Start by marking “Darkness Rising (Legends of Marithia, #2)” as Want to Read:
Darkness Rising (Legends of Marithia, #2)

Darkness Rising (Legends of Marithia #2)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  39 reviews
In the aftermath of the Battle of the Elven Woods, the two legends of Marithian prophecy are both dangerously close to the dark grip of death as Marithia suffers under the powers of the Blood Red Moon.

Vartan, prophesised to save Marithia, lays spellbound under the protection of the mythical dragons. The vampire sorceress Kassina, prophesised to bring about their Armageddon
Published November 30th 2011 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Darkness Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darkness Rising

Peter Koevari
Jun 03, 2013 Peter Koevari added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Legends of Marithia: Darkness Rising is my sequel to my debut novel, Prophecies Awakening

Although I have written Book 2 in the series to be able to be read in its own right... It will be far more enjoyable if you have read the first book. Legends of Marithia 1 (Prophecies Awakening) was an adrenaline rush journey of events, that set the stage for the entire series.

It is only fair that I make yet another important note here to all new readers:

*Content warning* Legends of Marithia : Darkness Risin
Adela C.

English review, followed by the Romanian translation of the review (Recenzie în engleză, urmată de traducerea în română a recenziei)

"In the blood of scales and days of kings,
Will come a boy to save us all.
Let us pray to the gods above, our voices large and small.
For all we fear in the shadows, will be destroyed with light.
Talonsphere will rise from the ground, and bring fire to the night."

"Darkness Rising" is the second book in the "Legends of Marithia" series, and I am delighted to say that i
Soobie's heartbroken
The author kindly provided me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

OK, I liked this book better than Prophecies Awakening.

First of all, I love it when authors add a characters' list at the beginning of a book. My memory is quite bad when it comes to remember names from previous books. Yeah, I read Prophecies Awakening back in June and most of the secondary characters' names were long forgotten and I had to get back to the beginning a fair amount of times. But yeah, my b
**Disclaimer: I was given a copy of this book by the author to read and review**

A great continuation of the story begun in Prophecies Awakening, Darkness Rising is book two of the Legends of Marithia series. I actually enjoyed Darkness more than Prophecies, because the story seemed to flow a bit more coherently. It is clear that Mr. Koevari took into account the feedback from the first book and used it to his advantage in crafting a much more put-together story.

In Darkness, most of the book revo
David Greenlees
Enjoyed this read immensely!

Peter did receive some feedback regarding character depth in book 1. Book 2 eats this feedback for breakfast. It's as though book 1 was a 'teaser'... a fast paced fantasy thriller to get you hooked. Book 2 goes on to explain many beginnings for many characters. Not to give anything away, but we now know why Shindar is Shindar (and I don't really blame him)!

There are some extreme twists throughout, but especially toward the end. You are left guessing at many points, wi
Leonor (Ner)
David Caldwell
This is book 2 of Legends of Marithia series.So far the series is making me think of a chess match.The first novel was a flurry of moves as the opponents test each others defenses.The second was more along the lines of setting up strategies to defeat their opponents.While it might not have quite as much action as the first, there is more intrigue and character development.You get to learn more about characters from both sides of the war.New characters are also introduced and old characters chang ...more
Ilija Ilić
I was thinking that nothing can suprise me after book 1. I was soo wrong! This book is fuckin' amazing!
Full with soo much intresting twists and caracters. When you start to read you just can't stop untill you read all of it. On every page you discover something new and intresting.
Peter did great job creating the world of Maritha, beautiful but terrifying at the same time. Full with creatures that you can't imagine.
This book have everything. Kingdom, Hero, Knight, Princess, Queen, Sorcerers, Dr
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

The story continues where the first book finished. In the second book it's all about getting prepared for the final battle between good and evil. Also we meet a new characters both good and bad and also I'm happy with returning some of the old ones, the ones who I thought they will stay dead for good. Love the story about why Shindar turned to the evil side. The author did a great job with creating this world of Marithia, love
Patricia Graham
Characters were more solidified which is characteristic in a series of books. Peter followed through with previous characters from Book 1 and tied up any loose connections. More suspense is created in 'Darkness Rising' and excellent foreshadowing kept the readers engaged throughout.

Excellent Job Peter

Would reccommned to anyone. Vivid and full of creative writing
Saffron Bryant
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is a fantastic follow-up to book one. More characters are introduced and I feel deeply for all of them. I’m desperate to find out how each character handles the coming events.

There are even more unexpected twists in this than in book one and I have to say there were some things that I thought there was NO WAY would happen… and then they did.

Excellent fantasy tropes are mixed with originality to create a fun and entertaining re
Carla D.
Opinião em Português no blog Pepita Mágica:

I received this eBook directly from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I need to start this review by stating that I love Peter’s writing. I don’t know how to put it exactly, but it’s perfect… it has an incredible melodic and poetry-vibe; everything fits perfectly together and makes sense. Legends of Marithia trilogy is a medieval fantasy world and every word written by Peter feels like it belongs in a m
Much better than the first book, although everything seems to happen way to quickly. I don't like how the marriage happened & I didn't find anything more special than a traditional wedding and an elven wedding. Although everything was meant to be fast paced in the midst of a war, it would of been nice if some parts had more bits to it.
I enjoyed reading about Shindar & was actually rooting for him almost.. He has a good character background story. The Wumvarn was pretty badass too, in my
Masa Bursac
*** I've received fee eBook copy in exchange for an honest review***

This is a second book in Legends of Marithia series. The story picks up where it finished in first book. This series is about world Marithia and all its creatures which are fighting against forces of darkness. There is a war and the story follows how both sides prepare for it and also we found out the history of characters and world.

I liked this book, though I had some issues with it. It had good amount of action and also I like
Amy_Read to My Heart's Content

Peter Koevari does a fantastic job of world building in this novel. We learned about Marithia in the first book, and yet I find that I am still being immersed in another side of it in this second installment. This story has it all : noble dragons, loyal elves, fragile humans, and fierce vampires. Yes! I just said vampires! That is what initially brought me to this series-the concept of having a high fantasy with all your classic characters but then vampire
Kristen N.
Darkness Rising book 2 of Legends of Marithia by Peter Koevari is a fast paced fantasy thriller. Peter Koevari does an excellent job pulling readers in with all the twists and turns throughout and thrills readers with one final twist at the end. Peter Koevari uses Darkness Rising book 2 of Legends of Marithia to go into detailing the beginning of many of the characters. Here we will find Shindar was not always as he is now, once he was a better man and we learn what caused his fall. Peter Koevar ...more
I received a free ebook copy of this book in return for an honest review.

This book is as enjoyable, if not more so, than the first book in the series, "Prophecies Awakening." In "Darkness Rising," the reader learns more about Vartan's past, as well as Kassina's and Shindar's. I liked how Shindar's fall into evil parallels Kassina's own fall. It explains his fatherly feelings for her and his desire to use her for his own revenge. The blood magic used throughout the book by these characters is qui
Yet another great story from the lands of Marithia. Again we can read about adventures of some interesting characters - old and new (and some renewed).

This book went on with a bit slower pace then the first. It felt like peace before the storm though. There's still plenty of things going on around Marithia. You will never get bored reading this. Each chapter brings something new, surprising and sometimes - they leave you want more. Which obviously means that I can't wait for the next book :) And
Darkness Rising is the second book of the Legends of Marithia series. The book begins where the first leaves off. If you never read the first book, this review might contain spoilers. You have been warned! Now back to the review. After the attack in the Elven Woods, both sides are nursing their wounds. Vartan was left near dead, but eventually heals to be reunited with Helenia and the Marithians. Kassina was in a similar fate as Vartan. Both sides need to boost up their armies and prep for anoth ...more
Jul 15, 2013 Carol rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fantasy fans with a love of late 80's/early 90's fantasy movies
Recommended to Carol by: Peter Koevari
Shelves: fantasy
This book was given to me by the author in return for a fair and honest review.

Darkness Rising takes up where Prophecies Awakening finished off and it to gallops along at a good pace making it an easy and entertaining read. This novel brings a little depth and back story to the characters and is all the better for it. In true fantasy tradition I have started to care for these characters and look forward to finding out what happens next.

Peter Koevari has added some new characters to the mix, som

Sandra Allemeersch
So, after reading the first one, I didn't have to high hopes for this second one in the trilogy. I'm proved mostely wrong.

I feel like there are still some issues, so I'll start with that.
- It really felt strange that the necklace and our main character were acting like such close friends. Did I miss something? It was like they only just met in the first book? And after introducing them like such good friends... you like rarely hear about the necklace again....
- The story about the elves and huma
Jack Leone
If you enjoy Dragons, Vampires, and a magical world this is the book for you.

I was given an ARC copy of the book for participating in proofreading for the author whom I met on Goodreads. Actually read the book twice, was getting a chapter a week for a few months to provide feedback, but then reread it in it's entirety because it was just that good.

I love that it lived up to the predecessor's story!! It is still as well-written and exciting as the first one. By the way, the uncut and expanded version of this second book will be available soon.

The journey to find the Talonsphere and defeat Shindar and Kassina continues. There are some interesting characters that are added in this book. Like Anakari and Yuski which will pretty much beat Buffy the vampire slayer in the badass department.

Shindar's past gutted me so much since I felt that he h
Jack Leone
If you enjoy Dragons, Vampires, and a magical world this is the book for you.

This was an amazing sequel. The author breaks the traditional fantasy genre by going to many graphic extremes which as a reader I find very enjoyable, because many books are toned down. There are a handful of main characters that you grow to love, unfortunately not all have a happy ending.

The sequel picks up a fe
Actual rating: 4.5 stars

*ebook provided for an honest review*

Book 2 in the Legends of Marithia series is every bit as good as Book 1. I actually enjoyed this portion of the story even more, thanks to the additional details about the characters and events prior to the start of Book 1. The picture becomes more complete for the reader, however you can certainly still enjoy each book as a stand alone novel.

I loved the world the author created...especially Trahoterra, the Island of Dragons. (I know h
The battles continues as Kassina is brought back to life with Shindar's help, Vartan is stuck in the darkness of Kassina's evil spell and hears Talonsphere calling. Humans. Elfen, and dragons unite to take Greenhaven back, while new characters are introduced, some to aid and some to fight against with the evil sorceress vowing to avenge her defeat!

Peter Kovevari did it again with book two to keep me in suspense and on the edge of my seat while he slowly reeled me in, like a caught fish where I f
This book is the second in the series and picks up right where the first book left off. The book introduces us to a few new characters and intertwines them with the fates of the original characters. We learn more about the original characters in this book, as some secrets that were kept from them are now revealed.

This is another book that will keep you turning the pages to find out what happens next. There are interesting twists and turns and things you didn't see coming which will make you want
If it's possible... I like Darkness Rising even better than book 1. Shindars' story is revealed and you see what made him become evil. The plot is building to the ultimate battle. The mystery surrounding Kari was intriguing. The twist revealed at the end about Kassina was not expected. As with the first book, i was unable to put it down. I leaves me begging to know what will happen next.
Absolutely excellent fantasy series. Hurry up with the 3rd book Peter! :-)
Questions for the author? (Spoiler questions allowed) 1 6 Aug 30, 2012 01:22AM
  • Entice: An Ignite Novella (Ignite, #1.5)
  • A Circle Of Iron (Eldernost, #1)
  • Wolf's Bane (Demimonde, #3)
  • Rook (Timeless Games, #1)
  • Iron Pendulum (Periodic, #2)
  • Sword of Lies
  • The Eye of the World: the Graphic Novel, Volume Two
  • Heart of Briar (The Portals #1)
  • Hilda - The Challenge (Hilda the Wicked Witch #3)
  • Possess (Mary Hades #2)
  • Jim Butcher's Dresden Files: War Cry #1
  • Forest of Whispers (Forest of Whispers, #1)
  • Once In A Lifetime (FairyTale Boxed Set)
  • The Devil in the Corner
  • Plague City
  • Resilient
  • Turner
  • What the Dead Fear
Peter Koevari is a writer that holds fantasy dearly close to his heart. From an early age, he was immersed in all media of fantasy that he could get his hands on. Memories of movies such as The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Star Wars, Conan, The Last Starfighter, The Princess Bride, and many more are cherished memories of fantasy nostalgia.

Peter’s hunger for storytelling was growing from a young age. F
More about Peter Koevari...

Legends of Marithia (3 books)
  • Prophecies Awakening (Legends of Marithia, #1)
  • Talonsphere (Legends of Marithia, #3)
Prophecies Awakening (Legends of Marithia, #1) Talonsphere (Legends of Marithia, #3) Halloween's End Legends of Marithia: War of Prophecies (3 Full Novel BOX SET)