Start by marking “Personal Shopper” as Want to Read:
Personal Shopper

Personal Shopper

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  306 ratings  ·  56 reviews
Will Nixon only has three days to whip up the perfect NYC family Christmas to impress his twin sister's future in-laws. By chance he meets the charming and possibly perfect Hudson Smith, an out of town business man, who agrees to be his "personal shopper" in order to get everything done. In the middle of a whirlwind of prep, Will and Hudson find themselves doing more than ...more
Published December 19th 2011 by MLR Press (first published December 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Personal Shopper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Personal Shopper

Simsala
"Whirlwind romance" perfectly fits to this great little story - or how to make insta-love believable...
These two men belong together and they simply knew it!
I was impressed with the writing.Though told from Will`s point of view I could "hear" the wheels turning in Hudson`s head and how meeting Will turned his life upside down.Adorable characters,sweet/light story,witty dialogue and feelings so loud and clear I thought I could touch them...
It took me a bit longer to read this book - I re-read cha
Vio
My first Tere Michaels book and I wasn't disappointed, what a sweet gem. Will is an author who is having issues completing his novel. More nightmares are coming his way, Veronica, his problematic sister lands him in a mess. Organizing a last minute Christmas dinner for the family has been dumped on his shoulders. Will is in a conundrum, shopping isn't his forte and has no idea what needs to be done. So luckily, super smooth and strikingly elegant Hudson enters the picture and comes to the rescue ...more
Lauraadriana
First of all I have been waiting for something from Tere Michaels FOREVER and now thar I've read this sweet and delicious little treat. I cannot wait for what's next.

This was so sweet. So, Will Nixon is in the middle of trying to write an end to his latest novel, he's stumped. To add to his misery his twin sister Veronica callas and asks him to put together last minute Christmas Extravaganza that will impress the snooty family of her fiance.

Poor Will is at a loss. He can afford it, but he has N
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Very cute and perfect for Christmas.
Anke
How did I get so lucky to read two wonderful books in a row? Yes, I liked this book very much, the situation Will finds himself in and the way he went about it, simply endearing. What took away part of my fun - and in the end this little half star - was the fact, that I early on guessed the way the story was moving on. Nevertheless, it would be nice, if I don't have to wait that long for the next book by this author.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Dec 26, 2011 Mandy*reads obsessively* rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Mandy*reads obsessively* by: Anke, Sims and Vio!
Shelves: ebook-owned, m-m, short, sweet
Sometimes peer pressure is a good thing! ;)
This book was "gently" recommended to me, and I gave in and read. It was really cute,fun, sweet and even if it was a bit predictable, it was just what I needed.
Thanks Anke, Sims and Vio! :)
Don Bradshaw
What a fun book this was to read. This was my introduction to Tere Michaels and I'm hooked. Will Nixon is a writer with a case of writer's block when his twin sister calls and asks him to throw a miracle Christmas to impress her fiancee's parents. Nothing will keep Will from helping his sister out in her time of need but with only three days to pull it together his head is spinning. Will meets Hudson Smith in an upscale clothing store and their lives are changed forever. Hudson is a wealthy, ur ...more
Edina Rose

I don't know what to say about this book. It was sweet, sure, but it had nothing special apart from the Christmas feeling.

It's the love story between Will, a US comic writer and Hudson, a rich European with a British accent and a job he doesn't like. I found Hudson utterly boring. He was like an old caricature of the English bourgeois you want to dust off and shake into life. No matter how many times he was said to be sexy, I couldn't find him any sex-appeal at all.

This book is well w
Susan
Dec 13, 2014 Susan rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Susan by: Elsbeth
Shelves: christmas
This was very meh.

description

I think the main reason I didn’t love this book had to do with Hudson. He was just not a very likable guy to me. He was a bit boring. And when the big reveal came I liked him even less.

The story itself was okay and Will was likable enough. It did have a nice Christmas setting, but the writing never pulled me in. And the relationships between all of them felt very unnatural. There were a lot of things that had me:
description

I mean, working for the family company means that when you quit, y
Katharina
Very cute and funny - I'm glad I didn't let the cover put me off completely (I'm again wondering at the bookcovers you find in romance. They just don't do the books any justice! This was one of the times I was glad to have an e-reader, so no one (including myself) had to see this cover.)
BWT (Belen)
This was ok. Nothing special, and I found myself fighting the urge to skim at times.
Kaje Harper
This is a fun little story with some very appealing characters, a plot twist I didn't expect, and a sweet ending. Not slow or emotional like my favorite books by this author, but it would be a great pick-me-up story to look at after some angsty, emotional read.
Ami

So there's Will, an author who is trying to help his twin. Then he meets Hudson, who becomes his personal shopper. I think there's flirt, and date, and well, sex. Honestly, it's a little bit blurry in the middle for me. Maybe, I'm not in the mood for holiday story as much as I think. Maybe, I think Hudson is a bit blah as a character (even if I find Will a bit adorable). Maybe I just don't have the chemistry with this one. All I can feel is that this story is a bit flat. OH, except the
Lasha
I love Tere Michaels’ books and Personal Shopper did not disappoint. This holiday novella was a delight to read. Set in New York City, Will Nixon is on a mission: create the perfect Christmas dinner for his sister and her soon-to-be in-laws at his apartment. Despite being gay, Will knows nothing about entertaining, but while shopping he runs into Hudson Smith and enlists his help in getting everything he needs, including Hudson in his bed!

Personal Shopper is one of those great books that even th
Lady*M

Sooooo cute, great, great dialogue. I didn't mind the insta-love!, the boys sold it to me, but the whole sister/cousin/boyfriend part of the story seemed like something from... I don't know... nineteenth century? Contrived? Still, this was a great story, I wouldn't mind reading more about these men again... I liked Will a lot, which is understandable, because he is the POV character. There wasn't enough page time to really get to know Hudson, but we do know that he is hot, thoughtful an
Alissa
Enjoyable... just the thing to get me in the holiday spirit.
UltraMeital
I'll start by saying I don't like the cover, not sure really why but I SHOULD say it has something to do with the fact that I've already read a short novella (an okay one) with this cover.. Then I discovered another one! (all 3 by MLR Press). I don't get why use the same cover several times.. After I got THAT out of my system - since I just finished the Faith, Love & Devotion series and LOVED it -it was obvious I would try more of Tere's books - this was my first try.

I had a REAL struggle wi
Tutu

A quick, fun read with a Christmassy theme. With this type of stories, where everything happens in 2-3 days it’s a bit difficult for me to fall in love with the book. You get hit with a lot of things, but nothing is truly developed, or if it is, it’s not believable. This is why Personal Shopper is not exactly my favorite kind of story, but it’s enjoyable nonetheless.
Lucy
When things seem too good too be true, odds are, something's up. Will would do anything for his twin sister, including pulling together a fancy Christmas at the last minute. Meeting Hudson, a beautiful, rich business with a ton of taste, makes everything even better. The story was lovely, and imbues a sense of, in the terms of Sheriff Black, hope.
Lirajean
Cute and fluffy, what you'd expect for a holiday themed book. Will is snarky and funny. Hudson however is a bit of a dud. Don't really get the attraction. I gave it 3 stars because TM knows how to write dialog but the story line was nothing special.

Snowtulip
Dec 21, 2011 Snowtulip rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Snowtulip by: Lauraadriana
Shelves: m-m
3.5

Perfect for when you are in the mood for a sweet,short, whirlwind romance!
Adrianamae, Marco's fan
From this christmas season my favorite christmas story by far!!!
Barb ~rede-2-read~
This was a very enjoyable story about Will, whose twin Veronica called him in a panic asking him to host a Christmas event at his condo for her future in-laws. Problem was that Will was trying to meet a deadline for his latest book and his bachelor pad was far from being satisfactory as a place to make an impression on rich people flying in from Paris. He starts by entering an exclusive men's shop to do some gift shopping and there he meets Hudson, a very sexy, very sophisticated Brit with a meg ...more
Zaza Zoo
*** 2.75/5 ***

Une lecture mignonne, un coup de foudre sous le gui, le genre de nouvelle qu'on aime lire à Noël !
Cependant certains détails sont vraiment trop clichés et le twist de la dernière partie est tellement WTF que c'en est décevant, vraiment trop cheap. Certes la romance est choupi, la magie de Noël est bien là, mais ces rebondissements viennent tout gâcher.

Ruby
I was surprised by how much enjoyed this book, considering there was a definite element of insta-love there. I think it was made palatable by the excellent writing and Will's narrative voice, which I really enjoyed.

One thing that niggled though, as an English reader, was that Hudson Smith is not a very likely name for an upper class Englishman, and that his speech didn't sound particularly English either. It's not that he came across as American at any point - just that there wasn't really any E
Shelby P
This started out like a 2 star read but I'm glad to say that it got better as we went along. I don't think Tere Michaels will ever top her Faith & Fidelity series but one should never give up reaching for the stars. I enjoyed Will and Hudson's three days getting to know each other and liked how the story played out.
Nikki ~The Critic~
Ummm? I don't know how I'm supposed to say this, but Personal Shopper was sorely lacking in the quality that I have come to associate with the name Tere Michaels. I didn't gel with Hudson and his British-ness (which I usually find incredibly hawt!) or with Will and his shy, inelegant flirting (He came off kinda bummy, but with some money). I was frowning the entire time he was shopping and for the reason Will was helping his sister. The aura of the book also didn't feel like the holidays even wi ...more
Simone
Sasha Miller
Raevyn
Will and Hudson were amazing together, they were sweet and so so hot. Will's sister needs to impress her in-laws with a wonderful family Christmas, so she calls on her brother. Will has no idea how to plan a 'family Christmas' and he only has 2 days. While he is shopping he meets Hudson, who impresses will with his style. Will asks Hudson to help him put the whole thing together. There is a surprise ending that was a little off for me but I still enjoyed the story.
  • Mending Noel (North Pole City Tales #1)
  • Something to Believe In
  • Miracle of the Bellskis (Bellskis, #2)
  • A Summit City Christmas (Sno Ho, #2.5)
  • Making His List
  • Inspiration
  • The Trouble With Elves
  • Twelve Days (A Note in the Margin, #2)
  • The Match Before Christmas
  • Winter Warmers
  • A Prairie Dog's Love Song (Heartwarming)
  • Where the Heart Is
  • Sock it to Me, Santa!
  • A Trouble Halved
  • What Can Be
  • Jesse's Christmas
  • Hopes and Fears
  • Inseparable (Inseparable, #1)
This bio would be more interesting if I could fictionalize it...

I am an East Coast girl (Metro NYC to be exact), born and bred and with some slight princess traits. For example, "camping" is staying in a hotel without a pool.

Writing has always been my dream, my goal, the way my brain and my heart found a happy place. When I was five my mom got me a subscription to a Disney magazine and precocious
More about Tere Michaels...
Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #1) Duty & Devotion  (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #3) Love & Loyalty  (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #2) Cherish (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #4) The Heir Apparent