Start by marking “Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 13: Magnetic North” as Want to Read:
Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 13: Magnetic North

Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 13: Magnetic North (Ultimate X-Men trade paperbacks #13)

3.83  ·  Rating Details ·  1,512 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Book by Vaughan, Brian K.
Published February 15th 2006 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 13, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 13

Sesana
Jul 15, 2016 Sesana rated it liked it
Shelves: superhumans, comics
It's a pretty good story, in fact. Magneto's plan is subtle and complex enough to be believable, not only as something that would work but as something that could entirely fool his targets. The Ultimates show up, and it's a pretty decent appearance. They fight the X-Men, of course, because that's what happens when superheroes meet, but it at least makes a certain amount of sense that they do.
Feather Mista
Apr 14, 2015 Feather Mista rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Pocos
Recommended to Feather by: Autores, en teoría...
Por favor, quiero creer que esto es lo peor que haya escrito Vaughan, porque si me vuelvo a aburrir con otros de sus comics como me aburrí con este, no sé cómo explicarlo (más allá de mandatos editoriales y caretaje mainstream). La vueltita de tuerca del final y algunos dibujos de Immonen (que a esta altura ilustraba más o menos lindo pero narraba más o menos feo) hacen mérito para que no sea una historieta mala, pero el aburrimiento general que me provocó lo tira para abajo.
Quizás de acá a unos
Eric England
Apr 22, 2014 Eric England rated it liked it
Ultimate X-Men Volume 13: Magnetic North is the final story of Brian K. Vaughan's run on Ultimate X-Men. It is certainly one of the better story arcs of Vaughan's run. The plot is well thought out and, for once, feels large enough in scope that it needs the entire X-men lineup. The addition of the Ultimates helps expand the universe of the characters and the Academy of Tomorrow founded by Emma Frost is a great idea showcasing an interesting alternative to Xavier's ideas. Additionally, Vaughan wr ...more
Edward Cheer
May 27, 2016 Edward Cheer rated it liked it
Well, that's it for Vaughan. It's sad he didn't really make anything that stood out. Although, to be fair, this is my favorite X-Men comic he's written.

Magnetic North is all about Magneto and his plans to escape his prison. And I've gotta say, his plan is pretty intricately designed. I liked the twists and turns between S.H.I.E.L.D., Xavier, Frost, and Magneto all moving back and forth and re-appropriating their plans every time a new development came in. It felt electric and organic, as the sce
Charles
Andrew
Jan 10, 2009 Andrew rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2008-reads
Brian K. Vaughan's final volume is nigh perfect for a superhero team book. Everything about the closing story arc is great and complete washes away the awful memories of the insipid Mark Millar run. He does everything a competent writer should do. He wraps up his plot lines created in his run but leaves room for future writers to work with what he's done. He's shown that gracious trait, using what previous writers have created, throughout his run too. It's nice to see writers listen to what prev ...more
Jedhua
Aug 27, 2016 Jedhua rated it liked it
Book Info: This collection contains Ultimate X-Men issues #61-65.

{2.5/5 stars}

description
John White
Aug 03, 2015 John White rated it it was ok
For a finale I was hoping more from Vaughan as each story felt like a definite piece to a puzzle, but the end picture was ok rather than good.

The art work by Immonen and VonGraebadger is very good and brings a realistic vibrancy to some mundane settings.

All in all enjoyable enough but a ultimate disappointing.
Talyseon Talyseon
The Ultimate X-Men are out of their slump, and back to producing top rate stories. Check out my full review: Ultimate X-Men: Magnetic North
Amiel
Apr 15, 2015 Amiel added it
i've always wanted to read superhero comic books especially batman's stories and now i've had my first. the book is not so much, but it's a start.
Krystl Louwagie
Aug 11, 2014 Krystl Louwagie rated it really liked it
Always good characters and stories from mister Vaughan. Lets see how the next installment with Kirkman goes...
Variaciones Enrojo
Coleccionable Ultimate 45: Ultimate X-Men 10.
Sha Hernandez
Oct 30, 2014 Sha Hernandez rated it liked it
2.5/5 stars
Josephine Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
A serious step up from the previous stories... probably because we got to hang out with Magneto again. Also, the story directly concerning Polaris' freak-out was really engaging somehow.

Worth slogging through Ultimate X-Men Vol. 12: Hard Lessons
Michael
Aug 15, 2009 Michael rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Brian K. Vaughan amps up with this volume. His and Stuart Immonen's work reaches a peak here, and leaves a very good impression. I'm a little worried for Robert Kirkman's run, but this will leave me interested, at least for a little while.
Fizzgig76
Reprints Ultimate X-Men #61-65. Lorna Dane is framed for murder and imprisoned with Magneto who is working on an escape plan. Not bad, not great. It is pretty typical Ultimate X-Men with soapy storylines.
sixthreezy
Sep 23, 2012 sixthreezy rated it really liked it
Shelves: x-men, marvel, ultimate
Dare I say what I need to say about Magneto again... Not as much on-and-on about it this time around, but still fairly uneventful story going on with him around..
Zach Danielson
Great finale for Brian K. Vaughan's run on Ultimate X-Men.
La Revistería Comics
Vaughan cierra su etapa en los Ultimate X-Men con una saga atrapante y jugada como pocas, con un Immonen aún algo verde pero igualmente entretenido.
Jeff Raymond
For what it’s worth, I wasn’t enjoying Ultimate X-Men for a while, but the last 4 books have really turned it around for me.
Hannah
Jun 16, 2009 Hannah rated it liked it
The storyline twisted between being really complex and astoundingly predictable. The art, however, was fantastic.
Vadim
Jul 26, 2013 Vadim rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Ugh. Really disappointing by this series despite the all great names attached, and a few good moments throughout.
Joe
Aug 23, 2012 Joe rated it really liked it
This got better with the update of the regular 616 Universe
Selene
Selene added it
Sep 29, 2016
Kade-Mica Battles
Kade-Mica Battles marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
Willeythemarmot
Willeythemarmot rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2016
Edward Brown
Edward Brown rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
  • Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 8: New Mutants
  • Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 14: Phoenix?
  • Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 6: Return of the King
  • Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 19: Absolute Power
Born in Cleveland in 1976, Brian K. Vaughan is the Eisner, Harvey, and Shuster Award-winning writer and co-creator of the critically acclaimed comics series Y: The Last Man, Runaways, and Ex Machina (picked as one of the ten best works of fiction of 2005 by Entertainment Weekly).

Recently named "Writer of the Year" by Wizard Magazine, and one of the “top ten comic writers of all time” by Comic Boo
More about Brian K. Vaughan...

Ultimate X-Men trade paperbacks (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 1: The Tomorrow People