Start by marking “Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5)

Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles 0.5)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  9,614 ratings  ·  1,181 reviews
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. In Glitches, a short prequel story to Cinder, we see the results of that illness play out, and the emotional toll that takes on Cinder. Something that may, or may not, be a glitch…
Online Free Read, 32 pages
Published December 5th 2011 by Tor.com

To ask other readers questions about Glitches, please sign up.

Avaminn F'nett Yes. I was a bit confused at first since it didn't really seem complete, but since it's kind of a prequel, that makes sense.
Dreamingintherain I don't know if all of the short stories will be published like that, but I hope they do. I know that this one is in the back of the Cinder paperback…moreI don't know if all of the short stories will be published like that, but I hope they do. I know that this one is in the back of the Cinder paperback as a "bonus story" and I'm pretty sure that the other books in the series have the other shorts in the paperback versions too.(less)
Free Four by Veronica RothDestroy Me by Tahereh MafiHana by Lauren OliverGlitches by Marissa MeyerSummer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa
YA Short Stories and Novellas
4th out of 522 books — 1,030 voters
The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenDivergent by Veronica RothAllegiant by Veronica RothInsurgent by Veronica RothThe Book Thief by Markus Zusak
What we've read so far in...2014
160th out of 9,261 books — 1,857 voters

More lists with this book...

Lola
description

(Isn’t that an adorable art work, by the way? So very charming and representing Cinder accurately enough with great talent, in my opinion!)

It’s only after finishing this novella that I realized how much I’ve missed reading about Cinder. I have finished book #1 in The Lunar Chronicles series a little more than a year ago and, somehow, my brain had a glitch for I stopped reading further. Damn glitch.

It doesn’t matter now anymore, because reading this had me remember why this is such a popular and
Liz

Awesome prequel.

I love Cinder and Peony and Iko!
And after reading Glitches I hate Adri even more...

Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]
Review:Cinder

Wow, All I'm saying is, you have to freaking read this before reading the first book Cinder.

I dunno why Marissa Meyer didnt put this as a prologue of her debut. Surely I'll enjoy more reading that book if I read this first.

It have the full description of what Cinder really looks like (You dint have to wait reading 200 pages to get the full idea) and I love how Pearl, one of
9 3/4
What an enjoyable short story. I loved Cinder so, when I was done, I needed more of this beautiful world and these amazing characters. And this is what this short story gives.

It adds to the backstory of many characters. We get to meet Cinder as a kid at her first days as a cyborg. We get to see how she gets used to her new life. If you love Cinder you have to read this as well. You will get to know more about many characters such as Cinder's step-father, her step-mother, Iko, Peony and Pearl.

F
Jess ❈Harbinger of Blood-Soaked Rainbows❈
Feb 03, 2015 Jess ❈Harbinger of Blood-Soaked Rainbows❈ rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jess ❈Harbinger of Blood-Soaked Rainbows❈ by: Anne
Thanks to the fabulous Anne for showing me the path toward this little shorty.

I liked this short and I can definitely understand the appeal of this series. I can't really rate this one higher than a 3 since it was just basically backstory to Cinder which I have not yet read. But it was engaging and fun, and the writing was decent, and I can understand how if it were expanded, the novel would definitely draw readers in.

As I only got glimpses of characters, I didn't really have enough time to rea
Laz
What an amazing cute short-story. It gives us a glimpse to the past of Cinder when she had first came to Adri's house. We see her struggling to fit in, doing something to make these people who are strangers to her believe in her, believe that she's worth something and that she's not useless and worthless of their attention and care. It's heartbreaking reading this. She is just a little girl and she's in so much pain and she's so alone and she cannot remember a thing before the surgery that turne ...more
Anne
Just in time to pad your Reading Challenge!

This is the free online prequel to Cinder.
If you're interesting in reading it, you can click this Link, and check it out.
I know, I know! I'm awesome!

This shorty tells the story of the first little bit of Cinder's life with her step-family. Starting with the train ride over from Europe, and ending with her stepfather's death.
You get a peek at her beginnings as a mechanic, her budding relationship with Peony, and her stepmother's feelings from the begin
Karly *The Vampire Ninja & Luminescent Monster*
I am a girl!!!

And I do have some really nerd-girl moments sometimes. I adore this series.... kickass cyborgs are us.... and I love all our made over fairytale "princesses"!! Also, FREE!! I just can't help but want Glitches to be Winter.....

This is just a quick little insight into Cinder's introduction to her foster family. It doesn't really hand out any new information but it's a nice little moment in that world..... however:

Seriously?! Gimme Winter, all ready!!

Wendy Darling

A fantastic short story meant to be read before reading Cinder.

Available to read for free on Tor's website: http://www.tor.com/stories/2011/12/gl....
Robin (Bridge Four)
Well that explains how Cinder came to live with Adri and the girls and how she didn't remember anything of her previous life. Interesting to see how Cinder gets used to her synthetic parts at the beginning. Adri is so easy to dislike from the beginning, she is the epitome of evil stepmother.
Isabelle
You know you're in a reading slump when it takes you a week to read a novella.

I know, I know. I'm totally lagging. It's school.

But let's not focus on Isabelle's lovely life. Let's talk about glitches.

A glitch is a malfunction. An irregularity. A flaw.

Yet, doesn't everybody have flaws?

I know I do. I have a speech problem. It's nothing crucial, don't worry. I just have trouble reading out loud. I stumble over my words.

I'm socially awkward. The words won't leave my mouth as I want them to. I
Norah Sumner
“Right. A glitch.” She feigned a nonchalant smile, hoping the android couldn’t detect the grimace that came with it. “Maybe that’s all it is.”

This is such a great short prequel to Cinder.We get to meet her stepfather Garan and to see the revival of Iko,who is charming as always.Peony is such a good person,she almost immediately accepts Cinder as her sister and Adri is...well,Adri.Cinder is still getting used to her life as a cyborg and you can clearly see in how much pain she's really in,espec
Veronica Morfi
When I first saw Cinder and read the blurb I thought I wouldn't like the book, but then people stared reading it and saying so many great things about it, that I was a bit conflicted. Then I read that it's based on the story of Cinderella and that the next three books are also based on fairy tales, so I thought I should give it a chance since I love fairy tales so much. Then I added Cinder in my to read list and I noticed that there was a prequel to the story, so of course I read it.

Now I am pre
Andrew Greatbatch
Peony is adorable!

this was different than I expected, but I have no idea what I actually was expecting.
Fenia
Take my heart and break it,why don't you?? Ughh such a sad start for our dear Cinder..:( The way Andri treated her..and poor Garan? Heartbreaking story!!
Margarida
I really liked this short story.

It shows the firsts weeks in Cinder new home. She meets Peony, she's so adorable!!!!!
Pearl and Adri, I hate this two!!! God Adri is so mean!!! How can she call a eleven year old those names?! Calling Cinder a thing. Bitch.

It was really sad to see Garan, the one that brought her to New Beijing, when he told his family that he had Letumosis and their reaction. :( Heartbreaking.

I really liked to read the parts between Peony and Cinder. That was how they became frie
Monika
First of all, thank you Marrisa Meyer, for this wonderful short story. This is really interesting to see the characters we know from the book Cinder, a few years earlier.
Cinder is a girl with no memory before the accident in which she lost her family as well as leg and hand. Now, she's a cyborg, a machine trying to adjust to life with a new family...
Adri, I even did not think that I can hate you more ... Ooh, how I was wrong. From the very beginning you were cruel to the girl, who has not done a
Meg
I read Glitches after I had finished Cinder and I personally thought this was a great way to read it. Having read Cinder and loving it as much as I did, I was ready to get my hands on anything else that involved hearing more of her story.

Glitches is the prequel to Cinder. We see Cinder when she is driving on her way to her new home and we see the beginnings of her life with her new family. What I loved about this was that readers got to see inside the mind of younger Cinder and what she had tho
P.Z.
4 ดาว - เปนเรืองสันของซินเดอรตอนทีถูกพายายเขาไปอยูกับหลิน กาแรนและแมเลียงพรอมลูกสาวอีกสองคน
ซินเดอรกับพีโอนีสนิทกันมาก ซินเดอรไดซอมไอโคขึนมาจากเศษชินสวน จนกระทังกาเรนติดโรคระบาดแลวถูกพาตัวไป

อานเพลินๆ ไมมีอะไรมาก แตกทำใหอานเลมของ Cinder ไดเคลียรขึนถาไดอานเลมนีไปกอน
Vilda
Jan 07, 2013 Vilda rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Readers who enjoyed Cinder
While it's very short, Glitches is a sweet little prequel to Cinder that I ended up really enjoying. It was very interesting to see how Cinder came to be in her new family and how she bonded with Peony and Iko--two characters I absolutely love! Once again I'm reminded of how much I love Cinder and this world, and I cannot wait for Scarlet to be released!

'She lifted a spindly arm and gestured toward Cinder's steel prosthetic. "I have a glitch, too. Sometimes I forget that I'm not human. I don't
Kim Lovee
Oookay. Ich muss 'Cinder' unbedingt bald anfangen!
Claire Stevens
This is only a short novella - probably only a chapter or so - but it gives a really lovely insight into Cinder's life in the few weeks after she wakes up from her cyborg operation. We get to see younger versions of Cinder, Peony and Pearl and we're introduced to crazy-inventor Garan as well. I think this novella just made me love Cinder even more - she's such a quiet little thing, not wanting to be a burden and confused at her loss of memory after her operation.

I noticed on other reviews that
Liz*
Please, God, give her tears so she can cry with me! 'O'

"I have a glitch, too. Sometimes I forget that I'm not human. I don't think that happens to most androids."
Rose
Aw, this was so much fun and made me pretty excited to start Cinder! Seriously, this novella was SO out of my contemporary comfort zone but I loved every page of jumping out of my comfort zone.

Now that I'm finished with Glitches, the more I think about it, the more I like it. I seriously couldn't wait to get to know this world of androids and cyborgs better and also get more of the Cinder + Peony awesome after reading it. I seriously love reading about well-written sibling relationships and this
Wei Cho

-One of the many reasons I love Iko and Marissa Meyer's uncanny and wonderful storytelling talents!

I like this prequel, finally I know what color is Cinder's hair! It was nice to see how she developed her skills as a mechanic and how she was introduced to the family.

What was missing was more relationship with Garan. I still do not know how he stumbled upon her and why he decided to be her
Gabriela
Great read for fans of the series. This short story starts with Cinder's first memories after her surgery, she's adjusting to her new cybordg parts and also to her new family. I was hoping for a little more insight on Garan and Adri as characters. I do recommend reading this short before diving into Cinder, since it contains a detailed physical description of the characters that the first book lacks in it's beginning.
Lauren Stoolfire
Excellent prequel! It definitely worked to increase my love of Peony, Iko, and Cinder and cement my dislike of Adri. With this introductory presentation to Adri, it really makes me wonder how much she knows about Cinder. That ending was searing! Again I'm really looking forward to Scarlet! Meant to be read before Cinder, but being able to read it afterward definitely gives extra insight to the characters. You can read Glitches here.
Burgandy Ice
This is a short original story by Marissa Meyer that takes place before Cinder.

If you're thinking of reading Cinder, this will give you a good taste of the writing and tantalize you with hints of what's in the book!

If you've already read Cinder, you know you want to zip over to Tor (http://www.tor.com/stories/2011/12/gl...) and catch this sweet beginning of how Cinder began in her family and her first connection with Iko.

It's been a while since I read the book, so this short story felt like a
Rian Starr
Everyone keeps saying that this needs to be read before reading Cinder, but I don't believe that that's the case. I found that this prequel was helpful at setting up the world of Cinder but that it made more sense to me once I had reread it after reading Cinder. Either way it's a delightful little companion to the novel series, but it doesn't matter much if you read it before or after reading the novel. You're still introduced to Cinder and her world either way, but Glitches provides a little bi ...more
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • Bridge of Snow (Winner's Trilogy, #0.5)
  • The Witch of Duva (The Grisha, #0.5)
  • As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)
  • Heads Will Roll (Necromancer, #0.1)
  • Seraphina: The Audition (Seraphina, #0.5)
  • Men Who Wish to Drown
  • Tomorrow and Tomorrow (All Our Yesterdays, #1.5)
  • Praying For Rain (The Lotus War, #0.5)
  • The Fierce Reads Anthology
  • The Summer Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.5)
  • Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5)
  • Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)
  • A Dawn Most Wicked (Something Strange and Deadly, #0.5)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • The Shadow Cats (Fire and Thorns, #0.5)
  • This Night So Dark (Starbound, #1.5)
  • Foundation (Razorland, #0.5)
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my fiancé and our two cats. In addition to my slight obsession with books and writing, I'm big on road-tripping, wine-tasting, and hunting for antiques. I'm represented by Jill Grinberg.

CINDER, my debut novel, is a futuristic re-envisioning of Cinderella in which Cinder is a cyborg mechanic. Release date: 3 Jan 2012.
More about Marissa Meyer...

The Lunar Chronicles (4 books)
  • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
  • Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
  • Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
  • Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) The Queen's Army (The Lunar Chronicles, #1.5)

“I have a glitch, too. Sometimes I forget that I’m not human. I don’t think that happens to most androids.” 57 likes
“Nothing makes an android feel more useless than when a human is crying.” 47 likes