Start by marking “The Ikea Edge: Building Global Growth and Social Good at the World's Most Iconic Home Store” as Want to Read:

3.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  33 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Praise for "The IKEA Edge"

A very good book from a talented business leader [that links] values, culture, and the achievement of business and social objectives together. I have read it now three times and learned something from every passage.
Michael Spence, recipient of the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences, 2001

With Anders Dahlvig s recommendations, we could solv
Published December 1st 2011 by McGraw-Hill (first published November 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Ikea Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ikea Edge

Choonghwan
Jul 30, 2015 Choonghwan rated it liked it

There are only a small number of retail firms which are successful at both home and abroad: Yes to Ikea and H&M; No to Wal-Mart and Tesco. Unlike leading global manufactures like Apple and Samsung who can innovate in one country and sell to every country, retailers belong to service industry which needs to face different biz environment and customers’ tastes whenever they enter new one.

Only those companies, which are focused enough to manage complexity of retailing and have enough power to
Niels Willemsen
Aug 04, 2014 Niels Willemsen rated it really liked it
Must read for all BBA/MBA students. It gave me nice insights into Ikea. Lectures by Dahlvig related to this book can be found on YouTube. I sometimes use examples from the book and part of the lectures in my classes.
Nguyen Truc
Aug 05, 2015 Nguyen Truc rated it really liked it
Different perspective into this giant home furniture retailer/manufacturer.
Melissa
Mar 05, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: biz-money-econ
I think I've become spoiled by all of the entertainingly written business books available, because this book is packed with actionable advice backed up by Dahlvig's ten years of experience as CEO of Ikea, but I was a little relieved when it was over. I didn't find his style very engaging, hence the four stars, but again, there is a wealth of rock solid information presented in a very pragmatic way, so it's well worth the read.
Daniel Oon
Feb 18, 2013 Daniel Oon rated it liked it
Not a read-as-you go book, the author makes it goes the direction of how Ikea operations and how its being affected and affect others. Very executive-technical
Lori Grant
Mar 29, 2013 Lori Grant rated it really liked it
A should-read autobiograpy on leadership for knowledge workers, managers, directors, C-levels, and entrepreneurs.
Sana
Sana rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Aks Vaswani
Aks Vaswani marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Eb
Eb marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Liam Polkinghorne
Liam Polkinghorne marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Victor
Victor marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Csiegel
Csiegel marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Daniel Knobelsdorf
Daniel Knobelsdorf marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Gabriel Raoni
Gabriel Raoni rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2015
Bertrand Gmail
Bertrand Gmail rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2015
Jorge
Jorge rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2015
Alessandro Mariucci
Alessandro Mariucci marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
Tim
Tim is currently reading it
Sep 09, 2015
Hermann Gerzabek
Hermann Gerzabek rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2015
Troy
Troy marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Marc Bulley
Marc Bulley rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2015
Bartosz
Bartosz marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Jonathan
Jonathan is currently reading it
Oct 23, 2015
Bob
Bob marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Minna Koivisto
Minna Koivisto marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Kam Yuen
Kam Yuen marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015