Start by marking “Snowbound Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #13)” as Want to Read:
Snowbound Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #13)

Snowbound Mystery (The Boxcar Children #13)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  1,759 ratings  ·  24 reviews
When a terrible snowstorm hits the area, the Boxcar Children are trapped. To make matters worse, there's something very suspicious about their cabin. What are all those strange markings on the closet door? And what are all those strange noises the Boxcar Chldren hear in the night?
Published January 1st 1990 by Albert Whitman & Company (first published January 1st 1968)

To ask other readers questions about Snowbound Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowbound Mystery

Smilla's Sense of Snow by Peter HøegThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisThe Call of the Wild by Jack LondonWhite Fang by Jack LondonThe Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Ice and Snow
238th out of 356 books — 112 voters
The Snow Child by Eowyn IveyA Christmas Carol by Charles DickensSnowflakes and Coffee Cakes by Joanne DeMaioThe Night Before Christmas by Clement C. MooreStopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost
Snow
103rd out of 176 books — 34 voters

More lists with this book...

Meredith Buchanan
Oh my God it’s finally autumn in the Alden universe. It only took 13 books. I can only imagine the length of time that will pass before we see spring again.

In the very first paragraph we learn that their school is closed because there’s been a fire and it’s been partially destroyed. This sounds very mysterious to me, but what do I know, because this crime-solving quartet isn’t piqued in the least by this tidbit.

That’s Gertrude for you, throwing in some interesting news about arson to distract y
Irene
Apr 27, 2013 Irene rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Elementary school aged kids
Shelves: children
Another exciting adventure for the Alden family! This time, they are snowed in at a hunter's cabin. I really think their little getaways must be so much fun!

So far, each book has given me one new piece of information about Henry. In Houseboat Mystery, I learned that Henry was now old enough to drive. In this book, he's in college! Everyone else is pretty much the same. Benny is funny, Jessie is the cook, and Violet picks up the other household duties. (She does the sewing in the first book, the
Hollowspine
This was a very nostalgic book for me. I remembered the story a bit better than the first boxcar children book with the mystery of the cabin and the squirrels in the attic. This also was a great book to read with all the snow we'd been getting this year.

As with the first book the Alden children never ceased to amaze me with their consistently positive attitudes, polite speech patterns and unflinching work ethic. I also noticed however that although they didn't go out of their way to be extravag
Rebecca /will you follow me one last time\
This was my favorite series growing up. I read every book I could get my hands on. I probably read about a hundred, though I know I did not read the later ones in order.

I remember this particular book was one of my favorites. Mostly because I love baking.
Kim
Nov 26, 2014 Kim rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Kim by: elliott county christian center and cassie helensteet
I have books 1 12 and 13 of this series
Caleb Mckenzie
I Liked snowbound mystery they got stuck in A snow storm
Elizabeth
Seattle was frustratingly devoid of seasons, at least the way the four seasons were portrayed in books and movies. I ached for winters blessed with blankets of snow. My fervent annual wish was for a white Christmas.So imagine my jealousy perusing the tale of the four boxcar children snowbound, trapped indoors with family members who actually enjoyed spending their time together playing games, piecing together puzzles, and constructing art projects.
Ashle Oaks
I didn't care for this story as much as much as some of the others. This story focuses more on all of the children than the last few have. They are also on an adventure by themselves for the first time in a while. They are back to be being perfect and polite all the time. And the sexism is back too. I do wish the author would have revealed what the secret ingredient was.
Kristine Pratt
I really love how Mr. Alden trust the children enough to let them go on their own and have adventures. The idea of sending kids to spend a week in a remote cabin, with a 5 mile walk round trip just to get food is amazing to me. Yes we know Henry is in college, but to me it's still ambitious.

Enjoyable mystery. The snowstorm kept it thrilling. I really liked this one.
Bird
Reading these books gives me a big dose of nostalgia. They're pretty monotonous and boring (how many meals can we witness the Alden children making?!), especially considering the kids' books being published today, but it reminds me of my childhood.
Kel
Picked this up at a yard sale. I have always like GCW; Boxcar Children #1 is a top comfort book. My son and I read this. Fun story.
Elevetha
The Boxcar Children = most read series between the ages of 6 and 9 for me. I think of these fondly. Every child should read this series.
Katie
As always, the Alden children are disgustingly self-sufficient and helpful to everyone.
Shannon
I always wanted to be snowbound! Didn't get the chance until 18 years later. :)
Spoke
There doesn't have to be a villain for things to be mysterious. <3
Tiona
This was my favorite Boxcar children book!
Hazel
A good series for the young reader.
Meredith
Very good book, a very quick read.
great when ur little
Mysterious recipe!
Anna
Anna added it
Dec 15, 2014
  • Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Sleeping Dog (Encyclopedia Brown, #21)
  • Kidnapped by River Rats
  • Mandie and the Hidden Treasure (Mandie Books, #9)