Start by marking “Winter Solstice (Druid, #3)” as Want to Read:
Winter Solstice (Druid, #3)

Winter Solstice (Druid #3)

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  203 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Powerful, immortal, magikal and cursed to the shadows of the night...

Gordon O’Caha, a seven-hundred-year-old druid sorcerer, fell in battle centuries ago. When he recovered, he found he wasn't as he'd once been, purely magik. He was much, much more. Now, he shares his body with darkness - a demon gifted to him by the blood drinkers he'd been attacked by. His family and c
ebook, 1st Edition, 37 pages
Published December 4th 2011 by Raven Books

To ask other readers questions about Winter Solstice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter Solstice

Angel
Sep 13, 2015 Angel rated it liked it
Winter Solstice is the third in the Immortal Highlander series. It's a cute little story, but was pretty short and felt rushed. I would have loved a chance to learn more about the characters and to know more about what happens after, like the epilogues after the first two books. Mandy Roth often updates and expands her stories, and I hope that happens with this story, as well. This is also included in The Druid Series: An Immortal Highlander Box Set: (Books 1-3), which is a fantastic deal for al ...more
Cheri
Mar 02, 2015 Cheri rated it it was amazing
A Vampire Druid 700 years old and hot. Okay, how does a tiny woman fight against that combination? Answer: she doesn't at least not for long. This is a very short novella with wonderful characters from the family O'Caha the first two stories in the series.

Having been turning while helping his cousins fight a battle, Gordon fights his dark side staying away from the light not only because of his affliction. When Chelsy runs into him spilling her hot drink his is mesmerized. Want he hasn't felt in
Sharon Hatt
Sep 05, 2015 Sharon Hatt rated it it was amazing
Gordon O’Caha, 700 year old Druid sorcerer, believes himself lost to the darkness “gifted” to him in a long ago battle with vampires. Now forced to the shadows he is sure he will never feel warmth or light again, until he literally runs into Chelsy Riley! The human heats his blood and when he gets a drop of her blood on his tongue it tastes of liquid sunshine, she must be more than she seems, especially when he finds dark mages are after her and she has ancient Druid texts! Great short and addit ...more
Melissa
Oct 01, 2015 Melissa rated it it was amazing
We finally meet Gordon O'Caha...cousin and Druid Sorcerer that is part vampire. He stays away from his family because he feels he isn't good enough anymore. Chelsy is a witch but doesn't know it. She runs in to Gordon and spill hot chocolate on him. It is a very meet cute situation. When they get to the book store he sees books that literally call to him, books about Druids. He realizes that there is more to Chelsy then what he first saw. The only thing detracting from this story is the length. ...more
Nikki Brooks
Jan 12, 2015 Nikki Brooks rated it it was amazing
Gordon O’Caha, a 700 yr old druid sorcerer, fell in battle centuries ago. When he recovered, he found he'd been bitten by a vampire. He hates what he has become and ostracises himself from his family , even though they still love him and believe he is still the good man he once was at heart.

Chelsy is missing her grandmother, who has passed on, and now runs the family bookstore. She careens into Gordon on the street, spilling her cocoa all over his... groin. When she brings him to the store to c
Angie
Dec 02, 2013 Angie rated it really liked it
Synopsis: "Powerful, immortal, magikal and cursed to the shadows of the night. Gordon O’Caha, a seven-hundred-year-old druid sorcerer, fell in battle centuries ago. When he recovered, he found he wasn’t as he’d once been, purely magik. He was much, much more. Now, he shares his body with darkness—a demon gifted to him by the blood drinkers he’d been attacked by. His family and clan haven’t turned their back on him. It’s Gordon who has shut himself away from them. This hardened man does what he h ...more
Cilicia White
Jan 02, 2015 Cilicia White rated it liked it
Actually gave this story 3 1/2 rating. This is the next story in the Druid Series and I was actually looking forward to Gordon's story, but I ended up a little disappointed because it was so short and we didn't get to see any action. I was also disappointed in not learning on why the dark mages wanted Chelsy and whenever saw her learn or come into her powers. What saved the story for me was the hot sex scene and that the story ended with a HEA.
Laticia Overton
Aug 04, 2015 Laticia Overton rated it it was amazing
This was a great read from Roth. Sexy, action packed, and emotional. Gordon and Chelsy were great for each other. They were exactly what the other needed. The right person at the right time. Gordon didn't think anyone would live him nor did he want that in his life but when he literally bumps into Chelsy nothing is the same for either of them. They both found in each other what was missing in their lives.
Selina Durio
Aug 09, 2015 Selina Durio rated it it was ok
After reading Sacred Pkaces and Goddess of the Grove I anticipated reading this third installment. While what I read was great, the book seems very incomplete! It just got going and suddenly it was finished. There was no explanation of why the dark mages wanted Chelsy, what Gordon actually did, etc.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Denise Mcnamara
Apr 07, 2015 Denise Mcnamara rated it it was amazing
Gordon is taken by the dark side and stays away from his family to keep them safe. Chelsy lost everyone in her life and is left a bookstore by her grandmother to run when she dies. A chance meeting puts these two together and the time they spend with each other, the more sparks fly. This is a great druid book and the series is a must read.
iliana G
May 02, 2015 iliana G rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC by the author for an honest review

Short ,funny but ohh my god soooooo goood!!!!

i so loved this story and i wish there was more to read!

A Druid who is also a vampire

A witch in distress that doesn't know she is a witch

And the funny and witty writting of Mandy!!!

I hope i get to see more of those Druids!!!
Diana Rising
Nov 07, 2015 Diana Rising rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires, druid-pagan
Very good. An ancient, immortal druid turned vampire is the hero. A young woman who doesn't realized she is descended from druids is the heroine. I really liked the heroine. She says what she thinks and asks a million questions.
They met by accident just in time to save her from evil, and got together really quickly.
Ronda Barnes-Howard
Love this series

Great book, I was glad Gordon got his story and found happiness with Chelsea and found his way back to his family. I want to see more of the O'Caha family and see Gordon work with the other guys in protecting and see how he adds his own unique powers to the mix.
Constance E.
Sep 21, 2015 Constance E. rated it liked it
I was disappointed in Gordon's story. I would have loved to find out how he was captured by vampires and turned into a vampire. I am very glad that he found his HEA. I just needed more story. The story was good, just very short. I would recommend that you give it a try.
Carla Sabatino
Jun 24, 2015 Carla Sabatino rated it it was amazing
This was such an awesome story. I was sad it was so short. I think There could have been a full length story for Gordon. Regardless..It was wonderful. It was romantic and heroic. Fantastic, and you know what they say.. sometimes big things come in small packages.
Janette Lopez
May 09, 2015 Janette Lopez rated it it was amazing
Too short. oMG I really want this book to go on forever. I really like Gordon and Chelsy they are amazing. This book left me wanting so much more. I cannot wait for the next in this series. If you are looking for a great quick read look no further.
Taz Will
Sep 24, 2014 Taz Will rated it it was ok
Quick easy read nothing much to it. You really can't get to know the
characters because it's over before you know it. I liked it but not
sure what's the point in having these short ones if it's not setting
you up for a full book.
Kelly Russell
Feb 16, 2016 Kelly Russell rated it it was amazing
Great, yet again way to short. I hope Mandy revisits these short stories to expand upon them. They'd be great for full length novels, even I can see it and I'm not a writer. So much depth and detail waiting to be revealed.
Donna
Apr 26, 2016 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wwhhhyyy ???

WHY did IT END Sooo fast?? I love this Series,But I READ through them I a couple of hours AND left wanting MORE!!!
I can only hope we'll read more about Gordon and Chelsy! Are we???
Carol Everson
Jan 05, 2015 Carol Everson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To short

This was cute but real short. A cousin fines his mate. He is vampire but still good if you look. Just need a little more substance, good story still. Waiting to see what is next.
Teresa Stirewalt
Jul 10, 2015 Teresa Stirewalt rated it it was amazing
This was a rather short little read. I enjoyed it but at the end I kind of felt there could have been more. It just kind of stopped, leaving a ton of unanswered questions.
Brandy
Nov 15, 2014 Brandy rated it it was amazing
This was a great buy. Loved everything about these books. This was intriguing and hot. I Highly recommend this series and I hope there will be more.
Ingrid Stephanie Jordan
Gordon is a Druid and a Vampire. Chelsy runs a book store and has since her grandmother died.
Her grandmother had hidden some books and Chelsy wants people to see these very old books so she show cased them. Chelsy literally bump into Gordon and so the adventure begins.This is a very short book but well written.
Shelley Chastagner
Dec 09, 2015 Shelley Chastagner rated it really liked it
Shelves: reread
I finally got to read the new edition of this one. I loved all the little changes the author did. The story has a more detailed story line and character development. This is a wonderful series of shorter books and well worth reading.
Adult read
Annelise
May 24, 2015 Annelise rated it really liked it
This was much, mush, much to short. I liked him and her.
Shawna Hill
Dec 31, 2011 Shawna Hill rated it liked it
I enjoyed the book...only downfall was it was too short. I know there will probably be more to this story...it just has to be.
Glenda Bettin
Oct 06, 2015 Glenda Bettin rated it liked it
Good but ended too soon
Sondra
Sondra rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2016
KC
KC rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Bobbi
Bobbi marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
  • A Slash of Savagery (Wiccan-Were-Bear #8)
  • Spellbound (Warlocks MacGregor, #2)
  • Needing the Alpha (The Crane Curse, #3)
  • Mermaid Mayhem (The Demon Isle Witches, #3)
  • Wizard's Chance (The Realm, #1)
  • Surrender Dorothy
  • The First Night (1001 Dark Nights)
  • Bright Scoundrel (Reluctant Heroes #2)
  • Mine Forever (Brac Pack Next Gen #5)
  • HEROES Urban Fantasy and Super Powers Bundle #2
  • Marked By Temptation (A Coven Pointe Novella)
  • Tall, Dark and Supernatural: Seven Deliciously Dangerous Heroes of Paranormal Romance
  • Demons, Shifters and Witches, Oh My! (4 Paranormal Book Bundle by 4 Amazon Best Selling Authors)
  • Night's Captive (Dark Enforcers #1)
  • Sinfully Supernatural
  • Taming the Alpha: Over 20 Alpha Male Tales
  • Earth Warden
  • The Covenant
NY Times & USA Today Bestselling Author Mandy M. Roth is a self-proclaimed Goonie, loves 80s music and movies and wishes leg warmers would come back into fashion. She also thinks the movie The Breakfast Club should be mandatory viewing for…okay, everyone. When she’s not dancing around her office to the sounds of the 80s, she’s busy writing sexy paranormal operatives. Mandy lives in Oxford, Mis ...more
More about Mandy M. Roth...

Druid (4 books)
  • Sacred Places (Druid, #1)
  • Goddess Of The Grove (Druid, #2)
  • A Druid of Her Own (Druid, #4)