover - love, lust, betrayal, murder, and Hollywood. Loved the diversity of the characters as well. I read it in two days!
Jess Scott
The title of this book alone is enticing enough to warrant a purchase--the book can be summed up in one line: "The Power Trip is about a bunch of mostly rich people travelling on a luxury yacht."

Well, it was certainly easy enough to guess who some of the characters were partly based on, or "inspired by" in terms of real-life counterparts. The character development was superb and the story line was also really interesting--the end was a bit of a surprise to me *won't reveal too much in case of sp
Mel
This was the first Jackie Collins book I've ever read and I was pleasantly surprised. It was stereotypical 'summer reading', nothing too demanding with a cast of larger than life characters and lots of sex. I couldn't help but feel the characters were stereotypical characteurs of celebrities, for example the WAG, the middle aged actor with a girlfriend half his age and the older interior designer with his younger boyfriend but I didn't mind this as it was enjoyable scandal filled fiction. I thou ...more
Riccarla Roman
This is a Jackie Collins book. That should tell you everything you need to know, but I'll give you a few details.
In the old days, a Collins book had a sex scene by page 30. Then it became by page 3. In this one, there is sex in the prologue. The twist is that one of the people gets shot in the act. We spend the rest of the book waiting to see who the participants and shooter are.
Beautiful rich famous people are invited on a trip on the most luxurious yacht in the world. They are: The owner of ya
Renee Debell
This book is like watching an afternoon soap opera and eating a box of Godiva chocolates. There is nothing good for you about it, but the occasional indulgence is fun!
Reading Between C...: The Power Trip - Thoughts.... 4 8 Sep 20, 2013 07:45PM
Jackie Collins Fans: The Power Trip 1 4 Nov 15, 2012 12:29AM
Jackie Collins Fans: THE POWER TRIP 1 3 Nov 14, 2012 08:34PM
  • The Make
  • Nameless
  • Until the End of Time: A Novel
  • Born to Be Brad
  • The Traitor (Mitchell's & O'Hara's #2)
  • The Desperate Bride's Diet Club
  • The Betrayer
  • Dangerous Alliance (Pure Sin, #2)
  • The Life
  • Trust Nobody
  • Learning to Swim
  • Hidden Treasures
  • Oxford Girl (Kindle Single)
  • Lethal Practice (Dr. Earl Garnet, #1)
  • Shopping With the Enemy (Annie Valentine, #6)
  • Diary of a Beverly Hills Matchmaker
  • Honest: My Story So Far
  • Temptation Island

There have been many imitators, but only Jackie Collins can tell you what really goes on in the fastest lane of all. From Beverly Hills bedrooms to a raunchy prowl along the streets of Hollywood; from glittering rock parties and concerts to stretch limos and the mansions of power brokers-Jackie Collins chronicles the real truth from the inside looking out.

Jackie Collins has been called a "raunchy
More about Jackie Collins...
Lucky (Lucky Santangelo, #2) Chances (Lucky Santangelo, #1) Hollywood Wives Poor Little Bitch Girl (Lucky Santangelo, #7) Lady Boss