Start by marking “Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5)

Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles 0.5)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  11,021 ratings  ·  1,337 reviews
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. In Glitches, a short prequel story to Cinder, we see the results of that illness play out, and the emotional toll that takes on Cinder. Something that may, or may not, be a glitch…
Online Free Read, 32 pages
Published December 5th 2011 by

To ask other readers questions about Glitches, please sign up.

Avaminn F'nett Yes. I was a bit confused at first since it didn't really seem complete, but since it's kind of a prequel, that makes sense.
Free Four by Veronica RothDestroy Me by Tahereh MafiHana by Lauren OliverGlitches by Marissa MeyerSummer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa
YA Short Stories and Novellas
4th out of 537 books — 1,093 voters
The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenDivergent by Veronica RothAllegiant by Veronica RothInsurgent by Veronica RothThe Book Thief by Markus Zusak
What we've read so far in...2014
165th out of 9,432 books — 1,916 voters

More lists with this book...

(Isn’t that an adorable art work, by the way? So very charming and representing Cinder accurately enough with great talent, in my opinion!)

It’s only after finishing this novella that I realized how much I’ve missed reading about Cinder. I have finished book #1 in The Lunar Chronicles series a little more than a year ago and, somehow, my brain had a glitch for I stopped reading further. Damn glitch.

It doesn’t matter now anymore, because reading this had me remember why this is such a popular and
(9 3/4) Gerasimos Kyritsis
What an enjoyable short story! I loved Cinder so, when I was done, I needed more of this beautiful world and these amazing characters. And this is what this short story gives!

It adds to the backstory of many characters. We get to meet Cinder as a child during her first days as a cyborg. We get to see how she gets used to her new life. If you love Cinder you have to read this as well. You will get to know more about many characters such as Cinder's step-father, her step-mother, Iko, Peony and Pe

Awesome prequel.

I love Cinder and Peony and Iko!
And after reading Glitches I hate Adri even more...

Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]

Wow, All I'm saying is, you have to freaking read this before reading the first book Cinder.

I dunno why Marissa Meyer didnt put this as a prologue of her debut. Surely I'll enjoy more reading that book if I read this first.

It have the full description of what Cinder really looks like (You dint have to wait reading 200 pages to get the full idea) and I love how Pearl, one of
Jess ❈Harbinger of Blood-Soaked Rainbows❈
Feb 03, 2015 Jess ❈Harbinger of Blood-Soaked Rainbows❈ rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jess ❈Harbinger of Blood-Soaked Rainbows❈ by: Anne
Thanks to the fabulous Anne for showing me the path toward this little shorty.

I liked this short and I can definitely understand the appeal of this series. I can't really rate this one higher than a 3 since it was just basically backstory to Cinder which I have not yet read. But it was engaging and fun, and the writing was decent, and I can understand how if it were expanded, the novel would definitely draw readers in.

As I only got glimpses of characters, I didn't really have enough time to rea
Just in time to pad your Reading Challenge!

This is the free online prequel to Cinder.
If you're interesting in reading it, you can click this Link, and check it out.
I know, I know! I'm awesome!

This shorty tells the story of the first little bit of Cinder's life with her step-family. Starting with the train ride over from Europe, and ending with her stepfather's death.
You get a peek at her beginnings as a mechanic, her budding relationship with Peony, and her stepmother's feelings from the begin
You know you're in a reading slump when it takes you a week to read a novella.

I know, I know. I'm totally lagging. It's school.

But let's not focus on Isabelle's lovely life. Let's talk about glitches.

A glitch is a malfunction. An irregularity. A flaw.

Yet, doesn't everybody have flaws?

I know I do. I have a speech problem. It's nothing crucial, don't worry. I just have trouble reading out loud. I stumble over my words.

I'm socially awkward. The words won't leave my mouth as I want them to. I
Karly *The Vampire Ninja & Luminescent Monster*
I am a girl!!!

And I do have some really nerd-girl moments sometimes. I adore this series.... kickass cyborgs are us.... and I love all our made over fairytale "princesses"!! Also, FREE!! I just can't help but want Glitches to be Winter.....

This is just a quick little insight into Cinder's introduction to her foster family. It doesn't really hand out any new information but it's a nice little moment in that world..... however:

Seriously?! Gimme Winter, all ready!!

What an amazing cute short-story. It gives us a glimpse to the past of Cinder when she had first came to Adri's house. We see her struggling to fit in, doing something to make these people who are strangers to her believe in her, believe that she's worth something and that she's not useless and worthless of their attention and care. It's heartbreaking reading this. She is just a little girl and she's in so much pain and she's so alone and she cannot remember a thing before the surgery that turne ...more
Wendy Darling

A fantastic short story meant to be read before reading Cinder.

Available to read for free on Tor's website:
Robin (Bridge Four)
Well that explains how Cinder came to live with Adri and the girls and how she didn't remember anything of her previous life. Interesting to see how Cinder gets used to her synthetic parts at the beginning. Adri is so easy to dislike from the beginning, she is the epitome of evil stepmother.
Norah Sumner
“Right. A glitch.” She feigned a nonchalant smile, hoping the android couldn’t detect the grimace that came with it. “Maybe that’s all it is.”

This is such a great short prequel to Cinder.We get to meet her stepfather Garan and to see the revival of Iko,who is charming as always.Peony is such a good person,she almost immediately accepts Cinder as her sister and Adri is...well,Adri.Cinder is still getting used to her life as a cyborg and you can clearly see in how much pain she's really in,espec
Veronica Morfi
When I first saw Cinder and read the blurb I thought I wouldn't like the book, but then people stared reading it and saying so many great things about it, that I was a bit conflicted. Then I read that it's based on the story of Cinderella and that the next three books are also based on fairy tales, so I thought I should give it a chance since I love fairy tales so much. Then I added Cinder in my to read list and I noticed that there was a prequel to the story, so of course I read it.

Now I am pre
Maggie *Fantasy-Bookworm*
“I have a glitch, too. Sometimes I forget that I’m not human. I don’t think that happens to most androids.” -Iko
Andrew Greatbatch
Peony is adorable!

this was different than I expected, but I have no idea what I actually was expecting.
Take my heart and break it,why don't you?? Ughh such a sad start for our dear Cinder..:( The way Andri treated her..and poor Garan? Heartbreaking story!!
I really liked this short story.

It shows the firsts weeks in Cinder new home. She meets Peony, she's so adorable!!!!!
Pearl and Adri, I hate this two!!! God Adri is so mean!!! How can she call a eleven year old those names?! Calling Cinder a thing. Bitch.

It was really sad to see Garan, the one that brought her to New Beijing, when he told his family that he had Letumosis and their reaction. :( Heartbreaking.

I really liked to read the parts between Peony and Cinder. That was how they became frie
First of all, thank you Marrisa Meyer, for this wonderful short story. This is really interesting to see the characters we know from the book Cinder, a few years earlier.
Cinder is a girl with no memory before the accident in which she lost her family as well as leg and hand. Now, she's a cyborg, a machine trying to adjust to life with a new family...
Adri, I even did not think that I can hate you more ... Ooh, how I was wrong. From the very beginning you were cruel to the girl, who has not done a

Glitches is a short prequel to Cinder- something I wish I had read before reading the series. This novella explains a lot more about Cinder, Iko, Peony, Adri, and Garan. I wish it was longer! <3

Read it online:
Or on Wattpad:
Como Cinder llegó a su nuevo hogar. Hermoso hermoso hermoso, de verdad me hubiera gustado que fuera aún más largo.
Qué tierno y qué duro.
Claire Stevens
This is only a short novella - probably only a chapter or so - but it gives a really lovely insight into Cinder's life in the few weeks after she wakes up from her cyborg operation. We get to see younger versions of Cinder, Peony and Pearl and we're introduced to crazy-inventor Garan as well. I think this novella just made me love Cinder even more - she's such a quiet little thing, not wanting to be a burden and confused at her loss of memory after her operation.

I noticed on other reviews that
4 ดาว - เปนเรืองสันของซินเดอรตอนทีถูกพายายเขาไปอยูกับหลิน กาแรนและแมเลียงพรอมลูกสาวอีกสองคน
ซินเดอรกับพีโอนีสนิทกันมาก ซินเดอรไดซอมไอโคขึนมาจากเศษชินสวน จนกระทังกาเรนติดโรคระบาดแลวถูกพาตัวไป

อานเพลินๆ ไมมีอะไรมาก แตกทำใหอานเลมของ Cinder ไดเคลียรขึนถาไดอานเลมนีไปกอน
Liz* Fashionably Late
Please, God, give her tears so she can cry with me! 'O'

"I have a glitch, too. Sometimes I forget that I'm not human. I don't think that happens to most androids."
4 stars! A nice little prequel to the series that tells of Cinder's first meeting with her foster family and Iko.
“You won’t have to worry about me, then. I don’t think I can cry anymore.” She hesitated. “Maybe I never could.”

“Is that so? How peculiar. Perhaps it’s a programming glitch.”

She stared down into Iko’s single sensor. “A programming glitch.”

“Sure. You have programming, don’t you?” She lifted a spindly arm and gestured toward Cinder’s steel prosthetic. “I have a glitch, too. Sometimes I forget that I’m not human. I don’t think that happens to most androids.”

Otra historia corta de Marissa Meyer que
Priča već ispričana u prvoj knjizi ali opet nije loše ponovo pročitati. Naročito pošto je ubačeno malo više emocija u celu tu istoriju.
Jan 07, 2013 Vilda rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Readers who enjoyed Cinder
While it's very short, Glitches is a sweet little prequel to Cinder that I ended up really enjoying. It was very interesting to see how Cinder came to be in her new family and how she bonded with Peony and Iko--two characters I absolutely love! Once again I'm reminded of how much I love Cinder and this world, and I cannot wait for Scarlet to be released!

'She lifted a spindly arm and gestured toward Cinder's steel prosthetic. "I have a glitch, too. Sometimes I forget that I'm not human. I don't
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • The Witch of Duva (The Grisha, #0.5)
  • Bridge of Snow (Winner's Trilogy, #0.5)
  • As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)
  • The Fierce Reads Anthology
  • Seraphina: The Audition (Seraphina, #0.5)
  • The Summer Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.5)
  • The King's Guard (Fire and Thorns, #0.7)
  • This Night So Dark (Starbound, #1.5)
  • Foundation (Razorland, #0.5)
  • Men Who Wish to Drown
  • Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)
  • Heads Will Roll (Necromancer, #0.1)
  • A Dawn Most Wicked (Something Strange and Deadly, #0.5)
  • Tomorrow and Tomorrow (All Our Yesterdays, #1.5)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • Portrait of a Starter: An Unhidden Story (Starters, #0.5)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my fiancé and our two cats. In addition to my slight obsession with books and writing, I'm big on road-tripping, wine-tasting, and hunting for antiques. I'm represented by Jill Grinberg.

CINDER, my debut novel, is a futuristic re-envisioning of Cinderella in which Cinder is a cyborg mechanic. Release date: 3 Jan 2012.
More about Marissa Meyer...

The Lunar Chronicles (4 books)
  • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
  • Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
  • Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
  • Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) The Queen's Army (The Lunar Chronicles, #1.5)

“I have a glitch, too. Sometimes I forget that I’m not human. I don’t think that happens to most androids.” 61 likes
“Nothing makes an android feel more useless than when a human is crying.” 50 likes