Start by marking “Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5)

Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles 0.5)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  16,517 Ratings  ·  1,840 Reviews
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. In Glitches, a short prequel story to Cinder, we see the results of that illness play out, and the emotional toll that takes on Cinder. Something that may, or may not, be a glitch…
ebook, Free Online Read, 32 pages
Published December 5th 2011 by Tor.com

Lola  Reviewer
description

(Isn’t that an adorable art work, by the way? So very charming and representing Cinder accurately enough with great talent, in my opinion!)

It’s only after finishing this novella that I realized how much I’ve missed reading about Cinder. I have finished book #1 in The Lunar Chronicles series a little more than a year ago and, somehow, my brain had a glitch for I stopped reading further. Damn glitch.

It doesn’t matter now anymore, because reading this had me remember why this is such a popular and
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
I think this is the third time I've read GLITCHES. But it's the first time I've read it since I've read SCARLET and FAIREST, so it's the first time I've understood exactly what Cinder has lost. Why she doesn't have clear memories of her past, and how that lack contributes to her overall sense of uselessness.

B/c that's how she feels. Useless. And alone.

And monstrous. *rubs fist over heart*

READ IT for FREE here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/1053565...

My other reviews for this series:

Cinder (Th
Daiane
Dec 23, 2015 Daiane rated it really liked it
She raised the pad of her finger to the corner of her right eye, searching for wetness that wasn’t there.
“Right. A glitch.” She feigned a nonchalant smile, hoping the android couldn’t detect the grimace that came with it. “Maybe that’s all it is.”

It's a lovely novella of how Cinder got to her new home without remembering anything and adapting to her new cyborg body. She was just so poor...

And how Adri was always bitchy

(9 3/4) Gerasimos
What an enjoyable short story! I loved Cinder so, when I was done, I needed more of this beautiful world and these amazing characters. And this is what this short story gives!

It adds to the backstory of many characters. We get to meet Cinder as a child during her first days as a cyborg. We get to see how she gets used to her new life. If you love Cinder you have to read this as well. You will get to know more about many characters such as Cinder's step-father, her step-mother, Iko, Peony and Pe
Liz
Apr 01, 2013 Liz rated it liked it

Awesome prequel.

I love Cinder and Peony and Iko!
And after reading Glitches I hate Adri even more...

Adita ✨The Slumbering Insomniac✨
★★★★★★★☆☆☆[7/10]

As a follow-up to The Keeper, where Michelle Benoit is seen harboring the fugitive Princess Selene in the bomb shelter underneath the hangar of her farmhouse and trying to bring her back to life with the help of the lunar doctor Logan Tanner.. pfft.. that was more interesting than Cinder's first few weeks at the Garan house which makes up this story.

This is also where Cinder reboots and befriends Iko.

description
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]
Review:Cinder

Wow, All I'm saying is, you have to freaking read this before reading the first book Cinder.

I dunno why Marissa Meyer didnt put this as a prologue of her debut. Surely I'll enjoy more reading that book if I read this first.

It have the full description of what Cinder really looks like (You dint have to wait reading 200 pages to get the full idea) and I love how Pearl, one of
isabelle
You know you're in a reading slump when it takes you a week to read a novella.

I know, I know. I'm totally lagging. It's school.

But let's not focus on Isabelle's lovely life. Let's talk about glitches.

A glitch is a malfunction. An irregularity. A flaw.

Yet, doesn't everybody have flaws?

I know I do. I have a speech problem. It's nothing crucial, don't worry. I just have trouble reading out loud. I stumble over my words.

I'm socially awkward. The words won't leave my mouth as I want them to. I
Karla
Jul 16, 2016 Karla rated it liked it
This was great short novella, where we learn a bit more of cinder when she was adopted by Garan her stepfather. How he brings her home for the first time to meet her stepmother and stepsisters. In cinder I really disliked Adri (stepmother) but in this novella I couldn't help feeling a bit bad for her. Pheony, as always was funny and caring to cinder, it was sweet to see how they connected from the beginning. Great addition to the series, loved the cover!
Wendy Darling

A fantastic short story meant to be read before reading Cinder.

Available to read for free on Tor's website: http://www.tor.com/stories/2011/12/gl....
Karly *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)*
I am a girl!!!

And I do have some really nerd-girl moments sometimes. I adore this series.... kickass cyborgs are us.... and I love all our made over fairytale "princesses"!! Also, FREE!! I just can't help but want Glitches to be Winter.....

This is just a quick little insight into Cinder's introduction to her foster family. It doesn't really hand out any new information but it's a nice little moment in that world..... however:

Seriously?! Gimme Winter, all ready!!

Jess ❈Harbinger of Blood-Soaked Rainbows❈
Sep 05, 2013 Jess ❈Harbinger of Blood-Soaked Rainbows❈ rated it liked it
Recommended to Jess ❈Harbinger of Blood-Soaked Rainbows❈ by: Anne
Thanks to the fabulous Anne for showing me the path toward this little shorty.

I liked this short and I can definitely understand the appeal of this series. I can't really rate this one higher than a 3 since it was just basically backstory to Cinder which I have not yet read. But it was engaging and fun, and the writing was decent, and I can understand how if it were expanded, the novel would definitely draw readers in.

As I only got glimpses of characters, I didn't really have enough time to rea
Robin (Bridge Four)
Feb 07, 2013 Robin (Bridge Four) rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, ya
Well that explains how Cinder came to live with Adri and the girls and how she didn't remember anything of her previous life. Interesting to see how Cinder gets used to her synthetic parts at the beginning. Adri is so easy to dislike from the beginning, she is the epitome of evil stepmother.
Anne
Just in time to pad your Reading Challenge!

This is the free online prequel to Cinder.
If you're interesting in reading it, you can click this Link, and check it out.
I know, I know! I'm awesome!

This shorty tells the story of the first little bit of Cinder's life with her step-family. Starting with the train ride over from Europe, and ending with her stepfather's death.
You get a peek at her beginnings as a mechanic, her budding relationship with Peony, and her stepmother's feelings from the begin
Laz
Feb 01, 2015 Laz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing cute short-story. It gives us a glimpse to the past of Cinder when she had first came to Adri's house. We see her struggling to fit in, doing something to make these people who are strangers to her believe in her, believe that she's worth something and that she's not useless and worthless of their attention and care. It's heartbreaking reading this. She is just a little girl and she's in so much pain and she's so alone and she cannot remember a thing before the surgery that turne ...more
Meli
Aug 03, 2015 Meli rated it really liked it
Adorable!
Mounim Kamel
“GLITCHES” is telling the story of Cinder, Cinder is a cyborg girl (half human, half robot), she doesn’t remember anything about her past except that her parents died in an accident and she was lucky enough to survive and to be saved by scientists who replaced her damaged body with cyborg parts.
Basically this story is explaining how Cinder was adopted by Linth family and how she was left alone to face the cruelty of Adri (her stepmother) and pearl (her step sister).
Aya Hamza
This one was so helpful.
It should be read before Cinder because I started Cinder first and couldn't get into the world of it.
It is about the 11-year-old Cinder and her first days with her new family.
I felt heartbroken by this story.
Melanie
You can read this for free on Wattpad.

I know I'm terribly late to this party, but with all the hype surrounding Winter I thought I would give this series a try.

I'm not sure if you guys play video games, but holy moly I couldn't stop thinking of Soma while reading this. The whole concept of being a human trapped in a robot's body, or even thinking you're human when you are actually just a r
Norah Una Sumner

This is such a great short prequel to Cinder.We get to meet her stepfather Garan and to see the revival of Iko,who is charming as always.Peony is such a good person,she almost immediately accepts Cinder as her sister and Adri is...well,Adri.Cinder is still getting used to her life as a cyborg and you can clearly see in how much pain she's really in,espec
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
Un relato corto muy bueno que nos muestra cómo fueron los primeros días de Cinder con su nueva familia tras la operación. Glitches de verdad tiene muchísimas similitudes con la historia de la Cenicienta, sobre todo cuando vemos cómo trata la madrastra a Cinder (you evil b*tch...). Me gustó muchísimo poder conocer a Cinder cuando era pequeña y entender de dónde salieron todas sus inseguridades y su miedo a no encajar.
Maggie ☘ (Reader in Wonderland)
“I have a glitch, too. Sometimes I forget that I’m not human. I don’t think that happens to most androids.” -Iko
Liz* Fashionably Late
Please, God, give her tears so she can cry with me! 'O'

"I have a glitch, too. Sometimes I forget that I'm not human. I don't think that happens to most androids."
Azbaqiyah
One word...

PERFECT!!!
Rivka Ray
Jul 21, 2015 Rivka Ray rated it it was amazing
Find this review and more at 26 Countless Possibilities

This novella is a prequel to Cinder and tells the story of Cinder moving in with the Linhs. I read this novella after Cinder. I plan on reading them in publication order, but you can hope over to Marissa Meyer’s post about what order these books should be read.

I am not a huge fan of novella prequels or other such stories. I usually find them too short and lacking. That was not the case with Glitches! I found it beautiful and emotional. Maybe
Veronica Morfi
Jan 14, 2012 Veronica Morfi rated it it was amazing
When I first saw Cinder and read the blurb I thought I wouldn't like the book, but then people stared reading it and saying so many great things about it, that I was a bit conflicted. Then I read that it's based on the story of Cinderella and that the next three books are also based on fairy tales, so I thought I should give it a chance since I love fairy tales so much. Then I added Cinder in my to read list and I noticed that there was a prequel to the story, so of course I read it.

Now I am pre
P
Dec 31, 2014 P rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
4 ดาว - เปนเรืองสันของซินเดอรตอนทีถูกพายายเขาไปอยูกับหลิน กาแรนและแมเลียงพรอมลูกสาวอีกสองคน
ซินเดอรกับพีโอนีสนิทกันมาก ซินเดอรไดซอมไอโคขึนมาจากเศษชินสวน จนกระทังกาเรนติดโรคระบาดแลวถูกพาตัวไป

อานเพลินๆ ไมมีอะไรมาก แตกทำใหอานเลมของ Cinder ไดเคลียรขึนถาไดอานเลมนีไปกอน
Fenia
Sep 09, 2013 Fenia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-like-drugs
Take my heart and break it,why don't you?? Ughh such a sad start for our dear Cinder..:( The way Andri treated her..and poor Garan? Heartbreaking story!!
Lauren (books & tea & all things me)
My copy of "Cinder" contained this novella as bonus content at the end of the book and I am so glad! I really loved this short story! I think it added extra insight, as well as a lot of depth to both the history of Cinder's life and the characters that we were introduced to and grew to love (or hate) in "Cinder".

This story takes place prior to the events in "Cinder", when Cinder is 11-years old and was just adopted by Garan into her new family. She had just recently underwent her surgery and is
Margarida
Apr 05, 2014 Margarida rated it really liked it
I really liked this short story.

It shows the firsts weeks in Cinder new home. She meets Peony, she's so adorable!!!!!
Pearl and Adri, I hate this two!!! God Adri is so mean!!! How can she call a eleven year old those names?! Calling Cinder a thing. Bitch.

It was really sad to see Garan, the one that brought her to New Beijing, when he told his family that he had Letumosis and their reaction. :( Heartbreaking.

I really liked to read the parts between Peony and Cinder. That was how they became frie
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)
  • The Witch of Duva (The Grisha, #0.5)
  • Bridge of Snow (The Winner's Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Heads Will Roll (Necromancer, #0.1)
  • The Audition (Seraphina, #0.5)
  • The Fierce Reads Anthology
  • The Shadow Cats (Fire and Thorns, #0.5)
  • Foundation (Razorland, #0.5)
  • Praying For Rain (The Lotus War, #0.5)
  • Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)
  • The Spring Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.25)
  • Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • Portrait of a Marshal: The 2nd Unhidden Story (Starters, #1.25)
  • Prophet (Struck, #0.5)
  • Isolation (Partials Sequence, #0.5)
  • This Night So Dark (Starbound, #1.5)
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my husband and beautiful twin daughters. Represented by Jill Grinberg. Learn more about me and my upcoming books at http://www.marissameyer.com.

More about Marissa Meyer...

The Lunar Chronicles (4 books)
  • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
  • Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
  • Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
  • Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)

“I have a glitch, too. Sometimes I forget that I’m not human. I don’t think that happens to most androids.” 73 likes
“Nothing makes an android feel more useless than when a human is crying.” 56 likes