Start by marking “His Forbidden Touch (Stolen Brides, #2)” as Want to Read:
His Forbidden Touch (Stolen Brides, #2)

His Forbidden Touch (Stolen Brides #2)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  842 ratings  ·  82 reviews
In a realm of snow and ice, a mercenary is assigned to protect a princess on a journey that may prove deadly to them both.

Disgraced ex-knight Royce Saint-Michel was banished from his homeland because of an impulsive act that cost him all he held dear. Now, he has the chance to reclaim his birthright—if he escorts the lovely Princess Ciara to her royal wedding and ensures t
ebook
Published November 11th 2011 by Summit Avenue Books (first published May 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about His Forbidden Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Forbidden Touch

Jenn
This was my very first romance novel. I've always avoided them like the plague, believing they were trashy with ridiculous heroines and even more ridiculous heroes. But I've been curious ever since discovering Felicia Day's Vaginal Fantasies series and seeing that romance novels are obviously not just for silly unimaginative twits. So when I saw an anthology for free download on the Kindle Store, I figured hey, why not. The tub scene from chapter 12 of His Forbidden Touch was the first story inc ...more
Gemma
This was the first book I tried by Shelly Thacker, and it will certainly not be my last. This book was absolutely wonderful. It's one of the best medieval romances I've ever read, and I've been reading romance since I was 11!

Thacker created wonderful, loveable characters. Both of them. Royce, the brooding hero, was not bitter or too dark of a character. He was a wonderful, honorable man (more honorable than most romance heros), and I would dare any reader not to be just the tiniest bit in love
Donna Porter
This book really surprised me. I was a set to not like it because it was about knights and lords and princesses I just didn't think it would hold my interest but I was so wrong. I thought I just read a little and see what it was like, but it held my interest right from the beginning all throughout the whole book. It was a romance story about Royce the baron and his fight to protect the princess Ciara from harm during a raging war in their kingdoms. Royce is sworn to protect her at all cost and d ...more
Paige
I loved this amazing, multi-layered love story.

***Details***
HIS FORBIDDEN TOUCH was another hit by Shelly Thacker. Although the second book in the Stolen Brides series does not have much of a connection with book one, FOREVER HIS, I fell for this one just as much.

After seven years of fighting and losing her brother, Princess Ciara’s father is forced to surrender to the rival clan and promise Ciara’s hand in marriage.

Unfortunately, there are some, rebels, who are not ready to suddenly have pie
Diayll
Originally Reviewed At: Mother/Gamer/Writer
Rating: 5 Controllers
Review Source: Author
Reviewer: Ariel

His Forbidden Touch, the second novel in the Stolen Brides Series by Shelly Thacker took me back to the days where romance novels had a plot and character development and adventure! Not to say that they don’t know, but they are a little more difficult to come by. His Forbidden Touch can be read as a standalone (or listened to, as I had the audiobook), so no worries if you haven’t read the first on
Patsyann
Teresa
I was surprised how much I liked this book. The hero and heroine didn't have any great big misunderstanding or secrets that kept them apart. They didn't lie to each other or keep their feelings hidden through the whole book or hurt each other by denying those feelings. It was all such a relief! Yes, there were obstacles, and I was pretty confused for most of the book about exactly how this could all end happily, but the solution does not come out of the blue.

I'm actually debating now whether I
Buttoncounter
I loved the book. The only part that seemed corny to me was the whole puppy part. I thought it was unnecessary to add that 'character'. My favorite thing about the book was how the author kept that tension going, without it being drug out. I liked that it wasn't one of those 'I hate you, but I love you' books. Any time an author gives the male a voice, and lets the reader understand it, makes for a much better story. It makes me want to read her other books...all of them.
Larissa Brown
Brave heroine, darling hero, fun book

Quite well done. The book flows well and the author makes it seem so easy to tell this story. The timeframe is quick but somehow she makes it seem real even though the romance happens so fast. I appreciate that the heroine is three dimensional and brave but not the typical "fiesty." And goodness, Royce is a sweetheart.
Meg Mims
This is one of Shelly's best romance books, and any true romance reader will love love love it. A vulnerable heroine who has no choice but to wed against her will, plus a mercenary who is charged with getting Ciara to the wedding and her groom, makes for conflict to the max for a fabulous romance read.
Kimberlie
Another enjoyable story in the Stolen Brides series. Royce is the great protector, and Ciara is a princess, but not totally helpless on her own. Well written, fun read with the guaranteed Happily Ever After ending.
Andrea Buschman
This made me smile. Part adventure, part romance, happy ending, what's not to like? I can't and don't read books like this all the time, but this was a fun story.
Heather
I remember LOVING this book. I read it in 2003. I plan to acquire it again and reread it I can only hope it is as good as I remember.
Linda Kinsella
One of the most erotic and steamy romances I've ever read. Yet, at the same time very true to history. An extremely stimulating read.
Shawn
Loved the characters and the story was great. You just had to love the hero and the princess was wonderful. Very good read.
Lorraine
I loved this book. I loved the story and adventure as much as the romantic sections.
Cristina Butler
Really enjoyed the book. Glad it wasn't just a love story…it actually had a plot.
Kristen
Really really sweet and well - written. Loved it!
Amber Escalera
This book was funny and sad glad I read it
Dewi Read
ending nya romantis.... kereen
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
A VERY INTERESTING LOVE STORY!!!

Shelly Thacker is fast becoming one of my favorite Paranormal Romance authors. I read the Stolen Bride series a bit out of order. I have given all 3 bks 5stars. ST writes a very romantic tale with plots that make you think. She does love her twist and turns. Her H/H character in His Forbidden Touch are well written and developed.

The story begins after a 7 year war between King Aldric of Chalon and the villain evil King Daemon of Thuringia. King Daemon and his army
April
"Great second book in the series"
Would you try another book from Shelly Thacker and/or Julia Motyka?
Yes, it was a winning combination!! Julia Motyka is a delightful compliment to Ms Thacker's lovely prose. It as a very wise pairing!

Did Julia Motyka do a good job differentiating all the characters? How?
She has a wonderful tone and really kept the characters distinct. I loved her pace and energy throughout the read. Her smooth voice worked very well for the leads.

Any additional comments?
Sometimes
Linda
Enchanted, Enthralled, and Entranced! His Forbidden Touch pulled me in from the very beginning and never let me go. I love historical romances and this one delivered with a love fated to fail, beautiful vistas, heart-wrenching danger and thrilling suspense. If you loved The Princess Bride, you will love this story as it is of a similar ilk. I felt that I could hear Wesley's "As you wish..." as I listened to this fractured re-framing of that famous classic.

My full review has been published at Rea
Gaele
AudioBook Review:
Stars: Overall 3 Narration 1 Story 3

A medieval setting is the backdrop for this romance, which starts with a bang in the center of a battle scene. My first introduction to this author provided plenty of excitement at the beginning, while we are introduced to the heroine in a curious and headstrong-ish princess Ciara. Quickly this introduction moves to a more sedate pacing, rife with descriptions that serve to set visual references for the listener/reader.

I’ll be perfectly hones
Marcia
Author Provided Title

His Forbidden Touch (Stolen Brides, 2), Shelly Thacker (Audio Title Review)

Narrated by Julia Motyka

12 hours 31 min

Princess Ciara is the answer to peace. She is being sent to marry Prince Daemon by her father the King of Chalon. While the Royal wedding party is underway she and her escort consisting of herself and ex Knight Royce Saint Michel. They must travel through the dangerous mountains and war torn Chalon in hopes of avoiding the rebels, who do not wish for the peace th
Ashley York
I thought this was very well crafted story. The hero (Royce) was great, loyal, honorable, passionate - all the things I personally love in a hero. The heroine (Ciara) was a princess raised to be queen who learns to be "real" with the help of the hero.

The setting was such an important part of the story. Tall, rock faced mountains with enough snow for avalanches to be expected. The hero, naturally, is able to make his way through mountain passes others could never survive. He even devices a "tool
Tinsoni
Ohhhh the moment they succumb to passion makes the entire book worthwhile. I really lived every moment with the characters. When the wedding happened I wanted scream but Thank God for Knights in shinning armors (pun intended; ))
Rosalie Cochran
Great story

I remember that Royce was a secondary character in the first book I read. It was most enjoyable to read Royce and Ciara's story in this book. These two characters had quite a ride and takes the reader on quite a ride right along with them. Royce is quite the white knight in shining armor, and Princess Clara keeps him hopping too. And of course, Prince Daemon depicts the evil force in the story so well. It's so easy to dislike (maybe even hate) him as the plot carries us along at a ver
Elizabeth
I had read the third book in this series first, and when this one came up as a free nook book I could not resist. We meet Ciara, and instantly fall in love with her. She is a little independent in a world where women are boxed up and kept as delicate objects. I really liked Ciara. She seemed like she cared for everyone around her. When Royce barges into the story its makes her life interesting, and I loved the Dreams that foreshadow the future for both Ciara and Royce. Great insta love read. Tho ...more
Victoria
A great story and a great journey! Loved the romance between the two and the awesome ending. Everything came together!
  • Falcon's Fire (Fairfax Family, #1)
  • Savage Deception
  • Wild Angel (The O'Byrne Brides Series, #1)
  • A Winter Ballad
  • The MacKinnon's Bride (The Highland Brides, # 1)
  • Lady Star (Sir Edward Series, #2)
  • White Lion's Lady (Warrior, #1)
  • Unlaced
  • The Beauty Bride (Jewels of Kinfairlie, #1)
  • To Love a Scoundrel (Law and Disorder, #4)
  • Taken by the Cowboy
  • Lost in Temptation (Regency Chase Family Series #1)
  • Lady Danger (The Warrior Maids of Rivenloch #1)
  • Rogues, Rakes & Jewels
  • No Greater Love (Pascal Trilogy #1)
  • The Warrior's Wife
  • A Heartless Design (Secrets of the Zodiac #1)
  • Heiress Without a Cause (Muses of Mayfair, #1)
USA Today bestselling author Shelly Thacker has earned lavish praise from Publishers Weekly, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The Detroit Free Press and The Oakland Press, who have called her historical romance novels “innovative,” “addictive,” “erotic” and “powerful.”

A two-time RWA RITA Award finalist, Shelly has won numerous other honors for her novels, including a National Readers' Choice Awar
More about Shelly Thacker...

Stolen Brides (4 books)
  • His Stolen Bride (Stolen Brides, #0.5)
  • Forever His (Stolen Brides, #1)
  • His Captive Bride (Stolen Brides, #3)
Ten Shades of Sexy Forever His (Stolen Brides, #1) His Captive Bride (Stolen Brides, #3) Run Wild (Escape with a Scoundrel, #1) Bodyguards

“There is not a man alive who would not want you.” 2 likes
“As he looked at her, she felt that flood of restlessness that she now knew was called desire.” 1 likes