Long Night Moon

Long Night Moon

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Reporter Nash Audubon crashes beautiful Sara Ivy's party to get an interview and barges into a case of domestic violence from which he determines to rescue the endangered socialite. If you like Sleeping With the Enemy, you might like Long Night Moon.

Long Night Moon was originally published in 1995 by Bantam Books. Theresa Weir wrote four books for Bantam. This was the fou...more
Published (first published April 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Long Night Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long Night Moon

Crista
Theresa Weir does it again with a heartbreaking story of a battered woman and a hardened, homeless, ex-con. Sound interesting?......even if it doesn't, believe me....it is!

This author has just not ever had the notoriety that she deserves. Her contemporary novels are some of the most thought provoking and engaging of the entire genre, and her books never disappoint. Long Night Moon is no exception to this rule.

Domestic Violence is a tough topic and Weir delivers a look into one woman's nightmar...more
Linda
Theresa Weir has a habit of writing about broken people. She is not ashamed of taking the darker elements of a relationship and bringing them into the light. LONG NIGHT MOON is just such a story with a well-written hero and heroine.

Sara Ivy appears to have everything in life including gorgeous looks. Her husband is wealthy and they are a popular couple. Or so it seems.

Nash Audubon is a reporter and after 'the real' story. He follows her looking for something that will earn him a headline. What...more
Sue Burke
Theresa Weir's romances have always stood apart for me from others that I've read, and I've always had a hard time putting my finger on why. There's an "otherness" about her books .... she's not the first or last to write about damaged people caught in dangerous situations, or about quiet lives of desperation, but she has a way of telling her stories that is poignant and compelling, and she creates characters and situations that stay with me long after I've finished her books. "Long Night Moon"...more
Maqluba
Yeesh Weir sure knows how to bring the dark and heavy.

I knew this author wrote well when it comes to real life issues and an amazing load of angst but this one just takes the cake. The heroine was going through hell and the hero seemed too oblivious which drove me off the wall at times. But then again he had his own nightmares so I guess giving him some lee-way is necessary. (view spoiler)...more
Susan
Ann
This book is difficult to rate. On the one hand the writing and story-telling are excellent, but on the other hand, the subject matter was just too painful for me. Reading romance is a form of escapism for me, and the abusive marriage in this book just felt too real, too depressing, and too distressing for me. Still, I feel this book is very special.
Sally
Touching, tragic, terrifying romance between two damaged people. I loved it. I'm so glad I've found this author.
Heather Bishop
Heather Bishop marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
S. Niehart
S. Niehart marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Natalie Steffy
Natalie Steffy marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Tjm
Tjm marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Arielle Rae Aguilar
Arielle Rae Aguilar marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Gorgeouskikay
Gorgeouskikay marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Carolyn F.
Carolyn F. marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Helen
Helen added it
May 14, 2014
Jknick
Jknick marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Shirl
Shirl marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Aerulan
Aerulan marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Theresa Weir (a.k.a. Anne Frasier) is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of twenty-six books and numerous short stories that have spanned the genres of suspense, mystery, thriller, romantic suspense, paranormal, fantasy, and memoir. During her award-winning career, she's written for Penguin Putnam, Simon & Schuster, HarperCollins Publishers, Bantam Books/Random House, Silhouette...more
More about Theresa Weir...
The Orchard: A Memoir The Girl with the Cat Tattoo (Cool Cats, #1) Cool Shade Last Summer Amazon Lily