Start by marking “The Ikea Edge: Building Global Growth and Social Good at the World's Most Iconic Home Store” as Want to Read:

3.17 of 5 stars 3.17  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Praise for "The IKEA Edge"

"A very good book from a talented business leader [that links] values, culture, and the achievement of business and social objectives together. I have read it now three times and learned something from every passage."
--Michael Spence, recipient of the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences, 2001

"With Anders Dahlvig's recommendations, we could s
Published December 1st 2011 by McGraw-Hill (first published November 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Ikea Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ikea Edge

Niels Willemsen
Must read for all BBA/MBA students. It gave me nice insights into Ikea. Lectures by Dahlvig related to this book can be found on YouTube. I sometimes use examples from the book and part of the lectures in my classes.
Mo Tipton
I think I've become spoiled by all of the entertainingly written business books available, because this book is packed with actionable advice backed up by Dahlvig's ten years of experience as CEO of Ikea, but I was a little relieved when it was over. I didn't find his style very engaging, hence the four stars, but again, there is a wealth of rock solid information presented in a very pragmatic way, so it's well worth the read.
Daniel Oon
Not a read-as-you go book, the author makes it goes the direction of how Ikea operations and how its being affected and affect others. Very executive-technical
Lori Grant
A should-read autobiograpy on leadership for knowledge workers, managers, directors, C-levels, and entrepreneurs.
Paige Webb
Paige Webb is currently reading it
Feb 23, 2015
Rebecca Coldicott
Rebecca Coldicott marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
JB
JB marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Steph
Steph marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Gavin
Gavin added it
Jan 08, 2015
Kasim
Kasim marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Raed
Raed is currently reading it
Dec 07, 2014
Arnav Narain
Arnav Narain marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Amr Hash
Amr Hash marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Ashley Christensen
Ashley Christensen marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Eugene Dakuko
Eugene Dakuko marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Axel
Axel marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Ulrikke Steen
Ulrikke Steen marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Manish
Manish marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Bobby Punnen
Bobby Punnen marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Rochayvysgmail.com
Rochayvysgmail.com marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
Mike Supertramp
Mike Supertramp marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The IKEA Edge: Building Global Growth and Social Good at the World's Most Iconic Home Store