Start by marking “Lost Homicidal Maniac: (Answers to "Shirley") (Andrew Mayhem #4)” as Want to Read:
Lost Homicidal Maniac: (Answers to "Shirley") (Andrew Mayhem #4)

Lost Homicidal Maniac: (Answers to "Shirley") (Andrew Mayhem #4)

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  123 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Andrew Mayhem is back! In this dark and hilarious new adventure, Andrew has started up a private investigation business with his best friend Roger (slogan: "We Solve Weird Problems"). Since his options in life will become somewhat more limited after his wife Helen gives birth to triplets, it's his last-ditch effort to get out of being stuck with a corporate day job.

One of
Published December 2012 (first published December 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Lost Homicidal Maniac, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost Homicidal Maniac

Kaisersoze
Jul 07, 2015 Kaisersoze rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, thriller
There was a good many years between Jeff Strand publishing the third and fourth Andrew Mayhem thrillers, and my advice to people reading the series (like I just did) from books one to four in a relatively short space of time is, quite simply, don't.

Lost Homicidal Maniac: (Answers to "Shirley") is the worst in an otherwise entertaining and very readable group of books. It makes most of the mistakes that subsequent entries into a franchise often do by trying to go for bigger and badder, and theref
Nick Cato
Jan 12, 2012 Nick Cato rated it really liked it
The long-awaited 4th novel in Strand's Andrew Mayhem series finds Mayhem and his wife receiving news that they're about to become parents for the third time...only with triplets! His partner Roger is finally thinking of proposing to his girlfriend on the day the bumbling duo open their own business, 'A/R Tasks & Investigations.' That's right folks: Andrew and Roger have now gone legit in the attempt to officially try to help people who need their unusual problems solved.

The first day in the
Shadow Girl
Jan 07, 2015 Shadow Girl rated it it was amazing
First - A quick 'thank you' to Jeff Strand for a copy of Lost Homicidal Maniac: (Answers to "Shirley"). He knows I'm a huge fangirl!
This is the latest book in the Andrew Mayhem series, and now I'm worried about how long I'll have to wait for the next one!! I might have to just reread the series to get my Mayhem fix. That is not bad news. I can't get enough of Jeff's perfect blend of smart-assery, sarcastic-ness, and horror!
Andrew Mayhem is a magnet for trouble, and he can't seem to stay out of
Janene
Jan 08, 2012 Janene rated it liked it
Ya know? Sometimes I get myself so worked up and anxious for a book, that when it is finally released and I get my paws on a copy...it falls flat. This is exactly what happened with this 4th installment in the Andrew Mayhem series by Jeff Strand. I liked it. It kept me very interested. But when I finished this very quick read, I turned off my Kindle and said, "What the hell just happened there??" This would have easily been a 4 star read and I would recommend it to friends who love horror & ...more
Brenda
Apr 24, 2013 Brenda rated it liked it
I got the series in a 4 book set. This is the fourth book in the series and I immediately read book after book. The first two books are good but the third book was amazing! I laughed, cried, and wanted to vomit at certain points, which means I was frantic to keep reading and see how he could possibly top it. Well I don't think he did, but I'm happy with the outcome. I think what kept me from getting mad at this book was simply Mr Burke. The big thing about this book that bothers me is Shirley. Y ...more
Joseph Duncan
Feb 25, 2012 Joseph Duncan rated it really liked it
Jeff Strand's writing style is usually pretty smooth and easy to read, and Lost Homicidal Maniac is no exception. I enjoy his sense of humor, and the way he can whack you with some shocks in between the jokes. This novel is a decent action-suspense tale with some macabre elements. The main character is sort of a bad luck magnet who is always getting parts of his body chopped off or shot off or stabbed. There are only a couple things that need to be addressed by the author to make this series tru ...more
Ubiquitousbastard
How does it make sense that this book was completely what I expected and somehow disappointed me? Oh, because I was hoping for better. This books sort of just felt like a short story (padded out) that took place sometime after the third book. It really just carries on from the third book, and the bit of plot that it starts out with just ends up being practically pointless. And the end? really? That was just for some cheap tragedy. I read it and just thought, "why?" instead of "Oh my god!"
Okay,
Adrian Bowman
Sep 26, 2014 Adrian Bowman rated it it was amazing
With such witty dialogue and the main characters comic ineptitude, it is easy to forget what one sick puppy Jeff Strand is! I mean that as a high compliment of course! He brilliantly sucks you in and makes you feel nice and comfortable before pulling the rug (and several floorboards) out from under you. I cannot recommend his books highly enough!
Charlene Nelson
Dec 31, 2015 Charlene Nelson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book

I love Andrew Mayhem he always seems to find himself and others in trouble .. the book follows Andrew starting his own solve weird problems and he finds himself in trouble. This book is a must read.
Karsyn
Jun 16, 2013 Karsyn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read this stupid ass book to complete the series. It was fine, until about 70% into it, and then OMG this author is a horrible horrible man. I've read some awful stuff in my time of reading serial killers but this takes the cake. I will never ever touch another Jeff Strand book in my life. Horrible. I'm soooo sorry that I decided to finish up the series. The second book was so enjoyable too. Gory and nuts as all hell but not to this degree. He should have stopped there.
Nancy
Apr 15, 2012 Nancy rated it really liked it
This book is #4 in the Andrew Mayhem series of crime thrillers. In this outing, Andrew and his best friend Roger decide to open their own private investigation company with darkly disastrous results. Several characters from previous books make appearances in this book as well; you don't have to read the other three books for this one to make sense, but it would probably help, and anyway, why wouldn't you want to read more Mayhem? I can't wait to read more in this series!
David
Aug 07, 2014 David rated it it was ok
I can appreciate what Strand is trying to do with this book, it just doesn't work so well for me.

Andrew Mayhem certainly lives up to his name, but ultimately the Andrew Mayhem books really aren't about plot, as much as they are about gross carnage and insanity. It lacks those little things that allow readers to really connect with the characters and content.

That being said, Strand has plenty of other books that are delightful!
Matthew Young
Nov 09, 2012 Matthew Young rated it really liked it
Good book. Not my favorite in the Mayhen series, but not the worst one, either. I really enjoyed the plot line and Strand has proven to me that he's one of the best horror writers out there right now. I think this is the fifth or sixth book I've read by him and I am looking forward to reading more.
Melissa Denneny
Melissa Denneny marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
E. (ELK's Library)
E. (ELK's Library) rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Lewis Ridener
Lewis Ridener rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2016
David Lukaszek
David Lukaszek rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Lana H
Lana H marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Candy Zukowski
Candy Zukowski is currently reading it
Mar 22, 2016
Holygooner
Holygooner rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2016
Jack Gee
Jack Gee rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2016
Sandi
Sandi rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2016
Andrew Vickers
Andrew Vickers marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Aaron Carroll
Aaron Carroll rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Jan 05, 2016
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Adamus
Adamus marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2015
Elizabeth A.
Elizabeth A. marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Brenda Karnuth
Brenda Karnuth marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Jamitt
Jamitt marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
  • The Girl on the Glider
  • The Edge of Life
  • Depraved 2
  • The Country Club
  • The Fall of Society (The Fall of Society Series, Book 1)
  • What We Left Behind (Z is for Zombie Book 1)
  • An Unusual Journey Through Royal History, Volume I (Unusual History, #1)
  • Wayward Pines: First Contact (Kindle Worlds Novella) (The Genesis Series)
  • Sow
  • Dead Stop
  • Suffer the Flesh
  • Lustmord: Anatomy of a Serial Butcher (Vol. 1)
  • Scraping the Bone: Ten Dark Tales
  • Brew
  • Nightsiders
207708
Author of a bunch of demented books, including PRESSURE, DWELLER, A BAD DAY FOR VOODOO, WOLF HUNT, SINGLE WHITE PSYCHOPATH SEEKS SAME, BENJAMIN'S PARASITE, FANGBOY, THE SINISTER MR. CORPSE, and lots of others. Three-time Bram Stoker Award finalist. Three-time Bram Stoker Award loser. Four-time Bram Stoker Award Master of Ceremonies.
More about Jeff Strand...

Andrew Mayhem (4 books)
  • Graverobbers Wanted: No Experience Necessary (Andrew Mayhem #1)
  • Alleinstehender Psychopath sucht Gleichgesinnte (Andrew Mayham, #2)
  • Casket For Sale: Only Used Once