Start by marking “De omhelzing” as Want to Read:
De omhelzing

De omhelzing

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  153 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
De moeder van Ben vertelt tijdens een wandeling dat niemand op de hele wereld is zoals hij. Ze legt uit dat iedereen een beetje alleen is, maar ook samen.
Published 2011 by Cossee (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about De omhelzing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about De omhelzing

Anna [Floanne]
Una dolcissima poesia che scalda l'anima. In questa edizione delicatamente illustrata, se possibile, le parole di Grossman diventano ancor più cariche di significato. Da leggere e rileggere e rileggere ancora...
Muriomu
Aug 22, 2013 Muriomu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La scrittura di Grossman è semplice e immediata, senza fronzoli e inutili orpelli, sembra parlare direttamente al cuore, non solo dei bambini a cui l'autore pare voler spiegare concetti universali quali la solitudine e l'amore, ma anche di un pubblico più adulto che non potrà non identificarsi nei dubbi e nelle innocenti domande del piccolo Ben. Le tenere rassicurazioni della mamma, primo fra tutti il suo "siamo tutti un po' soli e un po' insieme" e soprattutto il finale, che rimanda al titolo d ...more
Giulia
I found this book while wandering through the children' section of the library. I picked it up because I love David Grossman and the cover is pure beauty.
I read it in only 10 minutes and it probably wasn't the right duration to fully appreciate the book.

The story is simple and overflowing with meaning. Who we are and why we are who we are? Are we alone? The answer to all of this is a hug.

I really like how direct and simple the plot is, but I would have loved a deeper investigation on the answers
Lausº
Jul 20, 2014 Lausº rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The human being is incongruent... often spend half of our lives trying to be unique, different, to stand out from the rest; but at the same time... we want to fit in, to look beings like ourselves, we seek approval. I guess at the end, all we need is a hug.

The truth is I do not know what it was that drew me to this book, I had not read anything else of the author (and still don't), I knew nothing of him (still do not know) and the cover is quite sober. A sweet dialogue between a child and his mo
Etienne
Mar 13, 2015 Etienne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Titre en français : Dans tes bras

Très beau petit livre (30 pages) très bien illustré (même si les dessins sont un peu triste).
Sous forme du dialogue entre un fils et sa mère, adresse les thèmes de "est-on unique ?", la solitude et l'amour mère- enfant mais on peut penser au delà.
Très simple et très profond à la fois. En étant concis et poétique.
Un petit plaisir qui fait réfléchir joliment.
Kelsey
Nov 28, 2014 Kelsey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: k-2nd, emotions
Age: Kindergarten-2nd grade
Emotions: Loneliness

Serves a very specific bibliotherapeutic purpose that dissects the meaning of uniqueness and the potential for loneliness because no one is exactly like you.
Mikki
Mar 26, 2014 Mikki rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm not really sure what age group this book is targeting. The illustrations are beautifully simple but I don't think they would appeal to children. The story seems kind of simple but it's a little repetive and the subject matter might not interest most children.
Jason
Jury's out. Not sure if this is a kids' book or a kids' book written for adults. Some thought-provoking stuff in there, but will kids be able to relate?
Sandra Van den Bosch
Zo schoon, zo simpel!
"...Zijn moeder knuffelde hem. Ze voelde zijn hart kloppen. Ben voelde zijn moeders hart ook. Ze knuffelde hem zo hard als ze kon. Nu ben ik niet alleen, dacht hij midden in de omhelzing, nu ben ik niet alleen. Nu ben ik niet alleen. Zie je wel fluisterde zijn moeder. En precies hiervoor is het omhelzen dus uitgevonden."
Carla  Casazza
Feb 08, 2011 Carla Casazza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
L'ho trovato nel reparto bambini della libreria. Ma questo piccolo libricino, illustrato con delicatezza e magia, dovrebbero leggerlo tutti, da zero a 99 anni. E chi ancora non sa leggere dovrebbe sfogliarlo seduto sulle ginocchia di mamma o papà - ma anche un nonno o una nonna andrebbero bene. Poche frasi semplici che raccontano una fiaba da niente ma che racchiudono una poesia e una dolcezza sincere e confortanti. Come un abbraccio. Da regalare ad una persona speciale, perchè vale più di mille ...more
Julie
Quiet and contemplative. This is a thoughtful dialog between mother and son about ideas of togetherness, aloneness, and individuality. The illustrations are meager - which raises the age-feeling of this book. But they do not distract.

Very nice.

I feel like my kids may get this when they are 5 or 7??
Briana
Illustrations: Pencil and Color Pencil
Matthijs
Oct 13, 2012 Matthijs rated it it was amazing
Prachtig ingetogen prentenboek over een jongetje dat probeert te begrijpen wat 'alleen' en 'samen' is. De eenvoudige potloodtekeningen versterken de innerlijke kracht van de tekst. Voor kinderen en volwassenen.
Teresa
Poche parole ma immense.
Brevi righe ma infinite.
Esprime purezza, semplicità, significato, tutto quello che è rinchiuso in un'abbraccio.
Christian Krüger
Kurz und durch schlichte Zeichnungen wird auf sehr einfühlsame Weise die Erfindung der Umarmung erklärt. Wirklich für jedes Alter.
Silviets
Aug 28, 2012 Silviets rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pure poetry.
Washington Irving
Washington Irving marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Emiliana Rancella
Emiliana Rancella rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2016
Gloria Palladino
Gloria Palladino rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2016
Plum
Plum rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2016
Karin Baele
Karin Baele rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2016
Fiammetta Maria
Fiammetta Maria rated it liked it
May 15, 2016
Chiara
Chiara added it
May 14, 2016
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Karen
Karen added it
Apr 15, 2016
Arthur Maldonado
Arthur Maldonado marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Noemi Imperatore
Noemi Imperatore rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Samuele Rota
Samuele Rota rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2016
Mieke
Mieke rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
  • Dog
  • Otto: the Autobiography of a Teddy Bear
  • La torta in cielo
  • Score One for the Sloths
  • Com a cabeça nas nuvens
  • The Bears' Famous Invasion of Sicily
  • The Twins' Blanket
  • Les Chevaliers du Subjonctif
  • La Flor Mas Grande del Mundo (Historias Para Dormir)
  • A Rule Is to Break: A Child's Guide to Anarchy
  • The Holy Twins: Benedict and Scholastica
  • Ondine
  • The Girl Who Wouldn't Brush Her Hair
  • Phileas's Fortune: A Story about Self-Expression
  • I'm the Best Artist in the Ocean!
From ithl.org:

Leading Israeli novelist David Grossman (b. 1954, Jerusalem) studied philosophy and drama at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, and later worked as an editor and broadcaster at Israel Radio. Grossman has written seven novels, a play, a number of short stories and novellas, and a number of books for children and youth. He has also published several books of non-fiction, including int
More about David Grossman...