Start by marking “Long Night Moon” as Want to Read:
Long Night Moon

Long Night Moon

Reporter Nash Audubon crashes beautiful Sara Ivy's party to get an interview and barges into a case of domestic violence from which he determines to rescue the endangered socialite. If you like Sleeping With the Enemy, you might like Long Night Moon.

Long Night Moon was originally published in 1995 by Bantam Books. Theresa Weir wrote four books for Bantam. This was the fou
Published (first published April 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Long Night Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long Night Moon

Crista
May 19, 2010 Crista rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Theresa Weir does it again with a heartbreaking story of a battered woman and a hardened, homeless, ex-con. Sound interesting?......even if it doesn't, believe me....it is!

This author has just not ever had the notoriety that she deserves. Her contemporary novels are some of the most thought provoking and engaging of the entire genre, and her books never disappoint. Long Night Moon is no exception to this rule.

Domestic Violence is a tough topic and Weir delivers a look into one woman's nightmar
Sue Burke
Mar 11, 2011 Sue Burke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Theresa Weir's romances have always stood apart for me from others that I've read, and I've always had a hard time putting my finger on why. There's an "otherness" about her books .... she's not the first or last to write about damaged people caught in dangerous situations, or about quiet lives of desperation, but she has a way of telling her stories that is poignant and compelling, and she creates characters and situations that stay with me long after I've finished her books. "Long Night Moon" ...more
Linda
Theresa Weir has a habit of writing about broken people. She is not ashamed of taking the darker elements of a relationship and bringing them into the light. LONG NIGHT MOON is just such a story with a well-written hero and heroine.

Sara Ivy appears to have everything in life including gorgeous looks. Her husband is wealthy and they are a popular couple. Or so it seems.

Nash Audubon is a reporter and after 'the real' story. He follows her looking for something that will earn him a headline. What
Maqluba
Yeesh Weir sure knows how to bring the dark and heavy.

I knew this author wrote well when it comes to real life issues and an amazing load of angst but this one just takes the cake. The heroine was going through hell and the hero seemed too oblivious which drove me off the wall at times. But then again he had his own nightmares so I guess giving him some lee-way is necessary. (view spoiler)
Susan
Dec 23, 2011 Susan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ann
Jan 18, 2010 Ann rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, contemporary
This book is difficult to rate. On the one hand the writing and story-telling are excellent, but on the other hand, the subject matter was just too painful for me. Reading romance is a form of escapism for me, and the abusive marriage in this book just felt too real, too depressing, and too distressing for me. Still, I feel this book is very special.
Sally
Apr 14, 2013 Sally rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Touching, tragic, terrifying romance between two damaged people. I loved it. I'm so glad I've found this author.
Daisy
Feb 15, 2015 Daisy rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. Like always, I love how Theresa Weir writes characters with flaws. Loved the ending, how it shows a happy couple, yet it does talk about struggles they had/have.
Burtsell44
Burtsell44 rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2015
Pattie
Pattie rated it liked it
May 01, 2013
Rae
Rae rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2017
ReneeW
ReneeW rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2013
Paula White
Paula White rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
G. W. Deniston
G. W. Deniston rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2016
Sharon Williams
Sharon Williams rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2012
Livia Quinn
Livia Quinn rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2014
Dinjolina
Dinjolina rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2011
Sarmistha
Sarmistha rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2011
Vesi
Vesi rated it liked it
May 26, 2013
Marta
Marta rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2014
Lyla
Lyla rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2011
Carolyn Marino
Carolyn Marino rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2010
Anna
Anna rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2013
Virginia Hill
Virginia Hill rated it it was ok
Feb 21, 2011
Preeti
Preeti rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2013
RedRedtheycallmeRed
RedRedtheycallmeRed rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2013
Mcvane
Mcvane rated it it was ok
Dec 12, 2009
Diana
Diana rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2011
Allison
Allison rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Last Good Knight (Billy's Revenge #1)
  • Heart's Ease
  • Mr. Right For The Night
  • Jackson Rule
  • Saving Brooksie
  • In the Midnight Rain
  • Inconvenient Love
  • Miss May (Calendar Girls)
  • The Scent of Jade
  • Conor's Way
  • Lightning That Lingers
  • On the Run
  • Safely Buried
  • The Lethal Effect
  • Cattitude
  • Final Price (Paul Chang Mystery, #1)
  • The Merry-Go-Round
  • Special Delivery (Hollywood Hills, #1)
Theresa Weir (a.k.a. Anne Frasier) is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of twenty-six books and numerous short stories that have spanned the genres of suspense, mystery, thriller, romantic suspense, paranormal, fantasy, and memoir. During her award-winning career, she's written for Penguin Putnam, Simon & Schuster, HarperCollins Publishers, Bantam Books/Random House, Silhouette ...more
More about Theresa Weir...